• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Thanks

As much as I want to believe the doujin leak, the Touhou fan community's constant production of fangames makes it kinda suspicious that they could be making music for another game.
Yeah I mean it's a 5ch leak. That's not exactly strong evidence.

Not exactly. Leakers can reveal fighters, they don’t reveal line ups. The thing that confirms a leak is an official reveal from Nintendo themselves.
Leakers can reveal line-ups. Depends on the leak.

Sabi in a nutshell:
View attachment 249194
With more leaks ruining the hype, I'm gonna be unimpressed.
Well at least Sabi doesn't think highly of themselves.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
The remaining thing for the cat leak is people speculating if just the order got mixed up. Grasping at straws in my opinion.

Fortune teller had it coming. He should have come back as a cute girl but made the mistake coming back as male. He had to be vanquished. Can't have that in a christian Touhou manga.
I think it’s grasping at straws to say they leaked the right fighter for sure. They legitimately only got Terry 100% right because Nintendo ****ed up. In this circumstance, they are getting the final fighter so easily that something must be extremely fishy.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I think it’s grasping at straws to say they leaked the right fighter for sure. They legitimately only got Terry 100% right because Nintendo ****ed up. In this circumstance, they are getting the final fighter so easily that something must be extremely fishy.
Hmst, I smell a smelly smell...

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Reimu slaughters everyone!
Eh... That scene is honestly what kind of put me off of the series for a long while, and I'm still kind of marginal on it even now.

It's like seeing the Pokemon world as depicted in the more recent Pokedex entries... I no longer wish to be a part of that world.

Fun things should be fun, dammit.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
For me, the doubt stems from trying to understand the decisions of the developers and how the leaks have been so damn weird than before.
Well, as I stated earlier, the law of compound probability is on your side if you give any given Sabi or Vergeben leak 90% probability.
The chance of all 14 deconfirmations being true is only 23%.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Funny thing about Reimu is that it would explain the overall silence from those that do know who the character is. If it is Reimu that likely means that literally the only people in America who know who it is would be higher ups at Nintendo and those directly involved in the localization and testing of the game. It's inherently a small amount of people that are easy to track until said character is about to be revealed.

But, that's my two cents on the matter, even if it is an outcome I want.

D

Deleted member

Well, as I stated earlier, the law of compound probability is on your side if you give any given Sabi or Vergeben leak 90% probability.
The chance of all 14 deconfirmations being true is only 23%.
Even so, it's still a hefty 23%, meaning that both leakers can be wrong. 23 is still 23.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Funny thing about Reimu is that it would explain the overall silence from those that do know who the character is. If it is Reimu that likely means that literally the only people in America who know who it is would be higher ups at Nintendo and those directly involved in the localization and testing of the game. It's inherently a small amount of people that are easy to track until said character is about to be revealed.

But, that's my two cents on the matter, even if it is an outcome I want.
Reimu is also a very fragile character who doesn’t even have an experienced company to protect her. No one at capcom, Disney, or any other company will let this leak **** slide so easily.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the more deconfirms we get the less likely I hold them to be true. One of the insiders just has to lie for one character to avoid trouble and any speculations becomes meaningsless. (which it already is, kinda)
Which, in turn, would make the leaker lose face until the next character is announced without reveal. Then we follow their words again like the cattle we are. :x

Eh... That scene is honestly what kind of put me off of the series for a long while, and I'm still kind of marginal on it even now.

It's like seeing the Pokemon world as depicted in the more recent Pokedex entries... I no longer wish to be a part of that world.

Fun things should be fun, dammit.
I mean, Touhou is basically 99% cute girls having fun. Some of the background stuff can be grotesque but is also kept pretty vague and generally never directly shown, only hinted at. But it is there.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Yeah, the more deconfirms we get the less likely I hold them to be true. One of the insiders just has to lie for one character to avoid trouble and any speculations becomes meaningsless. (which it already is, kinda)
Which, in turn, would make the leaker lose face until the next character is announced without reveal. Then we follow their words again like the cattle we are. :x
I don't think anyone is lying. Sabi nor Verge are looking for a credibility hit and their sources are ones they've had for a while to the point I don't think they would lie to them. If they were interested in lying to them, they'd be told a character that isn't FP5 rather than this song and dance we currently find ourselves in.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Just woke up and found out that Sabi told people Vergeben deconfirmed Namco and Level 5 games. Just gotta wait for Capcom to go away and things are going to get real interesting.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Geez, what happened to get 20 pages? Don't tell me Vergw deconfirms spawned that much discussion.

D

Deleted member

I mean, Touhou is basically 99% cute girls having fun. Some of the background stuff can be grotesque but is also kept pretty vague and generally never directly shown, only hinted at. But it is there.
It's an indie bullet hell game. It will be fun!

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I don't think anyone is lying. Sabi nor Verge are looking for a credibility hit and their sources are ones they've had for a while to the point I don't think they would lie to them. If they were interested in lying to them, they'd be told a character that isn't FP5 rather than this song and dance we currently find ourselves in.
You know what will piss me off... imagine if the sources did this atlus and Monoloith soft f u! That may not make any sense for the average person. What I’m implying is that they consider the character like Joker as a rep for Atlus and they consider a character like Kosmos a rep for Monoloith Soft, cause both companies are weird in regards to the ownership of their larger respective companies. Monolith basically went through three different companies and still to this day Kosmos is tied to them more instead of Namco, despite the legal stuff.

I’m not saying this is how things are. I’m saying I can see them being this much of a misleading ****. If they doing things this way, I swear to god I hope they are ****ing 100% wrong about the character. I don’t care if it makes me right or ****, it’s a **** move.

Last edited:

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I can't help but have this bad feeling that FP5 is going to be someone disappointing to the general smash fanbase. Everyone expecting a bombshell third party character then it turns out to be a C-list first party character.

Maybe it's really Giant Horse after all.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I can't help but have this bad feeling that FP5 is going to be someone disappointing to the general smash fanbase. Everyone expecting a bombshell third party character then it turns out to be a C-list first party character.

This is something I've been saying for quite awhile now.

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't matter who it is, disappointment can't be avoided. Can't please everybody.
Pretty sure that of every fanbase, some people will be disgruntled and pretty vocal about their disappointment due to build up hype. Be it Touhou, Ace Attorney or whatever is still left.

Have Giana Sisters been outruled yet? I'm all in on that bet.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Who's this "Giant Horse"?

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Who's this "Giant Horse"?
The Giant Horse from Breath of the Wild. I referenced it as a dark horse joke pages ago, but now I am using it as symbolic of the hypothetical first party character who shatters all hopes and dreams of a third party character as FP5.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
The Giant Horse from Breath of the Wild. I referenced it as a dark horse joke pages ago, but now I am using it as symbolic of the hypothetical first party character who shatters all hopes and dreams of a third party character as FP5.
Ah yes... would main Giant Horse if it was in Ultimate as a fighter.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm legit surprised no one has mentioned the Dragonborn yet. You would think people would take more notice on one of the games that were shown on the reveal trailer of the Nintendo Switch.

BlackInk

Smash Lord

I’m hoping to god it’s a Little girl, the world’s most ****able lawyer, an old hag, or the Disney boi. Anyone of them will be decent choices.

Wait... Something about odd gender... no damn connections... is it possible...

Wait... is it possible...

1575201944348.jpeg

No... it can’t be... it’s just dream. A surprising, goofy, dream. Nah. It’s not possible. They reduce the indies into spirits and trophies, how can he be any different?

Last edited:

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
I'm legit surprised no one has mentioned the Dragonborn yet. You would think people would take more notice on one of the games that were shown on the reveal trailer of the Nintendo Switch.
Yeah I feel this could easily be a sleeper pick. afterall one of the main reasons Doom Slayer got alot off support speculation wise, was that Nintendo and Bethesda did have discussions regarding Smash.

It would also fit in with how the first Fighters Pass was designed in the first place and that is that the character pool came from the early switch days.

Hero is basically a stealth promotion for DQ11, which was the first Switch title to be announced to be in development when the Switch was still Code named NX

The SNK games where released very early on the Switch's life on the Eshop and sold really well, which leads to Terry Bogard

Banjo offcourse made it because of major fandemand (Ridley and K.rool tier of demand), but Microsoft did support the Switch with some of their previous exclusive indy titles like Ori and Cuphead

Joker is the only weird case I guess, but I guess he could have been chosen because at this point he is Atlus's Cloud and Shin Megami Tensei has huge Nintendo history. (Fandemand perhaps is a reason to, because Persona 5 has become huge)

Skyrim was one the first games to be announced to be ported to Switch to show off the strenght of the console, so it fits perfectly well with how Nintendo potentially decided the DLC list and unlike Doom, I believe the Japanese atleast like or are familiar with the Elder Scrolls games.

As far as I known the Cacodemon Mii costumes have yet to be deconfirmed to, so maybe that costume is part of a Bethesda pack?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So anything happen since Factor 5 and Namco were shot down?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Yeah I feel this could easily be a sleeper pick. afterall one of the main reasons Doom Slayer got alot off support speculation wise, was that Nintendo and Bethesda did have discussions regarding Smash.

It would also fit in with how the first Fighters Pass was designed in the first place and that is that the character pool came from the early switch days.

Hero is basically a stealth promotion for DQ11, which was the first Switch title to be announced to be in development when the Switch was still Code named NX

The SNK games where released very early on the Switch's life on the Eshop and sold really well, which leads to Terry Bogard

Banjo offcourse made it because of major fandemand (Ridley and K.rool tier of demand), but Microsoft did support the Switch with some of their previous exclusive indy titles like Ori and Cuphead

Joker is the only weird case I guess, but I guess he could have been chosen because at this point he is Atlus's Cloud and Shin Megami Tensei has huge Nintendo history. (Fandemand perhaps is a reason to, because Persona 5 has become huge)

Skyrim was one the first games to be announced to be ported to Switch to show off the strenght of the console, so it fits perfectly well with how Nintendo potentially decided the DLC list and unlike Doom, I believe the Japanese atleast like or are familiar with the Elder Scrolls games.

As far as I known the Cacodemon Mii costumes have yet to be deconfirmed to, so maybe that costume is part of a Bethesda pack?
The Cacodemon Mii costume was said to not be related to who FP5 is, which removes Doom Slayer out of the equation and leaves the Dragonborn with no competition in Bethesda. Speaking of Japan, I found this interesting bit of information that says Skyrim is the first Western game to get a perfect score at Famitsu. I think the Japanese do know of the series, hell I think everyone in the world with a slight interest in gaming would know about this gargantuan franchise. The Elder Scrolls series has a strong legacy that impacted the open world RPG genre, and if we're speaking of origins then the first Elder Scrolls game was released like four months after the original Doom. The series reached the mainstream with Skyrim and is Bethesda's flagship title. I seriously don't get how people ignore this character pick with how ridiculously big it is.

With that said I would love to see Dragonborn in Smash, the different alts could be the different races in the Elder Scrolls series like the Khajiit, Dunmer, and Argonian. Plus imagine Kirby shouting Fus Ro Dah.

BlackInk

Smash Lord

Weirdly, Hollow Knight fits into this category. They are one of the most popular indie titles on the switch and those kinds of games are indirectly responsible for growing its audience so drastically. What I just noticed about Hollow Knight is their odd bias towards the switch itself. The original game was released for almost all consoles and now the switch is now the only console for Silk Song: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pFAknD_9U7c
They given it a huge amount of gameplay in the same announcement event of Banjo and Hero: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8lvHT_IQbM
I doubt it means jack.

Last edited:

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
I’m hoping to god it’s a Little girl, the world’s most ****able lawyer, an old hag, or the Disney boi. Anyone of them will be decent choices.

View attachment 249203

No... it can’t be... it’s just dream. A surprising, goofy, dream. Nah. It’s not possible. They reduce the indies into spirits and trophies, how can he be any different?
Hey, at this point, anything's possible. I've been suspecting it could be an indie for the reasons you mention. Seemingly no connections, a gender that's can't be revealed (perhaps because it's neither male nor female, which is something you see more with indies than with mainstream games)...

...even if it's not #5, it's only a matter of time before an indie franchise of some sort breaks out of the spirit/assist/mii hell pit. And with how dang mysterious #5 is (and how both Sakurai and the leakers' sources seem to emphasize that very few people know who the character is yet within the industry)... it could be them.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I too think Dragonborn is a likely candidate, because if Todd Howard has the chance to sneak “Buy Skyrim” into the largest video game crossover of all time, he will absolutely make it so.

Trying to brace myself for Sora because he’s getting more and more likely but I just can’t deal with those clown shoes

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Hey, at this point, anything's possible. I've been suspecting it could be an indie for the reasons you mention. Seemingly no connections, a gender that's can't be revealed (perhaps because it's neither male nor female, which is something you see more with indies than with mainstream games)...

...even if it's not #5, it's only a matter of time before an indie franchise of some sort breaks out of the spirit/assist/mii hell pit. And with how dang mysterious #5 is (and how both Sakurai and the leakers' sources seem to emphasize that very few people know who the character is yet within the industry)... it could be them.
I honestly can’t breathe from the idea of it...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

View attachment 249203

This would be the dream, but needless to say it's hard to imagine it happening, if even Shovel Knight or Sans can't make it I doubt any indie character will, and even beyond those two I imagine Shantae and Quote would be higher up the list than The Knight. I'd love if Hollow Knight gets any kind of representation at all though, other than Ultimate it's my favorite game of the decade, so even if it would just be a single Spirit I'd be over the moon.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
This would be the dream, but needless to say it's hard to imagine it happening, if even Shovel Knight or Sans can't make it I doubt any indie character will, and even beyond those two I imagine Shantae and Quote would be higher up the list than The Knight. I'd love if Hollow Knight gets any kind of representation at all though, other than Ultimate it's my favorite game of the decade, so even if it would just be a single Spirit I'd be over the moon.
With the Knight there is an everlasting abyss of dread. Reimu practically kills him with her existence.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
so apparently, verg deconfirmed both Bamco and Level-5 for fighter 5?

This is definitely gonna be another Joker tier character in terms of unexpectedness

either that or somebody from Capcom, unless verg ends up shooting down that one too

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
If Dragonborn is the next fighter then guessing his classic mode boss battle is going to be the easiest thing ever.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
so apparently, verg deconfirmed both Bamco and Level-5 for fighter 5?

This is definitely gonna be another Joker tier character in terms of unexpectedness

either that or somebody from Capcom, unless verg ends up shooting down that one too
Capcom is definitely next. When few in the industry know, the company must be ridiculously small. My god. That’s what they mean! It was a riddle and they played us like a fiddle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom