• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
while we're on the topic of whacky trophies, in 4, Warioware and Rhythm Heaven's held a fun distinction assuming they were 2d where if you rotated them, the art would change
View attachment 289018View attachment 289019
I always loved when they went the extra effort with trophies like with these and the aforementioned Kyle Hyde one
Ooh, I didn't know that! :o

Learn something new every day, lol.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Not replying to anyone in particular, just giving general thoughts. We could have the textbook definition of "closure" given to us by Sakurai himself during a presentation, and it still wouldn't get through to anyone that has closed off their views/mind on a specific thing happening in the specific way that they specifically imagined it at that specific time.

Whether you choose to prepare for the worst or ONLY set yourself up for what you personally consider the "acceptable outcome" means very little over the course of speculation for this series. There are countless anecdotal examples of why you should(n't) do this, why you never say never, and why just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it in.

It goes without saying that no vocal minority, no matter how loud they may be, speaks for everyone. Most, if not all the events that come to pass (that a large majority of fanbases take part in at least some small capacity, and either complain about or praise constantly lest they forget about after bringing it up the one time) are a result of cycles repeating themselves. We've gone through the hypothetical "oh they totally wouldn't do this" Versus "they absolutely can't forsake ____" each day for years.

So what's the point after so long?

Primarily, we have very little to do other than think of what-ifs, why-nots, etc. while we have basically no other control but to wait and see what ultimately ends up happening. If you care enough to be on a forum, social media, or some other form of "support" group for a thing that in the grand scheme seems highly inconsequential, well there you go. There's as much point to getting mad/laughing whether you/someone were right/wrong as there is in having read this post, the post above, or the post over there. Although that one post was pretty worth, imo.

As a little disclaimer/food for thought, I don't think any of the recent trends will mean anything once we get to the next milestone. I could easily see more assist trophy-costume transitions as well as I could see returning ones still be suspiciously missing until the very end for a largely negligible reason ("What does it mean? We dunno, we honestly didn't think that hard about it").

What is fun for me now is imagining what ****shows future speculation will be wondering how likely things like costumes mean for future "upgrades" (if assist trophies are even a thing past this game, and not replaced with some kind of incredibly convoluted gimmick that Sakurai's cyborg successor perfected in order to appease the 90/10 casual fan split that the "core" side swears doesn't exist) while also knowing I'll just be happy in a few days seeing Bomberman bonk Dracula on the head anyway.

7NATOR

Smash Master

For anybody interested, the first half of this video talks about Euden from Dragalia Lost in Smash.

Yes, this is another attempt to get people talking about the possibility. No, I don't plan on stopping anytime soon.
Like I said, I thought it was susipicous that a Spirit Event for Dragalia Lost hasn't come out yet, despite This week being the Perfect time since it was very Close to the Series 2nd Year anniversary.

I Predict we get either a Mii Costume or him as a Playable character, but I already know there's gonna be alot of hating on Euden if he's playable

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Ugh. One thing I hate about Smash Boards is when you start to write a reply for post and it saves what you wrote even though you decide not to post it. Then you reply to someone else and it have a peice of what you were going to write before. I bet people were confused by my last post here. Hahaha!

Anyway I wouldn't be surprised if a Dragalia Lost fighter was in the pass. In fact it's in my top 10 most likely fighters.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
On the topic of Mii Costumes, how about we talk about potential M rated Mii Costumes like Altair, Vault Boy and Travis Touchdown and what further ones you expect to see coming later.

My predictions:

• Conker from Conker's Bad Fur Day as a Deluxe Mii with Windy as additional music
  • CJ from GTA San Andreas
  • Raiden and/or Jetstream Sam from Metal Gear Rising
  • Doomguy from Doom

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
On the topic of Mii Costumes, how about we talk about potential M rated Mii Costumes like Altair, Vault Boy and Travis Touchdown and what further ones you expect to see coming later.

My predictions:

• Conker from Conker's Bad Fur Day
  • Doomguy from Doom
I want a Monokuma (Danganronpa) PreMiium with a Danganronpa Medley

7NATOR

Smash Master

My predictions:

• Conker from Conker's Bad Fur Day as a Deluxe Mii with Windy as additional music
  • Doomguy from Doom
I just realized, I don't think we a Mii Costume that wears a Tank Top/Wife Beater, So I actually think CJ would be unique in this regard.

Anyway, I Predict Dante if he's not Playable (which I'm kinda leaning on still a little, but He's Definitely Very Possible). even if he is Playable, I Predict Vergil

I want a Monokuma (Danganronpa) PreMiium with a Danganronpa Medley
I Believe Sakurai is a Fan of the Series right? I think if Danganronpa was on Switch, I would be more Inclined to think it's very likely a Mii Costume. Even then it can still be one, but I have my Reservations...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just realized, I don't think we a Mii Costume that wears a Tank Top/Wife Beater, So I actually think CJ would be unique in this regard.

Anyway, I Predict Dante if he's not Playable (which I'm kinda leaning on still a little, but He's Definitely Very Possible). even if he is Playable, I Predict Vergil

I Believe Sakurai is a Fan of the Series right? I think if Danganronpa was on Switch, I would be more Inclined to think it's very likely a Mii Costume. Even then it can still be one, but I have my Reservations...
are any assassin's creed games on switch? i wouldn't know if they are

all the more reason to hope for a DR Switch port nevertheless

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
On the topic of Mii Costumes, how about we talk about potential M rated Mii like Altair, Vault Boy and Travis Touchdown and what further ones you expect to see coming later.

My predictions:

• Doomguy from Doom
  • Master Chief from Halo(frankly no different from Doom Slayer/Doomguy)
  • Fulgore from Killer Instinct(maybe less so, due to an odd bodyshape? But he's pretty much the most likely Killer Instinct character at this time. Mascot and all)
That's all I can think of that are easy costumes. Ignoring returning ones, anyway.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
  • Master Chief from Halo(frankly no different from Doom Slayer/Doomguy)
  • Fulgore from Killer Instinct(maybe less so, due to an odd bodyshape? But he's pretty much the most likely Killer Instinct character at this time. Mascot and all)
That's all I can think of that are easy costumes. Ignoring returning ones, anyway.
isn't Killer Instinct (mostly) rated T?

Faso115

Smash Lord
I'm on the belief that franchises that run with pretty heavy themes are usually on the unlikely side to happen. There are outliers, Persona 5 for example, but there are notably exparse compared to say, RPGs or Platformers.

That's why i believe certain characters have more against them if they come from an M rated game, because Sakurai has notoriously stated the CERO is a pain in the buttocks to work with. (ex: Mai Shiranui)

That's why i believe GTA has a slim chance of happening. I have similar feeling with Mortal Kombat and Doom. Though the latter is doable, it's just that you just lose half the appeal of glorious ripped guts in smash unlike say, Doomslayer in MK.

Um....i have no closing statement.....gib bandicoot.

7NATOR

Smash Master
are any assassin's creed games on switch? i wouldn't know if they are

all the more reason to hope for a DR Switch port nevertheless
Actually I don't think they are.

And Actually, I don't know if Fallout is either.

I guess i could see it more. And if they aren't gonna add Freddy from FNAF, Then I guess Monokuma is the next best thing for a Killer Bear

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Actually I don't think they are.

And Actually, I don't know if Fallout is either.

I guess i could see it more. And if they aren't gonna add Freddy from FNAF, Then I guess Monokuma is the next best thing for a Killer Bear
i think the only Fallout "game" on switch is Fallout Shelter

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I'm on the belief that franchises that run with pretty heavy themes are usually on the unlikely side to happen. There are outliers, Persona 5 for example, but there are notably exparse compared to say, RPGs or Platformers.

That's why i believe certain characters have more against them if they come from an M rated game, because Sakurai has notoriously stated the CERO is a pain in the buttocks to work with. (ex: Mai Shiranui)

That's why i believe GTA has a slim chance of happening. I have similar feeling with Mortal Kombat and Doom. Though the latter is doable, it's just that you just lose half the appeal of glorious ripped guts in smash unlike say, Doomslayer in MK.

Um....i have no closing statement.....gib bandicoot.
I really feel like violence won't ever be an issue. That can easily be censored. Mortal Kombat and Doom's real issue is that they are pretty much nothing in Japan.

Faso115

Smash Lord
I really feel like violence won't ever be an issue. That can easily be censored. Mortal Kombat and Doom's real issue is that they are pretty much nothing in Japan.
It's less violence and more like the appeal of the character is lost thanks to the rating. It's doable but i guess it's a matter of opinion, people would be real happy if doomslayer is just some gun zoner isntead of a relentless demon gibber.

Oh yes, Japan. That's also a problem.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It's less violence and more like the appeal of the character is lost thanks to the rating. It's doable but i guess it's a matter of opinion, people would be real happy if doomslayer is just some gun zoner isntead of a relentless demon gibber.

Oh yes, Japan. That's also a problem.
I think people will be happy no matter what. This is like when they said people will be unhappy if Ridley was small. No. Ridley fans were happy with a smaller Ridley just like Slayer fans will be happy with a no-gore Slayer.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Actually On Mii Costumes, I had kind of a Dumb Theory, but I did want to share it

It's Called the Project X Zone Theory. It's a Theory That states that we are gonna get a Characer that was in Project X Zone, and that so One of the Mii Costume Waves will be a Combination of Capcom, Namco, and Maybe Sega Costumes (I say Maybe because I'm not sure if Kazuma Kiryu will make apperance at all,). This Involves Dante, Phoenix, and Lloyd Kinda (even if Yuri was in it). I don't know if Monster Hunter was present at all, or at least a Monster like Ratholos was

I say this because Dante and Phoenix are mysteriously absent. We not gonna get both, so if we do get a Capcom Character, that one of them will Proably be Mii, but if we don't get Capcom, I still think they will be Miis, but they have to sow up somewhere yes.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
still want a PXZ3 one day... :c

I'd probably add a few more Nintendo characters, several of which are also in Smash; Bayonetta, Joker, Arle, and several others...

and bruh im just so proud of my Pearl & Marina moveset idea that i kinda lowkey DESPERATELY WANT IT TO HAPPEN. I NEED TO BOOOYAAAAAHHHH MY ENEMIES.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
isn't Killer Instinct (mostly) rated T?
Yes. Though the latest one is M for Mature, being the Xbox One one. Probably cause the previous games had a lot more "weak" graphics for fatalities. They didn't have great details.

However, seeing as how the franchise is now M for Mature via the latest game, I'm guessing that would be the one used. Could go either way, especially which Fulgore model. Either classic or Xbox One.

Oh, to clarify, these are the ratings in the US;

Killer Instinct(Gameboy: K-A
Killer Instinct(SNES): T
Killer Instinct Gold(N64) T
Killer Instinct(Xbox One) M

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
still want a PXZ3 one day... :c

I'd probably add a few more Nintendo characters, several of which are also in Smash; Bayonetta, Joker, Arle, and several others...

and bruh im just so proud of my Pearl & Marina moveset idea that i kinda lowkey DESPERATELY WANT IT TO HAPPEN. I NEED TO BOOOYAAAAAHHHH MY ENEMIES.
They definitely will Put Joker in PXZ3 if they make another one, Atlus has been Shoving Joker in Everything it Seems like. Also Bayo will definitly show up since Kamiya finally is willing to let someone else do the Dante X Bayo Crossover before he does

also Might i Ask, how come Mario, Sonic, and Pac-Man are not allowed in the games. are they too serious that they would Conflict with the story or Something?

Also, Pearl and Marina are From Splatoon right? What Special abilities do they have that Inkling and Octoling don't have, I'm not familiar with the Series?

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Something that was noted a while back is that apparently, none of the playable M-rated series so far have been rated Z by CERO. Obviously, three characters isn't much to go off of, but perhaps we could use it as an indicator of sorts?
That just means the likely M rated franchises would be a Dark Souls rep (Chosen Undead or Soltaire), Dante, Kiryu, Monokuma and 2B.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
They definitely will Put Joker in PXZ3 if they make another one, Atlus has been Shoving Joker in Everything it Seems like. Also Bayo will definitly show up since Kamiya finally is willing to let someone else do the Dante X Bayo Crossover before he does

also Might i Ask, how come Mario, Sonic, and Pac-Man are not allowed in the games. are they too serious that they would Conflict with the story or Something?

Also, Pearl and Marina are From Splatoon right? What Special abilities do they have that Inkling and Octoling don't have, I'm not familiar with the Series?
I think they don't like furries or excessively cartoony characters. Any humanoids have to have somewhat anime-ish proportions I guess, I do know Namco X Capcom (PXZ's predecessor) used Klonoa who is a furry. I think Inklings & Octolings may be exempt.

Pearl & Marina could use some of Splatoon's different weapons, like the Dualies (Pearl) and Brella (Marina); Pearl using Marie's Charger and Marina using Callie's Roller; and various specials

and their special attack (I forget what PXZ calls them) references Octo Expansion
How do Series get Rated Z?
For Japan, it’s often extreme graphic violence with like entrails and ****. Also, gambling... I think. Danganronpa gets by with CERO D cause they make the blood pink
Wait, wasn't DMC Z-rated? I'll have to double-check.
I think it’s CERO D. DmC (2013) might be CERO Z but that doesn’t count

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

Director didnt want anything too cartoony in comparison

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
so I guess no Mario or Luigi as they’re too cartoony

hope Splatoon doesn’t qualify as too cartoony 🥺

esp given what goes on in Octo Expansion and I don’t just mean C. Q. “Test Failed” Cumber

7NATOR

Smash Master
Well I hope they Change their Mind if they make a 3rd Game, Because I think having Mario characters, Sonic Characters would be Cool. Even if they don't want to use Sonic or Mario or something like that, at least where Sonic is Concerned, they could use Shadow and/or Silver. they are more Serious Characters anyway and stuff

Also was Monster Hunter Present at all in Project X Zone 1 or 2?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Well I hope they Change their Mind if they make a 3rd Game, Because I think having Mario characters, Sonic Characters would be Cool. Even if they don't want to use Sonic or Mario or something like that, at least where Sonic is Concerned, they could use Shadow and/or Silver. they are more Serious Characters anyway and stuff

There is no Monster Hunter content in either game

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

No Soul Calibur content either, and I can name a bunch of Sega franchises that deserve to be in too

7NATOR

Smash Master
No Soul Calibur content either, and I can name a bunch of Sega franchises that deserve to be in too
Weird there's no Soul Calibur, I thought it would be a good fit, especially since Tekken is in Project X Zone too. They Should add Nightmare or something next game

IIRC there is no Monster Hunter content in either game
Well there goes that part of the Project X Zone theory. it's whatever though, It is a Kind of non-Serious theory anyway

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I do kind of wonder if Steve will cause the servers to crash.

He's a popular enough character that I could see it.

We haven't had one of those since Joker although I'm willing to bet circumstances are a little different there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom