• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
^^^^ we need more golden sun rep really bad, assist trophy was good but i think isaac, garet and felix need to be playable characters
Totally needs more rep. Brawl managed to fit in a combined remix of Felix's battle theme and the Doom Dragon theme, but that's not nearly enough. :p

I'm expecting one playable character (Isaac or Matthew) and a stage. If we're REALLY lucky, maybe even another Assist Trophy. It's not a huge franchise or anything, so I think GS fans would blessed just having a playable character in the first place haha

EDIT: Twist Mountain would be SICK, that's a good suggestion.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Travis touchdown sounds like a horrible idea

D

Deleted member

^^^^ we need more golden sun rep really bad, assist trophy was good but i think isaac, garet and felix need to be playable characters
I'm not sure if the console version will even get any playable Golden Sun characters. Maybe one of {Issac, Matthew} but that's it. If all three gets in, at least one will be a clone of each other.
PsychoIncarnate said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VETnNiZl5lU&feature=fvst

K. Rool's chances in Smash. With his removal in the newest donkey kong series, I don't see it happening.
King K. Rool is a popular request for Super Smash Bros. 4 and is next to Ridley in the most popular Nintendo villains request. At least one new villain is almost guarantee for the next game, if Ridley doesn't make it in, King K. Rool probably will or even both of them.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Travis touchdown sounds like a horrible idea
Maybe because he's a 3rd party character who's yet another sword character. He's a vertex hack over Ike for a reason. :3

EDIT: If I had to guess, Golden-Sun would be exclusive to the 3DS version.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
i'd still like to see more Sega characters and at least 1 GS character make it. Tails and Knuckles would do well in the smash universe

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if the console version will even get any playable Golden Sun characters. Maybe one of {Issac, Matthew} but that's it. If all three gets in, at least one will be a clone of each other.King K. Rool is a popular request for Super Smash Bros. 4 and is next to Ridley in the most popular Nintendo villains request. At least one new villain is almost guarantee for the next game, if Ridley doesn't make it in, King K. Rool probably will or even both of them.
So they were for Brawl and neither got in. :lick:

majora_787

Smash Hero
But he's also a key character in the Mario series storyline :awesome:
... Storyline? The Mario series has a storyline now? xD I thought it was just a huge number of recurring instances of princess kidnapping. Silly me? =P

SixWingedAsura

Banned via Warnings
I want to see Fierce Deity Link. (Yes yes, I know he only appeared in one game as a gamebreaking bonus item but I can dream!) If not him, then let my dreams be realized of playing as a Snorlax. ;)

But in all seriousness...

Link for top tier!

D

Deleted member

Dark 3nergy said:
i'd still like to see more Sega characters and at least 1 GS character make it. Tails and Knuckles would do well in the smash universe
As fun as Tails and Knuckles sound, I highly doubt it'll be the case. Only three or four max will probably get in and I highly doubt they'll waste it with more Sonic characters.
RVD_fan said:
Oh, and can't forget about Waluigi
Should remain an Assist Trophy for this game. He's purely a spin-off character.

And your explanation is unjustified. He has not appeared in any of the mainstream Mario games. They'll be looking at canon characters before even touching purely spin-offs characters.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well, this pretty much is a spin off series
But he's also a key character in the Mario series storyline :awesome:
In actuality, I do want Waluigi to be playable, but the hard fact remains that because he hasn't appeared in any mainstream titles, he's probably gonna be stuck as an Assist Trophy again.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Hopefully they don't remove everything remotely advanced in the new Smash Bros. Tired of game developers setting limits for their player base, especially Sakurai for purposely removing in-depth elements of game play like it effects the everyday casual or something.

The hallmark of ANY game at any high-level of play is directly related to creative and abusive use of game mechanics that weren't necessarily intended, these strategies are only capable of being used in games that aren't created to limit player skill level. Hopefully, they don't screw up this game, if they actually allow players to maximize their skill according to their potential instead of limiting this through stale game mechanics, the new game might be as great as Melee.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Wait, Super Mario Sluggers holds the entire alleged timeline for the entire series?! That sounds like an amazing game.
You do get an intense look into the backgrounds and journeys of all the characters in a incredibly deep single-player Action-RPG hybrid.

Turns out Waluigi has always had deep feelings of inadequacy, and since being on the streets from an early age, has focused his insecurities outwards and taken out his frustration on others.

His special "Liar Ball" pitch is a true insight into the depths of his incredibly deep phyche. Truly a character of this emotional magnitude must be represented in Nintendo's gathering of beloved characters?

D

Deleted member

Seriously, though, Waluigi having a moveset being based on the various sports titles would be pretty cool.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Since all protests to reduce character discussions have been ignored, I might as well bring this up.

The only criteria ever said by Sakurai for character inclusion that the character must not be hated and bring something new to the table. Nothing else. If you're gonna discuss characters, at least discuss them intelligently instead of bringing up pointless requirements.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Since all protests to reduce character discussions have been ignored, I might as well bring this up.

The only criteria ever said by Sakurai for character inclusion that the character must not be hated and bring something new to the table. Nothing else. If you're gonna discuss characters, at least discuss them intelligently instead of bringing up pointless requirements.
And they have to originate on a video game console. Having history with Nintendo really helps, but that's not a requirement anymore... it just really, really helps your chances.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And they have to originate on a video game console. Having history with Nintendo really helps, but that's not a requirement anymore... it just really, really helps your chances.
We really don't have a precedent for that outside of Sonic.

D

Deleted member

Another requirement to keep in note is that they must have appeared in at least one Nintendo platform.

UberMario

Smash Master
I wonder if they'll continue the trend of replacing Bowser's Side B move. It'd be interesting if it was swapped out for this.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
You do get an intense look into the backgrounds and journeys of all the characters in a incredibly deep single-player Action-RPG hybrid.

Turns out Waluigi has always had deep feelings of inadequacy, and since being on the streets from an early age, has focused his insecurities outwards and taken out his frustration on others.

His special "Liar Ball" pitch is a true insight into the depths of his incredibly deep phyche. Truly a character of this emotional magnitude must be represented in Nintendo's gathering of beloved characters?
That's a really in depth view of Waluigi. He would be tough to make into a character but also it is possible. I don't like the all sports moves idea because then he would be like a Casey Jones of Smash (Ninja Turtle Reference). He needs more sinister moves.

RVD_fan

Smash Ace
Waluigi

Up-B = Puts on a baseball glove and jumps up to grab a baseball that comes out of nowhere
Side-B = Tennis Racket
B = Liar Ball (Throws two balls, one of them does damage)
Down-B = Moves back and forth and stomps down repeatedly, grounding anyone he hits

Final Smash = Positive Zone - Instead of making other enemies weak, when Waluigi is in the bubble, he gets a bunch of random power-up effects

Done, done, and done

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Snake is a character too. I know, I missed that when I first played Brawl. :3
Yeah, but Snake was included because Kojima explicitly requested him in. That's the official story and I'm sticking with it.

Anyway, those two reasons I mentioned are the core reasons. The 3rd party ones are whatever, but I didn't list them because most discussions pertain to Nintendo characters.

So. Kumatora for SSB4? With the PK Ground alone, I see her working like C. Viper, but she'd be difficult to do mixups with if there is only one version of each of her specials.

D

Deleted member

I wonder if they'll continue the trend of replacing Bowser's Side B move. It'd be interesting if it was swapped out for this.
I'd like to see that a lot. His Side-B is good now, but I think this will improve him. That said, I don't think there's any correlation.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
How so?, last time I checked Lucario played very similar to Mewtwo as far as moves go, look at the Shadow Ball for example.

Also Pokemon Trainer didn't exactly replace anyone, he was a totally unique new character which Melee never had the likes to see.

I agree about Zoroark, if any pokemon gets the boot, I'd say Lucario is the definite candidate

:phone:
It's not the character itself, it's the character slot. Mewtwo got replaced because they thought of a better 1st Gen character to use which was PT. Pichu got replaced because Gold & Silver wasn't the latest Pokemon game anymore when Brawl came out, 4th Gen was so they used a 4th Gen Pokemon which was Lucario.

So yeah. Lucario is guaranteed to go. I can't imagine PT would go anywhere just because the concept of the character is so good. (except for forced Pokemon switching >>)

I'd LOVE if Zoroark was like a "Super Kirby" and can completely transform into his opponent, color, tag, and everything except for their Down-B. Just so he could be like the biggest **** in Doubles.

Also, I'm thinking the Wii U controller may just end up being a sort of 5th player that just controls the stage via Pictochat lines to make fall-through platforms and puffs of air to push around characters with a sort of Okami-esque "paint" meter limiting how many platforms or puffs of air the player can make before they have to erase/recharge their paint/air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom