• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I haven't seen this topic brought up yet so I'll just post it here.
New 7/11 pop display with Min Min is now up until October 4th.
hqdefault (3).jpg

Finally.

This also lines up with my current predictions; A reveal around the September-October border, followed by an October release. Seeing as October 4 is the very week after (Or the end of the week, if we're going with Monday starting the week), it lines up perfectly.

I've also been hanging onto this reaction image for months now. It's nice to finally be able to use it for something.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
While I wouldn't say that Travis would 100% be the next character, it's highly unlikely that he'll coincide with No More Heroes III's release date unless they're willing to shuffle characters around due to the latter's delay, and I find the idea of shuffling characters to be pretty unlikely.
You are correct I should have been more specific

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So, we can 100% say something's coming soon now.

NOW THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION

THIS WEEK OR NEXT?
I'm going in on this week.

You know what, I'm gonna go further and say: announcement on Wednesday and Sakurai Presents on Friday. Unusual, but since Monday and Tuesday are out in Japan...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That’s what I’ve been telling them, I’ve been saying it’s also possible he could be Costume’d or Spirited away
It at least is an indicator he's probably in the game in some capacity. The real question is how he's in: Playable, Mii costume, or Spirit? I'm personally feeling he's in, but who really knows for sure.
Confirms? Yes

Playable? THAT is what's uncertain. I think Travis is 'in', but 'in' could mean Spirit or Mii costume too.
Well when it comes out to nothing, I'll add it to the list of dev comments being taken way out of hand. :096:

D

Deleted member

Alright everyone!!!!!

I have a game.

Place your bets!!!

Guess which character will be FP7.

Winner can make me draw a character of their wish, and I will post it here.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Clinical depiction of Smash fan afflicted with recency bias.

Subject appears hopeful but unaware of anything past this last week.

Prognosis is unfavourable.
Yeah, while Travis and Monster Hunter, are really good bets for this and the next DLC characters (and probably even the one after that for Travis), they're certainly not the only options.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
1600630942308.png

If the image didn't give you enough of a hint, this is gonna be an extremely hot take incoming

But if this next character isn't a Mario character, and one doesn't get shown off, then I'm going to be questioning the likelihood of us getting one period this pass.

While not impossible of course, but if any Mario character was coming, you'd figure they'd have them in before the Big Mario 35th Tournament, no? Or at the very least shown off.

Of course, this is just my opinion. They can 100% still come sometime later, but it's just my own thoughts on it.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
"No comment" neither confirms nor deconfirms a character. Let's just wait and temper our expectations.
At the same time though, changing your answer to "No comment" is a confirmation. In this case, it's a confirmation of at least something.

If the image didn't give you enough of a hint, this is gonna be an extremely hot take incoming

But if this next character isn't a Mario character, and one doesn't get shown off, then I'm going to be questioning the likelihood of us getting one period this pass.

While not impossible of course, but if any Mario character was coming, you'd figure they'd have them in before the Big Mario 35th Tournament, no? Or at the very least shown off.

Of course, this is just my opinion. They can 100% still come sometime later, but it's just my own thoughts on it.
Even hotter take: Super Mario and The Legend of Zelda series characters are as good as disconfirmed at this point.
EDIT: Actually, scratch that for the Super Mario part. There is a contingency that I can see becoming a reality, as unlikely as it is.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
It's amazing how an ad in a ****in' convenience store can reignite hype so much. Even more amazing is that it's not unfounded hype, since this has historically proven to be an actual lead.
It's especially hype-bringing considering Venus of the Desert Bloom's account. It's anecdotal, yes - still, that picture was not pretty in the slightest.

I think I've got a little game.

List two characters you can think of that could be paired and revealed together like Hero and Banjo & Kazooie, one with mostly Japanese appeal and the other with mostly Western appeal.
Japanese: Reimu
Western: Master Chief

Finally.

This also lines up with my current predictions; A reveal around the September-October border, followed by an October release. Seeing as October 4 is the very week after (Or the end of the week, if we're going with Monday starting the week), it lines up perfectly.

I've also been hanging onto this reaction image for months now. It's nice to finally be able to use it for something.
Now I can't help but to imagine the kinda ludicrous scenario of FP8 releasing around Christmas.

This thread's reaction would be something akin to this:

D

Deleted member

I have a feeling it will be a third party candidate.

Just my gut talking to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Clinical depiction of Smash fan afflicted with recency bias.

Subject appears hopeful but unaware of anything past this last week.

Prognosis is unfavourable.
Honestly? I've had Travis in the back of my mind for a while now, I just always pushed him aside because I thought he was too adult.

After learning a bit more about how they could change him, and honestly admitting a lot of the cons I gave him came from bias of not wanting him, I'm kind of sold on him even without this interview.

Now, if you excuse me, I'll be waiting to be proven 100% wrong as my track record with Smash speculation is abysmal. :teeth:

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
I finished No More Heroes 1+2, Super Mario RPG, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev (Arcade+Story), and Tales of Vesperia in the past month. Ridley was revealed a month after I finished Metroid Prime & Terry was revealed a month after I finished the Orochi Saga Collection. Maybe I'll get lucky again and a character from one of these games will get revealed for Smash soon...?

If I'm gonna make any predictions though, Dante, Hayabusa, and a Falcom rep have been on my mind recently.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I finished No More Heroes 1+2, Super Mario RPG, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev (Arcade+Story), and Tales of Vesperia in the past month.
Damn, meanwhile I'm still stuck on the same boss in Terraria, and I haven't beaten Mario 64 in the All Stars pack.

To be fair, I have played a lot of Smash too.

I am a slow gamer. :V

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
One thing's for sure.

The minute that they start showing off Mii Costume's

Everyone's ass is going to be clenched as tight as possible.
I'm torn, because

I want Steve to be playable

But a Mii Costume would be so fitting and the cursed Mii opportunities with a Steve head you could put on anything is too good to pass up.

:drsad:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Based on the events alternating between Spirits and Tourneys with a DLC character always coming with a themed toruney around the character. FP7 is going to be released in the week of September 28th - Oct 2nd or Oct 12th - 16th. These dates both fit in with amiibo theory as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It is so ****ing nice that we are getting FP7 this month.

Also I am jealous of all of you. I am a slow gamer, and I haven't finished much games. ;-;

D

Deleted member

I have a gut feeling it will either be Travis Touchdown or Monster Hunter.

If it is Phoenix Wright, Steve, or the Terrarian, expect me to unleash my hidden energy of hype.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh yeah, as for the Mii Costume reveal:

Hollow Knight. Probably. Maybe. I'm not really sure, but it'd be really cool so just do it Nintendo.
Would it come with a song or not?

Also the exact song is important, it would make or break the LoL rumor from months ago (what song did that rumor specify again? Will bookmark for reference)

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Yay finally..... and then we'll go to whining about CP8 not being here right after.
That's a classic thing of Smash Bros. speculation. Asking who's next just after we got the new character.

Though to be fair, in this case I think it's relatively normal. Technically we could say we didn't get Smash news since the Mini Direct of March where they announced ARMS as FP6. Also Nintendo being silent for most part of the year hasn't helped at all, but they're lately being more talkative.

I think it would be pretty neat if in the upcoming Sakurai Presents he says something about when we could expect the next fighters. I'm not asking about their identities, just some info about dates for next characters, just like most fighting games do with their DLCs.

D

Deleted member

I wish I was more cultured into gaming.

All of you can name a hundred games you have played, meanwhile I have been playing the same games for months.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I DO think we will get a Xenoblade character in the pass if not immediately FP7, but imo it won’t be Rex.

...it’ll be ZEKE VON GENBU, THE ZEKENATOR, BRINGER OF CHAOS!!!

OR Melia, Fiora....or quite possibly the wind blows hard in December September...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom