• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Hey guys, I know that speculation can tend to be a minefield sometimes, and that this thread has seen its fair share of disagreements here and there, but we were recently reminded of something very important. Today, we were given a gift, a message. A core truth of humanity that unites us all, regardless the multitudes of differences we have between us, and that message is...
SIMPA FOR IMPA

View attachment 286885

BE A
GEEKAH FOR THE SHEIKAH
"You'll get no simp-athy from me!" :4myfriends:

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, I know that speculation can tend to be a minefield sometimes, and that this thread has seen its fair share of disagreements here and there, but we were recently reminded of something very important. Today, we were given a gift, a message. A core truth of humanity that unites us all, regardless the multitudes of differences we have between us, and that message is...
SIMPA FOR IMPA

View attachment 286885

BE A
GEEKAH FOR THE SHEIKAH
And they said I was the only one being horny in here, lol.

Either way, she is quite nice.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
SIMPA FOR IMPA

View attachment 286885

BE A
GEEKAH FOR THE SHEIKAH
We invite all new supporters to partake in her thread. It's time to rocket her to the top.

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
This rating thing is silly. The content needs to exist for it to be rated, and we can be pretty sure that the later characters and their content are not finished and ready for submission. The next character or 2 might be in a complete enough state for rating purposes, but certainly not the whole pass.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I am going to say it again.

"Too sexy for Smash!!!" is a fake and horrible arguments.

Get better arguments please.
We’ve literally had a character confirmed to not have an appearance because she was too sexy. Whether we like it or not it’s a valid point to take into consideration.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I feel like MVC3 is a different case because half of that game is dedicated to, well, Capcom. So naturally the fanbase is going to be more narrower in comparison to something like Smash Bros.

Obviously people aren't gonna be asking for the likes of Banjo/K. Rool/Ridley/Crash/etc in MVC, so that's where I feel Phoenix kinda gets lost in the fold when it comes to Smash Bros.
You really want to defend the idea that Sakurai simply isn't aware of a character who for many people, is THE visual novel character? Even if we ignore the entire decade of fan demand, the best argument you could have is how he's not in yet, which 1: Just goes to show how many beloved characters Capcom has and 2: Wow he didn't get in before the two Capcom mascots how shocking. There's no way in hell Sakurai is blissfully unaware of how popular Nick is in Smash circles, especially as Ace Attorney has a mostly Nintendo fanbase
If we're also taking "Too sexy" for men.

Dante kinda counts does he not?

Dante deconfirmed.
Hell ****ing no there is NOTHING sexy about a depressed guy who does nothing but eat pizza and ice cream all day while whining about how his ****'s too big

D

Deleted member

We’ve literally had a character confirmed to not have an appearance because she was too sexy. Whether we like it or not it’s a valid point to take into consideration.
I don't think they would stop a fighter getting in over this.

There is a difference between a stage cameo and an actual fighter.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don't think they would stop a fighter getting in over this.

There is a difference between a stage cameo and an actual fighter.
You can’t really say that when Bayonetta had to be heavily altered for her to get in.

D

Deleted member

You can’t really say that when Bayonetta had to be heavily altered for her to get in.
You're proving my point though. They can easily alter characters to make them more age appropriate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phoenixio

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking about Goku yesterday, and why I don't want him in Smash... First off, everybody seems obsessed with the Super Saiyan stuff, because teen angst, but that's always been to me when the series degraded. And look at what they can do from Z and on: they can disintegrate people with their signature moves, cut them in two, destroy planets, teleport... It's just too much. It's not on the scale of what Kirby can do. So anything "above 9000" really wouldn't fit in tone, and even if they did implement it, it wouldn't feel authentic because said Kirby would only be pushed a little from a charged Kamehameha instead of being obliterated for obvious balance reasons.

Which led me to think: the best part about Dragon Ball to me was always the first 16 volumes or so. When Goku is a kid/teen, when he has his tail, when they actually practice martial arts. When he's essentially a Monkey King ripoff. Those characters were so full of flavor, with cool movesets like the illusion moves, the nimbus, the stretching stick, turtle style martial arts, and when the worst calamity they had ever known struck the Earth in the form of Piccolo, they still fought in a martial arts tournament. That would make a character with such a cooler moveset, and much more in line with what the other fantastic or martial artist characters already in Smash can do.

That universe they essentially abandoned when they went with the Saiyan stuff is actually really close, borderline tied into what has been done for Dragon Quest by the same artist. Just a tad more modern.

Thoughts?

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
So while we have some frontrunners for who could be next (Dante, Geno, Monster Hunter, Rex, Travis, etc.)

Any characters you guys are feeling that is being slept on or overlooked?
I still have a good feeling about a BOTW character. It just makes a lot of sense to me. I know they were discussed for a bit after the Age of Calamity reveal, but it was dropped pretty quickly.

The BOTW sub-series is clearly something that Nintendo wants to push right now. Not only are we getting a full fledged sequel, but even a canon prequel. I imagine BOTW will be the main face of Zelda for a while.

That push is really justified too. BOTW is the highest selling Zelda game by a large amount. It’s also one of the most beloved games of the past decade, if not of all-time. It was also one of the first big reasons for the Switch becoming as successful as it has.

Yes, we already have BOTW content in the game. But there’s three Ocarina of Time characters on the roster, so I don’t think that would really matter. Especially since this is a sub-series that Nintendo is pushing hard.

A unique BOTW character would hit a lot of points. It’d promote Age of Calamity & BOTW2. It’d add more representation to a truly beloved game. It would also hit the long running fan complaint about Zelda’s fighter representation in Smash.

It’s a win-win situation IMO.

Ideally, I’d say the character would be all 4 Champions in one spot with you controlling one while the others show up in several moves. Similar to Captain Commando in the Marvel vs Capcom games.

But it’d probably just be only one of them so I’d go with Mipha or Urbosa. I give the advantage to Mipha since she’s the most popular.

Age of Calamity Impa does looks super fun though. 👀

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

michael for christ's sake can you stop gatekeeping any character who isn't dressed like a priest

i don't like going off at people like this but **** man
How come people who make really bad takes don't get blocked, but when I make a mild take, I get blocked by everyone in here?

Last edited by a moderator:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
What is considered Sexual changes between Culture and Person, Rating boards usually base it off of culture so can we PLEASE change topics I even have a thing.

What songs do you want for your most wanted?

EDIT: Here are Mine

Victory music:
Target Vanquished!

Remixes:

Whereabouts of the light
Sophisticated Fight
Fateful Confrontation

Regular music:

Strepitoso Fight
Determination of fight
The Merciless Savior
Silver Will
The Glint of Cold Steel
Get Over The Barrier!
Azure Arbitrator
Valestein Castle (From Ys)
Sunshine Coastline (From Ys)
Gadobadorrer (From Brandish)
Earnestly Advance (From Tokyo Xanadu)
Demon Lord Vesper (From Zwei!!)
Soaring Through Azure Sadness (From Gurumin)

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If a character can be altered enough without losing their identity then are they really "too sexy" to get in? She's still doing her suggestive poses and the like, she just isn't stripping down as heavily (which is actually kinda funny from a lore perspective because it shows she's holding back lmao).

I don't disagree that for some characters, they are in fact "too sexy" to get in but also they're honestly so few and far between that it doesn't really matter honestly.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
What is considered Sexual changes between Culture and Person, Rating boards usually base it off of culture so can we PLEASE change topics I even have a thing.

Finally, my RH Smash list being put to good use

Came up with 47 RH songs I deemed worthy or important enough to the series, along with the 3 already in Smash, round it out to 50. Also included what I envision the victory theme to be (the last track in the playlist) for my hypothetical RH character

Of course some will be remixed (Title theme medley for example)

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If a character can be altered enough without losing their identity then are they really "too sexy" to get in? She's still doing her suggestive poses and the like, she just isn't stripping down as heavily (which is actually kinda funny from a lore perspective because it shows she's holding back lmao).

I don't disagree that for some characters, they are in fact "too sexy" to get in but also they're honestly so few and far between that it doesn't really matter honestly.
Yeah I think there’s a fine line to what’s ok and what’s not. Like, just for the sake of conversation, Ivy is probably among those few. It’s a very unlikely thing to deduce as to the likelihood of characters but it’s definitely something to take into consideration.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Dearly Beloved, for one.

You can guess my most wanted from that title alone.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Imma do it for THREE of my most wanted, try to guess who the sets belong to

set 1:
Black Tar
Uncontrollable
Noctilum Day
Sylvalum Night
aBOreSSs
Minor Boss Battle
Major Boss Battle
In the Forest (X -> Z ver)
Telethia Plume theme
The key we lost

Set 2:
Calling
Twister
Twister (Gang Mix)
Twister (Final Battle remix)
Make Or Break
Emptiness and
Ooparts
TATAKAI
Transformation
Deja vu
And some others I’m forgetting...

Set 3:
Splattack (Octo)
# 5 - thirsty
# 8 - regret (remix)
# 13 - shade
# 16 - salty
Nasty Majesty
Shark Bytes
Fly Octo Fly ~ Ebb & Flow (Octo)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I'm limiting myself to 5 Ritual of the Night songs

The Executioners
Gears of Fortune
Silent Howling
Exorschism
Cursed Orphan

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
How come people who make really bad takes don't get blocked, but when I make a mild take, I get blocked by everyone in here?
Like come on, I don't make bad takes. Yet I get blocked by so many people in here...
Whatever, none of you care.

Here comes people blocking me!
Shiny, cool it sis. None of this is relevant to anything and spamming these is not helping your case for not deserving to be blocked.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Whatever, none of you care.

Here comes people blocking me!
Honestly, I don’t find your takes to be bad, really. They might be weird sometimes, but eh, I think a lot of people here (myself included) have had weird takes at times. Plus, sometimes weird takes are a breath of fresh air from the usual discussion on this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom