• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

extremeturkey

Smash Apprentice
I agree with the first sentence.
As far as the last- obviously it is your choice, but I never understood the idea of spending so much time speculating, and not being willing to drop 30 bucks on a pass.
I guess I'm picky lol

For what it's worth, I might buy MinMin eventually, she's cool

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Pikmin 3 tho...
As much as I adore Pikmin, I sincerely hope Nintendo wouldn't push a Smash character back just for a Deluxe port.

Like, again, it's a really cool port, it has more effort being put into than most Deluxe releases, but...Gosh, if CP7 truly is ready to go and they were holding it back for PIkmin, that'd be a little odd, not gonna lie.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That was already announced. I'm pretty damn confident that something that was previously announced isn't going to eat up a weekly announcement.

Same reason why I don't think Mario 35 releasing this week impacts anything.
Doesn't Pikmin 3 Deluxe release October tho?

Shroob

Sup?
Everyone worried about Pikmin 3 when we literally just got a DLC announcement.

Call me crazy, but the fact that they just talked about DLC, to me at least, seems like they're done talking about actual games and are moving on to DLC content.

If anything, Crown Tundra is the big, scary boss to take down right now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Call me crazy, but the fact that they just talked about DLC, to me at least, seems like they're done talking about actual games and are moving on to DLC content.

This week: Pokemon
Next Week: Pikmin

Week after FP7 perhaps?

Or worst...

This week: Mario 35th
Next Week: Pokemon
Week after: Pikmin 3

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yeah, and it got a trailer in August.

What 'exactly' do you expect them to talk about here? The most I can see is them dropping a trailer to say "It's out!"
Worst case scenario.

A Pikmin exclusive direct talking about how the Deluxe version especially plays.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
So I want something clarified.

Spirits no longer deconfirm, but event spirits do, right?
The way I see it, disconfirmations come in waves

Wave 1 - Base game. All things disconfirmed are inelligable (such as Waluigi, Rex, Min Min, and Skull Kid).

Wave 2 - Pass 1. All wave 1 and 2 disconfirmations are inelligable (such as Waluigi, Rex, Tails, and Leon Kennedy)

Wave 3 - Pass 2. Everyone from the base game is back on the table, but all DLC content save Rex is inelligable (such as Tails, Leon Kennedy, Paper Mario, and Heihachi.)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
One thing I wouldn't understand about Pokemon Crown Tundra is why give it attention now when it's releasing in November?
You realize it doesn't come out until October 30th, right? If they were going to do that, they'd have to 1 week out like the Mario or Zelda ones were. Mario came 1 week before the collection, Zelda came a week before the news.
Fair point.

In that case good, one less thing out of the way.

Last edited:

MooMew64

Pokemon be looming over us like:

download.jpg

Yeaaaaahhhh Crown Tundra giving us all a sucker punch next week wouldn't surprise me in the least. :drshrug:

D

Deleted member

How come no one in here is excited for Crown Tundra news?

I don't really care about SwSh right now, but I thought all of you liked it a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For someone who will throw hands at people who he thinks aren't being an optimist, you're sure quick to jump on the pessimist bandwagon, ya know.
Its really not that, its just I like everyone else wants this Smash drought to just come to an end so we could speculate on what to expect next notably how the Pass might be whether the next character is a 1st or 3rd party.

MooMew64

I don't really care about SwSh right now, but I thought all of you liked it a lot.
SwSh is...A divisive game, lol.

Some people were fine with what happened, and some were not. It's definitely a controversial game when talking about it amongst core Nintendo groups. I like it, but I definitely respect and understand why others didn't.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So I want something clarified.

Spirits no longer deconfirm, but event spirits do, right?
Spirit events that happened during Pass 1 are thought to have been figured out while Pass 2 was being worked on.

In general, that's the reason, not cause simply "spirits disconfirm". There is logic behind it, but there's also factors like who is the actual spirit. Pokemon doesn't even have all the main plausible characters(like the Starters) as a spirit, so it's easy for some to believe Gen VIII could still get a character. Especially since DLC replaced the "third version", making it a much more different situation than past generations.

...Whereas Resident Evil has literally almost every main character already a spirit. Except one, Nemesis, and he's a pretty mutilated character, so the chances of him being in, is wellllll.... not considered plausible as easily.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I is still confused if they would do focuses a week before why do Crown Tundra now despite not releasing until November?

Let me guess? Because it's Pokemon and wants it to get a lot of attention? That's my only guess.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I is still confused if they would do focuses a week before why do Crown Tundra now despite not releasing until November?
The Thing is we don't actually have a release date for Crown Tundra yet so it could be November it could be October it could even be December

I'm quite excited there just isn't much to say about it

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master

Let me guess? Because it's Pokemon and wants it to get a lot of attention? That's my only guess.
Wait is it confirmed to release in November? I thought it was still Q4 Release, which october could fit

Shroob

Sup?

I don't care if people crucify me for saying this but.... Isle of Armor had good ideas, but bad execution.

Ignoring the mess that's base game SwSh

The DLC had scaling levels*.... except not really.

The Armor Dex brought a lot of old mons back... but was also full of Galar native Pokemon.

Pokemon can follow you now.... except in the base game... and it also looks ****ing awful, especially bad since goddamn Let's Go had it right.

And considering Crown Tundra's entire Dex already leaked, and I wasn't confident in Isle of Armor to start, color me very....meh.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Calling it now.

Crown Tundra this week. Next week will be FP7.

Knowing Nintendo they would want Pokemon out of the way and get more attention first.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Its really not that, its just I like everyone else wants this Smash drought to just come to an end so we could speculate on what to expect next notably how the Pass might be whether the next character is a 1st or 3rd party.
I mean I pretty clearly remember you throwing hands with Riley the other day DEMANDING they not be a pessimist, and I remember a month ago I had to tell you to stop stomping on other people's hopes.

Like, not trying to start a fight or anything, but maybe you need to take a bit of a break. You're taking this way too seriously.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Well If a Pokemon is in FP2, This is the perfect time to reveal it, when Crown tundra is coming out, People still playing Pokemon, and New Pokemon also in Smash brings attention to Smash

Yes, New Mario Character because of the Mario Tournament, and New Pokemon character because of Crown Tundra, yes

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
The way I see it, disconfirmations come in waves

Wave 1 - Base game. All things disconfirmed are inelligable (such as Waluigi, Rex, Min Min, and Skull Kid).

Wave 2 - Pass 1. All wave 1 and 2 disconfirmations are inelligable (such as Waluigi, Rex, Tails, and Leon Kennedy)

Wave 3 - Pass 2. Everyone from the base game is back on the table, but all DLC content save Rex is inelligable (such as Tails, Leon Kennedy, Paper Mario, and Heihachi.)
They're just different development cycles, really. What goes for one doesn't go for the others. It's the same as "Villager wouldn't be a good fighter!" one game later "Here's Villager as a fighter!". Each DLC wave is a separate cycle, and you could almost count late development of the base game as one because that's when Sakurai goes from "Chrom is boring, not a new fighter" perfectionist mode to "actually Lucina should have her own slot" content-filler mode.

Shroob

Sup?
Well If a Pokemon is in FP2, This is the perfect time to reveal it, when Crown tundra is coming out, People still playing Pokemon, and New Pokemon also in Smash brings attention to Smash

Yes, New Mario Character because of the Mario Tournament, and New Pokemon character because of Crown Tundra, yes
There's no world where we get both CP7 and 8 this year. Maybe CP8 revealed, but we're not getting 2 more characters this year.

7NATOR

Smash Master
There's no world where we get both CP7 and 8 this year. Maybe CP8 revealed, but we're not getting 2 more characters this year.
I Didn't mean release, I just meant reveals. even still, it's possible we could get a character in December or something, Cause I assume FP7 will be revealed and released Very Soon.

----------------------------------------------

On a Separate subject, There's actually something I want to ask. Are Tails and Knuckles Soft Deconfirmed because of their mii costumes returning. The reason I ask is because it's possible that by the time Joker's DLC pack was created, FP2 might not have been fully Decided by that time. That may also be why Joker is the only pack with 6 Costumes like how it used to be in Smash 4

Because of that, I don't know exactly what the status of Tails and Knuckles are...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's unfortunate, but pretty much the case here. It's clear they've been massively delayed.

If COVID gets worse/stays the same, honestly I could see the last character being pushed in 2022 for creation. They have no clue if they'd need to delay it, so it makes sense to keep the same "end of 2021" at this point. And it also depends how complex each character is. Min Min was considered complex alone, as the delay was due to gameplay reasons, not COVID slowing stuff down. Now? It's clear that it's taking its toll.

I just hope CP7 is honestly somewhat complex so it feels great to wait that long. That or someone I'd really love, but being complex sounds way more likely. I rarely get the roster choices I want due to weird tastes, so.

Shroob

Sup?
It's unfortunate, but pretty much the case here. It's clear they've been massively delayed.

If COVID gets worse/stays the same, honestly I could see the last character being pushed in 2022 for creation. They have no clue if they'd need to delay it, so it makes sense to keep the same "end of 2021" at this point. And it also depends how complex each character is. Min Min was considered complex alone, as the delay was due to gameplay reasons, not COVID slowing stuff down. Now? It's clear that it's taking its toll.

I just hope CP7 is honestly somewhat complex so it feels great to wait that long. That or someone I'd really love, but being complex sounds way more likely. I rarely get the roster choices I want due to weird tastes, so.
I still pray that CP7 comes soon so we can 'potentially' look at a 3 month gap schedule, but the longer this character takes, the more and more I'm convinced that a 2022 delay feels inevitable.

IF this character comes this month, we still can absolutely make the 2021 deadline, with a 3 month gap between each character, but as time passes, I'm banking less and less on that.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
...So how confident are y'all feeling for a Smash announcement this week? I'm leaning towards a 20-30% chance of it happening myself but I still feel like even that bit of optimism may be misplaced lol.
10% of it happening. I’ll be more on board next week.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That 7/11 ad is the only thing I can keep hope onto. If Oct. 4th passes and nothing happens, I guess all we can do is wish any of our relatives worked at Nintendo (for real).
I mentioned this yesterday but, in actuality, the ads really mean nothing beyond the fact it was advertising Min-Min and the Vol 2 Fighter’s Pass. All they it confirms that they were several months late in promoting Min-Min and that Vol 2 is still in the works and not getting swept aside for other projects. It’s getting heavy promotion (as opposed to Mario or AC) alongside Crown Tundra. In previous ads, nothing happened after Joker, Banjo, and Hero were given ad promotions. Their eventual release happened during the promotion yet we knew they were eventually coming. The ads really mean nothing for F7 and nothing in those ads points to this week.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still pray that CP7 comes soon so we can 'potentially' look at a 3 month gap schedule, but the longer this character takes, the more and more I'm convinced that a 2022 delay feels inevitable.

IF this character comes this month, we still can absolutely make the 2021 deadline, with a 3 month gap between each character, but as time passes, I'm banking less and less on that.
Same. Delays are getting pretty massive as is. Honestly, one thing was July, which was a bit early to expect, and August was a decent theory for the announcement. September was mostly "okay, come on now", and it's still not here. If it's not tomorrow, it's October... probably. And yeah, I think the CP8 at best will be announced in December, but definitely not released.

These things are all the more reason I don't think there's a chance for a 3rd Pass or any bonus characters. Though honestly, if it does delay into 2022, they could have a great justification for a quick Echo pass since they already had to go extra time anyway. And I still doubt it, but plans can change. No matter how "this is it" Sakurai sounds, you never know what can happen. That was in mind with COVID being a lot less serious and wasn't really considering massive delay potential yet. The later articles show the massive difficulty he's had in dealing with development. It might not be hyper massive by any means, as there's no doubt all 6 will be out, but we really have no clue how bad it is. Yet. I think he'll go into more details on delays when the new character is announced.

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice
Shroob Shroob about the maintenance, I noticed that this whole month of maintenance lead to a reveal/announcement 2-3 days after the maintenance happened
I don't know about the one happening tomorrow, but I guess we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom