• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I stole this prompt from Twitter

What pose might your most wanted be in and where might they be? on the smash banner

Estelle: She might be standing by Chrom and Robin with her staff and holding out a peace sign maybe there might be a shining pom next to her
Saber: Standing By Marth and Roy holding Excalibur
Sakura: She might be behind Terry getting out of her Koubu

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

What pose might your most wanted be in and where might they be?

Estelle: She might be standing by Chrom and Robin with her staff and holding out a peace sign maybe there might be a shining pom next to her
Brian: Right next to Robin, holding his staff up high.
Shadow: Above Young Link, getting ready for Chaos Control and glowing in his heroic blue energy.
Max(Shining Force): On the left side of Sonic, holding the handle of his sword, ready to unsheath it.
Fulgore: Above King K. Rool, due to his own version of the Shoryuken, specifically using his left arm and somewhat mirroring Ken.

Can't think of any other good ones at the moment.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I do kind of wonder if Steve will cause the servers to crash.

He's a popular enough character that I could see it.

We haven't had one of those since Joker although I'm willing to bet circumstances are a little different there.
Trust me; you're talking about a character from the biggest video game EVER. I think server demand is inevitable.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

We haven't had one of those since Joker although I'm willing to bet circumstances are a little different there.
If the dude managed to supposedly take down a beast like Twitter, I wouldn't be too shocked if Nintendo's itty-bitty-in-comparison servers couldn't take him either lol.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
SHOW ME

SHOWMESHOWMESHOWMESHOWMESHOWME

Please.
Hol up what

you can’t just say this and not link it

what I’m saying is gib sauce nao
Literally the first I heard of it over in the Social thread:

Sooo....apparently Wal-Mart Canada accidentally leaked a new 2D Metroid game.

Like Nintendo, ma doods....can you like throw a dog a bone? Cuz that would be pretty neat if it's actually a thing, and if it's actually coming this year?

I need my metroid fix!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

There's where the rumor is from. Took a quick look at the Social to get the link~

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I’m still waiting for my star fox racing game
lol.

I wonder how many actually know on this forum that it was actually leakbait.

Too bad that Verge is now being cited as "leaking Minecraft" despite that actually being leakbait too. Instead of actually respecting his credibility for actual things he got right. XD

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Thank God I bought the Fighter's Pass. I won't need to go to the Eshop when Steve drops.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Layton would be talking to Byleth
Ammy would be looking up at duck hunt
Sora would be in that empty spot be Terry, Joker and Hero/would on the ground next to cloud
Yuri would be Listening to Robin with chrome
don chan would be in the air with Pacman
Phoenix would be getting booty bumbed by daisy

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The old Minecraft leak wasn’t leak bait. We’ve been over this.

It was a person who wasn’t credible.

Not every fake leak is leak bait. The only known example of leak bait is Star Fox Racing (apparently) as well as leak bait being used for Tekken.

Why is the term used so often?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Not every fake leak is leak bait. The only known example of leak bait is Star Fox Racing (apparently) as well as leak bait being sued for Tekken.

Nah, I just remembered it wrong.

My memory sucks, mang. Thanks for pointing out the correction.

SirBillyBob

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5257-9274-9505

Not every fake leak is leak bait. The only known example of leak bait is Star Fox Racing (apparently) as well as leak bait being sued for Tekken.

Cause my leaker is never wrong, they simply got bad info! And that must also mean that character isn't getting in and mine is! Take that! /s

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord

Geno: Next to Rosalina, in a defensive stance to protect her from Kirby's foot
Eggman: Next to Daisy, firing a weapon at Sonic (they'd have to move Mii Swordfighter)
Crash: Next to Mario, in a similar pose to show their rivalry

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504

Not every fake leak is leak bait. The only known example of leak bait is Star Fox Racing (apparently) as well as leak bait being used for Tekken.

There was the Seven Squares thing from last year too.

Five of them were bait, the other two were actually real.

latsmash

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5085-9089-2026
Each of my most wanteds would pair well with Ryu on the banner, too bad he's in such an awkward position.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

What pose might your most wanted be in and where might they be? on the smash banner

Sora: Next to Cloud, resting His Keyblade on his shoulder.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Wouldn't a GTA rep just be a generic avatar? I never played the games, but I don't think there is any main protagonist in it besides avatars.
Only GTA Online has a generic avatar due to, well, being an online multiplayer game with lots of customization.

Every single-player GTA protag has its own identity. After all, GTA V's big marketing point of having three of them (before the Online mode became the thing they heavily focused on) wouldn't make sense if none of them had a personality.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Wouldn't a GTA rep just be a generic avatar? I never played the games, but I don't think there is any main protagonist in it besides avatars.
Not sure if you wanted it explained in a bit more detail, but I can't help myself.

GTA has a rotating cast like Xenoblade and Zelda. Each game has its own story mode with characters, plots, and all that, but there is also online play where you can make your own avatar.

The most iconic game from the franchise is GTA San Andreas. That's why a lot of people point to CJ being a GTA rep if one were to get in, since he's the protagonist of that game. Otherwise, people typically point to the protagonists from the most recent entry, GTA 5, which has become one the most popular games in recent times. Unlike other GTA games, this one has three protagonists with relatively equal screentime: Franklin, Michael, and Trevor. These characters each have a unique special ability which alters the gameplay a bit.

You probably didn't care for a lengthy explanation like this, but yeah, I couldn't help myself.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Not sure if you wanted it explained in a bit more detail, but I can't help myself.

GTA has a rotating cast like Xenoblade and Zelda. Each game has its own story mode with characters, plots, and all that, but there is also online play where you can make your own avatar.

The most iconic game from the franchise is GTA San Andreas. That's why a lot of people point to CJ being a GTA rep if one were to get in, since he's the protagonist of that game. Otherwise, people typically point to the protagonists from the most recent entry, GTA 5, which has become one the most popular games in recent times. Unlike other GTA games, this one has three protagonists with relatively equal screentime: Franklin, Michael, and Trevor. These characters each have a unique special ability which alters the gameplay a bit.

You probably didn't care for a lengthy explanation like this, but yeah, I couldn't help myself.
It's fine, I like lengthy explanations for something I don't know about or ain't too aware of.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Dixie Kong: Next to Diddy Kong, flying with her hair.
Impa: Next to Sheik, doing a ninja pose. (AOC version)
Phoenix Wright: Next to Robin and Chrom, looking over his papers, with Maya next to him like Morgana and Slime.
Chun-Li: Next to Ryu, doing a thunder kick.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
While I have no connection to GTA, I'd be down for it just for the sheer hilarity of some mundane gangster duking it out with folks like Shulk, Bayonetta, Sonic, and Kirby. Seeing such realism in a goofy, cartoony environment would be hilariously jarring in the same way as Steve's overwhelming simplicity.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Here's the top 12 from that website someone posted a few days ago.
1602475700634.png

Heavy is leading, and not by a small margin. Between that and the "biggest Smash poll ever!!!1!" from awhile ago, I wonder if there's a silent massive TF2 for Smash fanbase. Or bots. that too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom