• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Rofl... Kuma's thinking more of, you've got less than 50 damage and your opponent has over 200 damage, you get a free final smash to finish them off in a violent and humiliating way.

For Tuna. (Sorry, I had to make a BlazBlue joke. :3)

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
every installment of super smash brothers had the combatants with stronger moves. Melee had the smash attacks and brawl had Final smashes. this is why i made my initial suggestion to ramp up the damage even if you disable the smash balls.

I am glad that my suggestion is having some people talk about smash game play rather than the tiring characters debates. (even though it was because one person replied to an early comment of mine and i replied to that one comment)

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
If we had insta kills in smash you know Sakurai would have it at a way lower percent than 200. He wants casuals to see the flashyness of it. Prob 100% and then we have HnK in smash form.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Need to bring back Lcaneling or the same thing will happen that happened in Brawl: 90% of the characters are unusable in competition.
That's an unrealistic demand, considering what direction this is taking. Just decrease landing lag or get rid of it altogether.

majora_787

Smash Hero
If we had insta kills in smash you know Sakurai would have it at a way lower percent than 200. He wants casuals to see the flashyness of it. Prob 100% and then we have HnK in smash form.
No, but in BlazBlue there are some ridiculous requirements, like near full health while your opponent has like 30% health remaining. Almost all of them require your opponent to essentially be dead.

GenG

Smash Lord
Fun is a relative term. I'm sure there's people out there who enjoyed the tripping and the lack of long combos. Some people don't enjoy being utter curbstomped. Not defending tripping (as it's a stupid mechanic) just throwing it out there that opinions can be differed. And unless they completely and utter change the new Smash into something unknown, I'm going to remain hyped.
There are strange people that like strange things. Games is about giving control to the player within certain boundaries, so anything that hinders the player's control without giving him the chance to should be left out in any kind of game, it is just not natural. Having items and pokeballs does not make Smash random because the player can still react against all of that with skill and prediction. Tripping does, because it's out of your control. Also tripping is horrible from a standpoint design since it favors air characters and hurts those who have to run towards the enemy.

Inducing tripping with bananas, attacks and stage hazards it's okay though.

I don't see why casual or party game is equal to bad gameplay. People argue that Smash is not competitive, and I myself am not (I was when I had people to play with), but I enjoy good, tight and responsive controls with free and organic movement with many possibilites like the ones you find in New Mario Bros. Wii or Super Metroid. That is one of the reasons that I still play Melee nowadays, most of the time alone.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Talkin' about Astral Heats? Yeah, those were some wicked requirements. In CT, it had to be the last match in a best-of-whatever series, the opponent had to be under 30% health, and you needed a full Heat gauge. CS made it better, though, so that you simply had to be one game away from winning, no matter how many wins your opponent had.

SixWingedAsura

Banned via Warnings
No, but in BlazBlue there are some ridiculous requirements, like near full health while your opponent has like 30% health remaining. Almost all of them require your opponent to essentially be dead.
I like the idea of having extremely differing percentages to be the deciding factor in being able to use...the super super. Ultimate Smash. Flashy Attack of Doom. Whatever you want to call it. Although it should only be able to be used if the recipient of said attack is at 1 stock? Or during the last 30 seconds of the match? So even if Sakurai decided to lower the damage to 100% or whatever (hey, maybe it could be customizable? YOU decide what percentage the Ultimate Smash can be used at) then it would still be fairly difficult to pull off.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
i would just have both air dodges in the game... one doesn't put you in helpless state and the other, well you know, wavedashing, DI dodging, ledgedashing, etc

the new controller does have 4 shoulder buttons.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I like the idea of having extremely differing percentages to be the deciding factor in being able to use...the super super. Ultimate Smash. Flashy Attack of Doom. Whatever you want to call it. Although it should only be able to be used if the recipient of said attack is at 1 stock? Or during the last 30 seconds of the match? So even if Sakurai decided to lower the damage to 100% or whatever (hey, maybe it could be customizable? YOU decide what percentage the Ultimate Smash can be used at) then it would still be fairly difficult to pull off.
I don;t trust my friends with that responsibility. They'll combo me with a press of the A button into an ultimate one-hit-kill. xD

For tuna. :3

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
No, you need both of you burst stocks and you don't need full heath. You obviously have never play HnK before. Fatal supers happen ALL OF THE TIME and I can actually see Sakurai doing that.

SixWingedAsura

Banned via Warnings
There are strange people that like strange things. Games is about giving control to the player within certain boundaries, so anything that hinders the player's control without giving him the chance to should be left out in any kind of game, it is just not natural. Having items and pokeballs does not make Smash random because the player can still react against all of that with skill and prediction. Tripping does, because it's out of your control. Also tripping is horrible from a standpoint design since it favors air characters and hurts those who have to run towards the enemy.

Inducing tripping with bananas, attacks and stage hazards it's okay though.

I don't see why casual or party game is equal to bad gameplay. People argue that Smash is not competitive, and I myself am not (I was when I had people to play with), but I enjoy good, tight and responsive controls with free and organic movement with many possibilites like the ones you find in New Mario Bros. Wii or Super Metroid. That is one of the reasons that I still play Melee nowadays, most of the time alone.
I hear ya, I hear ya. I dunno, I might be a bit of a scrub or whatever the hell else you call it, but I kinda don't want to see Smash Brothers turn out to be like...well, BlazBlue or Guilty Gear. I love the simplicty of it and how even when you're losing, it doesn't really feel like losing. (Well, in Brawl anyways. One encounter with a Wavedashing Fox and I quit Melee pretty much until Brawl came out) Adding some additional options (super attacks/meters, changing smashes and what have you) is fine, but adding too many advanced options just...I dont' know, seems to take away from the silly and nostalgic fun that I had. But hey, I'm sure competitive people probably feel the same about Melee to Brawl, so it's all up to opinion.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Rofl... Kuma's thinking more of, you've got less than 50 damage and your opponent has over 200 damage, you get a free final smash to finish them off in a violent and humiliating way.

For Tuna. (Sorry, I had to make a BlazBlue joke. :3)
I wanna ride the Nissan!

ETWIST, how come you're not big on supers? I understand if it's because it's something new to Smash.

majora_787

Smash Hero
No, you need both of you burst stocks and you don't need full heath. You obviously have never play HnK before. Fatal supers happen ALL OF THE TIME and I can actually see Sakurai doing that.
... You may have missed the part where I was talking about BlazBlue.

And Tuna. :3
Okay, I'll stop that now. xD

PF9

Smash Lord
Another thing I'd like to see is weather conditions. Certain stages ("outdoor" stages) could have matches played under weather conditions, and they can actually affect gameplay.

Like for instance, rain can reduce the power of fire attacks.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Naturally, meter buildup for moves would have to vary from character to character so there'd be no dined method for it.

I've been suggesting Super moves ever since I've played Street Fighter IV and I think it'd make watching the games much more interesting while adding more strategy. And I was thinking about this when playing BlazBlue: Make the Final Smash moves in Brawl instant kill moves with very specific and mostly not practical conditions.
Interesting concept, I like the idea, though in general it works better in tradional fighters than it would in smash, I'd don't know though, you guys are up to something revolutionary.

:phone:

majora_787

Smash Hero
You know, this talk of making Smash's final smashes like BlazBlue's astral finishers makes me want to see someone run face-first into a telephone pole when they win a fight. :D

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I wanna ride the Nissan!

ETWIST, how come you're not big on supers? I understand if it's because it's something new to Smash.
I just don't think it would work, but maybe it would idk.

... You may have missed the part where I was talking about BlazBlue.

And Tuna. :3
Okay, I'll stop that now. xD
I corrected you about BB, so I did mention it. You didn't get what I was saying. Sakurais not gonna make it ridiculous to get a super, he's gonna want people to see them all of the time, and if he did that, again, HnK in smash form.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Interesting concept, I like the idea, though in general it works better in tradional fighters than it would in smash, I'd don't know though, you guys are up to something revolutionary.

:phone:
Revolutionary? Nah. Just wait until SmashChu comes in and kills this conversation with more sales and accessibility bullcrap.

Anyway, the reason I suggested that Brawl's Final Smashes be made instant kill moves is because they already are for the majority of them. So, instead of trying to balance out these inherently broken moves, keep them in as flashy, but impractical finishers.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
You know, this talk of making Smash's final smashes like BlazBlue's astral finishers makes me want to see someone run face-first into a telephone pole when they win a fight. :D
Yo, I think it'd be wicked as balls.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I just don't think it would work, but maybe it would idk.

I corrected you about BB, so I did mention it. You didn't get what I was saying. Sakurais not gonna make it ridiculous to get a super, he's gonna want people to see them all of the time, and if he did that, again, HnK in smash form.
Oh. I thought your point was entirely related to HnK, and I was a little... <_< Confused as to where that came from.

And I think it would be funny to have at least one character have an easter egg final smash that they can only use when their opponent is losing to them by (insert number of stocks allowed in the given match) and about 100% damage. xD

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Revolutionary? Nah. Just wait until SmashChu comes in and kills this conversation with more sales and accessibility bullcrap.

Anyway, the reason I suggested that Brawl's Final Smashes be made instant kill moves is because they already are for the majority of them. So, instead of trying to balance out these inherently broken moves, keep them in as flashy, but impractical finishers.
I don't know if I like the sounds of that idea... It just sounds too Mortal Kombat for my taste. But then again I hardly ever play with Final Smashes on so it doesn't truly matter as long as it is optional.

majora_787

Smash Hero
In Super Smash Bros. 4, they need at least one stage with some club beats. I nominate 'Keep On Moving (FNP Remix)'. I don't care where, but Smash needs some real fight music going on.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Oh, we promised not to talk like that to each other in public!!! (jk)

But the idea of fatal finishers is fine, its just how there put into play and come out is what would become more technical
...<3

I'd probably be happy with however the concept would turn out, so long as we got the option to disable the ability to do it. I'm sure insta-kill finishing moves wouldn't be allowed in competitive Smash, no matter how absurd the pre-requisites.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I don't know if I like the sounds of that idea... It just sounds too Mortal Kombat for my taste. But then again I hardly ever play with Final Smashes on so it doesn't truly matter as long as it is optional.
What the hell are you talking about? MK never has anything like that. Hell, MK9 was the first time MK has even had a super meter.

Unless you're talking about fatalitys, which is also off.

majora_787

Smash Hero
HA! knowing sakurai he'll demand like... pokemon travel music
I don't care as long as it isn't mellow. It's gotta have a tempo, it's gotta have TENSION!! Cmon now, we can't have this utter silliness on the soundtrack. If they're gonna make all of the music familiar, at least remix it a little so it works for a brawl. (no pun intended)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom