• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Nintendo just bought the studio responsible for the Switch port of Mortal Kombat 1.
I'm talking about all the drama surrounding PC ports of Sony games requiring linking your Steam account to a PSN account in order to even play. I don't know if Nintendo would want people to be forced to do the same thing on their system.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm talking about all the drama surrounding PC ports of Sony games requiring linking your Steam account to a PSN account in order to even play. I don't know if Nintendo would want people to be forced to do the same thing on their system.
I don't think it's as big an issue as you think it is, cause I'm pretty sure some games on the Switch already do that regarding other company accounts, like some of Ubisoft's games like UNO and whatnot.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't think it's as big an issue as you think it is, cause I'm pretty sure some games on the Switch already do that regarding other company accounts, like some of Ubisoft's games like UNO and whatnot.
Although Sony is a console competitor which is a different story.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Having watched more of the SGF, I take back every complaint I ever had about any Nintendo Direct because good god the Big N seem to be the only company that understands pacing in these presentations.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
With all the drama surrounding Sony's PC ports I don't know if Nintendo would want to have any of their games on their systems.
Well they already have three MLB The Show games on the Switch and now they're getting another game that isn't baseball.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
I think a Sony character eventually getting in would be cool, though I’d prefer a cartoonier character get in after Kratos, if only for the contrast/differentiation. Not saying Aloy is like Kratos, mind you, and this is just personal preference. Parappa is probably my most wanted PlayStation character, but he is (relatively) obscure at this point.
PaRappa would honestly be pretty cool, especially as a rhythm game rep (if Rhythm Heaven doesn’t get in first). Dance Dance Revolution would also be a pretty cool (though unlikely) rep (Afro/Disco for Smash?), but I don’t think they’d be able to use any of the licensed songs (Butterfly, Have You Never Been Mellow, Boom Boom Dollar, etc.). Just the Konami Originals (PARANOiA, Afronova, Trip Machine, etc.)

Also, if Kratos ever gets into Smash, I'm kind of hoping they'll base him off of the Olympus Saga.

pitchfulprocessing

Smash Journeyman
Most of Sony's ports don't require PSN log-ins. It's only the multiplayer for GoT and God of War Ragnarok, the older games like Horizon and GOW 2018 don't have that.

Lego games do sell well on the Switch so it would make sense, I don't think Sony would be super resistant to that.

Also between N64 and PS1, while the N64 obvs has classics, I think you can't really beat the PS1's third party line-up. All three of the PS1 Final Fantasy games is tough to match, and then you have MGS, Tekken, RE, Silent Hill, Parasite Eve, Castlevania, etc etc all on top of that.

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
With Sonic x Shadow Generations. a Completely Unique Shadow has shot up my list of most wanted Smash Characters.

Like those Venom wings would be cool as **** in Smash, and we don't even quite know what they do yet
It's his new Up Special instead of Spring Jump.

Instead taking from Kazuya's Up Special. :V

pitchfulprocessing

Smash Journeyman
I would say just speaking for personal want, my favourite Sony franchises are stuff like Gravity Rush, Infamous, Shadow of the Colossus, and Bloodborne, and I'd like to see those represented, but Kratos would still be the character I'd want most. I like God of War and Kratos could have an insanely cool moveset and stage, the series in general could bring a ton of great content and I feel like he'd just be a fun character, I've already seen a really cool fully drawn fanmade moveset for him.

Kat would also be a fun pick and I think she would probably be a character a lot of Nintendo fans could easily latch on to, Gravity Rush has some amazing scenery. A travelling Uncharted stage would also be cool. In general if a Sony character ever happened I hope it would bring as much content from the company as possible, there's a lot of fun stuff you could do there.

With Sonic x Shadow Generations. a Completely Unique Shadow has shot up my list of most wanted Smash Characters.

Like those Venom wings would be cool as **** in Smash, and we don't even quite know what they do yet
I appreciate them just making Shadow Alex Mercer lol. I think it's cool how they're embracing Shadow The Hedgehog's story and plot points.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I just thought of a way Divine Pulse could be unique if Byleth had it in Smash: as Byleth's take on Roman canceling.

Pressing B + down at any point would set a marker around Byleth. Pressing B + down again would cancel directly back into the action that was canceled before.
That sounds less like a Roman Cancel and more like Orcane's Puddles. It doesn't not make sense as a gimmick though since it incorporates the idea of rolling back the character's previous actions.

An actual Roman Cancel could work too, but I do like the idea.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Alternate between serious and cartoony PS reps.

Kratos > Ratchet > Nathan > Sly > Aloi > Jak > etc.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Me knowing damn well Horizon is the most likely Sony series to join smash:
(I dont like this series)

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Me knowing damn well Horizon is the most likely Sony series to join smash:
(I dont like this series)
What don’t you like about it? I only played the first game but I really enjoyed it. The story was really interesting too plus there’s just something inherently cool about hunting giant robot dinosaurs in my opinion.

TheQuester

Smash Journeyman
I never through i'd say this but Aloy is now technically elegible for Smash Bros, she has now a 0,1% chance, i guess.
Also, i heard someone say a Baldur Gate 3 rep, that's technically impossible, while BG3 characters are from videogame origin, BG is not a videogame series originally was a board game, i believe.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

That Sonic x Shadow Generations trailer made me start to become open to the idea of Shadow being both a fighter and an Assist Trophy and I don’t like that.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I think its time i talked about kirby reps again!
I think these are likely:

Bandana Dee

Obvious candidate and most likely to join first! Being the fourth member of the kirby heroes!

Magolor

Has multiple appearnces in spinoffs and main games! is also an actual final boss which is cool!

Elfilin

Is mostly in by the logic that Big Game= Character from that game as Elflinhasnt been shown to fight yet although the could use moves from elfilis!

The Knights

Morpho seems to be more relevant at the moment while galcta has more history! What helps them is that they could be semi clones of meta Knight!

While i love Dark Matter (Orb) i think his status as 100% (and older) Boss damges his chances A LOT!
Whispy and kracko technically could be added too (especially Kracko) them being normal bosses reduces their chances!
Although i definitly think they are on a similar level as Bowser Jr. When it comes to in franchise importance!

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I think its time i talked about kirby reps again!
I think these are likely:

Bandana Dee

Obvious candidate and most likely to join first! Being the fourth member of the kirby heroes!

Magolor

Has multiple appearnces in spinoffs and main games! is also an actual final boss which is cool!

Elfilin

Is mostly in by the logic that Big Game= Character from that game as Elflinhasnt been shown to fight yet although the could use moves from elfilis!

The Knights

Morpho seems to be more relevant at the moment while galcta has more history! What helps them is that they could be semi clones of meta Knight!

While i love Dark Matter (Orb) i think his status as 100% (and older) Boss damges his chances A LOT!
Whispy and kracko technically could be added too (especially Kracko) them being normal bosses reduces their chances!
Although i definitly think they are on a similar level as Bowser Jr. When it comes to in franchise importance!
I know it’s probably never going to happen but my most wanted Kirby character is Bugzzy. It would require another out there Piranha Plant style choice and even then there are many more recognizable mooks but I’ve always loved both its design and playstyle in Kirby games.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Morpho should be a Galacta alt costume. On account of, ya know, them being the same character.

I guess we now have three SF reps in Smash lol
:ult_terry:now reps FF, KOF, and SF
Well...that Elena design is great. That's about the only good thing I have to say about season 2...
Bison's redesign is bad(though his moveset looks rad).
And **** guest characters. We only get 4 characters a year, and half of them won't even be SF characters?

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Morpho should be a Galacta alt costume. On account of, ya know, them being the same character.

Well...that Elena design is great. That's about the only good thing I have to say about season 2...
And **** guest characters. We only get 4 characters a year, and half of them won't even be SF characters?
Technically they are not the same character!
Morpho is just the butterfly who absorbed galactas abilitys (i think)
And they have preety diffrent abilitys and weapons! Like Morpho would just need a brand new shield in that case!

toonito

Smash Ace

i get people's unhappiness with yesterday's news but guest characters in fighting games honestly doesnt bother me.

i think the 4 characters per year is the real sore spot.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
i get people's unhappiness with yesterday's news but guest characters in fighting games honestly doesnt bother me.
It bothers me in non-crossover games when there are still characters from the series itself that haven't been added yet.

How is Street Fighter supposed to reach 'Everyone is Here!' if they're giving away roster slots to other series?!

i think the 4 characters per year is the real sore spot.
It sure as hell isn't helping.

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
It bothers me in non-crossover games when there are still characters from the series itself that haven't been added yet.

How is Street Fighter supposed to reach 'Everyone is Here!' if they're giving away roster slots to other series?!
This gave me an idea.

Everyone Is Here! (up to that point in their respective franchises) happened for Smash (Ultimate), MK (Trilogy), VF4Evo, SF4? Maybe?, onna the mvc?

Top Bottom