• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
NNID
Budget_Player
Look at how many stages looked like BF or FD+tiny-*** platforms in Melee :3
The differences are still very pronounced.

I'm just worried about the competitive community saying, "Screw the advantages in depth and gameplay that that stage with the 100% predictable lava jets/cars/lasers/movement offers; I'm going to play on FD 1-10".

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Megaman or Ryu will definitely be in the game. I'm leaning a bit towards Megaman. I'd say Square will probably get the other new third party slot, probably Black Mage or some Dragon Quest\Chrono Trigger character. Other than that, I'm done with character predictions until Nintendo gives us a teaser.

As far as stages, I think Sora needs to learn the difference between fun gimmicks and annoying ones. Mute City, Brinstar, and like stages were fun. Mario Bros. and WarioWare were just annoying. Other than that, I normally don't care that much about stage design. I focus more on the music and scenery.

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I think it would be nice to see bomber man and megaman i just wonder wich mega man masahiro sakurai would add tho?

Im very glad they got masahiro sakurai to make ssmb4 he did one 2 and 3 and now 4 to have the same game maker on all 4 to me thats awsome!!

Omg they should have a collectors editon like have all 4 ssmb on the collectors editon!

Now that would be the bombe on wii u!

I my self would like to see dlc it adds so much to the game play more levels characters..

Items..hmmm i wonder what types of pokemon they will have this time in the pokeballs?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
A bunch of neutrals would be nice, not too many either, I care less about where the stage is coming from I.e. Mario, zelda, pokemon etc.. In the end it all comes down to playability and whether or not hazards make a big impact or not.

What do you guys think about the "shoulder" add-on

:phone:

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I actually enjoyed most of the illegal Brawl stages. I'm hoping that they do more stages that have certain effects like breakable platforms, completing certain tasks and whatnot instead of just one a piece.

I, for one, have never enjoyed upward scrolling stages, but the above level of Mushroom Kingdom was hella fun IMO.

D

Deleted member

@augustoflores: Regarding your idea, don't we already have something like that in Brawl? I've noticed that you could charge up your Smash, that's why I ignored it initially.

@OmegaXVII: Much better then the original Classic Controller design. Feels more fit for Smash.
Rosalina suporter said:
I think it would be nice to see bomber man and megaman i just wonder wich mega man masahiro sakurai would add tho?
Almost certainly either the Classic or Volnutt, although Classic I'm leaning and hoping is included.

Also, you need to spell better. It's not that hard to say "SSB" which is the initial for Super Smash Bros. Also, "bombe" is "bomb". I'm also curious, why would you support Rosalina for SSB4 when Bowser Jr. is a better character for a fifth Mario rep? Rosalina works better as an Assist Trophy to me.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Yeah, its nice to see creative stages. Personally, I think its better to have a bunch of different type of stages, then a bunch of stages that are the basically the same outside of cosmetic differences. I mean, yeah it'd be nice to have a tourny legal stage that had the Pirate Ship as its background or Norfair, but not at the expense of losing levels with those types of mechanics.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, its nice to see creative stages. Personally, I think its better to have a bunch of different type of stages, then a bunch of stages that are the basically the same outside of cosmetic differences. I mean, yeah it'd be nice to have a tourny legal stage that had the Pirate Ship as its background or Norfair, but not at the expense of losing levels with those types of mechanics.
Exactly. One thing that they really improved on with the stages in Brawl is that they included different elements to it that gave almost every stage a different feeling and made all of them worth trying.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd like Classic Mega Man to be in the next smash.

Wow, it does look like a Capcom character has good chances now.

I hope they don't use the Mega Man 64 style Mega Man to advertise their upcoming new game in it's series though.

I'm really not seeing how a Capcom character wouldn't fit. They friggin' made Snake fit in Brawl

OmegaXXII

I'm really not seeing how a Capcom character wouldn't fit. They friggin' made Snake fit in Brawl
To be honest, Snake barely had a chance to make the roster, he only made it in because Kojima heavily influenced Sakurai to include him, otherwise we would have ended up with Megaman or possibly the "all time" favorite Geno.

Sadly if anyone from Square has a chance, it's anybody from Dragon Quest swords, which means no Cloud Strife :/

Chidosengan

Smash Lord

I hope they don't use the Mega Man 64 style Mega Man to advertise their upcoming new game in it's series though.

Time for the national ssb waiting game anthem!

*sips water*

ahem...

SAAAAAKKKKKKUUUUUURRRRRAAAAAAIIIIIII!!!!!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
To be honest, Snake barely had a chance to make the roster, he only made it in because Kojima heavily influenced Sakurai to include him, otherwise we would have ended up with Megaman or possibly the "all time" favorite Geno.

Sadly if anyone from Square has a chance, it's anybody from Dragon Quest swords, which means no Cloud Strife :/

What I meant from that was, in the article the person being interviewed said it was a miracle they could put characters from the various video game universes together in a believable fashion and he's not sure he can fit a Capcom character in and make it believable. If they made Snake believable in a universe with Mario and Pikachu, I hardly see how Megaman wouldn't fit in with them. I mean, Megaman with Nintendo characters has already been done in Captain N

D

Deleted member

How about someone from one of the SNES Final Fantasies? I wouldn't rule out Cecil from FFIV, though he would be another sword user.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
How about someone from one of the SNES Final Fantasies? I wouldn't rule out Cecil from FFIV, though he would be another sword user.
Sakurai said that the one of the big deciding factors for characters being chosen or not was their relevance to today's Nintendo fans. With that being said, I doubt he's going to look back four generations for a third party character unless, for whatever reason, demand for them becomes impressively high.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sakurai said that the one of the big deciding factors for characters being chosen or not was their relevance to today's Nintendo fans. With that being said, I doubt he's going to look back four generations for a third party character unless, for whatever reason, demand for them becomes impressively high.
Final Fantasy 4 DID have a sequel released in the last few years, and he himself appeared in two Square Enix games released since than

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Soooo we can already confirm Mii as playable whatnot with the whole "Getting experience in the 3DS and send it to the U to play i there." Sound like a custom character like thing, and the Miis fit the description perfectly.

Unless they decide to let players create characters and edit them using preexisting movesets (ala SoulCalibur 4), which would be completely badass. I don't see it happening though, too much resources and the like. Much rather they would focus on gameplay.

Also, there's a possibility that some characters from Brawl will be axed, seeing that on his interview, sakurai mention that he doesn't want to recreate brawl and just add to the existing roster. If this were to happen, who will be the first to go? My opinion? WW Link. Just saying.

D

Deleted member

Unless they decide to let players create characters and edit them using preexisting movesets (ala SoulCalibur 4), which would be completely badass. I don't see it happening though, too much resources and the like. Much rather they would focus on gameplay.
I find it amusing that people often expect a character creator in game all about preexisting characters and worlds.

As for the axe, I'd say that Lucario would go first. He's irrelevant now that Gen IV has ended, and he wasn't amazingly huge in the first place.

OmegaXXII

Exactly what I was trying to get at, I only mentioned Dragon Quest since it was Square's latest title for the Wii, and if Project Sora or Sakurai decide on a factor, it will most likely be influenced by the last gen, which is also good for fans of Capcom, such as Ryu and Megaman.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
WW Link, Lucario, Ness (Though I'd rather have Lucas gone), Possibly Wolf, Sonic (I really hope he makes a comback), Snake, Either Marth or Ike. I think that list is more of less realistic on who would leave

majora_787

Smash Hero
How about a character from the world ends with you? Yeah, I know it's not likely, but imagine?
Yes.

Chibi Robo, Sho Minamimoto, Tao, Ghor, and Majora's Wrath are all on my "Not Going to Happen But It'd Be Sexy Awesome" list.

UberMario

Smash Master
I really don't understand why people still want Cloud in Super Smash Brothers. He hasn't been on a Nintendo system and would probably end up as a projectile-less clone of Saki.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
I really don't understand why people still want Cloud in Super Smash Brothers. He hasn't been on a Nintendo system and would probably end up as a projectile-less clone of Saki.
Although I don't understand why Square is one of the potential 3rd party companies appearing in Smash in eyes of so many people, how Cloud can be a clone of someone who is not even playable yet?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Considering the most recent Fire Emblem game, and assuming we're not restricted to lords, I think Caeda would be a bit more likely than Lyn. Just saying. And either way, I'd rather have a lancer than another swordsman of some description.

UberMario

Smash Master
Although I don't understand why Square is one of the potential 3rd party companies appearing in Smash in eyes of so many people, how Cloud can be a clone of someone who is not even playable yet?
I said "probably". And considering that Saki Amamiya was an AT in Brawl and had a series revival, he's definitely a likely candidate. Also, compare Cloud's design to Saki's:

They're just too similar, and Sakurai made it a point that the potential characters had to have been on a Nintendo system before being a candidate. (Solid Snake was already in 3 games on Nintendo systems by 2001, 4 by 2008 and 5 by the time SSB4 comes out)

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Considering the most recent Fire Emblem game, and assuming we're not restricted to lords, I think Caeda would be a bit more likely than Lyn. Just saying. And either way, I'd rather have a lancer than another swordsman of some description.
I can see that...Caeda is probably more likely than most people think. Marth and his games are extremely popular in Japan, so she has a chance.

OmegaXXII

Hey! It's good to dream :cool:

But in all seriousness, he virtually has no chance which is sad, if he were to have a moveset I have a feeling he would play more like Link or Ike, projectiles wouldn't play a factor with him, of course this is all pointless :(

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
My goodness, if people like that get IC's taken out of SSB4 I'll punch a baby.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I see no reason for the Ice Climbers to leave Smash Bros

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Classic characters really shouldn't be disrespected. Be thankful that the Game & Watch series and R.O.B. came into our lives.

majora_787

Smash Hero
:p

I can see that...Caeda is probably more likely than most people think. Marth and his games are extremely popular in Japan, so she has a chance.
And they're picking up a little popularity here ever since Melee. So, that can only help.

But seriously, she's the main (F) protagonist of Fire Emblem 1, 2, 11, and 12.... or is it 12 and 13? Not remembering. Behind Marth and Medeus, she's a pretty major character. AND she's a lancer, something we have yet to see.

But tbh, I would much rather see Nephenee, or maybe Camus, over Caeda.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Classic characters really shouldn't be disrespected. Be thankful that the Game & Watch series and R.O.B. came into our lives.
R.O.B. is my second main in Brawl and really would be disappointed if he left. I just hope that Gyromite's music is in the next smash

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
In all honesty, I can see IC's being on the chopping block. The only thing they really have going for them is their dynamic playstyle. They aren't nearly as iconic as R.O.B. or G&W

D

Deleted member

Changing avatar to Mega Man in full support of his SSB4 inclusion. Yeah, he's my most wanted character.
OmegaXVII said:

- Actually, if Snake hadn't made it in, I highly doubt we would have third-party characters in the first place. Which means no Mega Man, no Sonic, and no ridiculous wishlist for ten billion third-party characters (Many of which with no chance of inclusion). The only reason why we care is because Snake got in.

- Crono also has a slight chance of getting it, thought that's not saying much. Also, Dragon Quest has had a heavy focus on handheld so if any Dragon Quest characters gets in; it will be on the 3DS version, not the console version, but even so, third-party characters on the 3DS are doubtful at best.
PsychoIncarnate said:
What I meant from that was, in the article the person being interviewed said it was a miracle they could put characters from the various video game universes together in a believable fashion and he's not sure he can fit a Capcom character in and make it believable. If they made Snake believable in a universe with Mario and Pikachu, I hardly see how Megaman wouldn't fit in with them. I mean, Megaman with Nintendo characters has already been done in Captain N
I agree with you, except on the last sentence. Mega Man was terribly butchered in the cartoon and it resembled almost nothing like him, not to mention you're comparing a TV show to Super Smash Bros.
Chidosengan said:
Soooo we can already confirm Mii as playable whatnot with the whole "Getting experience in the 3DS and send it to the U to play i there." Sound like a custom character like thing, and the Miis fit the description perfectly.

Also, there's a possibility that some characters from Brawl will be axed, seeing that on his interview, sakurai mention that he doesn't want to recreate brawl and just add to the existing roster. If this were to happen, who will be the first to go? My opinion? WW Link. Just saying.
- I don't think we can confirm Mii's as a playable character yet. It could very well mean modifying movesets for existing characters, though I would be fine with that.

- I think a few characters from Brawl could get axed. The most likely IMO is Wolf and Lucario, the former is a clone and the latter I think could be to make way for more Pokemon characters, thought I hope Lucario stays. Toon Link could also be cut.
PsychoIncarnate said:
WW Link, Lucario, Ness (Though I'd rather have Lucas gone), Possibly Wolf, Sonic (I really hope he makes a comback), Snake, Either Marth or Ike. I think that list is more of less realistic on who would leave
WW Link: This is possible, although this depends if he gets more installments after The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Trackers. If he gets the axe, we'll either get a new character, nothing, or Young Link back.

- Sadly likely this.

- I don't think Ness will be leaving, at least in the console version. He's part of the original twelve, was a starter in Melee, and one of the easiest characters to get in Brawl. He's also unique, whereas Lucas is a clone. There's no reason for him to go in the console version. Now the handheld version is a different story, but that's because he lacks a handheld game.

- I actually think he's the second most likely to leave, next to Lucario.

- Sonic will probably come back. He had an insane fan demand that got him in Brawl. That, along with Sega's consistent support of Nintendo, is enough to make Nintendo consider keeping him in. Snake is slightly more likely to leave, thought neither will probably go.

- Both are unique to each other. Neither are as bad as Mewtwo was, so being unique should be enough to keep them in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom