• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
One other darkhorse character it could be is Saber aka King Arthur rule 63 from the Stay Fate series. Stuff from Nintendo's visual novels are in as spirits and the like so she should count.
I like Fate, but I prefer not to start "DID YOU KNOW FATE HAD SEX SCENES?!,?!?!" talk again.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I like Fate, but I prefer not to open a "DID YOU KNOW FATE HAD SEX SCENES?!,?!?!" talk again.
That's just the nature of the internet.

If I say Pyra's name the debate on whether she's age appropriate for Smash will start again, even after CERO OKed her and made her sister put on some tights.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
One other darkhorse character it could be is Saber aka King Arthur rule 63 from the Stay Fate series. Stuff from Nintendo's visual novels are in as spirits and the like so she should count.
I haven't played any Fate games, but I'd be fine with Saber.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
One thing I think too many people are quick to rule out is the possibility of a company double-dipping in this pass.

Not saying it'll happen, but there's a decent chance the new character is from Sega, SE, or even Microsoft. If Nintendo negotiated for one character, they may have tried negotiating for a second while they were there.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
One thing I think too many people are quick to rule out is the possibility of a company double-dipping in this pass.

Not saying it'll happen, but there's a decent chance the new character is from Sega, SE, or even Microsoft. If Nintendo negotiated for one character, they may have tried negotiating for a second while they were there.
Hell given Nintendo's and Microsoft's good relationship whose to say FP5 isn't Steve or Master Chief?

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster

That is quite a good point which is why I don't think 2B would be that out there.

Maybe even Sephiroth just in time for FFVIIR

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Man, Saber is just so bland. If we get Fate stuff, I'd rather almost anyone else, even Mash.

Last edited:

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
I personally wouldn't mind Saber in as DLC. I do think Visual Novels should get someone repping the genre at some point and other than Fate, Ace Attorney and Danganronpa come to mind there.

It'd be nice if one of those three VNs got in as DLC later down the road. I'd welcome them with open arms.

though I wonder, if Saber were to get in if they'd restrict all the content to Stay Night or go through Extra, Apocrypha, Grand Order, etc etc for spirits and stage cameos if it were to happen.

Droodle

Smash Lord
I personally wouldn't mind Saber in as DLC. I do think Visual Novels should get someone repping the genre at some point and other than Fate, Ace Attorney and Danganronpa come to mind there.

It'd be nice if one of those three VNs got in as DLC later down the road. I'd welcome them with open arms.

though I wonder, if Saber were to get in if they'd restrict all the content to Stay Night or go through Extra, Apocrypha, Grand Order, etc etc for spirits and stage cameos if it were to happen.
The big thing with Saber (aside from her origins) is what would she even do in terms of moveset?

I think invisible sword would be a pretty annoying mechanic to deal with.

But besides that, all she has is basic sword swings and Excalibur beams.

M@R!3

Smash Ace
I wake up to +20 new pages and found out Bamco and Level-5 have been deconfirmed, that's an ouchie for me.
Also, I went to twitter and every single tweet mentioning these recent events are full of people replying "Yeah, Sora is in".
WHY.
While circumstances appear to be lining up in Sora's favor, that's nothing but coincidence until I hear something concrete.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hell given Nintendo's and Microsoft's good relationship whose to say FP5 isn't Steve or Master Chief?
Both of them would make for great bait and switch trailers given how Halo Infinite is coming soon and there's been rumors of a Minecraft 2.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The big thing with Saber (aside from her origins) is what would she even do in terms of moveset?

I think invisible sword would be a pretty annoying mechanic to deal with.

But besides that, all she has is basic sword swings and Excalibur beams.
Invisible Air. Not only does it make her weapon invisible, but it can also be used for attacking with crushing wind pressures, rocket-propulsion burst movements and as a barrier.
https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Invisible_Air

And we don't have a fighter that has a moveset with wind and wind pressure.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
On the topic of visual novels I'm going to bring up Steins;Gate again. It's not the most conceivable option but the story is pretty damn good. Kurisu was also in a beat em up and fighting game.

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
On the topic of visual novels I'm going to bring up Steins;Gate again. It's not the most conceivable option but the story is pretty damn good. Kurisu was also in a beat em up and fighting game.

I made an Okabe support thread weeks ago and nobody replied to it so I assumed nobody on this site knew of it. Glad I am wrong.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335

note how no-one has deconfirmed microsoft double dipping for steve yet

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Dark Souls is owned by Namco Bandai. Verg shot them down last night unfortunately. I thought the same until that happened.
i'm pretty sure Dark Souls is owned by From Software. Bandai Namco is only responsible for the localization outside of Japan. From Software self pusblish it in Japan.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
i'm pretty sure Dark Souls is owned by From Software. Bandai Namco is only responsible for the localization outside of Japan. From Software self pusblish it in Japan.
Aren't they the Platinum to Namco's Nintendo in some cases, though? Isn't that how Elden Ring came to be or am I reading things wrong? Elden Ring leaked along with two other Namco games, as far as I remember it.

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
Imagine at the Game Awards the trailer starts with Segata Sanshiro telling you to play SEGA Saturn.
See... You? You get it.

Have Giana Sisters been outruled yet? I'm all in on that bet.
You get it too.
The BROTHERS are HISTORY.

Or James Sunderland. I'd love to hit people with a lead pipe and ask people if they've seen his dead wife as his taunt.
Asking people if they've seen someone is more Harry's thing. Kind of like Henry's is asking 'What... the Hell?" in every possible scenario.
James is more about being perpetually dejected/confused, stating the obvious, and sticking his hand in toilets.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Wait, EA isn't out of the running yet...

Does that mean...?

Is it possible...?

COULD ISAAC CLARKE FROM DEAD SPACE BE IN SMASH?!

Nah lol

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Everyone is out here talking about Capcom, Disney, Bethesda, and Reimu still in the running, but I feel like we're still sleeping on Arc System Works, who is somehow still alive.

D

Deleted member

Everyone is out here talking about Capcom, Disney, Bethesda, and Reimu still in the running, but I feel like we're still sleeping on Arc System Works, who is somehow still alive.
Tbh reimu dosent look like someone you reveal at a western game show

Ivander

Smash Legend
Or James Sunderland. I'd love to hit people with a lead pipe and ask people if they've seen his dead wife as his taunt.
That's Harry's thing about asking people if they have seen a little girl. James is more about being unconcerned for his hygiene.

Hexodus

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm all for at least discussing new things, we're so much in the dark that we might as well entertain the more out there possibilities. I've been wrong about everything I've been predicting for #5, so I'm not going to pretend like I've got a good grasp on what the hell is going on haha.

If something like a Hollow Knight character were to happen, I think it'd have a lot to do with Nintendo pushing it over other indie titles, they've done a lot to promote Silksong by bringing demos to conventions as well as showcasing it during the E3 Treehouse (and clearly having a lot of inside knowledge of it beyond what they showcased), so I get the feeling that they have a lot of respect for the series. That might just be a NoA/NoE thing though, and it's obviously going to be the higher ups in Japan who are the ones suggesting characters to Sakurai, but I suppose it's not impossible. It's also worth noting that it seems like the original game did decent in Japan, or at least well enough that the physical Collector's Edition was released there.
Yea! These are the same things I brought up a while back when I made some comments about the possibility of future Undertale content in smash... if you want to look at what indies are most likely to get into Smash, it probably helps to look at which indies get special treatment from Nintendo. The Switch has a lot of indie ports, but the ones that Nintendo pushes have an edge. (And, if it's a western indie property, doing at least least decently well in Japan certainly helps.)

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Steve and Rayman are who I'm rooting for, but there's not much else after them that piques my interest that hasn't already been deconfirmed by Verge/Sabi.

Well, unless Sakurai starts adding non-Echo fighters to preexisting third-party franchises like Sonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom