• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I can never be mad when spelts in the thread~! <3

but in all serious lets not talk about the same things we've been talking about in the last ssb4 thread. I've asked around, and all onlookers thought it was a complete joke because we discussed the same thing over and over. Will lucario be cut, will zoroark get in over so and so, does this series have enough representations? Lets take a break from character discussion for a bit ya know? sorry i'f i'm being rude but man, that old thread was unbelievably repetitive. X_X

I'll post a big thing about lance characters later. OH and whip. Theres soo much more weapons that can be used other then the several sword characters we have that could make for some more interesting playstyles.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
if they add Ganon transformation back, I want to see bipedal, trident wielding pig Ganon, not this quadrupedal feral beast thing

D

Deleted member

Falco is a tiny bit closer than Wolf. But yes, he is.

And the thing is, I would rather have Luigified clones than full-out clones. So as long as they work on that this time, no complaints.

It makes sense though for them to have vaguely similar specials. x_x I mean, seriously. They all have the same amount of stuff to work with. The ONLY thing they need to change in the way of specials is give Falco and Wolf an Arwing and Wolfen final smash. Respectively.
I wasn't complaining about lugified players, I was just saying that Sakurai probably wants to go beyond lugified players and have all characters unique. Again, not complaining, just saying that he may take out clones that are lugified for a more unique roster.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'll post a big thing about lance characters later. OH and whip. Theres soo much more weapons that can be used other then the several sword characters we have that could make for some more interesting playstyles.
To be specific, I was talking about how Caeda would make a great Fire Emblem addition. Not only is she the primary female protagonist of the first AND LATEST two fire emblem games, she's a lance user. Which, as I had said earlier, is a much more extremist version of Marth's style.

I mean, a Lance isn't just something you swing. It's not some common polearm. It's more complicated than that. =\

And a whip... I take it you're implying Simon Belmont? :3 A whip would be pretty amusing. Zamus ALMOST went in a whip direction, but... there could be more done.

EDIT: I didn't think you were complaining. I'm just saying, I would MUCH rather have an L-clone than a T-clone.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I mean 3D in terms of game play, I already know it is 2.5D, but my suspicion is that you know that already and you are just trolling.
No it would not be a good idea. That would change everything about the game play. It wouldn't even be smash anymore.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
if they add Ganon transformation back, I want to see bipedal, trident wielding pig Ganon, not this quadrupedal feral beast thing
That might not be a problem if Ganondorf gets a different look. If he maintains his Twilight Princess looks, expect Dark Beast Ganon (as he's called in Twilight Princess) to come back too.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Ike-Sama. Come up to someone with a lance and try to swing it at their face. You'll get planted like a tree in the park. A lance and a sword are not the same thing at all. A lance is something for stabbing, and is GENERALLY something that is pretty bad to use at really close range. It would merit its own playstyle entirely.

I never said it was Soul Calibur. Did I ever ask that characters get weapons to cycle through in an inventory menu? No. I asked that we get a fighting style more creative and more demanding than a sword... How about a LANCE? And no puppets. -_- THAT is a fighting game cliche that just needs to stop.

Come back when you're done being ridiculous.

ANYWAY. Yes, Ganondorf truly is most deserving of a moveset overhaul. He needs it more than anyone needs anything. On a priority list, it's like this:

- Give Ganondorf his own moves to show! D:
- Give Samus a Little Birdy to play wi-- Okay... that's a Big Birdy o_o;;
- K. Rool. DK has earned a 3rd rep.
- Give Kid Icarus a sparring-partner to celebrate his series revival.

The character who have swords were included for their characters not for their weapons in Smash weapon is part of the character, weapons don't define the character.....I prefer having Black Knight over than having Caeda...because he has the potential....

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

but in all serious lets not talk about the same things we've been talking about in the last ssb4 thread. I've asked around, and all onlookers thought it was a complete joke because we discussed the same thing over and over. Will lucario be cut, will zoroark get in over so and so, does this series have enough representations? Lets take a break from character discussion for a bit ya know? sorry i'f i'm being rude but man, that old thread was unbelievably repetitive. X_X

You beat me to it. I come back and I see it being the same old, same old, when I like the new faces that were discussing something much more meaningful.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes, I would love a lance character, it would be very unique. However, while I am a fan of Fire Emblem itself, I am not too into the idea of adding very many fire emblem characters into Smash.

majora_787

Smash Hero
The character who have swords were included for their characters not for their weapons in Smash weapon is part of the character, weapons don't define the character.....I prefer having Black Knight over than having Caeda...because he has the potential....
The Black Knight has the potential to be everything Ganondorf could should be.

Caeda is a more recent character, being in the last two fire emblem games, and is more unique. She's more recent, about as relevant, and has much more potential.

And the whole point to give characters their signature weapons is to add to fanservice, AND to give characters more to set them apart. You seem to be perfectly fine with everyone barehanding it in a smash bros. game, but some people would like something a little different once in a while.

Zombiesarecool

Smash Cadet
With all this talk about Megaman noone's really talked about Travis Touchdown as a viable third party character. Suda 51 is like Nintendo's own Hideo Kojima, and he really wants Travis in smash he sort of designed him as a potential Smash character. I think Travis is a shoe-in.

majora_787

Smash Hero
What can he do? Say "Objection!" so many times that he causes people to go mad? Sounds like an unusual Assist Trophy possibility, if Capcom is involved.
I just cannot see Wright being a playable character. An assist trophy, certainly, but...

EDIT: Travis probably won't make it in, sadly, because he is from an M-rated game by Ubisoft.

D

Deleted member

As long as Pheonix Wright is in, I'm a happy camper
Not going to happen. He's a lawyer, what could he do to fight? He stands only a miniscule chance of getting into the 3DS version as a playable character, like Mario_And_Sonic_Guy said, if he's in the game, the best we'll get is an Assist Trophy appearance.

@BlazingKatakiri: If a Capcom character gets in, expect Phoenix Wright to be the next troll character requests that will not be in Smash.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Speaking to MTV, Ubisoft producer Adrian Blunt confirmed that users will make individual accounts on the Wii U; when asked would it be "Equivalent to a gamertag on Xbox Live," Blunt replied,"Yeah, exactly."
source

Good online?

Zombiesarecool

Smash Cadet
Not going to happen. He's a lawyer, what could he do to fight? He stands only a miniscule chance of getting into the 3DS version as a playable character, like Mario_And_Sonic_Guy said, if he's in the game, the best we'll get is an Assist Trophy appearance.

@BlazingKatakiri: If a Capcom character gets in, expect Phoenix Wright to be the next troll character.

I think if a capcom character gets in its megaman or ameteratsu

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
You do realize Pokemon Trainer replaced Mewtwo right? Lucario replaced Pichu.
The Pokemon Roster is always:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Another 1st Generation Rep (Mewtwo, PT)
Latest Generation Rep (Pichu 2nd Gen, Lucario 4th Gen)

I'd be happy with Zoroark or Emolga replacing Lucario.
How so?, last time I checked Lucario played very similar to Mewtwo as far as moves go, look at the Shadow Ball for example.

Also Pokemon Trainer didn't exactly replace anyone, he was a totally unique new character which Melee never had the likes to see.

I agree about Zoroark, if any pokemon gets the boot, I'd say Lucario is the definite candidate

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I just cannot see Wright being a playable character. An assist trophy, certainly, but...

EDIT: Travis probably won't make it in, sadly, because he is from an M-rated game by Ubisoft.
Travis Touchdown being an M rated franchise is not going to hurt his chance in the game as much as you think. Granted, he is unlikely, but is much more likely than someone like Cloud Strife or Phoenix Wright because he's known for his Nintendo appearance and would make a great "WTF" 4th third-party character rep in the questionable chance it does happen.
source

Good online?
I hope it's a thing of good stuff to come.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Characters i want in;

Issac [Golden Sun]
Felix [Golden Sun]
Garet [Golden Sun]
MegaMan [capcom]
Tails [Sega]
Knuckles{Sega]

Characters i want out from Brawl;

PT

You could replace PT with Zoroak and Zorua. Let Zorua <transform> Zoroak as one of his moves.
I'd like lucario to stay in.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Character discussions are the most common because they are one of the biggest things that people care about and one of the main reasons they buy the games. It was like this with Melee and it was like this with Brawl. Which characters will be added also adds a lot of speculation because of everything that can be tied into them from franchise representation to stages to movesets to new gameplay mechanics. Things like stages and items, for example, don't keep discussion as open ended and, in the end, nobody really has any major qualms with them because you can choose to simply not use them. For characters, you don't have the same liberty especially if you play with a lot of different people and how someone's bound to use even the worst characters. There's also the fact that once the roster is decided, new characters won't be added until the next installment which means that people may have to wait 5-6 years if their choices don't make the cut so discussions about them are fueled by a hint of urgency.

D

Deleted member

With DarkSiders 2 releasing at launch for Wii U, I'd love to see one of the four horseman make an appearence, be it character or assist trophy
This isn't going to happen. Just saying.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Character discussions are the most common because they are one of the biggest things that people care about and one of the main reasons they buy the games. It was like this with Melee and it was like this with Brawl. Which characters will be added also adds a lot of speculation because of everything that can be tied into them from franchise representation to stages to movesets to new gameplay mechanics. Things like stages and items, for example, don't keep discussion as open ended and, in the end, nobody really has any major qualms with them because you can choose to simply not use them. For characters, you don't have the same liberty especially if you play with a lot of different people and how someone's bound to use even the worst characters. There's also the fact that once the roster is decided, new characters won't be added until the next installment which means that people may have to wait 5-6 years if their choices don't make the cut so discussions about them are fueled by a hint of urgency.
Even so, that doesn't mean that the same five character topics need to be recycled.

Zombiesarecool

Smash Cadet

Metal Gear Solid has M rated titles in its series. Granted Travis can't use his colorful language but he can certainly use his strawberry on the shortcake catchphrase. And his final smash would be when he turns into a tiger.

Anyway Suda 51 wants it, if it was that easy with Kojima its gotta be just as easy with Suda.
Source

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Travis would be a good edition too. If Tails and Travis made it in SSB4 i would be set as far as mains go

D

Deleted member

Metal Gear Solid has M rated titles in its series. Granted Travis can't use his colorful language but he can certainly use his strawberry on the shortcake catchphrase. And his final smash would be when he turns into a tiger.

Anyway Suda 51 wants it, if it was that easy with Kojima its gotta be just as easy with Suda.
Source
Like I said, Travis Touchdown for SSB4 would be a great character, but it's not going to be as easy as you think. Snake is a very popular video game character, Travis Touchdown is not. You can't just walk up to Sora Ltd., ask Sakurai to put your character in the game, and expect him to say "Yes". Remember, Kojima had to practically beg to get Snake in Melee, which by then, time ran out and he was put in the successive installment instead. Travis also doesn't have a huge fanbase supporting his appearance like Mega Man does, who is also very popular with gamers.

The only third-party characters that has a good chance of appear are Snake, Sonic, and Mega Man.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Characters i want out from Brawl;

PT

You could replace PT with Zoroak and Zorua. Let Zorua <transform> Zoroak as one of his moves.
I'd like lucario to stay in.
I highly doubt it, fact is, PT was totally unique as far as movesets go, plus if pokemon trainer even has a replacement, it will most likely be a newer generation trainer, not a 4th or 5th gen. Pokemon.

:phone:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Travis Touchdown being an M rated franchise is not going to hurt his chance in the game as much as you think. Granted, he is unlikely, but is much more likely than someone like Cloud Strife or Phoenix Wright because he's known for his Nintendo appearance and would make a great "WTF" 4th third-party character rep in the questionable chance it does happen.
I hope it's a thing of good stuff to come.
I believe being M-rated hurts his chances for consideration. Not MUCH, but it will.

And he isn't 4th party, he's 3rd party. o_O

D

Deleted member

In regards to game stages, I would love to see something from Super Mario Galaxy or a Sin & Punishment stage. If Mega Man is in, throw in a stage as well.
I believe being M-rated hurts his chances for consideration. Not MUCH, but it will.

And he isn't 4th party, he's 3rd party. o_O
I see where you're coming from in the first sentence, although I still disagree. Also, I clearly stated "4th third-party character", not "4th party character".

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Possible new stages, I'm guessing...

Patch Castle - Kirby's Epic Yarn
Mast Blast - Donkey Kong Country Returns

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
One of the lighthouse aeries from the first two Golden Sun games. God, that would be sweet. <3
^^^^ we need more golden sun rep really bad, assist trophy was good but i think isaac, garet and felix need to be playable characters

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VETnNiZl5lU&feature=fvst

K. Rool's chances in Smash. With his removal in the newest donkey kong series, I don't see it happening.

Who knows though, Donkey Kong 2 is apparently eventually going to come out and they could decide to add crocs again.

The boss of the last donkey kong game was pathetic, a copy of master hand or that rock african mask guy in Kirby

majora_787

Smash Hero
Once again, metal gear solid is M rated.
Sorry, I misread. x_x

But the difference between Snake and Travis is, Snake was requested for TWO GAMES to be made to work.

Travis is a 3rd party from a completely different company who has his whole history with nintendo, yes, but I think being in an M-rated franchise could hurt him because unlike Snake, he has nothing else going for him. Right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom