• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Waluigi

Up-B = Puts on a baseball glove and jumps up to grab a baseball that comes out of nowhere
Side-B = Tennis Racket
B = Liar Ball (Throws two balls, one of them does damage)
Down-B = Moves back and forth and stomps down repeatedly, grounding anyone he hits

Final Smash = Positive Zone - Instead of making other enemies weak, when Waluigi is in the bubble, he gets a bunch of random power-up effects

Done, done, and done
I really like the Liar Ball move. It would be a great reflector counter. The Tennis Racket and Stomp is from his AT. I'm not sure about the Up B though. The positive zone wouldn't be very effective because if you just stay out of the bubble then he can't do anything. With Luigi's you could go out and get people into the bubble.

D

Deleted member

BlazingKatakiri said:
It's not the character itself, it's the character slot. Mewtwo got replaced because they thought of a better 1st Gen character to use which was PT. Pichu got replaced because Gold & Silver wasn't the latest Pokemon game anymore when Brawl came out, 4th Gen was so they used a 4th Gen Pokemon which was Lucario.
I don't think Mewtwo and Pichu were replaced for those reasons.

I think Mewtwo and Pichu were removed because they were crap in Super Smash Bros. Melee. Mewtwo was floaty and underwhelming while Pichu hurt himself every time you used a special move. Mewtwo may come back in the future with a better moveset (Although I'm questioning even him returning despite demands for that), but Pichu will probably never again come back as a playable character.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Thanks for the citation TKONTK.

Almost lost the link.

As I said in another thread, The Wii-U controller is likely a prototype.
Remember this?

No problem.

I'm really hyped about this announcement; too bad the development is still in pretty much the earliest stage though.

But better something to look forward to than nothing at all, imo.

majora_787

Smash Hero

I think Mewtwo and Pichu were removed because they were crap in Super Smash Bros. Melee. Mewtwo was floaty and underwhelming while Pichu hurt himself every time you used a special move. Mewtwo may come back in the future with a better moveset (Although I'm questioning even him returning despite demands for that), but Pichu will probably never again come back as a playable character.
Pichu was removed because it was a clone. Mewtwo was still partially programmed in Brawl, so I bet time constraints.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Um you do know that the controller has SONY written on it, right? Wait am I misunderstanding the post?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Um you do know that the controller has SONY written on it, right?
His point is that things change from the time they are revealed till the time they are released. Don't count everything we've seen about the wii-u to be final.

Though it comes out in a year, I'm pretty sure it's finalized.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I wonder if they'll continue the trend of replacing Bowser's Side B move. It'd be interesting if it was swapped out for this.
Yes! This would work wonders on Bowser, I love him!!

Anyway, Wart from SMB.2 definetly needs reviving and more recognition, if G&W and R.O.B. were able to be revived, I don't see why Wart wouldn't. Sure you may say he's not as iconic as the other two, but he's really had a past with Nintendo that has long been forgotten since Super Mario Advance.

:phone:

GenG

Smash Lord
I have read all the 45 pages of the thread so far and I'm starting to feel a bit hype for a new Smash after the big letdown that was Brawl.

I do not care for specific gameplay mechanics. I can enjoy it whether the game is fast or slow, but please, that is no excuse for ill gameplay design. Things like tripping, invisible hitboxes, restriction of movement and bias towards single-hitting characters while the "comboing" ones cannot hit **** due to airdodge and hitstun-cancelling mechanics, or the overly defensive playstyle that kills some characters.

And finally, true online in the series, please. I remember when Brawl was announced and Sakurai said that online was the biggest reason to make a new Smash game... I wonder where that went to.

In short, that whatever he makes gameplay wise, is not full of flawed design ideas and everything holds nice, tight and cohesive. And fun.

As for characters?
Mewtwo
Mii
Golden Sun character
Sin & Punishment character
Animal Crossing character
Little Mac
Ray (Custom Robo)
Starfy
Third party character 1
Third party character 2

10 characters is OK. Too many would create balance problems.

D

Deleted member

Pichu was removed because it was a clone. Mewtwo was still partially programmed in Brawl, so I bet time constraints.
Pichu being a clone is why he sucked. It's a given he was going to go because Sakurai said that he was intended as a joke character.

Fair enough with Mewtwo, thought. This is why I'm hoping that we could see five Pokemon rep next generation. Both Mewtwo and Lucario have the potential to be great characters if done well, thought chances both get in are very low.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Someone said something about relevant Pokemon stages.

I had an idea for a transitioning stage that travels from Black City to White Forest and vice versa, via a special power from Reshiram and Zekrom, respectively. These two places are the exclusive locations of Black and White, and transitioning from one area to another via the BW mascots is a great way to represent them both. The times in which the stages transitions would be random, and both sites would have different stage layouts. There may or may not be a central platform ala Delfino that travels along with the players.

So it'd be like Delfino and PTAD in theory and conception.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Someone said something about relevant Pokemon stages.

I had an idea for a transitioning stage that travels from Black City to White Forest and vice versa, via a special power from Reshiram and Zekrom, respectively. These two places are the exclusive locations of Black and White, and transitioning from one area to another via the BW mascots is a great way to represent them both. The times in which the stages transitions would be random, and both sites would have different stage layouts. There may or may not be a central platform ala Delfino that travels along with the players.

So it'd be like Delfino and PTAD in theory and conception.
Or they could have Black City in the console version, and White Forest in the handheld. haha, ha.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
Or they could have Black City in the console version, and White Forest in the handheld. haha, ha.
I can honestly see him doing that.

I'd rather not see Bowser get his Side B changed, cuz Bowsercides are just waaaaay too fun to pass up. ):

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
While I'm sure that move would be fantastic for Bowser, Yoshi and Jigglypuff already have it

Edit: What Smash needs is patches that can be downloaded. Nintendo needs a better internet service

majora_787

Smash Hero
I can honestly see him doing that.

I'd rather not see Bowser get his Side B changed, cuz Bowsercides are just waaaaay too fun to pass up. ):
But Bowser deserves an epic boss attack like his spike roll of death. ;_;

I honestly ALWAYS felt that Ganondorf and Bowser should be heavily based off boss appearences, but toned down a little. We don't need anything like random boss-level roster characters. xD

D

Deleted member

While I'm sure that move would be fantastic for Bowser, Yoshi and Jigglypuff already have it

Edit: What Smash needs is patches that can be downloaded. Nintendo needs a better internet service
So I guess that means Bowser is probably keeping his old B-Side.

Also, I want to know what I need to do to create a full moveset for a character. I'm thinking about doing Mega Man.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
What they should do is have an option on adjusting the overall speed and gravity effects of the game. That way people who like the faster melee can be happy and brawl fans can enjoy the slower casual game. Then you can change it to ridiculous speeds where the whole game is in slow motion or lighting fast (just for fun). Tournaments can set a regulated standard and everyone can be happy.

SixWingedAsura

Banned via Warnings
...In short, that whatever he makes gameplay wise, is not full of flawed design ideas and everything holds nice, tight and cohesive. And fun.
Fun is a relative term. I'm sure there's people out there who enjoyed the tripping and the lack of long combos. Some people don't enjoy being utter curbstomped. Not defending tripping (as it's a stupid mechanic) just throwing it out there that opinions can be differed. And unless they completely and utter change the new Smash into something unknown, I'm going to remain hyped.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to make a new Geno moveset. There are hundreds out there from Brawl days, but there are some wonderful possibilities I can imagine

majora_787

Smash Hero
I remember making a few movesets myself... I'd post my Ridley moveset, or my 02 Moveset, or something, maybe even my Skull Kid moveset. But only if you guys are interested. xD

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
apologies for the tardiness...
@augustoflores: Regarding your idea, don't we already have something like that in Brawl? I've noticed that you could charge up your Smash, that's why I ignored it initially.
yes, i know you can charge up your smash attacks in melee and in brawl but my suggestion was to have a fully charged smash attack become a totally new move... like Enhanced attacks in MK9 or EX attacks in Street Fighter...

lets say you are charging your smash attack but only charged it 99%... you will use your regular smash attack instead of the aforementioned "Strike" attack.

it is a step up from smash attacks... even fully charged smash attacks don't compare with the "strike" attack. this should put the players on the offensive or defensive depending on the situation... and to put some more into the enhancing... more chargeable specials for all characters... not just the ones that had it in brawl. (ike, link, etc.)
i would like for Peach to have a charged Peach Bomber.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
i want roy back....
maybe... squirtle, bulbasaur and charmander with PKMN trainer... they can evolve during the match... too crazy that idea?

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983

Mewtwo in Brawl's mechanics is actually in the same league as Wario when you place him in the current Metagame. Easily one of the top 8 characters. Melee's mechanics was the only thing wrong with Mewtwo. Hell if his Side-B reflector actually reflected the projectile with damage, he'd probably be Top 4 in Brawl.

It's pretty much a given that at one point all Melee characters were playable, bar the ones they knew were going to be out and probably got deleted right away. They basically ported Melee and built Brawl around it. A lot of melee things are in Brawl. Even unused Trophies from Melee like Donkey Kong Jr. with Melee's trophy lighting are still in the game. It's more than safe to assume that as soon as they came up with Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo was out of the game.

Sakurai even said in the interview that he's porting Brawl and building Smash 4 (for both systems) around it. So expect a lot of leftover Brawl files.

Sakurai also mentioned that he doesn't want to "JUST" bump the Character roster to 50 and double the amount of stages. Which implies that's what he's planning on doing, but not JUST doing that.

So there's your alleged Character & Stage numbers right there at least for the Wii U version.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'd like to see Soren (FE) in SSB4, and for Zelda to get better :p
Soren huh, his magic spells would be spectacular for smash, but I can honestly see him appearing as an Assist Trophy, if anyone from the FE franchise has a chance it would be either Macaiah or Lynn, though like I mentioned before, an antogonist would really establish the series in smash even further.

:phone:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
apologies for the tardiness...

yes, i know you can charge up your smash attacks in melee and in brawl but my suggestion was to have a fully charged smash attack become a totally new move... like Enhanced attacks in MK9 or EX attacks in Street Fighter...

lets say you are charging your smash attack but only charged it 99%... you will use your regular smash attack instead of the aforementioned "Strike" attack.

it is a step up from smash attacks... even fully charged smash attacks don't compare with the "strike" attack. this should put the players on the offensive or defensive depending on the situation... and to put some more into the enhancing... more chargeable specials for all characters... not just the ones that had it in brawl. (ike, link, etc.)
i would like for Peach to have a charged Peach Bomber.
I don't know about this. I really didn't like Link's charging spinning attack because I never had time to pull it off. I really like the instant power Link's original spin attack had.

gsninja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gsninja
3DS FC
5455-9389-5386
Switch FC
1284 3127 1819
The only full moveset I ever worked on was Isaac's. A attacks, grabs, everything, too bad I never saved it.

But hell yeah majora, I always love to see other people's ideas for a moveset.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What about a power meter that unleashes special attacks when it fills up>

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's pretty much a given that at one point all Melee characters were playable, bar the ones they knew were going to be out and probably got deleted right away. They basically ported Melee and built Brawl around it. A lot of melee things are in Brawl. Even unused Trophies from Melee like Donkey Kong Jr. with Melee's trophy lighting are still in the game. It's more than safe to assume that as soon as they came up with Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo was out of the game.
But Mewtwo had things that were made FOR him for Brawl, not just ported from Melee. Not much, but he was in development for at least a half hour. =P

And here's a little bit of my old, undedited Skull Kid moveset...

Special Attacks

^B: Piano Strings
Skull Kid does a tether recovery with some of his puppet strings. In the air, eight strings shoot from Skull Kid’s hands in an arc in the direction he’s facing. On the ground, he shoots eight strings in a fan pattern over his head, and anyone who gets hit is pulled toward Skull Kid like a grab. No damage, no knockback.

>B: Puppet
Similar to snake's missile. Skull kid plays his horn and a puppet appears next to him. He controls the puppet, which has its own small moveset and final smash, but it cannot move too far away from Skull Kid. If it leaves the set distance, it falls apart and Skull Kid becomes vulnerable. You can press shield to drop control of the puppet, and you can pick it up and carry it to another location and reuse it in another spot. Skull Kid can use another Skull Kid's puppet, just like Wario with bikes. Skull Kid is always vulnerable during this attack as well, and the puppet has no ranged attacks. It does, however, save him from a potential knockout if he has high damage and gets knocked out of control, which negates the knockback. Only one puppet can be out at a time. The puppet moves quickly, can only jump once, and only has three attacks. It cannot shield. But it can grab someone and become inactive for Skull Kid to get a hit in. This would only work if the target is very close to Skull Kid and has very high damage.

VB: Forest Siren
Skull Kid plays his horn and a small barricade of leaves forms around him. This is the exact opposite of a reflector that StarFox reps use, as direct attacks will cause damage to the attacker. However, throwing a projectile at Skull Kid during this attack will disrupt the attack and damage him. Low damage, medium knockback. The Forest Siren cannot be held for too long, and leaves Skull Kid vulnerable and out of breath. If you try to abuse the Forest Siren, it will actually shrink until it is unable to work at all.

B: Trumpet
Skull Kid blows on his trumpet and makes a small shockwave go forward. It's similar to Zamus's paralyzer, in the sense that it goes forward and stuns whoever it hits. It doesn’t go far, has no knockback, and doesn’t leave Skull Kid vulnerable.

Final Smash: Purple Mist / Puppet Swarm
The screen gets covered in purple mist for about 15-20 seconds. Everyone becomes invisible except for their tag, and Skull Kid is invincible. However, opponents in the mist don't fly as far and fall more slowly due do the density of the fog. After the time is up, the fog fades and everyone is visible and vulnerable again. So it doesn't do anything for him other than buy him some time on racking up damage. The mist also makes all explosives duds. Bob ombs vanish instead of exploding, and explosive crates never break.

Puppet's FS: If a puppet gets a smash ball, then two other puppets appear. Skull Kid vanishes, and the player is in complete control over the original puppet. The other two are computer controlled, always level three. Every time a puppet is destroyed, it gets respawned. The effects last for 10-15 seconds. They contain the same properties as Skull Kid’s puppets, except they can go anywhere in the arena they want. The puppets are destroyed as easily as a mid-weight character with 100 damage.

This moveset is for Twilight Princess Skull Kid, if you're wondering.

SixWingedAsura

Banned via Warnings
How about mini-Final Smashes? Maybe do the meter idea like PsychoIncarnate mentioned and have it increase a little bit for getting hit/hitting (and scale it to the character, so a character that's heavier and harder to knock out would fill slower than say a light and easy to KO character) and when it's full, you can perform a special attack that, while not being as powerful as a full-scale Final Smash, would be fairly powerful nonetheless? I dunno, just an idea.

EDIT: Or instead of scaling, leave it as is. It would encourage fast characters to attack quickly and repeatedly, while rewarding heavier characters for staying in play longer and taking more damage.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I'm thinking of a charging smash attack that changes as charge. A bar would appear above the character's head and would change colors depending on the move. Peach would be a fine example,

Charge 1: Frying Pan
Charge 2: Tennis Racket
Charge 3: Golf club

There could even be a bigger charge that would unlock a mini cut scene (or mini- final smash as SixWingedAsura puts it) if you can pull it off. I don't know how effective it would be but it would be cool to see.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Need to bring back Lcaneling or the same thing will happen that happened in Brawl: 90% of the characters are unusable in competition.

SixWingedAsura

Banned via Warnings
I'm thinking of a charging smash attack that changes as charge. A bar would appear above the character's head and would change colors depending on the move. Peach would be a fine example,

Charge 1: Frying Pan
Charge 2: Tennis Racket
Charge 3: Golf club

There could even be a bigger charge that would unlock a mini cut scene (or mini- final smash as SixWingedAsura puts it) if you can pull it off. I don't know how effective it would be but it would be cool to see.
It would be an awesome idea, but again, with the speed of play, many of the awesome-er charge specials wouldn't see the light of play (or at least competitive play). Hell, even as a casual, my friends and I don't stand around in battle long enough to fully charge smash attacks...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How about mini-Final Smashes? Maybe do the meter idea like PsychoIncarnate mentioned and have it increase a little bit for getting hit/hitting (and scale it to the character, so a character that's heavier and harder to knock out would fill slower than say a light and easy to KO character) and when it's full, you can perform a special attack that, while not being as powerful as a full-scale Final Smash, would be fairly powerful nonetheless? I dunno, just an idea.

EDIT: Or instead of scaling, leave it as is. It would encourage fast characters to attack quickly and repeatedly, while rewarding heavier characters for staying in play longer and taking more damage.
Naturally, meter buildup for moves would have to vary from character to character so there'd be no dined method for it.

I've been suggesting Super moves ever since I've played Street Fighter IV and I think it'd make watching the games much more interesting while adding more strategy. And I was thinking about this when playing BlazBlue: Make the Final Smash moves in Brawl instant kill moves with very specific and mostly not practical conditions.

SixWingedAsura

Banned via Warnings
Naturally, meter buildup for moves would have to vary from character to character so there'd be no dined method for it.

I've been suggesting Super moves ever since I've played Street Fighter IV and I think it'd make watching the games much more interesting while adding more strategy. And I was thinking about this when playing BlazBlue: Make the Final Smash moves in Brawl instant kill moves with very specific and mostly not practical conditions.

Ooh! I like! Maybe animate them with some awesome FMV/cutscene! Sure, it might not be seen often in tournaments, but it could definetly be a Crowning Moment of Awesome if you could pull one off!

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I was gonna say the same thing kuma said. It's probably the most likely choice too. :/

I honestly don't like the thought of supers in smash.

UberMario

Smash Master
All three could behave differently, though. In Brawl (and Melee) Yoshi doesn't charge his move, ends up in a freefall after using it (which is stupid, because you're falling the entire time to begin with), is slower, brakes better, and does less damage than Jigglypuff. While Jigglypuff's move requires a lot of charging (that can NOT be stored), is incredibly fast, incredibly powerful, and almost impossible to stop if you overshoot your target.

Bowser's could be a speedy, powerful, chargeless rolling move that can not be turned around, but still allows you to use a recovery move afterward and allowed you to "cancel" out of it mid-roll by jumping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom