• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Alright, everyone, here me out: a new Fire Emblem... but it's STEAMPUNK.

I wonder if one of the mainline Fire Emblem games will get as creative as some of the Worlds in Fire Emblem Heroes. Like imagine people starting to go all grim because it's another Fire Emblem character revealed for Smash, only for them to look really confused when that character begins fighting in a big frickin' Mecha, something normally very unrelated to Fire Emblem.
Sorta like how I imagine Reimu getting revealed would be like if they make her like her video games. Everybody sorta confused at this traditional Japanese shrine maiden and expecting something from a traditional shrine maiden only for her to start shooting her talismans and magic like frickin' machine guns.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

Aight, so I jumped ship from FEH after they added the pass, not out of protest, but because I didn’t want to get caught up in any potential drama. Have I been missing out on some really cool stuff? Because I’m gonna be mad if someone says “yes.”

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Aight, so I jumped ship from FEH after they added the pass, not out of protest, but because I didn’t want to get caught up in any potential drama. Have I been missing out on some really cool stuff? Because I’m gonna be mad if someone says “yes.”
Depends. Book IV's plot gets very complicated very fast, so that might be a turnoff. However, they have added a bunch of highly-requested characters, namely Jill from the Tellius games. I suggest you do some research and come to your own conclusion.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Absolutely not. There isn’t even one consistent “Hero” character in the Dragon Quest franchise and the Luminary’s only major appearance in a well selling Dragon Quest game is 11, for obvious reason, which sold best in Japan. Saying that the Luminary is bigger than Mega Man the character just because of the size of Dragon Quest is like saying that John Price is bigger than Kirby just because of how huge Call of Duty is.
I said Hero, not Luminary.
There are four Heroes, Eleven, Erdrick, Solo, and Eight.
Erdrick, the most iconic Hero, is definitely at least as iconic as Mega Man and even on par with Cloud as a mascot.
Four Heroes represents Dragon Quest as a whole, and to even imply that Dragon Quest is a niche franchise outside of Japan is ludicrous.
SmartSelect_20201207-210028_Wikipedia.jpg

To put that into perspective, the next three franchises that have sold LESS than Dragon Quest are Tomb Raider, Halo, and Just Dance!

Even if it's super ****in' duper popular in Japan, it's still a juggernaut worldwide.
Dragon Quest is absolutely not a niche franchise.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I wonder if one of the mainline Fire Emblem games will get as creative as some of the Worlds in Fire Emblem Heroes. Like imagine people starting to go all grim because it's another Fire Emblem character revealed for Smash, only for them to look really confused when that character begins fighting in a big frickin' Mecha, something normally very unrelated to Fire Emblem.
Sorta like how I imagine Reimu getting revealed would be like if they make her like her video games. Everybody sorta confused at this traditional Japanese shrine maiden and expecting something from a traditional shrine maiden only for her to start shooting her talismans and magic like frickin' machine guns.
I wonder if maybe in the future of fire emblem technology will be more important
Yeah, I was wondering that too. I had a vague idea for a more futuristic Fire Emblem game, but it didn't really take off. I actually really want a technology-focused Fire Emblem now.

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
I would be cool with a legit 8-bit Mario being added to the roster, just not as a part of the fighter pass. Maybe if it was some special extra character (free or paid) to promote Mario's 35th Anniversary, then it'd be fine.

So at this point, are we really expecting any kind of reveal at The Game Awards? After last year, I don't want to get my hopes up. I think Nintendo is just going to go on like they have this entire year so far and do their own thing with a shadow drop. Who knows, it could even be next week. Perhaps the next character they have to show isn't something that'd get a lot of hype at The Game Awards.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Someone say Guitar Hero!

Somehow I was able to shill Arthas
Not even joking, I once made a super unrealistic Smash dream roster, and I included Guitar Hero as a Hero situation with Johnny Napalm, Lars Ümlaüt, Axel Steel, and Judy Nails.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
...It actually can. There's many items/enemies among the series not a Spirit. Frankly, it's the easiest pack to do. And you can also outright use old spirits too.

Music the only thing that arguably is difficult, but they need, what, 2 songs to count? A couple remixes, boom. A stage? Returning stage is new to Ultimate. It's surprisingly easier than people think.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic, but yeah, I agree with your point that being analytical is a good thing.
Yeah, I was being genuine lol.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
If they seriously make a futuristic/modern-day Fire Emblem instead of bringing back Advance Wars ima be royally pissed off.
I think they could still coexist if FE still retains the fantasy element too. I like the steampunk-style direction Heroes is going. If they keep the kingdoms, spells, and swords, I think it could remain unique and not encroach on Wars too much.

Or we could just have a straight-up crossover. That could work too.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think they could still coexist if FE still retains the fantasy element too. I like the steampunk-style direction Heroes is going. If they keep the kingdoms, spells, and swords, I think it could remain unique and not encroach on Wars too much.

Or we could just have a straight-up crossover. That could work too.
They could totally coexist but for that to happen they need to bring Advance Wars back.

We Wars fans already have to deal with "we can't find a way to include supports", we don't need to add "why would we make two tech-themed strategy games? just play FE lol" to Intelligent Systems' excuses.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I’m curious, I dunno if this was talked about beforehand, but looking at Min Min’s pack, I’m genuinely curious; what are Spring Man’s chances for the next game? His stage is already in, so...
If they wanna recycle most of the current ARMS content, that's no problem for letting Spring Man in.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I’m curious, I dunno if this was talked about beforehand, but looking at Min Min’s pack, I’m genuinely curious; what are Spring Man’s chances for the next game? His stage is already in, so...
Assuming they keep ARMS relevant, probably pretty likely. I'd throw him and Octolings in the "inevitable" camp assuming nothing shifts too much come next Smash.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Oh wow as a long time FE fan I am a SUPER not into this. It looks... blegh. All of it just looks really dull aside from the deity looking characters near the end of the trailer.

It just looks REALLY bled dry of color and replaced with GREEN! And BROWN! But yeah, I’m glad this is only in Heroes because I don’t want this to be the path FE takes. Especially when IS already has an incredible take on Steampunk that outdoes this by a country mile that they’re just sitting on.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I'd say he's in a pretty decent spot. As long as Nintendo's still doing stuff with ARMS when the Super Switch or whatever they'll call it swings around, I don't see why Spring Man wouldn't be added (Assuming, of course, ARMS 2 doesn't replace him).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom