• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
D

Deleted member

I would rather eat pineapple on a pizza than eat a hot dog and drink soda.

I'm not kidding. I hate hot dogs and soda.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It's crazy to think how inactive this thread was in the early days

Page 1 - March 9 2018
Page 100 - November 20 2018

Page 3900 - September 21 2020
Page 4000 - September 27 2020
I think that's mostly to do with the Ultimate General Discussion Thread taking up most of attention while it was open.

At least I feel that's where most people were, including myself, haha. We hit 9000 pages fast lol.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
No, but it should be the most important character to the series.

For The Legend of Zelda, that's Link because he's the protagonist.
For Pokémon, that's Pikachu because he's the mascot.
For Super Mario, that's Mario because he's both.
For ARMS, that's Spring Man because he's the mascot.

Sans is also such a breakout hit of a character that he practically made himself the game's mascot. Considering that and his large role in the game, his inclusion over Frisk is fine, though Frisk certainly has advantages over him as well.

In the context that she's probably heard it, it's a snarky "I think you're an idiot" retort used against gatekeeping by series, and I think also wanting characters because the series had less of them (citation needed on the second part though). Back then it wasn't people crabbing about Fire Emblem, but Pokémon.
It surprised me that you argue Spring Man should have been in for being the mascot but justify Sans for being the breakout character. I thought Min Min was a break out character as well.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It surprised me that you argue Spring Man should have been in for being the mascot but justify Sans for being the breakout character. I thought Min Min was a break out character as well.
She may be popular, but she's not so popular that she's synonymous with, and almost supersedes the popularity of ARMS, at least, not without Super Smash Bros.'s help.

Also, ranch sauce on pizza is good. Yes it is, don't argue.
Depends on the toppings. Like, I wouldn't put pepperoni on that...

but chicken? Noice.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Salad tastes well without anything on it, honestly. Dressing and ranch on salad is gross. Salad without anything on it, that is quite nice.
Lol, I wouldn't put someone on salad either. I prefer a non-human diet

Edit: Ok you got to it in time, well done. ;p
Anyway, raw salad? hmm

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
...So how confident are y'all feeling for a Smash announcement this week? I'm leaning towards a 20-30% chance of it happening myself but I still feel like even that bit of optimism may be misplaced lol.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
...So how confident are y'all feeling for a Smash announcement this week? I'm leaning towards a 20-30% chance of it happening myself but I still feel like even that bit of optimism may be misplaced lol.
I feel like it'll happen next week, not this one. Just gut feeling though, I have nothing whatsoever to back it up. I'll eat pineapple pizza if I'm wrong.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Getting back to Smash... why ask for Goku to be in Smash, when you can just go straight for the original source material?

With the 7/11 ad and Amiibo Theory, pretty confidant... and even if we get Pokemon instead, at least that means we'll have nothing but Smash left.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
The 7-11 ad is the only thing that is making me feel hopeful for this week, otherwise I would think by mid-October we would be getting the reveal.

Shroob

Sup?
There's something about this week that rubs me the wrong way.

Nintendo has been keeping up with at least 1 big news drop per week, but.... I dunno, even though they really have nothing to show aside from Pokemon right now, assuming no more shadowdrop games ala Kirby Fighters 2...

Yeah something about this week feels off to me.

I don't know WHAT they'll show off this week since, again, there's really nothing else aside from Pokemon, but I'm not confident at all.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Honestly I think it is a 50% chance for this week and a 50% chance for next unless nintendo does something wacky

OR it is just me being to optimistic

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You aren't the most boring person, I am.

If you were to watch a movie of my life, you would fall asleep immediately.
That's a pretty supernatural effect, which ironically, makes it quite exciting.

I think that due to recent developments, an announcement is very likely.

Anyway, I should go. I've got stuff to do, and I am not gonna do it last minute!

Again...

For the forth week in a row...

D

Deleted member

So I want something clarified.

Spirits no longer deconfirm, but event spirits do, right?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
There's something about this week that rubs me the wrong way.

Nintendo has been keeping up with at least 1 big news drop per week, but.... I dunno, even though they really have nothing to show aside from Pokemon right now, assuming no more shadowdrop games ala Kirby Fighters 2...

Yeah something about this week feels off to me.

I don't know WHAT they'll show off this week since, again, there's really nothing else aside from Pokemon, but I'm not confident at all.
Like, I feel like it's gotta be soon, I really don't think they're gonna push it to November, but who knows. Something could have gone wrong during development and they need more time.

I still stand by that if we don't hear about this character by the 7th or 14th, the pass is getting an end date delay.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
With the 7/11 ad and Amiibo Theory, pretty confidant... and even if we get Pokemon instead, at least that means we'll have nothing but Smash left.
Pikmin 3 tho...

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
That 7/11 ad is the only thing I can keep hope onto. If Oct. 4th passes and nothing happens, I guess all we can do is wish any of our relatives worked at Nintendo (for real).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom