• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Rule To Help With MetaKnight

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
So we DON'T have a MK problem?

You tell me whats been going on for the past 8 months?

A simple rule such as this that isn't even that hard to approve would stop the MK conversation once and for all. Obviously neither side is going to give up until a descion is made. I'm making a descision that hardly even handicaps MK at all.
no we don't.
like i said, MK may be by far the best character, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be banned. and since the SBR decided he shouldn't be banned, there is no NEED to do anything in between like this. a decision HAS already been made, and that's NO BAN. so stop QQing and deal with it.

Tennet

Smash Champion
Or we stop whining, suck it up and further develop your main's metagame and starting learning the MK match up so you might actually be able to do something other than whine.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
I see both points, but this rule will not work. Putting such a large ban on something to make such a minimal effect is not efficient.

But the superiority of Metaknight is obvious, and people need to stop switching to Metaknight just because he's the best. :/ Is the point of these tournaments just winning, or is it to win with a character you like to play as? If it's the former, I want no part in the tournaments you guys go to. I want to enjoy playing, it's not a job to me.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
There is no reason to ban metaknight. He is not banworthy, nor is he broken. Hes a good character, but not THAT good. Anyone who says otherwise just isnt that good at the game.

EDIT: Trying to say that MK is broken at lower levels of play and more balanced higher up.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't think I need to be babied in a tournament. I want to fight against MKs. I want to fight against MKs with their full strength. Give me the challenge.
This. It's the only way to improve, anyways.

:roll:

PS: MK is still gay though.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Since when did you need "match up debating skills" to openly state an opinion? Quite frankly, that's all they are. Match up ratios are commonly decided by the opinions of the communities top players or intelligent contributers. That doesn't make them fact.

That being said, the Meta Knight boards are the last location you would refer to for anything even remotely reliable with regards to match ups.

I'm not agreeing with his statement. I believe Meta Knight can be put to a disadvantage. However, trying to disprove him by using the credibility of a board is absurd and rather silly.
He said state on guy who even goes 55:45 with MK, which everyone should know by now. This crap has already been agreed on, I dont need to explain it him because he's ignorant. It's like a racist saying name on job a colored man can better than a white man, or w/e, it's already been proven.

He's being an ignorant ***, dont ****ing support him.

Tennet

Smash Champion
best post in the whole thread. this person knows what hes talking about
inorite
Its SO annoying seeing like 3+ threads pop up about MK and most of it is 8 pages of whining. I still don't know why I lurk here for hours...

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Or we stop whining, suck it up and further develop your main's metagame and starting learning the MK match up so you might actually be able to do something other than whine.
Best idea I've heard yet. :p

The problem is that most of these people complaining about stuff complain because they suck, not because they have a legitimate complaint.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Over the course of time it already seems as MK is losing his dominance to a degree. People are focusing on developing their characters a whole lot more, but so is the MK crew so who knows.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Yeah, the MK match-up should be solid to everyone who is really competitive. ^^^Work on your individual characters strength & abuse it against MK. He isn't as difficult to defeat if you actually study the match-up. Also work on your smarts! You should be thinking a couple moves ahead if you want to beat MK. If you predict what there going to do, & where they'll be at, it will become a lot easier to win.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
No.

We don't arbitrarily nerf characters with rules intended to specifically nerf them, and only them. Either they're "too good" and has to be banned or we don't touch them. All you're doing with this is slightly nerfing, what, two of his match-ups (just slightly)?

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Wario can beat MK on most stages due to MK's terrible air speed, just camp MK, he can't approach Wario too well without telegraphing his moves or being wide open to punishment.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Kirby and Bowser have good matchups vs MK (by good I mean compared to most of the cast). I'm also convinced that DK goes 45:55 against MK (this is one of my favorite matchups when I'm playing DK). I think a good handful of MK's matchups are gonna wind up to even or very close to even in the future.

Ulevo

Smash Master
He said state on guy who even goes 55:45 with MK, which everyone should know by now. This crap has already been agreed on, I dont need to explain it him because he's ignorant. It's like a racist saying name on job a colored man can better than a white man, or w/e, it's already been proven.

He's being an ignorant ***, dont ****ing support him.
I'm not supporting his claims. I'm saying you really have no justification for yours. And you don't.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Kirby and Bowser have good matchups vs MK (by good I mean compared to most of the cast). I'm also convinced that DK goes 45:55 against MK (this is one of my favorite matchups when I'm playing DK). I think a good handful of MK's matchups are gonna wind up to even or very close to even in the future.
I agree...Falco, Snake, Wario, Bowser, Kirby and Diddy look 5/5ish to me. Zamus and G&W are very close, some people also like to mention Olimar though I'm not sure yet.
I think most characters can beat MK. My impression is that a 4/6 in the opponents favour is still a realistically managable match-up...that means that Snake, Falco, D3, G&W, ROB, Marth, Diddy, Lucario, Peach, Kirby, DK, Olimar, Zamus and Wario have realistic chances to win. I'm also adamantly insistent on Luigi having a 4/6 match-up as well as Wolf.

Most people who have troubles with MK should play him a little. It really helps you to find ways to deal with him and it's not as hard as most people think. It's not easy though but sooner or later you'll find out ways to beat him. D3, Falco and Snake **** most characters much harder anyways. There are few cases where MK is actually a characters worst match-up.

No need for a new stage rule. There are very few stages that are more beneficial for MK than most other characters. Lylat is the only stage I can think of but you can just ban it. People overrate MKs "immunity" to get CPed. He gets KOd very fast on flat stages like Brinstar or Halberd and has KO issues on FD. All grab release CGs are 0-deaths on Delphino Plaza and Castle Siege....5 potential CPs against Meta for many characters. MK on the other hand barely benefits from other stages than Lylat Cruise in the first place so I think he's easier to CP than King Dedede (or Snake) imo...

:059:

c0nd0r

Smash Apprentice
I still like my Idea of a 10% handicap for JUST MK (no slippery slope) better.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I'm not supporting his claims. I'm saying you really have no justification for yours. And you don't.
Falco can cg Mk for heavy damage and chill with his lazers til he can get a quick u smash kill. Snake ***** MK on the ground and as long as he's on stage he's winning, M2k states it's in Snakes favor for this reason. I could go on, I have justification, I'm not pulling these ideas out of my ***.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I'm still a big supporter of the "get over it and move on" solution.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I like how all the MK mainers are all like "No that's a bad idea" but everyone else is all like "Yeah it's a great idea, MK is so unfair."
That's not true at all, shut the **** up.

I use Kirby, snake, DDD, and I only kinda use MK in friendlies. Dont make find all the other people who say this **** is stupid who dont play MK so you look like an even big *******.

God **** dude every post I've seen you make is just ooooooooooooozing with ignorance.

@Condor-No, lol, that's stupid, you should stop right now.

Johnny Pteran

Smash Journeyman
That's not true at all, shut the **** up.

I use Kirby, snake, DDD, and I only kinda use MK in friendlies. Dont make find all the other people who say this **** is stupid who dont play MK so you look like an even big *******.

God **** dude every post I've seen you make is just ooooooooooooozing with ignorance.

@Condor-No, lol, that's stupid, you should stop right now.
1. Wow, you're either on your period or you're experiencing intense rage right now. Or both.

2. Oh, wow, what a shock. You use all the best characters in the game, and yes, you DO use MetaKnight. Which just proves I'm right.

Johnny Pteran

Smash Journeyman
i like how somebody 2 posts above you just denied what you just said. smooth
How do you know that person doesn't use MetaKnight?

Besides, I don't see anything wrong with this rule. If you want to use a character that every other character is disadvantaged against, then you should have to suffer a penalty. That, or just get rid of the character altogether.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I am in no way a Meta Knight user, and I think it's a bad idea.

This will be my only post in this topic. I suggest anyone else opposed stop posting in this and all future Meta Knight topics. None of this is actually going to happen, and if we don't post the topics just kinda die.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
1. Wow, you're either on your period or you're experiencing intense rage right now. Or both.

2. Oh, wow, what a shock. You use all the best characters in the game, and yes, you DO use MetaKnight. Which just proves I'm right.
Ok you little dickweed lets go.

Kirby is high tier, as a Krby main MK is a huge ****ing ***** to play against. DDD has some ****ty match ups, stop basing your argument on the idea that anyone who plays characters that arent **** are somehow biased. You dont know **** about match ups, you're being a scrub who makes up **** and cant pose a valid ****ing argument.

And wow, I use Mk in a few friendlies, which means a ban like...wont affect me. Which means your argument is stupid. I just shot down your last argument, keep it up, make yourself look even stupider.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
How do you know that person doesn't use MetaKnight?

Besides, I don't see anything wrong with this rule. If you want to use a character that every other character is disadvantaged against, then you should have to suffer a penalty. That, or just get rid of the character altogether.
because it says that person MAINS ZSS.

its ban or no ban, no nerfing or stupid rules.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I love how most of the people posting here against this use characters who have trouble with MK.

Which means he's being stupid or we're all liars and the whole anti MK ban group is a conspiracy.

Johnny Pteran

Smash Journeyman
Ok you little dickweed lets go.

Kirby is high tier, as a Krby main MK is a huge ****ing ***** to play against. DDD has some ****ty match ups, stop basing your argument on the idea that anyone who plays characters that arent **** are somehow biased. You dont know **** about match ups, you're being a scrub who makes up **** and cant pose a valid ****ing argument.

And wow, I use Mk in a few friendlies, which means a ban like...wont affect me. Which means your argument is stupid. I just shot down your last argument, keep it up, make yourself look even stupider.
By losing your temper you've just proven me right about my first statement, but no, let's go on.

My argument, is that people who use MK don't want this penalty. You use MK, along with other top tier characters, which just proves my point again. You haven't beaten my argument, you haven't insulted me, you haven't done anything. I very well may be a scrub, but I know a bull**** character when I see one, and MK is one of them. There should be a penalty to using a character that good.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
By losing your temper you've just proven me right about my first statement, but no, let's go on.

My argument, is that people who use MK don't want this penalty. You use MK, along with other top tier characters, which just proves my point again. You haven't beaten my argument, you haven't insulted me, you haven't done anything. I very well may be a scrub, but I know a bull**** character when I see one, and MK is one of them. There should be a penalty to using a character that good.
I barely use MK, a Mk ban doesn't affect me, so for the last time drop that. And lol you are literally saying that because I use characters that aren't garbage, I'm biased in MK's favor. Gee wiz, sorry for making use of the bloody cp system.

You havent argue anything about MK except that he is 'cheap'. Snake, Falco, and DK can give him trouble, and he doesn't beat every character in the game. You havent argued ****, you keep repeating "LOL YOU USE MK HERE AND THERE IN FRIENDLIES SO YOU'RE SO WRONG LOLOLOLOLOLOL". It's sad.

brinboy please explain this more to him, this is getting stupid.

Top Bottom