• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Also, guess this means Rex is 100% deconfirmed due to Pyra.
If Pyra's outfit didn't set off the rating for the original game because she was a spirit in that then I think that this rating is a placeholder until more stuff gets added. Also Y'know the Base game was a 10 and only the first fighters pass was a 12 that makes me quite sure that Ann is what set it off or the alternative Brazil is weird when it comes to ratings

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Pyra were to be with Rex, how would she be censored?

I think they will just make the shorts less tight.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
What was sexy about FP1?

Maybe the SNK cameos, but they weren't that sexy at all. Mai was even excluded.

Persona 5 didn't have anything sexy either.

Twintelle was added before FP1.

People will jump to Byleth, but Byleth isn't revealing in Smash at all.
I'm utterly convinced it's Ann Takamaki from Persona 5. She wears her skintight cat girl outfit that shows her cleavage on the Mementos stage.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
honestly i have mixed feelings on plant. at the time of the reveal i absolutely hated it (the timing of the reveal was probably to blame on that one) but over time it's grown on me. i still totally get the arguments against it though

personally for me it's not really that i dislike WTF picks. on the contrary, i really like 'em. it's moreso that were we to get a new WTF pick, i'd rather have had them follow in the footsteps of the previous ones and come from a quote-unquote "new world". someone like sheriff or labo man would be a really fun choice that would represent a whole new part of nintendo history instead of retreading on a franchise with 1. a lot of characters already, and 2. a lot of actual potential newcomer candidates (some of them being huge fan-favorites)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Let's see whose out of the running if this "sexual content" is to be taken to again.

There's Morrigan Aensland I guess. Already mentioned 2B. Urbosa (Not that I expected her anyways), Ivy (Soulcalibur).

I know Shantae is a spirit but does that also rule her out now?

"Too sexy for Smash!"

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I still don't get this. Pyra's outfit is a lot more revealing.
I think this mostly boils down to CERO and their weird thing against upper legs/thighs in particular

it's also why F!Corrin has fully covered leggings, and Iirc both Palutena and Lyn's assist had to censored in 4 in a later patch because of it.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Was this discussed yet? Fighter's Pass 2 is confirmed to not have any sexual content while FP1 had that(which I don't recall seeing).
We back to the horny talks? OH BOY! :roll:

About the ratings... I guess Leisure Suit Larry is disconfirmed. :4pacman:

But really, it's probably a temporary rating. That, and Brazil is hella inconsistent when it comes to rating games. Source: am brazilian.

Probably means nothing in the long run.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Was this discussed yet? Fighter's Pass 2 is confirmed to not have any sexual content while FP1 had that(which I don't recall seeing).

Well, so much for Pyra and Mythra appearing in this Pass in any form! :4pacman:

. . .Actually, wait, I got a better joke that I want to make with this.

Ngl I’m worried for Elma if true cause this could mean no true form alt even IF it’s censored
Eh, I honestly doubt that they'd even show off her true form. The DLC for 2 got by just fine with her mim form.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, so much for Pyra and Mythra appearing in this Pass in any form! :4pacman:

. . .Actually, wait, I got a better joke that I want to make with this.

Eh, I honestly doubt that they'd even show off her true form. The DLC for 2 got by just fine with her mim form.
Then again 2 didn’t show Mecha-Fiora. Smash did in Shulk’s FS so they may be like **** it here’s Elma’s true form as an alternate costume for her

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I know that speculation can tend to be a minefield sometimes, and that this thread has seen its fair share of disagreements here and there, but we were recently reminded of something very important. Today, we were given a gift, a message. A core truth of humanity that unites us all, regardless the multitudes of differences we have between us, and that message is...
SIMPA FOR IMPA

Adobe_20200926_160437.jpg

BE A
GEEKAH FOR THE SHEIKAH

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Then again 2 didn’t show Mecha-Fiora. Smash did in Shulk’s FS so they may be like **** it here’s Elma’s true form as an alternate costume for her
Difference between true form Elma and Mecha Fiora is though that the former you only get to see at the very end of the game, whereas the latter is something that gets shown about halfway through. Like, we also never had any representation for true form Midna in Smash, and Twilight Princess has been pretty well represented in trophy content and the like over the years.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This whole "Too sexual for Smash" is leading way for Nia as the Xenoblade rep
Her blade form just won't be used for her Final Smash and probably her tiger friend being involved or something.

D

Deleted member

honestly i have mixed feelings on plant. at the time of the reveal i absolutely hated it (the timing of the reveal was probably to blame on that one) but over time it's grown on me. i still totally get the arguments against it though
I get why people got mad over that but it feels strange. It is not like Sakurai was trying to play any mean joke to people who wanted ATs promoted to characters when :ultpiranha: was revealed.

Sure, it is a bummer when characters you want get deconfirmed, but taking your rage on :ultpiranha: is a bit strange.

A character reveal is a character reveal, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Let's see whose out of the running if this "sexual content" is to be taken to again.

There's Morrigan Aensland I guess. Already mentioned 2B. Urbosa (Not that I expected her anyways), Ivy (Soulcalibur).

I know Shantae is a spirit but does that also rule her out now?

"Too sexy for Smash!"
No, a Spirit doesn't rule Shantae or anyone else out since Min Min was one and got promoted. Plus Shantae isn't too much of a sexy character as she's more chibi and cute than sexy or sexual like detractors like to say.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
"Sexual content" is too inconsistent to actually draw conclusions from and there's the whole manner of alterations being made for some spirits and characters.

But I guess it gives us all an opportunity to see which female characters Michael will gatekeep for showing some skin.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That's because it isn't 50 minutes, it's 14 minutes wirh 36 minutes of talking.

Anyways here: https://youtu.be/4ivSWRpsILs
I appreciate the link. I guess that's the reason I could only find it in Japanese- it doesnt exist in English. I definitely didnt think all we were getting was a Japanese Let's Play of a hack'n slash... I know the genre, but this actually made the game less appealing for me. Maybe I'll just watch the cutscenes online in a few months instead of purchasing.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Okay, to steer away from our third talk of sexuality in a month:

In the Completionist’s review of UMvC3 (around 10:28) another speaker briefly talks about how characters selected come in four categories:
  1. The Icons: Always guaranteed to show up whenever the parent companies are involved; basically poster children (ex: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultdk::ultlink:)
  2. The Veterans: Iconic specifically for the game they’re a part of, mainly because of their moveset (ex: :ultfalcon::ulticeclimbers::ultike:)
  3. The Faces (or, as I see it, the Products): Characters who are either still relevant and lucrative, or will be soon to a degree (ex: :ultpikachu::ultlucario::ultcorrin::ultincineroar::ultbyleth:)
  4. The Wild Cards: Characters who don’t fit in fighting games at first glance, but someone out there loves them enough to make it work one way or another (ex: :ultjigglypuff::ultgnw::ultrob::ultvillager::ultduckhunt::ultpiranha:)
Granted, the speaker was talking specifically in regards to Marvel vs. Capcom, but I thought it was worth mentioning in the case of other fighting games (namely Smash).

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I get why people got mad over that but it feels strange. It is not like Sakurai was trying to play any mean joke to people who wanted ATs promoted to characters when :ultpiranha: was revealed.

Sure, it is a bummer when characters you want get deconfirmed, but taking your rage on :ultpiranha: is a bit strange.

A character reveal is a character reveal, right?
There will always be people who will blame other characters' inclusions for their characters not making it in even though that isn't how it works. It's going to become a ****show here in the Smash community when we get down to the last 3 fighters as there is going to be flame wars all over the place. God have mercy on the last newcomer and their fanbase because no matter who it is, they're going to be hated more than Bayonetta in Smash 4 and will bring more salt with them regardless who it is.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
No, a Spirit doesn't rule Shantae or anyone else out since Min Min was one and got promoted. Plus Shantae isn't too much of a sexy character as she's more chibi and cute than sexy or sexual like detractors like to say.
She's a belly dancer. That's inherently a sexual act.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom