• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So Uhm... what newcomers do you think are going to be shown at next years E3 trailer?
Megaman
Saki Amamiya
Matthew
Takamaru
King K. Rool
I think these have a decent chance of being shown at E3 2012/2013:

Little Mac
Saki Amamiya
Starfy
Takamaru
Mega Man
I've never said it's impossible lol. I've just been saying he's more likely than mewtwo. but assuming the roster gets larger, pokemon will get at least one more slot. if he's in, cool. if not, Zoroark aint too bad either.

but then I've been missing the point this entire time. I thought it was more about realistic predictions and not wishlists. this thread really does serve no purpose then :bee:
Just because the roster gets bigger does not mean Pokemon is guarantee five slots. The only way Lucario has any realistic shot of coming back is if we get at least five slots. If we get four or less, Lucario is almost certainly getting the boot. And you do realize Zoroark has a similar body structure to Lucario, right? Meaning if he gets in, I have my doubts about Pokemon getting more then four slots and I can easily see the team not bothering with a fifth slot so that Lucario/Mewtwo/Meowth/Deoxys gets in. Zoroark's inclusion could pretty much doom all realistic hopes of us getting five slots since he'll likely be treated as Lucario's replacement. You wouldn't want that, right?

With Victini, the team would have no reason to not have five slots. Victini's inclusion would almost certainly open the door for Lucario/Mewtwo's return or Deoxys/Meowth to finally make an appearance as a playable character.
I don't think you had the point in the begining.

sidenote, does anyone have a hard time reading this font? If so, tell me so I can change it.

http://operationhoennrising.blogspot.com/2011/07/dna-pokemon.html#comments
I said that I had a difficult time reading it. I don't think it's a good font when you have to copy paste it just to see what you're saying.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Serebii was involved in Smashboards during Brawl's development, I can only assume they are fans at that site.

I have a serebii account..

Also E3:

Geno, fighting Geno. With Geno in the background.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Serebii? What the heck is that?

I agree with SSBFan's points about Pokemon completly, Steam you really need to learn your stuff before saying such assumptions, you are not being realistic.

:phone:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Serebii was involved in Smashboards during Brawl's development, I can only assume they are fans at that site.

I have a serebii account..

Also E3:

Geno, fighting Geno. With Geno in the background.
Yes. It'll also end in a fashion similar to the SSBB trailer, with Geno star-farting the other Genos to oblivion.

NO. But I imagine it would be... Hmm... Ridley and Megaman would probably be in there.

OmegaXXII

Ridley would create hype while Megaman would draw in fanboys that would otherwise never play Smash Perfect example of how to create revenue during launch.

*looks at UMvC3 and MML3 supporters*

Steam

Smash Hero
that's all in the realm of possibility. there's no real point in debating it. Zoroark hasn't been taking off either... he might not make it in. we'd have to see what happens with victini. though there's nothing "wrong" with Zoroark and Lucario coexisting. ness and lucas did it as have many other characters and lucario and zoroark have their own separate potential for movesets.

@omega- why are you attacking me lol? I just figured nintendo's 2nd most popular franchise would get a rep boost if the roster expanded. I dunno what I'm saying that's not realistic. I agree with him that lucario probably only gets in with 5 slots.

all I try to do is be skeptical about everything and I'm apparently unrealistic... ugh...

OmegaXXII

Hmm..sure but you really can't say such a pokemon doesn't have a chance when in fact he was in the last game, and yes you have a good point, there is nothing wrong with both of them coexisting but Sakurai isn't going to look at it that way, he will most likely choose the newest rep over any older ones.

Steam

Smash Hero
Hmm..sure but you really can't say such a pokemon doesn't have a chance when in fact he was in the last game.

spelt was the one who said that. not me. I agreed with him that it's realistic to say lucario would be replaced by a 5th gen, and that this thread serves no purpose. I think lucario will be in the next smash :/

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yes. It'll also end in a fashion similar to the SSBB trailer, with Geno star-farting the other Genos to oblivion.

NO. But I imagine it would be... Hmm... Ridley and Megaman would probably be in there.
I imagine neither of them being there. Megaman is in hot water right now. He's having a little breakdown. Right before SSB4's development. . .perrrrrfect :)

I think that if Ridley makes it in, we won't see him right off the bat. Characters from smaller franchises like Isaac might show up though, like Wario. A retro character like Takamaru would be in the begining probably.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I just think these alliances are fun and have given us a discussion topic over the last few pages. This thread was out of ideas anyways, and creating hype for our favourite characters is hardly wasting our time.

There is a chance they could be seen, but that's not even what it's about for me. I just love showing support for a character I would like to see, and then creating a group where others with a like mindset can go as well.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Steam, listen to Crimsen and stop hating. It's not like you are even adding anything to the thread. Consistantly saying "THURRS NO POINT TO THISS!" isn't helping. People who complain, but don't try to fix the problem are just adding to the problem. If you don't like us talking about our little alliance thing, then talk about something else.

I said that I had a difficult time reading it. I don't think it's a good font when you have to copy paste it just to see what you're saying.
Yeah, I edited it.

Steam

Smash Hero
Hmm..sure but you really can't say such a pokemon doesn't have a chance when in fact he was in the last game, and yes you have a good point, there is nothing wrong with both of them coexisting but Sakurai isn't going to look at it that way, he will most likely choose the newest rep over any older ones.

there are many more factors than just that. keep in mind zoroark hasn't really had the popularity lucario had. nothing is really concrete. he's let many similar characters co-exist before, many times within the same series. anything could really happen :0

and asking about the alliances was just curiosity. don't be so hostile. and I'm adding to the thread by discussing peacefully so I don't see what you're on to me about. pretty sure It's that I support Lucario and you've been the one that argues against him quite strongly. too much salt in this thread.

OmegaXXII

Lighten up, we all have, anyway it's up to Sakurai to decide which Pokemon have a say in the roster or not, we really can't tell at this time until we get some kind of news or an e3 trailer.

with that said hopefully you will able to enjoy are speculation and such. :)

Steam

Smash Hero
Lighten up, we all have, anyway it's up to Sakurai to decide which Pokemon have a say in the roster or not, we really can't tell at this time until we get some kind of news or an e3 trailer.

with that said hopefully you will able to enjoy are speculation and such. :)

this is exactly what I've been saying >.<

but yeah, I don't think I'd enjoy speculation... would get too repetitive. the facts are all on the table and all that's left is the waiting game. so I'll prolly lurk or something.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I knew Lucario fans would move onto a new pokemon the second a new generation came out.

Of course they denied it, but the truth is a majority of them actually DID move on.

Sure, I love using Lucario in 4th gen. Hell, 4th gen is probably my favorite generation. I liked a lot in it.

But they moved on, Lucario was just the new thing.

Edit: I wish I still had photoshop, you could only imagine the wonders I can create

Steam

Smash Hero
I knew Lucario fans would move onto a new pokemon the second a new generation came out.

Of course they denied it, but the truth is a majority of them actually DID move on.

Sure, I love using Lucario in 4th gen. Hell, 4th gen is probably my favorite generation. I liked a lot in it.

I didn't move on >:I

don't really know anyone who has :/

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Well, if it means anything, Pikachu may very well be guaranteed to be in the roster, and Jigglypuff's chances are probably just as high. inb4 "obviousness is obvious".

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Edit: I wish I still had photoshop, you could only imagine the wonders I can create
Lucario fans are the most shallow of all.

Steam

Smash Hero
I feel like this entire thread is trolling me :(

also I have no idea where that stereotype came from :/

Lucario still seems to be very well known and popular to me. more than zoroark is now :/

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Why not try GIMP? Sure, it isn't as comprehensive or as fluid as Photoshop, but it is an easy alternative. I'm using Macromedia Fireworks 2004. If I had the ability to use Photoshop's lighting and blend effects most of my stuff would be a little more polished.

Luckily I will probably take a graphic design course so that could be a possibility.

@Iblis: You could consider joining my groups if you wish?

Ruffians Forever - Saki Amamiya

The Strong Team! - Slime and Chocobo

D

Deleted member

Currently working on updating my blogs. I finally learned how Barbasol got those pages in. If anyone is creating a site and wishes to let, PM me or Barbasol.
CrimsonFeint said:
I just think these alliances are fun and have given us a discussion topic over the last few pages. This thread was out of ideas anyways, and creating hype for our favourite characters is hardly wasting our time.

There is a chance they could be seen, but that's not even what it's about for me. I just love showing support for a character I would like to see, and then creating a group where others with a like mindset can go as well.
This is a good reason why I formed these alliances. It gives us the opportunity to meet other people with common interest in the same thing and encourages unity within the group.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Yeah, I edited it.
This you for editing it. I very much appreciate that I can actually read the blog.
Sol Diviner said:
Well, if it means anything, Pikachu may very well be guaranteed to be in the roster, and Jigglypuff's chances are probably just as high. inb4 "obviousness is obvious".
Of course Pikachu is guarantee. Jigglypuff isn't, but he still have high chances of being playable.

Steam

Smash Hero
:I

at least I'm realisitc. I don't think you realize how bad I could be. : 3

besides, there has to be people like me to balance out the haters

Kantrip

Kantplay

at least I try to break the circle every time the same things get discussed. I don't think you realize how bad this thread could be. :3

besides, there has to be people like Iblis to say "Well damn".

Steam

Smash Hero

at least I try to break the circle every time the same things get discussed. I don't think you realize how bad this thread could be. :3

besides, there has to be people like Iblis to say "Well damn".
I really try to drag the topic off of he who must not be named. but people just rip on him so hard and so much of it is baseless :/

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Star put those links on my wall, until I get my mac laptop I'm not going to be doing much on the internet. So it might take a little while before I'm active.

i swore i read "******" as "rapping" LOL

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Why not try GIMP? Sure, it isn't as comprehensive or as fluid as Photoshop, but it is an easy alternative. I'm using Macromedia Fireworks 2004. If I had the ability to use Photoshop's lighting and blend effects most of my stuff would be a little more polished.

Luckily I will probably take a graphic design course so that could be a possibility.
I have an Associates Degree of Graphic Design... i have yet to get a job... all the jobs here in the valley are mostly asking for Web Development (web wasn't my forte so i had to decline every interview i had... and by not my forte, i mean i considered my work crap and i refused to have crap on my resume... pride.) i can do logos and mascots and typography and billboards and wallpapers and advertisements but all that comes my way is web... it's odd.

anyways, i have photoshop and illustrator. if there is anything you people need (for free of course;)), i will deliver late since i am backed up on my homework for Game Art & Design (yeah, i switched professions. i still have my GD knowledge though.) just PM me.

D

Deleted member

For those interested, I updated my site a little. My essay in regards to Victini is in there, which I will revise.

@xIblisx: Would you like to join the Project Unova group supporting Victini?

Steam

Smash Hero
I still am pretty convinced Victini will be another mew/celebi... definitely a possibility though. with the pokemon series you never know... they put in pichu in melee out of nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom