• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Hey, Dynamic playstyle in smash could get you just far enough. But yeah. R.O.B. and Game & Watch need their respect, they're important to gaming history.

Ice Climbers, not so much, but as long as we don't have a diddy-dixie combo they'll be the only ice-themed duo we have.

D

Deleted member

@kackamee: They'll kick off unlockable players in Brawl before they consider starters. By this logic, Ice Climbers and Lucas (Thought if it came to Ness or Lucas, it's Lucas that should go) are probably safe.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey, Dynamic playstyle in smash could get you just far enough. But yeah. R.O.B. and Game & Watch need their respect, they're important to gaming history.

Ice Climbers, not so much, but as long as we don't have a diddy-dixie combo they'll be the only ice-themed duo we have.
Diddy and Dixie combo is from one of the greatest games of all time

UberMario

Smash Master
In all honesty, I can see IC's being on the chopping block. The only thing they really have going for them is their dynamic playstyle. They aren't nearly as iconic as R.O.B. or G&W
Ice Climber sold over 1.5 million copies, more than Gyromite.

Of Brawl's roster, the least likely to stay in my opinion (from most likely to leave to least) are:

1. Lucario
2. Ike
3. Toon Link
4. Lucas
5. Wolf
6. Jigglypuff (grandfather clause or not, she's nowhere near as popular as she used to be and has a very generic moveset)

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Oh yeah, I forgot about them being starters at all. I guess hope isn't lost :)
And I'm up for more 2-in-1 characters, but not instead of ICs.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
In all honesty, I can see IC's being on the chopping block. The only thing they really have going for them is their dynamic playstyle. They aren't nearly as iconic as R.O.B. or G&W
IC's aren't going anywhere their style of play is too unique.

R.O.B. has a better chance of getting the axe, but I don't see him going anywhere either.

G&W is a shoe-in.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I said "probably". And considering that Saki Amamiya was an AT in Brawl and had a series revival, he's definitely a likely candidate. Also, compare Cloud's design to Saki's:

They're just too similar, and Sakurai made it a point that the potential characters had to have been on a Nintendo system before being a candidate. (Solid Snake was already in 3 games on Nintendo systems by 2001, 4 by 2008 and 5 by the time SSB4 comes out)
Even the White Mage and Black Mage have better odds of being playable than Cloud. Of course, the White Mage's outfit would have to be adjusted to be longer.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
And they're picking up a little popularity here ever since Melee. So, that can only help.

But seriously, she's the main (F) protagonist of Fire Emblem 1, 2, 11, and 12.... or is it 12 and 13? Not remembering. Behind Marth and Medeus, she's a pretty major character. AND she's a lancer, something we have yet to see.

But tbh, I would much rather see Nephenee, or maybe Camus, over Caeda.
Yeah, 11 and 12. I love both Caeda and Neph, so seeing either one would be absolutely glorious haha. Unfortunately, though, I don't see Caeda getting in before even Lyn or, god forbid, Roy. She may be picking up some popularity here, but outside the FE fans, she doesn't really have anything to go on in the Smash community.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Technically R.O.B. was also used in the game stack up

The music from Gyromite doesn't appear in Brawl, the music in Stack up does. ROB in Brawl is closer to the Stack up version than Gyromite (Especially his moves)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yeah, 11 and 12. I love both Caeda and Neph, so seeing either one would be absolutely glorious haha. Unfortunately, though, I don't see Caeda getting in before even Lyn or, god forbid, Roy. She may be picking up some popularity here, but outside the FE fans, she doesn't really have anything to go on in the Smash community.
If FE13 is a remake of Blazing Blade? I'd bet not only could we get Roy, we could EASILY see Lyn.

But yeah, Nephanee would be awesome because of how amazing she is as a unit in FE9. I mean, I give her an extra javalin, one of the most useless things toward endgame, and she cleaves through everything. Always. She's a monster with a southern accent. :3

(OT: I hope we get FE12 soon... We DID get FE11, so there's no good reason for us not to get this.)

UberMario

Smash Master
the White Mage's outfit would have to be adjusted to be longer.
Why?

I see nothing wrong with what they are wearing.

The music from Gyromite doesn't appear in Brawl, the music in Stack up does. ROB in Brawl is closer to the Stack up version than Gyromite (Especially his moves)
Actually, his moveset is closer to Gyromite's gameplay. The only thing he did in Stack Up was stack rings. In Gyromite, he accelerated gyroscopes on a pedestal.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Of Brawl's roster, the least likely to stay in my opinion (from most likely to leave to least) are:

1. Lucario
2. Ike
3. Toon Link
4. Lucas
5. Wolf
6. Jigglypuff (grandfather clause or not, she's nowhere near as popular as she used to be and has a very generic moveset)
1: Lucario will probably be replaced by Zoroark.
2: He'll probably stay.
3: He'll probably stay.
4: He'll probably stay.
5: He'll likely stay, seeing as he is Fox's rival.
6: Jigglypuff is a member of the original 12, so I don't see it leaving, despite my wishes of getting rid of it.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
How likely do you all think that a SF character will make it in? I think it's a pretty okay chance.

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
If anyone gets cut, it's going to be Toon Link, Lucario, and maybe Wolf. Everyone else is probably safe.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
If FE13 is a remake of Blazing Blade? I'd bet not only could we get Roy, we could EASILY see Lyn.

But yeah, Nephanee would be awesome because of how amazing she is as a unit in FE9. I mean, I give her an extra javalin, one of the most useless things toward endgame, and she cleaves through everything. Always. She's a monster with a southern accent. :3

(OT: I hope we get FE12 soon... We DID get FE11, so there's no good reason for us not to get this.)
When did we get news on FE13? All I've seen was FE12, and that never came out here.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why?

I see nothing wrong with what they are wearing.

Actually, his moveset is closer to Gyromite's gameplay. The only thing he did in Stack Up was stack rings. In Gyromite, he accelerated gyroscopes on a pedestal.
I haven't played Brawl in a while, I looked it up and you were right, I thought he just threw discs.

D

Deleted member

Ice Climber sold over 1.5 million copies, more than Gyromite.

1. Lucario
2. Ike
3. Toon Link
4. Lucas
5. Wolf
I agree that #1, #3, and #5 have a decent chance to be kicked (Toon Link may get replaced with Young Link, however). Not so much on #2, #4, and #6.

Ike has a unique moveset and is popular with the Smash community. Also note that he's a starter, which means that Ike will have more of a priority in Sora Ltd.'s list then maybe even Marth. Ike isn't going anywhere and they would be crazy to remove a starter in Brawl from the list.

I would be okay with Lucas going if Ness stays, but he's a starter as well, so again, I'm sure he is important enough to stay.

Jigglypuff being in the original twelve, having a unique moveset, and IIRC, being #2 most popular Pokemon in Japan should almost guarantee him/her a spot in the next Smash.
kackamee said:
How likely do you all think that a SF character will make it in? I think it's a pretty okay chance.
Not a very good chance at all. They already have their fighting series to deal with, and I'm pretty sure Sakurai will look more towards characters that don't regularly appear in fighting games; like Mega Man. It would be cool to see Ryu in, though, as long as Mega Man gets in first.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819

I really hope FE13 isn't another remake...I'm completely starved for another FE that's actually new. ;~; And I totally hope we get FE12, I did enjoy 11.

Nephenee was beastmode in both 9 and 10, too. She started off weak, but man did she get amazing, particularly in 10 as a Sentinel. Tack the Wishblade on her and she tore through everything. <3

If there's any character I want kicked off of Smash 4, it's Toon Link. Part of it is because I didn't really enjoy Wind Waker, but can't we get an original character with an original moveset? No matter how you cut it, Toon Link is still Link.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The only character I honestly see getting the boot is Lucario only because the 5th Generation is here and Zoroark fills the space all-too-well. Everybody else is still relevant except Captain Falcon and Ness but they have already been in three of the games so they have earned his keep. So far in the series, nobody who has appeared in the starting roster in a game has gotten cut and nobody who appeared in more than two games has been cut so that leaves us with only four characters that go against this: Snake, Sonic, Lucario, and Wolf. SEGA and Nintendo are still too buddy-buddy for Sonic to go anywhere, Snake Eater and possibly MGS5 are coming out for the 3DS so Snake should be good, and Wolf will, of course, be appearing in Star Fox 64 3DS so his relevance stays in-tact.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I disagree about Zoroark, he isn't as likely to replace Lucario let alone be THE 5th generation representative character. He hasn't really taken off as well as we once thought and there are other characters in contention too.

majora_787

Smash Hero
We haven't gotten any to my knowledge. I'm just saying, IF we get an FE 13 and IF it is a remake of Blazing Blade...

And I dunno, I think Megaman is probably the first choice for Smash Bros. by Capcom...

And the five I think will get cut? Huhh...

Lucario, Toon Link, Ness, Pokemon Trainer (as we know him), and... Huh. Not sure on a fifth. But let me give my reasons.

Lucario, because I believe, him being added to promote Generation 4, that he will be replaced by Zoroark to promote Generation 5. EDIT: It doesn't matter if Zoroark is as popular. The point is the intents and purposes. They're going to promote the new, relevant pokemon games with their generation figurehead, Zoroark.

Toon Link is Toon Link. I'd wager that we might actually see Young Link again, considering OoT3D. Maybe.

Ness was planned to be cut all the way back in Melee, and replaced by Lucas. We got Lucas in Brawl, but kept Ness. IF we keep Ness in SSB4, then he's gonna be around for good. I'd say he's the least likely of the five to get cut.

Pokemon Trainer, in order to swap him out for a newer remake. They might skip Generation 2 and go straight to Generation 3, if the remake comes out early enough in development.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'd rather see Falco get the boot than Wolf. Falco just doesn't seem relevant to Star Fox as Wolf does to me, as Wolf is the archrival and such.

Doesn't Wolf also have a greater impact in the storylines of the recent Starfox games like Command than Falco too?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I disagree about Zoroark, he isn't as likely to replace Lucario let alone be THE 5th generation representative character. He hasn't really taken off as well as we once thought and there are other characters in contention too.
Zoroark is by far the lead choice of 5th Generation Pokemon. And its unique ability to transform would add a LOT of diversity to his moveset... More than any other Pokemon character we've had in SSB by far.

Who else would possibly be a better representation?

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Diddy and Dixie combo is from one of the greatest games of all time
A man after my own heart, although I would remove the "one of". :p In all seriousness, as much as that combo is the greatest duo in gaming history, slapping Dixie onto Diddy would really only detract from Diddy. We might as well make her a full character at that point. However, K Rool deserves a spot over Dixie and there's no way DK will get more than one rep, so as much as I love Dixie, I think she won't make it.

:phone:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's not like Zoroark would be the only 5th generation representative. There's also the Unova Pokemon Trainer, who would probably be using Oshawott, Servine, and Emboar. If not those three, then any other starter forms, but I doubt Serperior would be an option.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I agree that Falco is less important to the roster than Wolf, but if it ain't broke, why fix it? We don't exactly need a Star Fox cut... I think they have perfect representation right now. We can talk cuts and additions when the NEW games get jumpstarted.

Some people think Victini. But Pichu was the representation of Generation 2 over Celebi, so I do not see Victini happening. That's not how they do this. They're going to want to pick a relevant leading example of the generation, being either Zorua and Zoroark. And this is not Clash of Ninja Revolution, so I doubt we'll be kicking puppies. Zoroark it is.

I would rather have K. Rool than yet ANOTHER pair mechanic. It's getting old, it really is.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's not like Zoroark would be the only 5th generation representative. There's also the Unova Pokemon Trainer, who would probably be using Oshawott, Servine, and Emboar. If not those three, then any other starter forms, but I doubt Serperior would be an option.
Why would it be Unova? Pokémon Trainer in Brawl used Kanto Pokémon.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Zoroark may not be as popular as Lucario is or was, but he's easily the most popular choice from 5th gen. You definitely won't see Pokes like Emboar or Genesect over him. Plus, like Gamer said, Zoroark's Illusion ability presents some fantastic moveset choices that no other Pokemon could replicate.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Zoroark may not be as popular as Lucario is or was, but he's easily the most popular choice from 5th gen. You definitely won't see Pokes like Emboar or Genesect over him. Plus, like Gamer said, Zoroark's Illusion ability presents some fantastic moveset choices that no other Pokemon could replicate.
I think Nintendo has better taste than to end add ANYTHING that ever adds ends the pokedex. No playable Arceus, please. xD

God that was some fail english.

Even though, I would've loved to see Deoxys back in the day...

UberMario

Smash Master
I was referring to the White Mage who appeared in Mario Hoops 3-on-3 and Mario Sports Mix.

Oh. I'm pretty sure that she's just wearing shorter clothing so that she could actually play, kind of like how Peach, Daisy and Rosalina wear shorter clothing when riding a bike than a kart.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I want to see a baddass character with a sword please, that's not a good guy.

Black Knight would make me ****.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Such as? I do agree that Zoroark is nowhere as popular as Lucario but the situations surrounding them are all too similar: they were revealed before the launch of their generation, they starred in a movie, they are humanoid, they are event pokemon, they play important roles in some of the pokemon spinoff games, etc. It seems like an easy fit but I would like to hear your ideas on suitable 5th gen pokemon. Personally, I really don't have a clue which 5th gen pokemon are all that popular right now (well, aside from Scrafty).

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm beyond hoping for a unique Ganondorf. Smash Bros., is tarnishing his evilness for me. x_x He's so far been a ripoff of the c losest thing to a SUPERHERO nintendo has, with purple smoke effects instead of fire. The Black Knight is a little unlikely at this point, however...

...Camus? Maybe?

... I want Falcon's forward tilt to make gunshot noises like it did in 64. :D

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Such as? I do agree that Zoroark is nowhere as popular as Lucario but the situations surrounding them are all too similar: they were revealed before the launch of their generation, they starred in a movie, they are humanoid, they are event pokemon, they play important roles in some of the pokemon spinoff games, etc. It seems like an easy fit but I would like to hear your ideas on suitable 5th gen pokemon. Personally, I really don't have a clue which 5th gen pokemon are all that popular right now (well, aside from Scrafty).
Only Zoroark is an event Pokemon. Lucario can be earned by hatching a Riolu egg received in-game, and evolving it.

Apart from that difference, along with how Riolu and Zorua evolve, the two are quite similar in many aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom