• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 5 - Game Over! Who lives happily ever after in Newbieland?!

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Ah yes, thanks for reminding me Clownbot.

Where I thought SSBF was coming from is that he thinks that it is more likely than not we have a wolfmason, and therefore, 2 people that that particular player at least used to be able to talk out of thread with. That player has/had to post things that would please both the other wolf AND the other mason. Therefore, the wolfmason would be more likely to post "outlandish" things. This no longer would apply to mafiamonks, because both monks are dead.
Okay that's a satisfying explanation, but it doesn't explain this:

SSBF said:
We all need to keep this in mind. It's not confirmed that there is an mason werewolf among us, but if Frohawk is an werewolf, chances are, he is also a mason who thinks that everyone is going to believe him and he can win the game with minimal effort. Lazy townies and especially lazy masons are unacceptable in the game.
I still don't understand what 'laziness' has to do with it, especially if the wolfmason would have to make "outlandish" posts.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Deadline has been set for April 2nd, 2010 11:59PM EST.

It's takes 4/6 to lynch!

Day 3 Vote Count 4:
Clownbot: (0)
guus: (0)
Super Smash Bros. Fan: Kirbyoshi, guus (:grrr: :grrr:)
Sworddancer.: (0)
xxFrohawkxx: Sworddancer.,Super Smash Bros. Fan (:grrr: :grrr:)
Kirbyoshi: (0)

Not Voting: Clownbot, xxFrohawkxx (:grrr: :grrr:)

D

Deleted member

@Sworddancer: Regarding that post, I'll try to clarify that.

It is possible for a wolfmason to be both "lazy" and "outlanish". Let's say that they aren't really active during the game and when they do post, the posting isn't very good. It's almost like they don't even try.

So yeah, you can put them together.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Here's what I think;

AT LEAST one of the remaining people without a vote is scum. They want an easy quicklynch, but they need 3 votes on someone for that to happen. I don't want that to happen.

unvote, vote: Clownbot

Don't want to risk putting Fro at 3 and you quicklynching him.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Are you kidding me?

I've already stated that I don't want a quicklynch which is exactly WHY I don't have a vote on anyone yet.

#HBC | Dancer

Also keep in mind guys that the deadline is creeping up on us.

No rush, but lets try not to enter the last 24 hours without any idea who we want to lynch.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
I read Frohawk as extremely n00bish. Not scummily so as of now, but his playstyle does need a little work.

D

Deleted member

@Sworddancer: We technically have more then fourty-eight hours. On April 1, 2010 at 11:59PM, we'll still have twenty-four hours left. We have time, but I do think we have enough information to lynch someone, which is why I'm convince xxFrohawkxx is scum.

@Guus: If you were so convinced that I was scum, why would you change your vote? Clownbot has done little to warrant an lynch. I'm getting an feeling that you're trying to stop a lynch from happening. Now I know that possibility is unlikely, since you did state multiple times that you want me gone, but still, that was a scummy post in my eyes.

FoS: Guus[/B}

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I changed my vote because I think scum is at least one of the people without a vote. I'm fairly certain of it myself, I'm not asking anyone else to or trying to convince them.

Here's why; If someone manages to get 3 votes, you just have to post a bit of "I agree" with some fluff around it and vote to lynch someone. If you did vote someone and would want to lynch the other (which has 3 votes) you have to suddenly change votes from the one you were "convinced" was scum. That makes a lot more suspicious. Something you don't want, because there's no guarantee of this being the last day.
HOWEVER, the chance is there, so I'd rather not risk a quick-lynch. In the end I DO want a lynch, so if nothing happens, I'm going to change my vote regardless.

D

Deleted member

@Guus: Just want to thank you for the explination there.

D

Deleted member

At this rate, with less then forty-eight hours left, nothing is really a quick lynch. We all know what we want, so we need to try to end this by the deadline.

@Guus: Here's a question. Would you rather have an so-called "quick lynch" or an no-lynch?

BTW, I really doubt Clownbot would do an quick-lynch anyway. He's been in this game for a very, very long time, plus we've gather huge amount of information, enough that any lynch isn't really considered a quick-lynch.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Vote Frohawk

Guus, you're really backing me into a corner here, man. Maybe I'll garner some suspicion for putting Fro at L-1 but can you really blame me? Your very theory states that at least one of the non-voters is scum and Frohawk fits the bill. But if someone else votes him and I'm the one to give him the lynching vote I'm immediately suspicious even though I voted someone who I legitimately thought was scum?

When Mayling stated that she found Fro suspicious he openly stated that he wasn't going to retaliate. During the Kevin wagon Fro questioned why suspicion was being placed on Kevin. Both were scum. I think we have an even chance of hitting a bad guy with a Frohawk lynch.

D

Deleted member

@Clownbot: I really doubt you'll garner any suspicion for that post. There are less then fouty-eight hours left, so I really doubt that putting him at L-1 would increase your suspicion level any higher. If you'd did that earlier, I would have said otherwise, but lets face it, we're on crunch time now, so it's basically time to get someone lynched. Not because I'm eager for one, but because we already gather so much information that we could decide Day 4 (If there's one) with past information alone.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Recent events have got me questioning Guus, but it seems like Frohawk's the play toDay. Not the top of my scumlist by any means, but I'm not uncomfortable with the lynch, and I've been wrong before. I'm not gonna hammer Frohawk tho.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
A little less than 12 hours until the deadline...

Guus, how long are you gonna give Frohawk?

xxFrohawkxx

Smash Apprentice
"When Mayling stated that she found Fro suspicious he openly stated that he wasn't going to retaliate. During the Kevin wagon Fro questioned why suspicion was being placed on Kevin. Both were scum. I think we have an even chance of hitting a bad guy with a Frohawk lynch."

This seems kinda weird? I'm mean both Mayling and Kevin were both in different factions to begin with?
So how is it suspicious that I didn't want a quick bandwagon?

Also I want to bring up the fact SSBF keeps pointing out that the last werewolf could be a mason as well.
It seems kinda odd if you ask me since there really isn't anyway to tell if someone is a mason or a werewolf. I mean if everyone was about to claim roles I would think everyone would say VT so scum wont go right for you, or the town for that matter.

I found it weird when Gus said "one of the remaining people who hasn't voted is scum" that seems a tad bit unorthodox and only used to put suspicion to me and Clownbot's way.

And for kirby and sword i feel kinda neutral about them.

As for SSBF "It is possible for a wolfmason to be both "lazy" and "outlanish". Let's say that they aren't really active during the game and when they do post, the posting isn't very good. It's almost like they don't even try." Isn't it possible for all players to do that? What about frown He did the same thing and he was a Monk.

#HBC | Dancer

I changed my vote because I think scum is at least one of the people without a vote. I'm fairly certain of it myself, I'm not asking anyone else to or trying to convince them.

Here's why; If someone manages to get 3 votes, you just have to post a bit of "I agree" with some fluff around it and vote to lynch someone. If you did vote someone and would want to lynch the other (which has 3 votes) you have to suddenly change votes from the one you were "convinced" was scum. That makes a lot more suspicious. Something you don't want, because there's no guarantee of this being the last day.
HOWEVER, the chance is there, so I'd rather not risk a quick-lynch. In the end I DO want a lynch, so if nothing happens, I'm going to change my vote regardless.
Okay, but you didn't consider all of the other reasons why someone may not have voted yet, just as not wanting to put someone on L-1.

But you did rise the point to me that clown or hawk hasn't voted all Day. That seems a bit scummy to me. Even if you are not in a position to vote for the person you find the most suspicious, then I would still vote for someone else and make somewhat of a case against them so to possibly create more leads.

Now my (probably) final thoughts for the Day:

Right now I'm okay with either Fan or Hawk for the lynch. I really don't like post 430, because of how it looked like fan was trying to dictate night actions. Hawk, on the other hand, looks like he could either be a very noobie scum or a very noobie townie. I'm leaning towards noobie scum right now with him, so I'll be okay with lynching him.

D

Deleted member

@xxFrohawkxx: That was actually a pretty good post there, I will admit, but I have something to say about the last paragraph.

Please note that you did the exact same thing as Frown did. You were very close to getting replaced due to being absent for most of Day 3 and most of your posts in the game weren't really good at all. You seem to be improving, but my vote remains on you.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
"When Mayling stated that she found Fro suspicious he openly stated that he wasn't going to retaliate. During the Kevin wagon Fro questioned why suspicion was being placed on Kevin. Both were scum. I think we have an even chance of hitting a bad guy with a Frohawk lynch."

This seems kinda weird? I'm mean both Mayling and Kevin were both in different factions to begin with?
So how is it suspicious that I didn't want a quick bandwagon?
Yeah, they're in different factions. That was my point when I said we have an equal chance of hitting a bad guy with you're lynch. Albeit subtle, you have links to both Mayling and Kevin so I feel like you could be a mafioso or a werewolf.

It's not suspicious that you don't want a quicklynch at all but the post where you questioned Kev's suspicion just seemed sort of defensive of him to me.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
This is happening all the time. Frohawk makes a semi-decent post and then goes away to not post for 2 more days. I'm fine with hammering him now, any objections?

xxFrohawkxx

Smash Apprentice
Whoa just because i can't really stay on the computer for long periods time doesn't mean anything geez kid.
You know what screw it kill me so town can lose i really don't care now.

D

Deleted member

@xxFrohawkxx: That is defindently anti-town there. You should have at least tried to defend yourself against me and Guus. I wouldn't have done that if I were you.

While you could lynch yourself to end the day, don't do it. You can always claim and save your life now.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Vote: Frohawk

This sounds like pulling heart string. "I don't care anymore! Lynch me and lose, stupid town!" This is a pretty anti-town move to make.
If you're a townie, this was a really bs move and you screwed all of town over. If you could have just made another contributing post I'd probably not go for you anymore.

D

Deleted member

@Guus: If he does flip town, we can only hope that Mafia does not kill two townies. Maybe we'll get lucky and Mafia members will kill themself unintentionally, but that's a slim chance, so the best we can hope for is that only one townie gets killed during the night.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Day 3 Ends & Night 3 Begins

Day 3 Vote Count 5:
guus: (0)
Super Smash Bros. Fan: Kirbyoshi (:grrr:)
xxFrohawkxx: Sworddancer., Super Smash Bros. Fan, Clownbot, guus (:grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:)

Not Voting: xxFrohawkxx (:grrr:)

xxFrohawkxx, Town Mason has been lynched!

It is now Night 3 and you may not post in this thread until Day 4. Please send all Night Actions to me by April 4, 2010 11:59AM EST.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Day 4 Begins & Night 3 Ends!

The group is shuffled again amongst each other, however they quickly find one card have been discarded!

Guus, Town Vanilla , has died a brutal death!

Deadline is waived until the site is running smoothing again, at which point one will be added.

It's takes 3/4 to lynch!

Day 4 Vote Count 0:
Super Smash Bros. Fan: (0)

Not Voting: Clownbot, Super Smash Bros. Fan, Sworddancer., Kirbyoshi (:grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:)

D

Deleted member

I know you guys are probably intended on lynching me now, but we need to wait for a day or two before coming to conclusions.

There are only four of us left and two of us are Mafia members. We have to choose wisely. One vote, and I mean, one vote, can leave the game in Mafia's favor and we can't afford that.

Right now, I won't cast a vote, but my prime suspect is Sworddancer. Sure he has made some excellent post, but I'm thinking that he's trying to frame me for Guus's death and xxFrohawkxx's lynch. Trust me, if you were in my position on Day 3, you would probably be experiencing a similar challenge.

I will explain later as I make another massive-quote post of you three..

Clownbot

Smash Lord
SSBF, how would Sworddancer killing Guus have framed you? Same with Frohawk's lynch seeing as how it takes multiple people to get a lynch.

D

Deleted member

@Clownbot: I'll gladly explain, but it's lengthy and contains things not related to your questions, but hopefully you'll understand.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is this the last day of Newbie Mafia 5?

@Clownbot: I'll gladly explain, but it's lengthy and contains things not related to your questions, but hopefully you'll understand.

He has a very good reputation among people here and given that he's one of the few people who received very little suspicion, I see it as a possibility that he'll take advantage of that and push more suspicion on me then I already have. Like for example, on his first post of Day 4, he could immediately vote for me.

This can also be contributed by the fact that Guus was one of the main people who was pushing a case on me during Day 3 before he went after me due to xxFrohawkxx's inactivity.

These are other possible reason for why Sworddancer might want me gone on Day 4:

Another reason for that is because I supposedly ruined a chance for Sworddancer to claim, because of my greatly unnecessarily detailed post on Day 3 where I talked about who could be scum and who could be townie. Why I didn't keep it to myself, I don't know.

I also have a feeling that Sworddancer might be waiting for this moment when he could use this opportunity to betray me and push a lynch case for me. Even if he thinks I'm townie, there is an good chance he'll lynch me anyway, reasons or not.

And another thing, near the end of Day 3, he did say he would prefer me or xxFrohawkxx gone, so he's probably using me as the next target.

As for Frohawk's lynch being an possible factor, remember when I compared xxFrohawkxx to being an possible mason wolf (Which turned out to be false)? Well, people may see me as a Mason Wolf because of that and I want to prove that I'm not. There is only one mason left in the game and I really doubt I'm the mason.

Come to think about it, I think I have an idea who could be scums:

I think Sworddancer and Kirbyoshi are the scum teams in this game. Sworddancer for the reason above.

As for Kirbyoshi, given that he's the only one who still had a vote on me when xxFrohawkxx got lynched, I'm suspecting that he'll use his first post to vote for me, only this time, it isn't because of possible betrayals.

And I know this isn't too relevant, however, Wizzerd did use to play in this game, however, he was very inactive, his posts were scummy, and he replaced due to not having enough time. One member here even said that if Wizzerd was scum, then so was Kirbyoshi. Now granted, Kirbyoshi has removed most of Wizzerd's scumminess, but how poorly Wizzerd played in the game should have effected Kirbyoshi in the game and it's time to remind him that just because you're an solid replacement doesn't mean you're clear due to the other person scumminess.

As of now, you're the most likely townie. Most of your post have been town-like and you were the less likely to immediately vote for me. You've also been really active, while Kirbyoshi didn't contribute that much until Day 3.

During my big post, given that Mayling and KevinM were scums, I think there might be an connection to them.

#HBC | Dancer

I going to reply to Fan in his quote for convince.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but is this the last day of Newbie Mafia 5

I was wondering that myself. I guess it depends on rather or not scum is lynched toDay.

He has a very good reputation among people here and given that he's one of the few people who received very little suspicion, I see it as a possibility that he'll take advantage of that and push more suspicion on me then I already have. Like for example, on his first post of Day 4, he could immediately vote for me.

This can also be contributed by the fact that Guus was one of the main people who was pushing a case on me during Day 3 before he went after me due to xxFrohawkxx's inactivity.

Okay, why me? Why not someone else? Also, why does it have to be a person with a "good reputation"? Why couldn't someone with a "bad reputation" try to frame you?
Also, this really bugs me right here:

Like for example, on his first post of Day 4, he could immediately vote for me.
So you're making a case against me by pointing out something that I might have done? I don't see how that is evidence against me at all.

These are other possible reason for why Sworddancer might want me gone on Day 4:

Another reason for that is because I supposedly ruined a chance for Sworddancer to claim, because of my greatly unnecessarily detailed post on Day 3 where I talked about who could be scum and who could be townie. Why I didn't keep it to myself, I don't know.

You "supposedly" ruined a chance for me to claim you say? What are you basing this on? I do think that post was suspicious still, since I think you were trying to dictate night actions.

Also, you admit that the post was bad for the town, but your defense for it is that you just don't know why you posted that. I find that kind of hard to buy.

I also have a feeling that Sworddancer might be waiting for this moment when he could use this opportunity to betray me and push a lynch case for me. Even if he thinks I'm townie, there is an good chance he'll lynch me anyway, reasons or not.

Betray you? I never knew I was on your side. In this game, you don't take any side but your own (unless your scum).

Also, could you explain why a scum would go after someone they thought was a townie at this point in the game, especially when the other scum faction is just a threat to them?

And another thing, near the end of Day 3, he did say he would prefer me or xxFrohawkxx gone, so he's probably using me as the next target.

So once again you are making case against me with only assumptions of what you think might have happened. Hmm... right.

Also, it is true, I did say that, and that's because you came off scummy to me. Right now, you still do.

As for Frohawk's lynch being an possible factor, remember when I compared xxFrohawkxx to being an possible mason wolf (Which turned out to be false)? Well, people may see me as a Mason Wolf because of that and I want to prove that I'm not. There is only one mason left in the game and I really doubt I'm the mason.

What do you mean you really doubt you are a mason? Either you know so or not.

Fan, I think that you might of killed Guus, and that your posts toDay were to just cover your tracks. I am open to the idea that scum might of killed guus to try to frame you, but I know that I didn't do it, because I'm town.

Come to think about it, I think I have an idea who could be scums:

I think Sworddancer and Kirbyoshi are the scum teams in this game. Sworddancer for the reason above.

As for Kirbyoshi, given that he's the only one who still had a vote on me when xxFrohawkxx got lynched, I'm suspecting that he'll use his first post to vote for me, only this time, it isn't because of possible betrayals.

Again making a case against someone for something that they haven't even done.

And I know this isn't too relevant, however, Wizzerd did use to play in this game, however, he was very inactive, his posts were scummy, and he replaced due to not having enough time. One member here even said that if Wizzerd was scum, then so was Kirbyoshi. Now granted, Kirbyoshi has removed most of Wizzerd's scumminess, but how poorly Wizzerd played in the game should have effected Kirbyoshi in the game and it's time to remind him that just because you're an solid replacement doesn't mean you're clear due to the other person scumminess.

True, true, I agree with this much. I was the one to point out that if wizzerd was scum then so is Kirbyoshi.

As of now, you're the most likely townie. Most of your post have been town-like and you were the less likely to immediately vote for me. You've also been really active, while Kirbyoshi didn't contribute that much until Day 3.

Perhaps this is just me, but I'm reading this as a small buddying attempt to clown. Also, I do agree with you about what you said about Kirbyoshi. He really didn't pick up his act until people noticed that he wasn't contributing that much.

During my big post, given that Mayling and KevinM were scums, I think there might be an connection to them.
What really bugs me about your entire post is that you seem to accuse everyone who makes a case against you of being scum. I mean I can understand that someone might be trying to frame you, but instead of just pointing this out you also made a bunch of accusations based solely off of "He could of done that" logic. Your whole post only works under the assumption that you're town, and by your very theory anyone who makes a case against you is scummy. Am I the only one who sees what's wrong with this?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I'm convinced at this point that Kirbyoshi and SSBF are the last two scum.

Do you guys think the last mason should claim regardless of the remaining werewolf?

Top Bottom