• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I have a proposition to the gameplay (yes, another one of my infamous propositions):

we have attacks, we have tilt attacks, we have smash attacks, and we have charge attacks. fully charged attacks are just more damaging than your average c stick quick smash attack.

i would like for fully charged smash attacks to become a new move altogether... let's say Fox is charging his forward smash attack which is currently a Spinning Kick. if you fully charge your forward smash attack, you get your Strike attack. Fox's forward strike attack is a blazing leap kick. (yes, like Liu Kang's Enhanced Flying Kick, Flame Dragon Kick... this isn't where i got the idea, i assure you... it just happens to exist already within a game that has recently come out)

this in no way means i would install the name Super Smash Bros. Strike... strike just happens to be the name to describe the new ability like smash was for smash moves.

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
As long as my main man, Lucas, does not change at all in SSB3D or U, everything will be fine.
*cough cough USmash. D:*
EDIT: I wonder how will controlling PK Thunder fair in that new controller.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm ok with changing characters to fit them better in the new physics settings. Not changing them with care leaves you with characters like Brawl Falcon.

D

Deleted member

[COLLAPSE="Large post"]Didn't Sakurai say that Sukapon would never appear in a Super Smash Bros. game? I believe that was the case, which if so, is a huge shame as I think along with a few others here that he would fit well as a character.

I don't really care that the Gamecube controller is no longer able to be supported. Quite frankly, I could care less about it as I never used it in Brawl or any of my Wii games anyway.

@tri climbe (#366): Please don't bold all your words. It makes it hard to read.

@Mario_And_Sonic_Guy (#381): This is great for the Wii-U/Classic Controller set-up, thought I do question why the Wii Remote + Nunchuck and Wii Remote only combination were thrown out of the way. Anyway, I would love this format since I plan to play the next game with either Classic Controller or Wii-U.

Also, I think the touchscreen can be used, just not really in combat. During the game if you're holding the Wii-U controller, during the match, it displays the stats of how many KOs you made, how many KOs you've received, and your score in the game so far. It won't inter fear with the gameplay, but you'll know what's going on without it taking up game room space.

While selecting characters, the player with the Wii-U controller can select their characters and the stage from the touchscreen with the rest having to look at the TV. Also, if he's playing alone and someone wants to watch TV, the game will automatically stream to the touchscreen and you can play it, as seen in the E3 2011 trailer.

@Fatamanonice (#384): Add Sin & Punishment: Star Successor to the list.

Two things: I don't think lack of games is the absolute barrier to new characters form said series, as I still think we stand a good chance of getting a second rep from F-zero, although you do have a point there with the lack of rep.

I would also make sure to consider that both SSB4 games are completely different. As such, we need to take into consideration of what platform the games are released in. This is why I think Golden Sun characters are likely to not be in the Wii-U version unless we transfer it from the 3DS version if even that.

@Eternal Yoshi (#385): I like this idea a lot. It's possible that it'll happen anyway, as I noticed the movesets consistently getting more complex. Better then my idea, that's for sure (Which was to expand the B-Up/Down/Side movement by going diagonally, which now I think about it, is not such a great idea).
crawlshots said:
No one's mentioned Bomberman. Anyone think he's a feasible addition? He's got several titles with Nintendo... and he's got bombs.
It's certainly possible that he can get in the game, just not very likely. He was rumored for SSBB, so we'll see on that.
Anth0ny said:
With Wii U, we will almost certainly have DLC characters, DLC stages, DLC costumes and possibly DLC music.

If there's one game in the world that could have a near infinite amount of DLC, it's Smash Bros.
Like Mic said, I don't think we're going to see a huge flood of this. To be honest, I really don't see Nintendo quickly releasing DLC before many people gets a chance to play the game and unlock it's contents, plus DLC is best when it's done later on.

In response to Mario_And_Sonic_Guy:
Mario_And_Sonic_Guy said:
Leon is known for chasing Falco, which does make him Falco's rival. And unlike Waluigi (who is deliberately a spin-off character), Leon has appeared in mainstream titles. I'm pretty sure that he'd operate differently from the other Star Fox characters.
True that he's a mainstream character, but I don't see how he would fit in as a mainstream character. It might be me not familiar with Star Fox too much, but I really would like to see some examples of Leon being original if he does become playable in Smash Bros.
Bubbles and Eggplant Man are relatively fillers, but they do represent the classic Clu Clu Land and Wrecking Crew titles, both of which were developed by Nintendo. If R.O.B. could be made into a fighter, what would stop those two from joining the fray.
My apologies for misinterperating what characters they are. Now as for these two:

Eggplant Man is a common enemy from two games (One of which is Japan only) and made absolutely no appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl whatsoever (Only appeared in Melee as a trophy). He made no other appearance aside from a few cameo in other game. You could argue that Ice Climbers haven't made many appearances as well and R.O.B. as well, but they at least played as the main protagonists in their respective games. Eggplant Man stands almost no chance of getting into the next Smash.

Now Bubbles is slightly more likely, but I can't really see him work more then as an Assist Trophy, but he could be entered under similar conditions like Ice Climbers. In the chance that we get one Smash per generation after this game, he probably won't make an appearance for quite a few games.
People have complained about me not including Takamaru, so something has been telling me that he's quite popular in Japan. I wouldn't know though, since he's a Japan-only character.
It's not that Takamaru is impossible or a bad addition since I think he would be kind of neat to see, just not very likely to come.
3rd parties, that has been tricky. I'd like to see Square Enix be involved, since the company did make some interesting Nintendo titles, such as the most recent Mario Sports Mix. Add the fact that the company also released popular Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest titles onto the DS. Anyway, Smash Bros. is primarily about the Nintendo titles, so it's pretty obvious that the 3rd party list would be limited to less than 5 characters.
Me too, but the fact is that it's just not likely to happen. Nintendo is much more likely to go for someone that has been supporting them in one way or another then a company that deserted them for an entire generation. Even so, your choices for Square Enix rep are not very good and if any come, it will be just one.

I will agree with you on one thing, we shouldn't expect more then four third-party characters, if we even get that much.
To finish up, I was only trying to make a sensible roster, while not overflowing the playable character amounts with spin-off exclusive characters (Waluigi comes to mind). Without the 3rd parties, the roster adds up to 46 characters when transformations are excluded; 51 when transformations are included.

Basically, the roster probably won't be larger than 55 characters.
Fair enough, I see where you're coming from in here and I do agree that anything more then 55 characters is unrealistic.
BirthNote said:
Why not just make that Mario's DownB? It can be new and old in the sense that it could give him a hop as well as have a good knockback, and still be a spin attack. I imagine that it replaces FLUDD, mainly because this game is likely to have a Galaxy focus. And, like Fox's and ZS Samus's, this DownB can be used for more than attacking; it can aid in recovery by being a third jump.
FLUDD can still be used in an efficient way if the water actually damaged the character.
Birthnote said:
That gives me an idea: Instead of the Galaxy spin, he could do the Tanooki tailspin, in which he suddenly has the suit while spinning, and once that move finishes, the suit disappears. And, since the suit has flight properties, the spin will give him a slight hop when used in midair!
This idea is better then the Galaxy spin, as it doesn't make Luigi more of a clone.
UltiMario said:
Posted this in the WiiU thread, but I guess I'll do it here too:

http://www.petitiononline.com/gcofwiiu/petition.html

Had to be done eventually.

I'd enjoy being able to have more than 2 WiiUs within one building and being able to play Smash4, thanks. That and be able to still play Melee and all the really good games like Mario Party 5 or Double Dash and **** that I still play to this day.
Not going to work. Gamecube compatibility should be the least of our worries for the next console anyway, so the chances of them reconsidering this is incredibly poor.
Majora_787 said:
- EARN CHARACTERS. In Melee, if you wanted to earn characters the "easy way", you had to BS your way through 1,000 matches of versus mode and defeat all of them. Or, you could complete a unique and sometimes difficult challenge to encounter the fighter. In Brawl? 450 matches, and you get everybody. OR go through the tedious story mode. OR do ridiculously easy tasks, like "reflect 10 projectiles". -_-
This. I was disappointed to find out that it took me less then a week to have access to all characters. I think they should increase the limit of getting the final character to 2,000 matches or remove the criteria altogether and force us to use other criteria's.
Majora_787 said:
- DLC. Of SOME nature.

- Character costumes or retextures, not JUST recolors. That got old.
- I would love to see DLC. This is why I made mention of it in the first place and I'm sure it's going to be more then just a way for Nintendo to rob consumers of their money.

- This would also be great. I think Dr. Mario should return as an alt. for Mario, it makes perfect sense for him to do so.[/COLLAPSE]

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Here's my wishlist-

-More character diversity. This is one of the reasons why I like Brawl as much as Melee. In Melee, a lot of the characters (even the ones that weren't direct clones) felt a lot like others. Brawl helped a little bit on this, and hopefully SSB4 will do an even better job.
-Slightly faster pace. Melee was a bit over-the-top for me but Brawl was a bit too slow. A comfortable middle ground would be preferable.
-More moves. I know this game is supposed to be simple, but having more moves can help even more with diversity. For instance, A+B (as mentioned earlier), attacking directly out of a shield, etc.
-More techniques. Same as above. Reverse grabs could help remedy chain grabbing when combined with stale move negation, ranged air grabs could help some characters (Link, Samus, etc.) who suffer from a lack of air power.
-Better character balancing. This doesn't just mean nerf MK and Snake. Goof-ups like Ganondorf, Mewtwo, and Pichu need to be taken care of as well. Speaking of...
-Ganondorf needs a completely revised moveset. His current one has no reflection of the LoZ games, is a clone of another character, and is honestly pretty pathetic for the King of Evil.
-Better story mode. I'm thinking just a string of cutscenes, themed fights, and boss battles would work out perfectly. It's a fighter, there's no need for stuff like Subspace Emissary.
-Better online. Voice chat,smoother gameplay, better matchmaking, and DLC. Maybe a Bungie.net-like online database of personal and global stats as well.
-Better public relations, especially with non-Japanese players. I don't mean taking everything fans say into account, since that would honestly be an utter disaster, but right now Sakurai's relations with his community is the worst I've seen.
-More of a "Nintendo" feel and less of a "Smash Bros." feel. Brawl kinda lost that with frequent SSE references and a kind of "modernized" feel to all the stages. Cartoony universes should stay cartoony, serious universes should stay serious. Mario is the character where this stands out the most. The normally light-hearted plumber scarcely pulls a smile in the Smash Bros. games.
-More unlockables. Melee-style character unlocking, alternate costumes, trophies, stuff like that. I always gain a feeling of satisfaction when I've worked hard to unlock something like a character.
-Remove tripping, stickers, and masterpieces. All of them are huge wastes of time, with stickers being pointlessly redundant with trophies.

I'll add more later as I think of it.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Dunno if this was posted before, but:

E3 2011: Super Smash Bros. Was "A Miracle"

Masahiro Sakurai on making the original Smash Bros. game work, and on the possibility of teaming up with Capcom for the next title.

During IGN's interview with Masahiro Sakurai, the legendary designer behind the Super Smash Bros. titles and the inventor of Kirby, we asked him about the possibility of a Capcom character crossing over into the next Super Smash Bros., which is coming to both 3DS and Wii U. Here's what he had to say:

"I can't say that it's entirely out of the realm of possibility that some Capcom character could appear in the next Smash Bros. The big problem, though, comes from the idea of trying to get characters from a completely different universe to fit with the style that has been dictated by Nintendo's characters in a fighting game.

"In fact, I actually think it's a miracle that we got Smash Bros. and all the Nintendo characters to work together in the first place. Especially when you bring Pokemon into the mix and a lot of the complications that are caused by that being an almost completely different entity on its own, it's really something. So this is something that obviously will come up more as we get started on the new Smash Bros. development, but keeping those things in mind I think is important."

Development on the title hasn't begun yet, but it's encouraging that Mr. Sakurai sees the biggest hurdle as one of ensuring a good fit, as opposed to other potential complications. Given that both Solid Snake and Sonic appeared in Brawl, a classic Capcom character or two could definitely work in the new title.

We also asked Mr. Sakurai whether, looking back at Brawl and Melee, there were any things that he wasn't able to include - but really wanted to - that he could potentially put into the new title? He told is that: "There were actually a lot of things, but perhaps that's something to be talked about when we get closer to discussing that game in more detail."

Guess we'll have to wait and see. We'll have our full interview with Mr. Sakurai up next week, so stay tuned.
Nice little tidbit to think about concerning Capcom.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Basically, there's two main hitstun animations a character has.

Non-tumble, this is the weak hitstun animation your character goes into from weak attacks such as DDD's Dthrow, Falco's lasers, Peach's turnips, weak tilts (like Falco's Ftilt or Meta Knight's jab). You cannot DI during this animation at all, which is why Sheik's Ftilt isn't escapable unless you Smash DI (which DOES work during non-tumble). Normal DI though does not work at all. Which is why you can't get out of DDD's Dthrow chaingrab or Sheik's Ftilt, you can't just hold away to DI out like you would normally in Melee. This also impacts multi-hit moves immensely, even though you can still SDI out of those DI would help with those as well (e.g MK's tornado).

Tumble, you should know this one, it's the typical hitstun animation everyone cancels out of with air dodges and aerials. Strong attacks trigger the animation, like Ganondorf's Warlock Punch, Mario's Forward Smash sweetspot etc. You know how this one looks.

I'm not surprised you weren't aware of non-tumble, it's not really a term most smashers use as far as I've seen.
I played DDD competitively so i understand you loud and clear. I havent heard of the term 'non tumble' but like i said i practiced and played DDD so i understand what your talking about when you used DDD as an example.

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
There's is few Tekken-related suggestions but:

- A ranking system of online brawls, and offline brawls ranked from 9th kyu to 1st Dan and so on.
- A plaza to chill and take breaks from, while you can still attack other people.
- A chat system please!
- More intimating taunts please! Lucas' taunts didn't seem to... fun...
- Combos for the Beginners.
- A well comprehensive tutorial other than that HOW TO PLAY video. (i.e. Special combos, when to use Final Smashes and so on)
- Names that appear in Wi-Fi battles.

EDIT: - using that universal friend code please!!!
- Paula as a Assist Trophy or just a Trophy.

D

Deleted member

I agree with Mario_And_Sonic_Guy that there should be more alternate characters in the game. Here's my list:

Mario: Dr. Mario
King K. Rool: Kaptain K. Rool and Baron K. Roolenstine
Wario: Overall Wario
Link: Dark Link (Unlockable)
Yoshi: More color swaps (Unlockable)
Ness: Ninten
Mega Man: Mega Man X (Both character and alternate are unlockable)

Rosalina suporter

Smash Ace
I like the wii u contoler.. But umm lol i hope there is a usb port for a usb cord i dont like wierless controlleres.Batteres die to fast lol!

I hope they add more femmales id like to see rosalina from mario galaxy and mabe some levels fom it to:D

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
I agree with Mario_And_Sonic_Guy that there should be more alternate characters in the game. Here's my list:

Mario: Dr. Mario
King K. Rool: Kaptain K. Rool and Baron K. Roolenstine
Wario: Overall Wario
Link: Dark Link (Unlockable)
Yoshi: More color swaps (Unlockable)
Ness: Ninten
Mega Man: Mega Man X (Both character and alternate are unlockable)
No, it'll be a waste of space, it should be as a costume. Like Lucas, as Claus.
EDIT: I agree with Ness as Ninten. =D
...but, when I said waste of space. Think of the character of Brawl, if Alt Characters start appearing... how will newcomers be able to fit in?
It'll be total CHAOS. D:

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I wonder if they'll put online leaderboards, or if Sakurai still feels bad for little rank #10000 Jimmy looking up at Mew2king at the top of the rankings.

D

Deleted member

That was I was intending the purpose of these characters to be, like a costume for the main character.

Also, news regarding possible Capcom cooperation is awesome to hear.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Also just throwing out my 2 cents. If they're gonna make the 3DS title and Wii U title connect and function together heres what i want to see;

3DS SSB4

-More focus on story modes or IS the story mode for SSB4 and is how you unlock characters
-Stadium
-Some kind of collecting gimmick
-Mini games such as but not limited to; challenge mode, boss battle, break the targets, all star mode
-Trophy mode for your achievements

Wii U SSB4

-1v1 / 2v2 modes offline with adjustable items, timer, etc.
-Online mode featuring;
leader boards, 1v1 mode, 2v2 mode, FFA mode, friend only mode, and a king of the hill lobby similar to SSF4:AE/MK9

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
you can't alt Mega man X with Mega Man, they aren't the same size.

and OMG... did no one see my suggestion? at least say it is bad or something... i put allot of thought in to it, just to have it ignored!!

D

Deleted member

I edited my posts a bit, go read it. =D
Like I said, I'm intending for the characters to be as costumes. You know, like Wario is a costume for WarioWare Wario in Brawl. They would share the same moveset, the same everything, except for appearance. I don't think it'll interfere with new character coming.

Rykard

Smash Ace
DLC is a must for fighting games these days. especially because of smash's uniqueness, it can not only include characters/stages but also items of some sort as well, which would appeal to the non-competitive masses. I feel like it wont work in the same way street fighter and marvel use it where they actually patch characters and such since Nintendo doesn't seem to care so much about the competitive scene though which is depressing if there are some balancing issues that need attention.

I just hope that something like the shop channel will include melee on the new console with online capabilities

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
^^^^@Rykard

one of the things to keep in mind is patches for infinites and hitstun. MK9 is gonna get wacked for block infinites and MvC3 has seen its fair share of patching for infinites. If we get a DLC support system for SSB4, you WILL see patches if people cry about broken things hard enough.

This can change the how the game is played LITERALLY over night. I'm not sure how some people would react to this, im still on the fence about it personally. However it is something one cannot rule out for next gen.

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
Also just throwing out my 2 cents. If they're gonna make the 3DS title and Wii U title connect and function together heres what i want to see;

3DS SSB4

-More focus on story modes or IS the story mode for SSB4 and is how you unlock characters
I agree, and maybe DLC characters will work?

-Stadium
Mhm, there's should be like... hm MOAR FRIENDLY ONLINE MINI GAMES.

-Some kind of collecting gimmick
Combat Perks? I could be thinking to hard.

-Mini games such as but not limited to; challenge mode, boss battle, break the targets, all star mode
Like my comment in your Stadium suggestion! =D

-Trophy mode for your achievements
...and it should appear in your Friend List! (SSB3D one)

Wii U SSB4

-1v1 / 2v2 modes offline with adjustable items, timer, etc.
^ QFT.

-Online mode featuring;
leader boards, 1v1 mode, 2v2 mode, FFA mode, friend only mode, and a king of the hill lobby similar to SSF4:AE/MK9
I totally agree with this one and Personal Mii names and Miis from 3DS could be used for rankings! =D

Comments are written in red. =D

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
EDIT: I agree with Ness as Ninten. =D
...but, when I said waste of space. Think of the character of Brawl, if Alt Characters start appearing... how will newcomers be able to fit in?
It'll be total CHAOS. D:
Well again it's just outfit alternations, just like with Wario's WarioWare and Classic outfits. The alternate outfits would not change movesets by any means.

And like with Wario's outfits, the alternate outfits would get recolors as well, so that they're team battle usable.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Loocas, i think those offline modes from previous SSB would work great as a hand held title. And i dearly hope we see that because if you get these designers for the 3DS to stick to offline solo only stuff, THEN they can focus on getting the more combat/fighting aspect of the game ironed out in SSB4 for both online/offline. I would very much like to see that.

VVVV both systems will work together, you cannot talk about SSB4 as a stand alone title without including the 3DS

And yea it was half for the 3DS because ALL of those things i mentioned are for the solo gamer and do not require 2 or more people to part take in.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
@Dark 3nergy... half of that post was 3DS... it's strange that everyone is on the Wii U discussion thread rather than the 3DS thread but the Wii U thread still contains ideas for the 3DS.

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
Loocas, i think those offline modes from previous SSB would work great as a hand held title. And i dearly hope we see that because if you get these designers for the 3DS to stick to offline solo only stuff, THEN they can focus on getting the more combat/fighting aspect of the game ironed out in SSB4 for both online/offline. I would very much like to see that.
Right, my thoughts exactly. =D
Well again it's just outfit alternations, just like with Wario's WarioWare and Classic outfits. The alternate outfits would not change movesets by any means.

And like with Wario's outfits, the alternate outfits would get recolors as well, so that they're team battle usable.
Correct, it won't change anything special or that much whatsoever, buuut DLC for costumes is nice! Great use for eShop! =3

EDIT: @Mario and Sonic Guy
Oops, sorry. Didn't see it.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
If Capcom characters really do have a chance, Ryu from Breath of Fire should make it above anyone else. ;D By the way, do you have a link to where that was stated?

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
What's Breath of Fire?

Anyway, Mega Man will no doubt win if Capcom characters will be ok.

BTW online team matches should have the option to turn friendly fire on.

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
Sorry I couldn't help myself... but

ROOOOOLLL CASKEEEET FOR A ASSIST TROPHY!!!
AND MEGA MAN VOLNUTT AS A NEWCOMER!!!

Hey, Sonic came as a newcomer, and Shadow as a assist as well.
The perfect match. =D

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
It's not that I don't understand that, I understand entirely he's out to target everybody. But the most of everybody is not the competitive community so you can't blame me for not being excited for this next game given what he did to Brawl. I don't really care about its success, I'm aware of what journalists said and how much it sold. That's all you ever bring to the table, we're here to discuss where Sakurai will take the next game, how he will come up with something new, how he plans to get everybody. The latter of which he failed to do with Brawl FOR the community as a whole. For me, I'm simply saying that the competitive community is in the minority even though he acknowledges our existence.
What did he do to Brawl? That's right, he made it more accessible. But people here think "he's ruining the game." What always gets me is this line of thinking is unique ONLY to Super Smash Brothers fans. Starcraft 2 is a heck of a lot easier than Starcraft 1. The game automates a lot more. But this has not stopped almost every professional player from moving to Starcraft 2. The only ones that didn't move over are Day 9 (as now he casts for SC2 and does "dailies") and Tasteless (who also cast). Street Fighter players had no problem moving to 4 despite it was way easier than 3 and removed parries and added Ultras (which is just a way to help the losing player). They were able to move to 3 despite it was slower than 2. See the pattern.

Yet, for Smash Brothers players, they can not take the fact that the designer makes it easier. This is not something new. All developers make their game easier in order to appeal to a wider audience. Yet the competitive communities understand that and they like the game enough to keep playing and find all the depth that was never lost. Smash Brothers fans, on the other hand, oppose the introduction of accessibility despite Smash Brothers was built on that idea.

So I can indeed blame you. Sure, you don't have to be excited over nothing (which is what we have now), but I blame you for ignoring your game because some things change. If the Smash brothers community wants to grow, it needs to shrug off this "technical or die," mentality and enjoy the game. Brawl and Smash Brothers would have gone much farther had that happen.

D

Deleted member

@Sonic Storm (#474): Me too, although I only think we'll see Mega Man in.

I have an idea for online. I think there should be a mix of online lobbies and matchmaking. That way, in lobbies, we can design our matches whatever we want (And be able to change the game type while we're at it as well) or play matchmaking if we just want a quick match (No CPU this time around). Would anyone think this would work?
Eternal Yoshi said:
Anyway, Mega Man will no doubt win if Capcom characters will be ok.

BTW online team matches should have the option to turn friendly fire on.
- This. The question being, which variation will Capcom choose? I think we'll get either the classic that almost everyone wants or Volnutt since he appeared in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars and will be in Mega Man Legends 3. Then again, this could also mean Volnutt for SSB4 3DS and Classic for SSB4 Wii-U.

- Why would you want friendly fire as optional in teams?

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
See my above post.

I DOUBT they will have different playable characters between the two that's not custom.

In Online team Brawl, friendly fire is off by default, and you can't turn it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom