• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Alright it's 1:42 AM here and I'm going to go to sleep. I have a feeling I'll miss some big deconfirmation news tomorrow as I'll be away for a couple hours to head back home, and I'll probably miss something big overnight.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
You didn't miss anything except Bandai Namco and Level-5 reps aren't fighter number 5.

Looks like he’s giving the invitation to someone instead. As if the person he’s giving it to was a guest on his show, perhaps trying to get over the stress of not being in Smash. When they finally accepted that they won’t be in, Dr. Phil surprises them with the invitation.

Wonder who that could be?
His echo fighter, Steve.

Last edited:

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
Just woke up, is there anything I missed?
Bandai-Namco and Level 5 characters have been deconfirmed by Verge. Outside of that, just a bunch of personal drama between a few users.

Edit: For FP5 that is, not beyond the fighters pass.

Last edited:

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
...what the hell did I miss?

I started writing out a nice, long response to everything that's been posted in the past hour, but I'm dead exhausted, nobody on here knows me from Adam, I've had a remarkably bad day, and a drop of coffee hasn't graced my lips once in the past 24 hours, so I decided to erase all that and stick to bullet points like a college professor with a hangover:

- You know what I do sometimes? Like, when I'm having a bad day or can't sleep? I'll watch that "Everyone Is Here" announcement again, usually with reactions (and I never watch reaction videos). Those videos, those reactions immediately make me feel all warm inside because, hot damn, those are some extraordinarily happy reactions. Like, raw, unfiltered, electrifying glee. I genuinely recommend this as a form of emotional therapy for some of you guys.

- I'd love to know the average age group of the people posting on this thread. Because some of the more mature comments I've read recently have been something along the lines of "Dude, chill, I know we all love Smash here, but at the end of the day it's just a game", which are followed up by passionate and long-winded rants about how Smash is more than just a game and how dare you day that, and I think the people who are making that kind of argument need to sincerely look in the mirror and ask what their personality traits are outside of Smash speculation. Because, and I say this with as much friendliness as a random moron on the internet possibly can, you're impossibly wrong. Smash may be an important game, but it's still just a video game.

- @Lesley Black Velvet I don't know you or what you've said or done to cause a couple pages worth of discourse about yourself, but I do want to offer some tough love that I truly hope will help. First thing: You've gotta stop feeling sorry for yourself, and you cannot place all of your faith in getting sympathy from strangers on the internet.

Again, I don't know you, I don't know what you're going through, I don't know your age or how you cognitively process things, but there's a very simple answer to the sheepish confusion in your responses on here: log off. No, I'm serious, stop speculating Smash DLC. Because right now, it's not fun. It's not comforting, or exciting, or pleasant in any way to you. It's stressful, it's depressing, it's riddling you with anxiety. It's, at the very least, frustrating you. So take a step back, realize that you don't need it, that it's grown into an unhealthy addiction that's only making you feel worse.

I've been there. Hell, I've had to log off of this site for an entire month because I was being so negatively effected by the overwhelming negativity I kept reading. I realized, "Oh wow, this is making me miserable to read" and forced myself to stop. It won't be easy, and you know that, but I promise you'll feel better if you cut the negativity from your life and focus on yourself. Not what others think of you, but how you think of yourself. Work on your communication, your empathy, your ability to debate and communicate and even argue with a stronger sense of maturity outside of the Smash speculation setting. Come back to us a better version of yourself, a person who can speculate without making herself or others feel miserable. If you really want to change, then that's the person you should want to be.

We can offer you ideas, suggestions, advice, and encouragement, but at the end of the day, our opinion of you means less than nothing. What matters is your opinion of yourself.

I'll be "celebrating" the 10 year anniversary of my diagnosis of "persistent depressive disorder" in a few months. It's been an absolutely terrible decade for me, and I'll spare you all the sh*tty details. But if there's one thing I learned, it's that misery will latch onto you as long as you feed it. Ending it all has been on my mind more times than I can count during this time of my life. It's always been teetering right on that edge of tempting.

But I also learned that, in order to survive those thoughts and those disgusting temptations of death, you need to find one thing to latch onto to pull you through. One thing, no matter how small, no matter how stupid. I was 99.9999% prepared to give in near the end of this summer, had notes written and everything, but you know the one small, stupid thing that prevented me from doing it? "My brother and I have been waiting for Banjo and f*cking Kazooie to get into Smash since we were nine, and I will not take that away from either of us."

So yeah, Smash is important. The roster is important. Some of you may say that "You just don't get it, this game means more to me than it does to you!" Trust me. I get it. But trust me, it's never the most important. Figure yourselves out, do what makes you happy and step far away from the sh*t that makes you miserable. And if Smash speculation is making you miserable, than ask yourself...why the hell am I doing it?

I did not stick to my PowerPoint bullets. I think my Adderall finally kicked in halfway there ha. So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go write an imromptu thesis paper and then finally go the hell to sleep. I'm fully expecting a truckload of sarcastic or threatening responses to this rant tomorrow morning, but I hope someone got something positive out of it.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
With Banjo/Terry, did we have people disconfirming characters like with FP5? Or is that a new things that's been going on?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
With Banjo/Terry, did we have people disconfirming characters like with FP5? Or is that a new things that's been going on?
We've had deconfirmations before, but nothing on this level, where entire companies are deconfirmed on the daily.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
I personally didn't see much deconfirmations going on leading up to E3 but I was mostly in the B&K thread so there might of been. I know there was a lot of focus on DQ due to Verge supporting it and B&K got a lot of attention due to ResetEra cryptically hinting towards them being added but I don't recall seeing Sabi or Verge saying certain characters won't make it in. Could be completely wrong though since again, I was mostly in the B&K thread lurking and praying the ResetEra hint was true lol.

Troykv

Smash Master
It's quite funny how the only reliable information we have is about what IS NOT in the Pass xD.

D

Deleted member

I've been there. Hell, I've had to log off of this site for an entire month because I was being so negatively effected by the overwhelming negativity I kept reading. I realized, "Oh wow, this is making me miserable to read" and forced myself to stop. It won't be easy, and you know that, but I promise you'll feel better if you cut the negativity from your life and focus on yourself. Not what others think of you, but how you think of yourself. Work on your communication, your empathy, your ability to debate and communicate and even argue with a stronger sense of maturity outside of the Smash speculation setting. Come back to us a better version of yourself, a person who can speculate without making herself or others feel miserable. If you really want to change, then that's the person you should want to be.
Sigh...

I was never the type to talk with friends. I'm an introvert. I'm someone actually embraces being a loner, since I believe it is the best environment for me to be in. This is literally all I have left. I like being alone.

I'll take your advice any other day. I'm just...done with taking in every detail of advice. This thread just became more of a psychologizing thread for me, rather than discussing potential stuff.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Bandai-Namco and Level 5 characters have been deconfirmed by Verge. Outside of that, just a bunch of personal drama between a few users.

Edit: For FP5 that is, not beyond the fighters pass.
Yikes, I see.

Well, it will still be very interesting to see who Fighter #5 is if it is not from Namco nor Level-5.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Same thing happened with the Terry leak. Was more of the Nakoruru person back then, but Terry deserved his spot though. I too would have wanted Verge to be wrong but that's about it.

Sorry fam.
I heard a lot of weird stuff before the copyright thing. Did Verge go against Terry until the copyright thing?

D

Deleted member

If I were to say anything, it's that the final character will be quite the niche character and not the "uber"-level hype characters a la Master Chief.

Dark Bagel

Smash Ace
There's still a ton of awesome possible candidates for FP5. Whatever we end up getting, I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.

Someone brought up Sora. He's definitely possible, although I'd imagine getting him later down the road. Same goes for 2B. And several awesome Capcom reps. IDK if they deconfirmed EA, but I'm ready for a Sims rep. Or an Indie character. Maybe we'll get a 1st party pick after all? Or mobile character? Or a PC character? Or that Sony pipe dream? This is exciting.
I'm gonna need you to stop that right now. Your geniune enthusiasm and optimism is infectious. STOP WARMING MY COLD DEAD HEART, DANGIT.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Sucks that quite a bit of options and cool characters are dead for 5 at least really who the hell is it

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna need you to stop that right now. Your geniune enthusiasm and optimism is infectious. STOP WARMING MY COLD DEAD HEART, DANGIT.
I just think it'll be an out-of-field pick. Someone that wasn't given much attention during the discussion here.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Now that I think about it, her fighter spirit would probably not be her Crowned form. So perhaps there's still a chance for the doggos, after all.
The official Spirit is "Zacian and Zamazenta".

They could add one of the two in their Crowned form and give us a separate Spirit titled "Zacian" or "Zamazenta". Also helps that the Spirit doesn't match the style of the other Pokemon. If Zacian were to get in, this is probably what his artwork would look like.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I'd laugh that regardless of what's been said Travis Touchdown ends of being the final one and suda was messing with us but nah that's not gonna happen

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I thought Reimu was deconfirmed. But like I counted earlier, there are at least 14 "deconfirmed" characters, so it's easy to lose track.
I guess Reimu wouldn't surprise me.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I thought Reimu was deconfirmed. But like I counted earlier, there are at least 14 "deconfirmed" characters, so it's easy to lose track.
I guess Reimu wouldn't surprise me.
Actually, I don’t think she is included in the deconfirmed list.

Last edited:

Goombaic

Smash Ace
The official Spirit is "Zacian and Zamazenta".

They could add one of the two in their Crowned form and give us a separate Spirit titled "Zacian". Also helps that the Spirit doesn't match the style of the other Pokemon. If Zacian were to get in, this is probably what his workplace would look like.
That would work pretty well. The only problem would be that it'd be seen as favoritism towards one version over the other, but alas it's a small price for the doggos.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
That would work pretty well. The only problem would be that it'd be seen as favoritism towards one version over the other, but alas it's a small price for the doggos.
Sakurai never seemed to let that deter him from adding Greninja and Incineroar despite there being three starters.

Some Pokemon will just be favored over others.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai never seemed to let that deter him from adding Greninja and Incineroar despite there being three starters.

Some Pokemon will just be favored over others.
Eh, it's not exactly the same thing. Every Pokemon game has all the starters of that Gen, but when picking one cover legendary over the other, you're favoring one version of the game.

I think Zacian's chances are low for different reasons, but still, it's something to keep in mind.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
All we had in those days was the march to E3. A slow, painful, agonizing march full of fighting for 6 months

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
I believe some said Reimu was deconfirmed due to NIS, as a company, being deconfirmed. NIS has pusblished some fangames for the west. Though, that connection is iffy because Touhou is self published and doesn't belong to NIS.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This is a post to remind everyone on this thread that this is not a social thread. This thread is to discuss newcomers in Smash and continuing into areas that are considered personal, political, social, or non-Smash/video game issues is considered spam. If you want to have these sort of discussions, please use the more appropriate Social thread or other more appropriate threads found in the Ultimate Discussion thread. There is a limit that certain discussion is tolerated but this line has been crossed way to many times. Also, please be advised encouraging users to partake in discussion that’s off-topic or inappropriate to the thread will also be warned. This includes goading members to respond. You will be warned.

This is not a place to complain about personal issues, this is not a place to vent, this is not a place to post memes, this is not a place to gatekeep characters, this is not a place to attack others users for having differing opinions, this is not a place to witch hunt members of the community, etc etc etc.

Let’s keep the discussion focused solely on Smash and avoid getting into drawn out off-topic conversations that do not belong here. Say your piece and just move on.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
New Titans if all leaks are true:
A little girl:
1575189354323.png

the world’s most ****able Lawyer:
1575189536330.png

Some old hag:
1575189908032.png

And one Disney Boi:
1575189819783.png

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Eh, it's not exactly the same thing. Every Pokemon game has all the starters of that Gen, but when picking one cover legendary over the other, you're favoring one version of the game.

I think Zacian's chances are low for different reasons, but still, it's something to keep in mind.
Ehh...just sounds like another fan rule for why a certain Pokemon can't get in. That's the same as saying Sirfetch'd can't get in because he's Sword exclusive.

From my perspective, Zacian and Zamazenta are in both versions, so people should be able to recognize them both regardless of which version they chose.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom