• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

@Steam: Victini has a lot more going for his inclusion as a playable character in SSB4 then Mew or Celebi ever did. I don't think being Mew-like is going to be enough to keep him out.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i was a kid when i was raised in LA, i was a teen when i was raised in the Fontana (the Inland Empire)... never left California. while attending Etiwanda High, i traversed through a desert-esque path but it wasn't High desert.

no, no marvel.

Steam

Smash Hero
@Steam: Victini has a lot more going for his inclusion as a playable character in SSB4 then Mew or Celebi ever did. I don't think being Mew-like is going to be enough to keep him out.
yeah I wouldn't know. it's why I keep everything in my posts all subjective. He just seems to fit that role. and it would be tough to make a character of his structure work without disfiguring him in half his animations... which doesn't seem fitting to him, plus there isn't much known about exactly how he would... be. but his movie will help that.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Red, Black, Gold.

in other news, i can totally see Victini in smash with V-Create as a final smash. i just wouldn't use my support tokens on him. if all of you had just 4 tokens, who would you use them on? don't waste your tokens on shoo-ins. waste not want not.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
yeah I wouldn't know. it's why I keep everything in my posts all subjective. He just seems to fit that role. and it would be tough to make a character of his structure work without disfiguring him in half his animations... which doesn't seem fitting to him, plus there isn't much known about exactly how he would... be. but his movie will help that.
Pichu is like, fifteen inches tall. So, making it look natural while attacking can be done. I mean, look at Olimar. De doesn't even use his arms. Victini would probably use his head/ arms with most of his attacks.

Steam

Smash Hero
all four on Lucario because he's the only one I care about more than passively

@shortie- exactly, and that seems kind of off for a legendary... at least to me. but then again mewtwo attacked with the air or his tail so yeah. victini would have to be one of those... benign legendaries though... and I'm still unsure of victini's nature.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
all four on Lucario because he's the only one I care about more than passively

@shortie- exactly, and that seems kind of off for a legendary... at least to me. but then again mewtwo attacked with the air or his tail so yeah. victini would have to be one of those... benign legendaries though... and I'm still unsure of victini's nature.
Well Victini IS Psychic, so anything Mewtwo has done, like not physically touching people, yet still harming them can be done with Victini. Only with a firey twist.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Lucario's going to be replaced by a 5th gen.
that is a realistic prediction.
Going to say this: "Realistic predictions," are never so are are probably wrong. It was realistic to think ROB wasn't going to be in Brawl because he was also an enemy.

That said, this thread really is dumb and this conversation is gonna go nowhere.
everyone here is wasting their time.
Have to agree with you there.

Steam

Smash Hero
. . . .How so? Look at Jigglypuff, like, really. She has tiny arms. I mean,. . . I think you just want an Anthro. . .
that's not what I was talking about. I'm not even against victini. I meant fire and psychic together would be lulzy. and jigglypuff only really works like that because she's a ballon so it makes sense for her to be disfigured in a lot of her animations... victini appears to be more structured. but I can see him working with mainly psychic stuff.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I have an Associates Degree of Graphic Design... i have yet to get a job... all the jobs here in the valley are mostly asking for Web Development (web wasn't my forte so i had to decline every interview i had... and by not my forte, i mean i considered my work crap and i refused to have crap on my resume... pride.) i can do logos and mascots and typography and billboards and wallpapers and advertisements but all that comes my way is web... it's odd.

anyways, i have photoshop and illustrator. if there is anything you people need (for free of course;)), i will deliver late since i am backed up on my homework for Game Art & Design (yeah, i switched professions. i still have my GD knowledge though.) just PM me.
Well if you are willing to give me any critique on some of my artwork I'd surely appreciate it. Always want to improve.

Not like the old thread or the group are any better.
Somehow I feel defensive all of a sudden...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eh, did they have any brilliant insite into the smash brothers world or the characters within in the old thread? Curious

I didn't think there was any point in discussing something that may not come into existence since Sakurai was skeptical about creating a new one.

Yet again, he was roped into it without a say.

Geno be praised

D

Deleted member

There's a reason why Toise refers to this place as "****** City" or "That Crap Factory", and it isn't just because it makes me laugh.
This place can sure get into deep holes frequently, especially a few days ago in regards to the tons of "derping" going on. More annoying then funny if you ask me. That said, this place overall is far better the comparison to other Smash places, which we can at least agree on.
Guess this is why this thread gets so much flak...
It's mainly because it frequently turns into a social/spamming discussion and kind of gets off-topic. If not for the alliance discussion that we've been having, we would likely be in one of those phases right now.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
This place can sure get into deep holes frequently, especially a few days ago in regards to the tons of "derping" going on. More annoying then funny if you ask me. That said, this place overall is far better the comparison to other Smash places, which we can at least agree on.It's mainly because it frequently turns into a social/spamming discussion and kind of gets off-topic. If not for the alliance discussion that we've been having, we would likely be in one of those phases right now.
Luckily I was working that day... I don't even know how I made it onto the list.

Yes, this thread beats Gamefaqs any day of the week. That place is insufferable.

Hopefully, the alliances put up by us will stop the off -topic derping.

Now we got something to talk about.

D

Deleted member

Hopefully, the alliances put up by us will stop the off -topic derping.

Now we got something to talk about.
Right now, it's working very well. In the slight (But hopeful) chance that this actually turns out to be a serious movement that could potentially impact the roster for Super Smash Bros. 4, I see this as a main (But not only) discussion point of this game for the rest of the development of the game.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
But more Toise and SmashChu shooting things down based on personal criteria.
Mmm, I hear ya.

That isn't considered spam? LOL
I've seen full pages of everyone saying "Derp", so it's not asa bad. Anyways, Have we decided who's making the Big Site that's going to house everyone's personal character blogs?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Andy, Jiro, Mega Man X, Ephraim. if i had four tokens, i would use it on them. some time ago, i asked which characters you believe would not make the cut in the end but would use a maximum number of 4 tokens on characters you'd really want.

The psychological thing about this question is that you have to abandon hope for those you really want, that is, unless you want to waste a token on someone like Little Mac cause you ran out of other characters. you'd have to guess that the other characters like Krystal or Medusa would make it in anyways (only to have it denied, which is when you should have used a token on them)

it's a little game you can play, for now.

@StarPhoenix wait... you're the one making all of them sigs?

D

Deleted member

@augustoflores: I haven't really given up hope on anyone yet since this is my first time going into Smash speculation in regards to characters big time. I'll try your game tomorrow and sleep on characters who I think would not get in without the tokens.
Shortiecanbrawl said:
Anyways, Have we decided who's making the Big Site that's going to house everyone's personal character blogs?
I volunteered to do that. Not sure how to create a second blog with my account, though, but once I figure out, I will try to get the site up this afternoon (Since it is midnight now, it'll be today, just that it'll take awhile) along with a group. Also, what do you think of Smashboards's Characters Alliance Movement (SCAM)?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@StarPhoenix wait... you're the one making all of them sigs?
Yes I am. I've made tons of things for people on this thread, so much so I opened up an artshop in the "Artwork Emporium" board.

Heck, I even entered the signature of the week contest.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
okay, personally, i think you are way better than I in regards to Graphic Designing. (but when it comes to physical drawing... well... i'd have to see)

i've only been to Artwork emporium like once... it was kind of a boring place for my taste. (kinda strange seeing as it's what i do for a living... well, will do)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom