• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
All I will say is, I think Bandee is eligible for Smash, and that he might be more possible as DeeLC then we realise.
But that’s probably my bias talking....
Personally, I think it depends on if they're fine with a "looser" theme, so to speak. Bandana Dee's a major character in the Kirby series, but his impressive headcount is held back by the fact that he's always the supporter, as opposed to King Dedede and Meta Knight's more staggered but active roles-And even then, neither of those two are as ingrained into the essence of the Kirby series than Kirby himself. All the past DLC has been themed around something that the fighter represents, be it a single game, the whole series, or in Terry's case, the entire company.

That being said, there's a fair bit of content that Kirby's missing that Bandana Dee could bring with him. It's just that we don't know how loose the connection with that content can to be with the fighter themselves.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Honestly, the terms people switch out for "deserve" sound... exactly the same.

The term "deserving" is synonymous with all these other terms people often use:
  • should be
  • is worthy of
  • has merit to
  • has earned
  • is justified
  • has warranted an inclusion
  • is suitable for
  • would fit
etc. etc.

I could use any of these phrases and more, and despite being the dictionary definition of the term, I would not be jumped on as much as if I had used the word "is deserving". I understand that many fandoms use that term as a sort of entitled way to speak of their favorite characters, but alone there's nothing wrong with it, especially coming from a subjective opinion.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Hideki Naganuma could have been the composer of Splatoon. Naganuma was the composer for Jet Set Radio.

Honestly I can't understand why Nintendo wouldn't have hired him. Maybe not for Splatoon, but for something else lol
I think this might be a Joke. Naganuma isn't exactly the bastion of serious discussion
Yakuza live action movie announced. This is how Kiryu can win.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Yakuza is Sega’s bestselling franchise after “Sonic The Hedgehog.” The game was first released on PlayStation 2 in 2005 and has since grown into a global franchise with an additional seven main title sequels and eight spin-off titles on all major gaming platforms.
are they trying to make a sega cinematic universe? I've been focused on thinking about a Nintendo or Capcom one, but I guess a SCU would work.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
i actually wouldn't mind a square enix cinematic universe --

remembers The Spirits Within and Advent Children

...on second thought, i'll pass...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
...........May I be the one to ask, why you don’t want him?
I just dont want him? i dont really need a reason, well, if you could me wanting other characters more as a reason, sure. But in general, I just dont want him

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Kirby has a very similar issue with Zelda where a lot of it's most enticing characters are one-offs and thus probably won't be as prioritized when it comes to Smash

Bandana Dee is essentially the Impa of his series, for better or for worse. The consistent fourth-wheel. Whether or not that'd be something in his favor is up to you.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I honestly think Dixie Kong is the only additional character from an already repped series in Smash that needs to be in by now. I guess Rex as an honorary mention.
Personally I would put Dixie in the Same category as Bandanna Dee. A character that has a high chance of joining at some point but at this point in time with how the DLC characters are structured I'm not sure if this is where they will get to join

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Personally I would put Dixie in the Same category as Bandanna Dee. A character that has a high chance of joining at some point but at this point in time with how the DLC characters are structured I'm not sure if this is where they will get to join
Dixie, Impa, and BWD are pretty much all in the same category of being the obvious next picks for their franchises that would make perfect sense in the base game but unfortunately are at the mercy of DLC which doesn't help their odds. Its probably not a coincidence that two of the IP's haven't gotten any new fighters since Brawl and one needed a Smash Ballot just to get its main villain in circa Ultimate.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I do think the main thing that makes Dixie stand out from the likes of Bandana Dee or Impa is the fact that she was actually a main protagonist in two different games: DKC3 and DKL3.

Honestly, I think there's one way you could squeeze Dixie in as a DLC fighter: have her fighter pass be themed entirely around DKC3, the one console DKC she headlined. DKC3 doesn't have too much representation in the base game outside of three spirits and K. Rool's up B, so it'd feel like it'd be adding something to Ultimate, I feel (whereas Bandana Dee would probably just be a generic Kirby pack).

I envison her challenger pack being something like this:

Maybe you could tie it in to DKC3's eventual release on NSO, lol

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Dixie, Impa, and BWD are pretty much all in the same category of being the obvious next picks for their franchises that would make perfect sense in the base game but unfortunately are at the mercy of DLC which doesn't help their odds. Its probably not a coincidence that two of the IP's haven't gotten any new fighters since Brawl and one needed a Smash Ballot just to get its main villain in circa Ultimate.
yeah, DLC is... a fickle beast to say the least. i imagine it's also why K. Rool wasn't playable DLC in 4. excluding the veterans, here's the pattern i've noted with every DLC first party:
Corrin - tied to their own game, Fire Emblem Fates and only came with Fates content (no stage, but music)
Byleth - came with Three Houses content, and 3H ONLY
Min Min - while ARMS is technically a new series, it only has one game, so that was pretty straightforward.

nevertheless, the whole "Super Smash Bros Ultimate x (game)" thing for DLC seems to place emphasis on a specific entry if it's first party DLC. like if we got Elma, it would be "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Xenoblade Chronicles X" and bundled with her would be X content only; no content from 2, DE, Future Connected or Torna.

tl;dr - base game for characters that aren't tied to a specific game (new series are somewhat an exception), DLC limited to those tied to a specific game. unless you're a third party of course

Calamitas

Smash Champion
yeah, DLC is... a fickle beast to say the least. i imagine it's also why K. Rool wasn't playable DLC in 4. excluding the veterans, here's the pattern i've noted with every DLC first party:
Corrin - tied to their own game, Fire Emblem Fates and only came with Fates content (no stage, but music)
Byleth - came with Three Houses content, and 3H ONLY
Min Min - while ARMS is technically a new series, it only has one game, so that was pretty straightforward.

nevertheless, the whole "Super Smash Bros Ultimate x (game)" thing for DLC seems to place emphasis on a specific entry if it's first party DLC. like if we got Elma, it would be "Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Xenoblade Chronicles X" and bundled with her would be X content only; no content from 2, DE, Future Connected or Torna.

tl;dr - base game for characters that aren't tied to a specific game (new series are somewhat an exception), DLC limited to those tied to a specific game. unless you're a third party of course
I really don't think that two Fire Emblem characters and one character from a different series are enough to really draw meaningful conclusions for how they go about first-party DLC.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Kirby has a very similar issue with Zelda where a lot of it's most enticing characters are one-offs and thus probably won't be as prioritized when it comes to Smash

Bandana Dee is essentially the Impa of his series, for better or for worse. The consistent fourth-wheel. Whether or not that'd be something in his favor is up to you.
It's what makes them candidates in the first place. I'd be willing to bet that Bandana Waddle Dee simply just gets out prioritized. Impa on the other hand, also has the issue of constantly being aggressively unimportant, and/or too old to do anything even remotely athletic.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
yeah, DLC is... a fickle beast to say the least. i imagine it's also why K. Rool wasn't playable DLC in 4.
I think the real answer to that is that they knew they were going to be making Ultimate when making Smash 4's DLC and thus wanted to save K. Rool and other ballot winners for it to have headliners for the next game.

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman
I think the most "deserving" or "obvious" character that hasn't become playable yet is Toad. He's such an iconic character that it baffles me he hasn't made the jump to playable character yet.

Back in the day, before Melee's release, Sakurai asked fans which character they wanted to see in a potential Smash 2. The top 10 most voted were:

1. Bowser
  2. Peach
  3. Wario
  4. King Dedede
  5. Ganondorf
  6. James Bond
  7. Mewtwo
  8. Banjo-Kazooie
  9. Toad
  10. Mew
James Bond obviously isn't happening and Mew isn't as popular nowadays, but Toad still has lots of support to this day. I don't get why he hasn't happened yet.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I honestly think Dixie Kong's importance is a bit overstated. She has a game where she's the protagonist, and a game where she's a major support character. After her first two games, she falls off the face of the Earth until Nintendo wants more Donkey Kong characters for their baseball game and remember she exists, at which point she's allowed to exist in spin-off titles that nobody really cared about with wildly varying levels of importance, before she's brought back for nostalgia as a minor support character.

Don't get me wrong, she's cool and all, and I do see her appeal, but that's not exactly the rap sheet I'd attach the "Nintendo All Star" label to.

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I honestly think Dixie Kong's importance is a bit overstated. She has a game where she's the protagonist, and a game where she's a major support character. After her first two games, she falls off the face of the Earth until Nintendo wants more Donkey Kong characters for their baseball game and remember she exists, at which point she's allowed to exist in spin-off titles that nobody really cared about with varying levels of importance, before she's brought back for nostalgia as a minor support character.

Don't get me wrong, she's cool and all, and I do see her appeal, but that's not exactly the rap sheet I'd attach the "Nintendo All Star" label to.
To be fair I would say Dixie has two games where she's a co-main character in DKC 2 and the bigger main character in DKC3. She fell prey to Nintendo of Japan having no idea what to do with Donkey Kong after Rare was bought by Microsoft and not having much place in an era of Bongo peripherals and pegboard spin-offs. Smash in general got big at the same time DK as a franchise was in a less impressive period overall. Heck even Diddy only escaped potential obscurity because the Mario spin-offs needed a Luigi to DK's Mario. Honestly if she had come back in Returns and not Tropical Freeze, I'm betting she would have been in Smash 4.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I think the most "deserving" or "obvious" character that hasn't become playable yet is Toad. He's such an iconic character that it baffles me he hasn't made the jump to playable character yet.

Back in the day, before Melee's release, Sakurai asked fans which character they wanted to see in a potential Smash 2. The top 10 most voted were:

1. Bowser
  2. Peach
  3. Wario
  4. King Dedede
  5. Ganondorf
  6. James Bond
  7. Mewtwo
  8. Banjo-Kazooie
  9. Toad
  10. Mew
James Bond obviously isn't happening and Mew isn't as popular nowadays, but Toad still has lots of support to this day. I don't get why he hasn't happened yet.
I'd imagine it's because he just didn't have the same amount of support as Ultimate's newcomers. It should also be noted that half the base game's original newcomers has recency, while the other two were either a huge request or a big third-party. Even other popular characters like Isaac and Geno got passed over, so it seems that the bar of entry was pretty high back then.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
If you want to be really technical, Dixie was the main protag in two games: Donkey Kong Country 3 and Donkey Kong Land 3, both of which are entirely different games from each other despite sharing the same plot/settings.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
no. he’s a goomba with a hat

save spots for flagship characters of unrepresented franchises that have mainstream popularity
Like I barely care for Kirby but Kirby as a series definitely has mainstream popularity.

And while I wouldn't be upset if the franchise doesn't get another rep, it definitely could use another character with how popular and consistent in releases the series has been.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
no. he’s a goomba with a hat

save spots for flagship characters of unrepresented franchises that have mainstream popularity
hat goomba arguments nonwithstanding, i don't agree at all with the notion that a character is automatically bad because they're from an already-represented franchise

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Honestly if she had come back in Returns and not Tropical Freeze, I'm betting she would have been in Smash 4.
That's probably a fair assessment, especially considering that Donkey Kong Country Returns got a stage, and Dixie Kong would be a pretty easy semi-clone, or at the very least, a costume turned fighter. She may not be more important than King K. Rool (who stayed in throughout the wonkyness of the series because he was the big bad at the time), but I would say she's close, and the extra relevancy would have helped her out a ton.

If you want to be really technical, Dixie was the main protag in two games: Donkey Kong Country 3 and Donkey Kong Land 3, both of which are entirely different games from each other despite sharing the same plot/settings.
But Donkey Kong Land 3 is in essence, a remake of Donkey Kong Country 3 for the Game Boy because the original game was too big to just port over right? In which case, I would say they don't really count as separate games.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Even if BWD unfortunately has one of the least creative and most generic sounding names imaginable, it's pretty clear that the developers for modern Kirby really like him. They've given him a fairly notable role in just about every Kirby game after RtDL.

I still say he's probably the best choice for a fourth Kirby rep. He's clearly the most important character after the three already in Smash. His potential moveset has already been mapped out in multiple games, so "What could he do?!" isn't an argument; it literally all boils down to his appearance and name. It's sad, but that's the struggle he'll have to overcome. Don't know how long it'll take, but if Ridley can beat "Too big," then I'm sure Bandana Dee can beat, "Goomba with hat".

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman
I'd imagine it's because he just didn't have the same amount of support as Ultimate's newcomers. It should also be noted that half the base game's original newcomers has recency, while the other two were either a huge request or a big third-party. Even other popular characters like Isaac and Geno got passed over, so it seems that the bar of entry was pretty high back then.
Yeah I guess that's the reason. The interesting thing is Toad back in the day was more popular than basically all of Ultimate's old-school newcomers. The only one that placed higher than Toad was Banjo-Kazooie. But for some reason the support for characters like K. Rool and Ridley grew much bigger and Toad's didn't.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Bandana Waddle Dee is a really boring character to me. He’s adorable but I don’t have any desire to play as him in Smash. But he’d make a lot of other people happy, so I wouldn’t be mad if he was chosen.

If it was up to me the next Kirby character would be Magolor, he’s cool.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
But Donkey Kong Land 3 is in essence, a remake of Donkey Kong Country 3 for the Game Boy because the original game was too big to just port over right? In which case, I would say they don't really count as separate games.
The actual levels are entirely different from DKC3. That basically makes it its own seperate game in my eyes.

It's like how Star Fox SNES, Star Fox 64 and Star Fox Zero all retell the same story, but the actual mechanics/level designs are entirely different from each other, making them all different games from each other.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master

1. Bowser
  2. Peach
  3. Wario
  4. King Dedede
  5. Ganondorf
  6. James Bond
  7. Mewtwo
  8. Banjo-Kazooie
  9. Toad
  10. Mew
I'll answer this in the context of Melee:

The main problem with Melee was the "WegottagetthisgameoutfortheGCN'slaunchHURRY!", aka. severe time constraints. Bowser and Peach were the obvious two included (they were shown in E3 2001's presentation), and Mewtwo also got in partly because of that and partly because of the first movie (he was teased in the presentation because the presentation had the already-finished intro movie). The roster for Melee minus the clones was 19 characters (20 if one counts Sheik).

Sakurai directly stated on the Melee website that Ganondorf was not initially planned, but his popularity + his model being the same as Falcon made it possible to clone him. From that it could be argued that the 6 clones ('Dorf, Falco, Y. Link, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy) were likely decided late in development. Much later than would be permissable now.

So that's... 4 out of those 10 that made it into Melee. And one of them barely.

We also know from the Melee website's Q&A section that Wario was next-in-line. Quoting Source Gaming:

Wario: “If I had time to add one more character, Wario would have made it in…”

Reader Responses Page 12, News Flash! Smash Bros. Dojo!!

“If we could have added one or two more characters, then maybe he would have made it. He was certainly high up on the list of characters we considered but ultimately he didn’t make it.”

Reader Responses Page 76, News Flash! Smash Bros. Dojo!!
From these statements, it seems more likely that he was seriously considered, but in the end dismissed. Sakurai has also mentioned that he didn’t want to add too many Mario characters. It’s unclear whether Wario was actually worked on at all, so he could possibly have been cut during development, but given how compressed Melee’s development cycle was, it seems unlikely that development time would have been allotted to a character, only to have that character cut. But it is possible.
That (excessive number of Mario characters at the time) was also a major roadblock for Toad. And he, alongside Mew, had the problem of more popular characters ahead of them. Sakurai and HAL's intent might've been to include Toad as an NPC and as Peach's counter as a way to still include him in some form or fashion.

And since then, well, Toad's stayed that way. The change to Peach's / Daisy's grab arguably hurts him since - to be blunt - he's reinforced as part of Peach's moveset instead. Time constraints again, perhaps, but still.

He could certainly be a candidate for Smash 6, though. Especially since Toad's a well-known long runner. It's not like Sakurai sees consistency as holy (See Chrom and Robin's Final Smash).

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman
I'll answer this in the context of Melee:

The main problem with Melee was the "WegottagetthisgameoutfortheGCN'slaunchHURRY!", aka. severe time constraints. Bowser and Peach were the obvious two included (they were shown in E3 2001's presentation), and Mewtwo also got in partly because of that and partly because of the first movie (he was teased in the presentation because the presentation had the already-finished intro movie). The roster for Melee minus the clones was 19 characters (20 if one counts Sheik).

Sakurai directly stated on the Melee website that Ganondorf was not initially planned, but his popularity + his model being the same as Falcon made it possible to clone him. From that it could be argued that the 6 clones ('Dorf, Falco, Y. Link, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy) were likely decided late in development. Much later than would be permissable now.

So that's... 4 out of those 10 that made it into Melee. And one of them barely.

We also know from the Melee website's Q&A section that Wario was next-in-line. Quoting Source Gaming:

That (excessive number of Mario characters at the time) was also a major roadblock for Toad. And he, alongside Mew, had the problem of more popular characters ahead of them. Sakurai and HAL's intent might've been to include Toad as an NPC and as Peach's counter as a way to still include him in some form or fashion.

And since then, well, Toad's stayed that way. The change to Peach's / Daisy's grab arguably hurts him since - to be blunt - he's reinforced as part of Peach's moveset instead. Time constraints again, perhaps, but still.

He could certainly be a candidate for Smash 6, though. Especially since Toad's a well-known long runner. It's not like Sakurai sees consistency as holy (See Chrom and Robin's Final Smash).
Yeah, there's no way Toad would have made it into Melee when Bowser and Peach were the obvious picks. And for Brawl Wario was next in line for the Mario series even though he's technically considered a WarioWare character. But by Smash 4 I don't see a reason to skip him.

JCKirbs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SuperMushroomU
So...

Likelihood aside. Do you feel Bandana Waddle Dee has earned his place in Smash Bros? As in, do you feel he deserves it?
I guess we can't really use the word "deserve" around these parts for particularly thoughtful reasons, but I do think that he should be next in line.

After all, there's a reason why he's among the most popular and recognizable 1st Party requests for Smash, (Not to mention that Nintendo literally called him "beloved" when talking about Kirby Fighters 2 today).

It's clear that HAL still thinks of him as someone who is climbing his way towards the amount of prominence which characters like King Dedede and Meta Knight currently have, while also promoting him in his own special light. He was even originally supposed to have his own personal mode in Star Allies, akin to King Dedede and Meta Knight, but it was presumably and understandably modified so every playable character in that game could join in. He already mastered the abilities of different weapons and moves though, and he was chosen to represent the Waddle Dee species which has been with the Kirby franchise since the very beginning.

That's sort of why I feel frustrated when people keep bringing up other Kirby characters who are "better than Bandana Dee", because it's almost like they haven't stopped to realize why Bandana Dee is such a popular choice in the first place.
Of course, it's completely okay to want any Kirby character in Smash but it always seems like other Kirby characters are usually brought up in order to tear Bandana Dee down. They never seem to be requested in their own right, which is why I never see them being brought up for discussion on their own (obviously with some exceptions here and there).

I definitely appreciate the people who may want other characters, but still respect Bandana Dee and his fans.
(After all, even as a top Bandana Dee fan, seeing characters like Magolor and Dark Matter in Smash would still be cool).

Maybe the discourse comes from how most people are too busy talking about Bandana Dee though, but that brings me back to how there is genuinely is a reason for that.
Bandana Dee has the ability to encompass the Modern Era of Kirby, because he isn't simply a one-and-done character and he was thoroughly developed during that Era as one of Kirby's top friends/allies who always helped on his adventures in any way that he could. Because his roles deal specifically with helping Kirby on his adventures, people simply view him as a lesser character (at least to Meta Knight and Dedede) which I disagree with. I'd just consider him to be a core protagonist, rather than a semi-rival to Kirby. Because of these helpful roles, he was chosen to appear in just about every Modern Kirby game ever since 2011.

So, while no character actually "deserves" to get in Smash I still think that characters like Bandana Dee shouldn't be dismissed for much longer.

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
The trouble with importance in context of character appearances and roles is that it's so subjective to what is and isn't such on an individual level.

For example (and I know I'll get opposition for this) I somewhat believe Bandana Dee only was important in two games on arguably sketchy bases. While Return to Dreamland and Star Allies have somewhat questionable logic to needing Bandana Dee in some ways, they still used him decently and therefore his presences were valid. The rest of his appearances either don't live up to what they should be or seem wholly unnecessary. Keep in mind I still have some nostalgia for him, but I don't think his presence has aged all that well. But again, that's subjective. I can totally see the logic behind the deserving nature of Dee's potential inclusion, and perhaps in terms of recognition, I may even admit he's the closest right now to at least making sense for a spot in Smash. But this mentality may not be the one used by the Smash developers, and probably isn't just due to how they usually handle Kirby.

I know it appears I'm getting ahead of myself, but I feel a lot of people don't recognize subjectivity and take everything at the most commonly placed value. Apparently that's supposed to be the best way to speculate, but it seems so restricting.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Throughout the years I've come to the conclusion that Bandana Dee isn't the most exciting Kirby character that can be added as spear fighter is less bat**** insane compared to what a bunch of other characters are capable of. However, Bandana Dee clearly managed to secure himself a spot as a member of the main team so he'd feel missing before adding any other Kirby character. It also helps that unlike Toad, Bandana Dee's clearly a unique individual instead of an identical copy in looks and personality to literally every other Toad. Also he's cute and Spearcopter go nyooooooooom

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I do think people are playing up the necessity of some sort of promotional angle for first parties a little too much. Yes, all three first party DLC characters were modern characters that came from a game that released on the same system as their Smash debut, but the devil is in the details. We're working with a sample size of three. I can understand (and fully support) the notion of looking to what has happened in the past to theory-craft, but making sweeping generalizations when we're working with such little precedent seems to be extreme.

Saying we're only getting blatantly promotional first parties because :4corrin: , :ultbyleth: , and :ultminmin is like saying that a coin can only land with its head facing up because I flipped a coin three times and all three times it landed on heads. Obviously, Smash character selection is a little more complex than a situation where there's only two equally possible outcomes, but the general principle stands: we don't have enough data to make that definitive of a conclusion.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Yeah, there's no way Toad would have made it into Melee when Bowser and Peach were the obvious picks. And for Brawl Wario was next in line for the Mario series even though he's technically considered a WarioWare character. But by Smash 4 I don't see a reason to skip him.
To be perfectly honest, the fact that Rosalina got in 4 and not Toad is a big testament on how that game laser-focused on Wii and 3DS games for first party newcomers.

And this is coming from someone who likes Rosalina and had Galaxy as his favorite game for a good few years.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I know some arguments in BWD's favor may not be the strongest, but I just think he'd be a lot of fun to play as, and I think in modern times, he has earned his place as apart of the main Kirby cast. That's not something that can be said about Marx, Magalor, or Dark Matter because their appearances are more scattered and not usually in a leading role.

But if I'm looking at DLC as realistically as possible, I just can't see him having a huge chance for FP2. I'd give him a 25% chance, but that's not worth much because I find percentages to be arbitrary. It seems DLC is more prioritized on getting big names out there, or repping new franchises, or promoting games. BWD, to me, is the perfect base roster choice and it's a shame he didn't make it this time around for that.

I feel the same way about Dixie Kong. I'd love to see her make it into Smash, but at the same time, she feels like a better choice suited for the base roster. I'd say Kirby and DK are pretty well off with their respective trios of characters, but I certainly would not be against either of them getting in. BWD and Dixie would just be more or less extras, putting sprinkles and strawberries on top of an already perfect cake.

I also hope nobody reads into this post too much as some sort of attack against their characters because that is not my intention! I'm looking at this situation objectively, emotions aside, and that's just where my thoughts are at right now. Let's hope I'm dead wrong, I'd love to see one of these two on FP2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom