• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Does anyone suspect that the supposed last fighter of the pass is actually a post-pass fighter? No new fighter in the previous packs was ever this ridiculously accessible.

Last edited:

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
It'll be December by the time I post this. I'm not sure if it matters or if someone brought this up already, but when you have the CSS set to "stacked", the character icons get larger. I took a look at it there, and it looks like Cheese Pizza #5 would make it a perfect rectangle in this way. Also, without downsizing it to fit more slots (like it does when the "separate" option is selected, the "stacked" screen shows room for 6 more fighters afterwards. I did the math, and, if we were to downsize the "stacked" screen, it would have much more room for additional fighters than the "separate" screen does. My screenshots will be down below. What I think will happen is that we're getting at least six more DLC fighters. While we could get plenty more, especially since someone modded the CSS to its current maximum (CP#5 + 10 Slots), only time will tell.
took me a little while since I've got 16GB of canned bread videos on my SD card.
Anyways, this is under the "stacked" option...
2019113016312000-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

...and this is under the "separate" option.
2019113016321900-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg
Anyways, who are you guys thinking is likely at this point? Who do you guys want? Are there any characters that fit both criteria for you?
Characters that aren't my favorites, but I think are likely:
  • Travis
  • Crash
  • Lloyd
  • Hayabusa
  • Heihachi
  • Kratos
  • ASTRAL CHAIN guy
Characters I want, but don't think are particularly likely:
  • Dante
  • Noctis
  • PaRappa
  • Master Chief
  • Amigo (from Samba De Amigo)
  • Scorpion
  • Dig Dug
  • Some good online smh
Characters that I want and think are likely:
  • Doomguy
  • Arle
  • Byleth
  • Sora
  • Porky
Oh, and one more thing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that this is the list of fighters that, for Cheese Pizza #5, are out of the race because of last week, as well as other info shared previously..
  • Hakurei Reimu (maybe; I'm unsure about that one (Also, did I get her name right?))
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Lloyd Irving
  • Gordon Freeman
  • Scorpion
  • Dante
  • Tracer
  • Geno
  • NicoOlivia003
  • Doomguy
  • RESIDENT EVIL guy
  • Anyone from Bandai Namco
  • Anyone from Level-5
  • Anyone from Ubisoft
  • Anyone from Falcom
  • Anyone related to Nippon
Hey, anybody think it's been suspciously long without a Family Guy rep?

Hmm...
Dude, I think you missed the spirit event. Meg is out of the running.
I'm laughing so hard rn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzA6kMTbUQI
While I think this makes characters I've been speculating (Sora, Arle, or Travis) more likely in my opinion, I don't think that they're locks. Who knows? Any of them could be shot down at any time, especially since, while there's more fighters on the way, there's only one slot in the Fighters Pass left.
I can't imagine how people would react if Nintendo's big Game Awards reveal wound up being that Byleth from Fire Emblem: Three Houses is the fifth DLC character for Smash Bros. Ultimate.
I'd like the inclusion of Byleth, but find them weird that they're fighter #5, especially since previous packs have been 3rd party.
Were all sleeping on our beautiful boy.
View attachment 249083
That reminds me of Spongebob.
"Jane" was supposed to have a ponytail, right? Arle has a ponytail.

"Jane" was also said to be connected to Joker in some way, correct? Both Joker and Arle are owned by Sega.

"Jane" being FP5 could possibly mean one thing...

View attachment 249175Arle confirmed!

I'm joking, obviously.
Haha wouldn't it be funny if some guy took this seriously?
Hourly reminder to stay hydrated

View attachment 249176
You either drink or you die..
Thanks for the concern, but it's 4:24AM where I'm at.

(Hoping that joke doesn't completely fall flat)
I use Pacific Standard Time.
Fighter 5 will be the Trojan Caterpillar Pokémon from Sword&Shield.

It could also be Dracovish. My totally-not-made-up source wasn’t sure.
Nah, it's gonna be Toxitricity or something.
If I were to say anything, it's that the final character will be quite the niche character and not the "uber"-level hype characters a la Master Chief.
I just think it'll be an out-of-field pick. Someone that wasn't given much attention during the discussion here.
Yeah, about that...
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78197649?jumpto=14#14
"On the topic of niche, I can tell you another character that the next Smash DLC fighter isn't."
Yikes!
All we had in those days was the march to E3. A slow, painful, agonizing march full of fighting for 6 months
That was kind of fun though. At least there was something to dread getting in, but I can't quite put my finger on it... hmm...
Does anyone suspect that the supposed last fighter of the pass is actually a post-pass fighter?
I don't...
The official Spirit is "Zacian and Zamazenta".
Where's Zamarioh? Get it? Because "amarillo" is Spanish for yellow and yellow's a primary color like cyan and magenta?
Tumbleweed01.gif

I'll shut up now.

I think having a second Mario with a unique moveset would be a cool idea too. What do you guys think about that?

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
It must be Reimu. Only she had this kind of leak bull****. I haven’t ever heard of any ridiculous leaks with Ace attorney, Sakura, or Sora. Hell, Disney would probably kill the people who potentially leak that guy with fake car accidents.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
it's still ticking down and people still haven't figured out it's porky?

eventually, brothers. eventually they'll figure it out. :4pacman:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Oh, neat. That's another interesting thing to wake up to. . . though I have to wonder about Vergeben's sleeping habits, considering that he's also German and posted that kill at 3 AM in the morning. Guess at this point it really just comes down to a first-party, Capcom, or something entirely unexpected.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
You're reading that wrong. The "niche" part is referring to the following sentence, not the words preceding it. Understandable to get confused though as it's worded weirdly.

A niche character in general is not out of the running, just a NIS pick.
Touhou is also independent from NIS. That should be kept in mind.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So Bamco and Level 5 are gone for FP5 eh? ArcSys is still living
View attachment 249190
Can't wait for GG to get revealed at the Game Awards...or it's just my intuitive mind thinking.

Oh, neat. That's another interesting thing to wake up to. . . though I have to wonder about Vergeben's sleeping habits, considering that he's also German and posted that kill at 3 AM in the morning. Guess at this point it really just comes down to a first-party, Capcom, or something entirely unexpected.
I'm betting more on the latter part, since all the major companies got deconfirms.

D

Deleted member

You say that as a joke but remember, Strive's next trailer is January so if we see Guilty Gear at the Game Awards, Sol win
Got you fam. Also, is Strive coming out on Steam? Because I'm planning to buy a more advanced gaming laptop other than the 10-year old piece of rust that I have right now. Should it be on Steam, then I'm buying it to complement my purchase of KoF XIV (or XV) and Tekken 7.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Got you fam. Also, is Strive coming out on Steam? Because I'm planning to buy a more advanced gaming laptop other than the 10-year old piece of rust that I have right now. Should it be on Steam, then I'm buying it to complement my purchase of KoF XIV (or XV) and Tekken 7.
We don't know, all we have so far is the PS4 version but Daisuke said it won't be an exclusive, so we need to wait on the info there. I can see a Switch port happening considering how DBFZ could work on it and I believe Granblue VS being on Switch but as of yet we don't know

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I never thought I'd say this.
Reimu is the ****ing frontrunner.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I never thought I'd say this.
Reimu is the ****ing frontrunner.
Is she?

I might've missed something important but just because she didn't get disconfirmed doesn't mean she is more likely than any other character.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Is she?

I might've missed something important but just because she didn't get disconfirmed doesn't mean she is more likely than any other character.
Leaks that haven't been debunked.
She's a survivor, knock on wood.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Both the doujin and the cat leak are dubious at best. Not raining on your parade but Reimu, while being one of th few characters that are left, is still unlikely all things considered.

Keep your expectations low and disappointment can be avoided.

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Just want to say that even after the Bamco deconfirmation, even the Reimu support thread isn’t jumping to “she’s a lock, guys!” so I wouldn’t call her guaranteed FP5 yet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Both the doujin and the cat leak are dubious at best. Not raining on your parade but Reimu, while being one of th few characters that are left, is still unlikely all things considered.

Keep your expectations low and disappointment can be avoided.
Who knows, maybe some surprises for Nintendo fans.

Ben Holt Ben Holt this quote was the first thing in my head when I had all this intel

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Can't wait for GG to get revealed at the Game Awards...or it's just my intuitive mind thinking.

I'm betting more on the latter part, since all the major companies got deconfirms.
In this situation, I can’t help but think back on this:
484405C2-76FB-4301-9975-88A4565290F4.jpeg
It just irks so damn much. This thing is really odd and it doesn’t help when this post also exist:
1575192958184.jpeg

I don’t know what the **** is going on. The one thing I do know is something isn’t right. What if the leaked fighter was indeed Reimu and the sources only ASSUMED she was the fifth fighter? Mixing up the line up of dlc fighters is ridiculously common with the official sources.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Just want to say that even after the Bamco deconfirmation, even the Reimu support thread isn’t jumping to “she’s a lock, guys!” so I wouldn’t call her guaranteed FP5 yet.
I never said guaranteed. Just the frontrunner.
Though last week, Lloyd was the frontrunner.

Who knows, maybe some surprises for Nintendo fans.

Ben Holt Ben Holt this quote was the first thing in my head when I had all this intel
Is that a reference to when Bethesda said that Doom had something special for Nintendo fans?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
But if Vergeben's info is accurate, that deconfirms the 2nd cat leak, doesn't it? Which hinders the case for Reimu.

Without it, it's just the doujin music stuff, right?

D

Deleted member

I never said guaranteed. Just the frontrunner.
Though last week, Lloyd was the frontrunner.

Is that a reference to when Bethesda said that Doom had something special for Nintendo fans?
Obvious ba? Of course I know that. I am updated after all.

But if Vergeben's info is accurate, that deconfirms the 2nd cat leak, doesn't it? Which hinders the case for Reimu.

As much as I want to believe the doujin leak, the Touhou fan community's constant production of fangames makes it kinda suspicious that they could be making music for another game.

BlackInk

Smash Lord

Not exactly. Leakers can reveal fighters, they don’t reveal line ups. The thing that confirms a leak is an official reveal from Nintendo themselves.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
The remaining thing for the cat leak is people speculating if just the order got mixed up. Grasping at straws in my opinion.

Reimu slaughters everyone!
Fortune teller had it coming. He should have come back as a cute girl but made the mistake coming back as male. He had to be vanquished. Can't have that in a christian Touhou manga.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
and then the world crumbles as byleth von fire emblem joins smash brothers using his epic blade: the snake sword from soul calibur

1575194258644.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom