• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
People discussing FE roster reworks and here I am just thinking, "Am I the only one who plays all of them and don't want any of them removed because I actually enjoy using all of them?"
Yeah, I agree, me saying what thinning the roster would look like is hypothetical and far from realistic. Corrin could go away tho...

Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace
What if they scrapped the Fire Emblem franchise entirely in smash 6?
How would it change smash 6 DLC speculation if this happens?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
People discussing FE roster reworks and here I am just thinking, "Am I the only one who plays all of them and don't want any of them removed because I actually enjoy using all of them?"
honestly i have a bit of cognitive dissonance between the speculative side of smash and the actual gameplay side. I really like playing as Rosalina and Plant, but they really aren't high on the "keep" list.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I do feel like this thread can be a little oversensitive to FE criticism sometimes.

Like, I don't disagree with some of the points people bring up about characters and clones and whatnot, but there's almost always someone who responds to those posts with something along the lines of, "Oh, here we go again. MORE FE hate."

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I do feel like this thread can be a little oversensitive to FE criticism sometimes.

Like, I don't disagree with some of the points people bring up about characters and clones and whatnot, but there's almost always someone who responds to those posts with something along the lines of, "Oh, here we go again. MORE FE hate."
That's kind of the way of things. A topic gets too heated for too long and even talking about it, perceptions get skewed towards the negative.

Same would happen if we started talking about Geno or his thread.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Ken is pretty much an echo fighter in name only. He's an weird exception and I don't expect them to go that far with others. Because they don't.
They don't because Ken was the last Echo revealed. Echoes became more unique as they went. With Ken being the most.

I wouldn't be surprised if future Echoes were as or more unique than Ken.

The ideal Fire Emblem roster imo when it comes to highlighting the series at its best is four characters:

Marth - Original boi, poster boi, nuff said

Hector Lyn - FE7 was the landmark of Fire Emblem releasing internationally

Robin - FE13 revived the ****ing series

Byleth - The new kid in town
By the time you get to the next Smash, Byleth won't be the new kid. It'll be the NEXT FE protag.

I just want Lucina but unique instead of a clone.
I want Chrom to be unique, Lucina to be his Echo(his kid, same sword)

And then Roy becomes Marth's Ken-style Echo.

Sales are merely one indicator of popularity.
Yes, but it's the only one that can be reliably measured.

I think next four DLC in FP2 are: Geno, Crash, Hayabusa, Lloyd.
I can live with that.

Since we're still talking about Fire Emblem please play the best FE game to exist on this planet Earth.
1604726983331.png

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Yeah I agree, while there has been some pure unfettered hate in the past it doesn't happen that often. this thread could stand to lighten up on a few topics.

(Lighten up as in not immediately shoot down a topic once it's brought up)

But as others have said hearing negativity over and over again is just not even resembling fun

Last edited:

Strife

Banned via Warnings
\

-Dance dance revolution and Just dance... I mean it could work if Sakurai really wanted to but like... yeah I just don't see it. Guitar hero have the same problem where I just have a hard time seeing it. At the very least Guitar hero have some weird powers in Warriors of rock so they could work with that I guess, but it would be weird to focus on that one game when Live reboot the franchise to something more "realist". Also Just dance and Guitar hero would be licensing nightmare for the team (but imagine the hype of playing through the fire and flames in Final destination/Battlefield).
You "not seeing it" isn't a good expression of why these characters are unlikely to be in the game

osby

Smash Obsessed

I think it has more to do with this thread topic not being "FE Cuts Discussion General".

I get going off-topic once in a while but having to put up with five pages of cut talk every other day over Fire Emblem is seriously exhausting and nobody has to pretend being OK with it.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
At this point, I wish the Pokken team would make, like, a Fire Emblem Soulcalibur-clone, so that FE fighting game people could just...focus someplace else.

Edit: Lol, I said Teppen instead of Pokken.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Yeah but an actual FE fighter would be pretty dope since it'll have characters that couldn't be in Smash.

First for Leif mains. :4pacman: Boutta SMITE anyone in sight with the Lightbrand.
If we have a Soulcalibur FE edition, I want the obligatory guest character to be Dante from the Devil May Cry series just to have the irony from Byleth's reveal.

Or, talking seriously, we could have an Advance Wars rep, so FE's Luigi can have their year.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Yes, but it's the only one that can be reliably measured.
Sales don't translate directly to character popularity. For example, it would be absurd to infer from the high sales of Three Houses that each character in it is more popular than Ike.

The Choose Your Legends contest (at least the first one, before voters learned what the prize was) is an alternative measure of popularity.

There are other ways of finding out fan favorites as well, even if they are more difficult.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I feel like I've been gone for like a week and a half, only to randomly see what's going on for it to evidently be another Fire Emblem thing.

Audible sigh.

I'll see myself out.
If it helps I did an extra large Adol post a while back, plus a 16-song playlist.

Actually, since I just beat the true final boss, I can stop abstaining from the true final boss theme. Make that 17 songs now.

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Playability in another fighting game is a factor in my character selections for ideal rosters. However, it isn't a disqualifying factor.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Playability in another fighting game is a factor in my character selections for ideal rosters. However, it isn't a disqualifying factor.
Yeah, um question. Is Mortal Kombat viable despite many people object that series just because "oooo, Mortal Kombat is brutal, Smash is for kids because it wouldn't stay true to the source cause there's no blood, oh! Don't mention his appearance in Injustice that's just a small rubble in the road and worst depiction of him cause.. standard."

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Really baffles me that the Smash community as a whole just decided that the worst designed female FE MC I've ever seen should be the one that Byleth is known by.
View attachment 291342
On the plus side, at least I'm not alone in thinking "Oh thank God they chose the male one for the amiibo."
I'm getting flashbacks of the pony jar...
(Same thing with the Isabelle Amiibo I saw on a Reddit post.)

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah, um question. Is Mortal Kombat viable despite many people object that series just because "oooo, Mortal Kombat is brutal, Smash is for kids because it wouldn't stay true to the source cause there's no blood, oh! Don't mention his appearance in Injustice that's just a small rubble in the road and worst depiction of him cause.. standard."

I'm currently working on an essay that shows that Scorpion does have a chance and was marketed well on the Switch. He does have a fair shot, it's just up to if Nintendo wants to market him into Smash Bros. I don't find it realistic he'll get in this Smash Pass, but I think people undersell him way too hard considering many arguments used against him are misunderstood or simply not true.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Said it once, I'll say it again: MK's issue isn't really just the violence or whatever, it's just the fact that the series is, and has always been, a complete and total non-factor in Japan, with both the original games being unpopular and the newer games not even being properly localized. And in a series like Smash that's always been very Japan centric (considering that, you know, it's made in Japan by Japanese developers), that's pretty much a big death sentence.

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
I don't think the violence itself would be the thing keeping MK out of Smash. It's more that the games aren't localized in Japan so it seem extremely unlikely that it would be added for that reason. We know that in the past localization was a sticking point for Sakurai. And not being localized in Japan is likely a much larger deal than not being localized in the West, given that you know, Smash is a Japanese game.

I.D.

Smash Lord

Forget about oversensitivity, this thread just had several pages of uninterrupted FE discussion, and the only people who derailed the conversation were FE fans themselves lmao. Like, nobody was criticizing, nobody was interrupting them, nothing, but somehow we've already arrived at the "RENT FREE" stage of the conversation.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I play almost all. Don't play Marth or Robin who, funnily enough, are probably the two most likely to stay should cuts to the FE cast happen. So for the next Smash, I would like to see:
:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultbyleth:
LynIcon.png
(And yes, that is a fanmade Lyn icon)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
"People seem to cry foul about this topic a bit too quickly"
"UUUUUUUGH! Are we talking about this again?!?"
"I wish Fire Emblem would get its own game so we never speak of it again."
"I wIsh FIrE EmBleM wOUld Get ItS oWn GaMe So wE NEveR sPEaK oF It aGaiN."
"We weren't talking about Mortal Kombat, but I'm making a sarcastic post about its gatekeeping anyway."
"Y'all have a martyr complex."

I'm to tired for this. Good night everybody.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Fire Emblem is a great series even though I don't play it, but I know why Smash fans hate it is due to the favouritism and swords.
(For example, getting new reps in every game. Mario and Pokemon do the same thing.)
-Mario and Luigi (Mario gets 2 reps)
-Pikachu and Jigglypuff (Pokemon gets 2 reps)
-Fire Emblem wasn't in Smash yet.

Melee
-Peach, Bowser and Dr. Mario (Mario has 5 reps)
-Pichu and Mewtwo (Pokemon has 4 reps)

-Marth and Roy are introduced (Fire Emblem has 2 reps)

Brawl
-Mario doesn't get newcomers.
-Lucario and Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard (Pokemon has 8 reps)
-Ike (Fire Emblem has 3 reps)

Wii U/3DS
-Bowser Jr and Rosalina (Mario has now 7 reps)
-Greninja (Pokemon gains 6 reps)
-Lucina, Robin and Corrin (Fire Emblem got 6 reps)

Ultimate
-Daisy and Piranha Plant (Final number is 9 reps)
-Incineroar (Final number is 10 reps)
-Chrom and Byleth (Final number is 8 reps)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom