• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 5 - Game Over! Who lives happily ever after in Newbieland?!

D

Deleted member

@Clownbot: That's a really good idea. I'll also look over Mayling's post to see if I can find anything as well.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think today we should probably work on eliminating either TWILT, Frown or Fro,

tbqh, i didn't know Fro was in this game.

However the fact that mayling did not vote for twilt even upon casting suspicion his way is very telling for me.

Vote Twilt

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
@Fan: I really don't think Hawk is mafia, maybe a werewolve, but probably not mafia. Mayling tried to get Hawk lynched, under the accusation that there might be a link between him and McFox. However, we now know that there couldn't of been any link between them, and since Mayling ended up being Mafia, we can now assume that Hawk probably isn't Mafia. After night one, I doubt even more that Hawk is scum.

I do think that Hawk has been acting VERY scummy, but I also think that it's too good to be true. I just can't believe that scum would really act that scummy.

FoS Hawk

@Clownbot: Trying to single out the last remaining mafia member is a great idea. I would be careful going about it the way that you are, though. It is true that Mayling defended Twilt and didn't even cast a vote on him although she suspected him, but a lot of people have been doing that in this thread. Fan has been throwing out FoS's left and right without actually placing a vote, a lot of us have simply stated suspicion for KevinM, ect. Also, Mayling did defend Rocket, who did end up being a townie.

Now anyways, speaking of KevinM. . .

@KevinM: That is an ultimate example of skimming. Twilt has dropped out of this game a LONG time ago. Also, to not even know that Hawk has joined into this game is very telling.

I'm feeling Frown and KevinM the most right now. Frown seems to only pop in when he's mentioned, I don't want to just let him slide by and let us self-destruct. KevinM, on the other hand, seems to be very uncaring towards the town, and when he does act seem to actually contribute he can come off as scummy. So. . .

Vote KevinM

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
*shrugs* Who replaced Twilt, It seems like half the players aren't playing this game.

Vote Twilts replacement: SRB

Better?

Has he posted in the last year?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
To not know that TWILT got replaced, to not know Frohawk was in this game, and to complain about activity while not really fostering any yourself?

Vote: KevinM

Also seemed to jump on raptor a bit too eagerly. /contrived

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
In all defense, a lot of the people in this game are lurking. If you're asking me to name all players, I guarantee you I wouldn't be able to and probably name some that dropped out at the last day of the Day.

As for who I'd see being lynched? I think Frown is a pretty eligable candidate. When have you posted anything near constructive or made a well-supported vote. Looks like you're only half-*** caring about this game.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
I think today we should probably work on eliminating either TWILT, Frown or Fro,

tbqh, i didn't know Fro was in this game.

However the fact that mayling did not vote for twilt even upon casting suspicion his way is very telling for me.

Vote Twilt
I'm not too comfortable with lynching frown right now.

I don't think kevinM has acted scummy at all until his last couple post. besides the obvious skimming he's seemed ok to me. I could easily see him being scum though because the substance of his posts are very little. I can imagine scum wouldn't want to come off as the more pro-town players being that's who the other faction would target for the night kill, so by not posting much he is avoiding being night killed by the other faction but posting just enough to avoid being lynched. I dont like it and I dont think you should be able to skim like that and not post **** and still point fingers at others for doing the same thing.

KEVIN M

I'm pretty sure mayling said that she read twilt as an uncaring townie before she tried to push suspiscion on him also, so I dont really get how you would think it tied her to me...

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.

I don't think kevinM has acted scummy at all until his last couple post. besides the obvious skimming he's seemed ok to me. I could easily see him being scum though because the substance of his posts are very little. I can imagine scum wouldn't want to come off as the more pro-town players being that's who the other faction would target for the night kill, so by not posting much he is avoiding being night killed by the other faction but posting just enough to avoid being lynched. I dont like it and I dont think you should be able to skim like that and not post **** and still point fingers at others for doing the same thing.

KEVIN M

I'm pretty sure mayling said that she read twilt as an uncaring townie before she tried to push suspiscion on him also, so I dont really get how you would think it tied her to me...
Agreed. The only thing that worries me is that McFox said quite awhile ago that KevinM usually plays like this. Still, though, I'm getting some bad vibes from KevinM, so my vote remains with him.

Also, why do you not want to lynch Frown?

Also, KEVIN M what? >.>

D

Deleted member

I wouldn't really go for KevinM just quite yet. Whlie he hasn't posted in a few days, he did mention that he was going to be V/LA until yesterday or today, so I wouldn't place a vote yet. However, I do agree that KevinM should not have voted someone without realizing that TWILT has already been replaced, although he did correct his mistake.

FoS: KevinM

I haven't gotten the time to read the thread yet. School got started up again after Spring Break today and I have homework to do, so I'll have to re-read Mayling's post later.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
What a useless wagon.

Agreed with Guus, I couldn't name half of the players in this game right now due to hardcore lurking.

Kirb, don't like how you twisted what I meant about Fro, I didn't know he was in this game was me overstating the fact that i haven't seen him post ONCE.

Also really like how SRB came back to post in the blue moon, and plopped what I THINK, is a vote on what appears to be a nice easy bandwagon.

Lurks for three years
Comes back with an Omgus on what appears to be an easy bandwagon.
Defends himself with Mayling said "uncaring townie" as if scum's words are something we should live by.

Honestly super scumbrothers.

Kirb you're either dumb or just don't feel like playing this game.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer

KEVIN M

Also like how he seemingly digs into the mafia metagame in the bolded section

Why exactly would mafia/wolves want to kill of the pro town players and not the other night kill faction whom poses an immediate threat to them on every night?

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
ummm.... kay. couple things.

Also really like how SRB came back to post in the blue moon, and plopped what I THINK, is a vote on what appears to be a nice easy bandwagon.

Lurks for three years
Comes back with an Omgus on what appears to be an easy bandwagon.
I have been posting regularly since i got here. I DID sub in you know. just because you've skimmed and didn't even know I replaced TWILT dosen't mean I've been lurking.

also, who is hardcore lurking?? activity seems fine to me (aside from frown and fro) but compared to other games I've played in this one is pretty active. by complaining about how bad everyone is lurking in all of your posts, you take up useless space that could have been used to help find scum. it's anti-town.

Defends himself with Mayling said "uncaring townie" as if scum's words are something we should live by.
that's not what I said at all. I just said she defended TWILT before pushing suspiscion on him (not at the same time which is why I thought you were voting for me.)

Kirb you're either dumb or just don't feel like playing this game.
that's rude. I totally agree with her. just because you don't like what someone brought to the table isn't an excuse to call someone dumb. "ur dumb" isn't a defense either, it's just a way of degrading her argument without having to post a legitimate defense, which is also anti-town

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
First off, raptor, I'm a him >.> I just found a pic of a cute chick to put as my avy. I think it's actually Taylor Swift. Good actress, horrible singer. But that's a different discussion for a different thread.

Second, you need to post votes with "Vote:" in front of it, THEN the person's name, all bolded.

Third, this game has not been as active as a typical SWF game. Usually, I'll go to bed, and in the morning there will be 3 new pages of posts for me to read. I can definitely see how Kevin could be frustrated with the level of activity. What's scummy about it is that he's not really doing anything himself in the way of getting people to post, just *****ing about how they're not.

Fourth, has anyone realized that Mayling had to have been in on killing McFox? If I have my games straight, he seemed to really trust her, so why would she kill him? Who else had motive? Anyone can answer.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
First off, raptor, I'm a him >.> I just found a pic of a cute chick to put as my avy. I think it's actually Taylor Swift. Good actress, horrible singer. But that's a different discussion for a different thread.

Second, you need to post votes with "Vote:" in front of it, THEN the person's name, all bolded.

Third, this game has not been as active as a typical SWF game. Usually, I'll go to bed, and in the morning there will be 3 new pages of posts for me to read. I can definitely see how Kevin could be frustrated with the level of activity. What's scummy about it is that he's not really doing anything himself in the way of getting people to post, just *****ing about how they're not.

Fourth, has anyone realized that Mayling had to have been in on killing McFox? If I have my games straight, he seemed to really trust her, so why would she kill him? Who else had motive? Anyone can answer.
lol sorry. my mistake, MISTER kirbyoshi :)

and thanks VOTE KEVINM we have to make it red where I come from. I dont usually play on swf.

and yeah, mayling's group had to kill mcfox as her scum group would not have killed HER, so we know mafia killed mcfox and werewolves killed mayling. mayling probably targeted mcfox because she legitimately thought he was a werewolf. maybe based on her argument about him and frohawk being alligned. he was also a very active townie and scum hunter so it's only natural for the mafia to kill who is the most likely to discover them and get them lynched. her partner is probably someone who has been lurking or skimming or didn't have opinions on who was a werewolf because it looks like mayling made the kill decision for the two of them.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for March 29, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 5/9 to lynch!

Day 2 Vote Count 1:
Clownbot: (0)
Frown: guus (:grrr:)
guus: (0)
KevinM: Sworddancer., Kirbyoshi, soaring-raptor-blast (:grrr: :grrr: :grrr:)
Super Smash Bros. Fan: (0)
Sworddancer.: (0)
xxFrohawkxx: Super Smash Bros. Fan (:grrr:)
soaring-raptor-blast: KevinM (:grrr:)
Kirbyoshi: (0)

Not Voting: Clownbot, Frown, xxFrohawkxx (:grrr: :grrr: :grrr:)

xxFrohawkxx

Smash Apprentice
Hold on here why are we attacking Kevin right now?

He might come off as scummy but quite frankly a quick bandwagon isn't gonna make this game any easier.

As for Kirbz and Soaring Ideas for Mayling >.> we got her out but we lost our main poke stick as a result.

We really need to find a bond between the Mafioso which is probably a lurker who just sits back and wait.

I also notice how guus votes for frown without any Backup or support besides the fact he hasn't said anything constructive. Maybe they are in a relationship ?

(I'm seeing the people who havn't vote Me,Frown,and Ownbot) >.> I dunno what the rest are waiting for.I'm looking for a good reason to vote.

It seems I could go for the quick lynch, or a better way to find scum. And I am not going to vote until we have some good "proof" against someone besides just bandwagoning.

D

Deleted member

@xxFrokhawkxx: Finally, you make a decent post. Nice job there. You're now offically unvoted.

Unvote

D

Deleted member

I researched Mayling's post and the closest match I could find was Sworddancer and I couldn't find much. Look at post #223.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Good defense man, please have this glass of OMGUS you used as well as your going back to lurking as soon as you aren't under the microscope/ their isn't a super easy bandwagon.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I also notice how guus votes for frown without any Backup or support besides the fact he hasn't said anything constructive. Maybe they are in a relationship ?
Maybe I really do want to get rid of the player that does nothing? Also, it's not really common for scum to leave ANY links to another, be it attacking/voting him or agreeing with him.

And oh wow, I forgot there were 2 nightkills, I thought Mayling and McFox were lovers in the way they were acting and all in this thread and how they were buried beside each other. Then I realized this was an open setup and what I thought was stupid.

Anyhow, Frown seems to be TOO uncaring about this game to actually be scum (because that's usually the more interesting role to play :ohwell:) so I think I can unvote him now, but will probably push for a lynch on him if the rest of the day won't bring much concrete things. :urg:

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
Good defense man, please have this glass of OMGUS you used as well as your going back to lurking as soon as you aren't under the microscope/ their isn't a super easy bandwagon.
defend against... what? lol

and I had reasoning behind my vote. a big beautiful paragraph of it. and.. how am I lurking????? I posted at like 10 o'clock last night. :dizzy:

xxFrohawkxx

Smash Apprentice
@Kevin & Blast
Hey Cripple ******s! How about we get a good reason lynch instead of going at each others throat for no reason!

How about we go for the enemy, we were saying something about Sworddancer I really don't see anything scummish about him right now. Even though Mayling did defend him, Why would she not just do it for the "brownie points".?

As for suspects....well....>.>...ugh.....COME ON! Help me with this guys. I can't really find any thing new.

xxFrohawkxx

Smash Apprentice
EBWODP: Opps a said" Good reason lynch" Instead of a good reasoned lynch. >.> sorry about that.

Also I'm Keeping the Cripple ******s thing because that's what you two are acting liek!

D

Deleted member

@KevinM: You know, you could be a lot more helpful now. We have a ton of information going and from the start of Day 2, you have been on my watch. Now for my judgement on you.

First off, without bothering to read what you missed during V/LA, you voted TWILT, even thought he was already out.

And this might be just my opinion, but I don't think we should judge newcomers by the action of people they replaced. Now this may sound strange, but lets take a purpose who was purposefully being scummy and decided that just because he was one vote away that he would replace because he can't stand the thought of losing a Mafia game.

He gets a replacement to play the game for him. But before he even gets a chance to speak, BAM, he got hammered without getting the chance to post. And then we find out he was town, wouldn't you feel sorry for lynching a replacement that got lynched without voicing his opinion?

Now I understand that Soaring-Raptor-Blast has been in the game for awhile, but still, don't let the person who got replaced influence your posts on replacement. If he has been acting scummy on his own, then sure, go for it. But look, Soaring-Raptor-Blast hasn't really posted anything scummy and has contributed more then TWILTHERO.

In short, don't let actions of the old players completely influence the replacement.

Oh and I just found this:

KevinM said:
[Good defense man, please have this glass of OMGUS you used as well as your going back to lurking as soon as you aren't under the microscope/ their isn't a super easy bandwagon./QUOTE]

Yeah, really good post there (Sarcasm). That post was haliriously bad that I just had to push you to L-1.

Vote: KevinM

D

Deleted member

Sorry about the post mistake (Wish I could edit it), but here's the quote by KevinM I was responding too:

KevinM said:
[Good defense man, please have this glass of OMGUS you used as well as your going back to lurking as soon as you aren't under the microscope/ their isn't a super easy bandwagon.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Vote SSBF

Do not put someone at L-1 when we have almost an entire week of discussion left.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Terrible post SSBF, your whole reasoning is ridiculously shoddy.

I've pointed out why SRB is the correct lynch, considering Mayling not only "pressured" him but never actually voted him, as well as singling him out to say that he was noob town or whatever her terminology was.

He then defended it by saying no look she said i was ____ as if that is a good reason because scum has no reason to lie.

You keep saying I am skimming because I missed a replacement of someone whom from before I made a case on him had not posted anything of ANY substance and was basically just another *insert lurker here* from this game.

He then came back after being called out and made his parroted case and OMGUS voted me and no one found that weird.

Nope everyone is just spitting over the fact I didn't realize someone who was basically coasting up until now had been replaced by someone who then proceeded to COAST.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Raptor hasn't been coasting...what on earth are you even talking about?
His first introductory post came on

3/17

His next post came on

3/19

Where he said he had no notable suspects and didn't want to make a case.

It was a gigantic paragraph of fluff.

He posts again with a joke post which he tries to edit with a picture of a guy saying fabulous.

The reason we know about this edit.

HE POSTS AFTER THE DAY ENDS WITH

"aww I missed everything"

You know whats fun to do as scum, avoid all discussion for the day, you don't get any heat for mislynching a townie and you don't have to answer any questions cause HURR DA DURR the Day is over.

Kirb, are you reading the same game I am, because you've been in games where Macman doesn't post for 2-3 days at a time as both town and scum and called him out on megacoasting.

This guy does the same thing and you've vouched for him the whole time.

I feel like maybe i have different pages this is ridiculous.

His first two posts were spaced EXACTLY apart from the prod time, he just barely missed being prodded.

You want to tell me that doesn't seem odd, as if someone TOLD him to post to avoid being prodded?

As new scum he probably waited for someone to tell him what to say and knowing Mayling and her mindset on mafia, as well as how I treat newer scum, I tell them to ham it up and say they don't know where to go.

Which is exactly what SRB did.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for March 29, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 5/9 to lynch!

Day 2 Vote Count 2:
Clownbot: (0)
Frown: guus (:grrr:)
guus: (0)
KevinM: Sworddancer., Kirbyoshi, soaring-raptor-blast (:grrr: :grrr: :grrr:)
Super Smash Bros. Fan: Clownbot (:grrr:)
Sworddancer.: (0)
xxFrohawkxx: (0)
soaring-raptor-blast: KevinM (:grrr:)
Kirbyoshi: (0)

Not Voting: Frown, Super Smash Bros. Fan, xxFrohawkxx (:grrr: :grrr: :grrr:)

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
His first introductory post came on

3/17

His next post came on

3/19

Where he said he had no notable suspects and didn't want to make a case.

It was a gigantic paragraph of fluff.

He posts again with a joke post which he tries to edit with a picture of a guy saying fabulous.

The reason we know about this edit.

HE POSTS AFTER THE DAY ENDS WITH

"aww I missed everything"

You know whats fun to do as scum, avoid all discussion for the day, you don't get any heat for mislynching a townie and you don't have to answer any questions cause HURR DA DURR the Day is over.

Kirb, are you reading the same game I am, because you've been in games where Macman doesn't post for 2-3 days at a time as both town and scum and called him out on megacoasting.

This guy does the same thing and you've vouched for him the whole time.

I feel like maybe i have different pages this is ridiculous.

His first two posts were spaced EXACTLY apart from the prod time, he just barely missed being prodded.

You want to tell me that doesn't seem odd, as if someone TOLD him to post to avoid being prodded?

As new scum he probably waited for someone to tell him what to say and knowing Mayling and her mindset on mafia, as well as how I treat newer scum, I tell them to ham it up and say they don't know where to go.

Which is exactly what SRB did.
okay. that's better I guess.

I did miss posting on the 18th but I posted multiple times on the 19th to make up for it. I've been more active since my second post because I was on spring break last week (the 18th particularly, at the zoo and a party). now I'm not and I have more free time. I'm still posting all my thoughts which IMO is more beneficial then your occasional one-liners

since then I've been posting everyday, multiple times, so I fail to see how I'm coasting. if you want to say I coasted for that one day, then yeah, go for it.

another thing is I don't think I'm technically a n00b, so calling me new scum and saying I was waiting for someone to tell me what to do is a misguided assumption. Mayling and I got into playing mafia at the same time so I have been playing just as long as she has. granted she is still better than me, but I prefer not to be called "new". I wouldn't need coaching from mayling.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
You say I've made occasional one liners but I haven't seemed to make any as I've continued to build up a case, nor have I occasionally throughout the game. Just as I always play.

soaring-raptor-blast

Smash Rookie
You say I've made occasional one liners but I haven't seemed to make any as I've continued to build up a case, nor have I occasionally throughout the game. Just as I always play.
yeah, i know. it makes it very hard to get a read on you but I think mcfox already said you play like that so I figured as much. I think you're suspicious but I dont want a lynch until after we get a lot more chances for people to speak up, and if frown is still here by the the end of the Day (as in not replaced, modkilled, w/e) then I think we should probably lynch him. I never got scum vibes from him but at this point it doesn't look like he's coming back, and having a vote laying around that cant be used just makes majority harder to hit and the game harder to win.

until then I suggest we look at others

@Kevin & Blast
Hey Cripple ******s! How about we get a good reason lynch instead of going at each others throat for no reason!

How about we go for the enemy, we were saying something about Sworddancer I really don't see anything scummish about him right now. Even though Mayling did defend him, Why would she not just do it for the "brownie points".?

As for suspects....well....>.>...ugh.....COME ON! Help me with this guys. I can't really find any thing new.
there are a LOT of things that urked me about this post

1.) how do you know one of us isn't scum? they only way you would know kevinM and I weren't scum is if you were a werewolf or something. and even then you wouldn't know for sure one of us wasn't the other mafia.

2.) we have reasons for thinking the other is scum

3.) scum is found in this game by attacking each other and getting them to talk and defend themselves.it's how you build cases, keep discussion going, keep activity from dying, and how we get scum to reveal themselves through slip-ups or ****ty logic etc.. you seem to be VERY much against this discussion which is the most productive essence of the game. the way you seem to try and discourage anything from getting done makes you seem like scum. you tell us to stop attacking each other, yet bring no new suspects for anyone to look at, and even go as far as to ask other people to do it for you. that whole post was one big, "arrwwooooooooooo".

VOTE FROHAWK

If you aren't scum I suggest you at least pressure someone, try to build a case, or find some evidence in some post that you think only an anti-town person would say. it's the only way we will get anything done and if we don't do that we will just end up twiddling our thumbs and complaining that nothing is happening until the deadline smacks us in the face and we end up quicklynching a townie. don't discourage activity unless you want that.

Top Bottom