• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Rule To Help With MetaKnight

salaboB

Smash Champion
I don't think I need to be babied in a tournament. I want to fight against MKs. I want to fight against MKs with their full strength. Give me the challenge.
The amusing thing about this suggestion is that you still can -- just ask the MK what stage he would ban if he could, and then don't pick it when you get to CP.

Or do you mean to say: "I want the challenge unless I'm allowed to have an advantage in which case nothing can pry it from me, so I'll just try to not get the rule put in instead."

FBM

Smash Apprentice
The internet makes it quite hard for one to distinguish tone, I'm being perfectly neutral. I'm a bit concerned however because with you being an SBR member, the rest of the board is going to look up to you and your thoughts on this idea. Where as if it was a regular user posting this rule in agreement with it, it wouldn't hold as much weight. If the overall consensus happened to agree with you, since you are an SBR member, this rule would end up being considered, and that's just ludicrous.

It's obvious you clearly see my thoughts on the subject, because I justified my opinion and gave you points to debate. I wouldn't have bothered wasting my time typing if I wasn't looking for your reasoning as to why there is OBVIOUSLY some logic behind this rule. By you failing to even explain to me, the lower powered user as to why you, a valued SBR member believes a rule such as this should be considered in tournament play, I'm not even convinced you have a valid argument as to why this OBVIOUSLY is a logical rule that could be used in tournaments.

Don't take it personally.
Rofl, who is this scrub?

GofG

Smash Champion
Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high
there's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby
Someday I'll wish upon a star
and wake up where the clouds are far behiiiiiiiind me
where troubles melt like lemon drops
away above the chimney tops
that's wheerreee yoouuu'll fiiiiind meeeeeee

edit: i can't remember why i posted this. YO BUZZ, INFRACT ME UP MAN.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
How do you know that person doesn't use MetaKnight?
Being said poster, I'm going to belatedly assure that I do not use MK. I hate MK. I hate his stupidly huge disjointed hitboxes, I hate his unpunishable moveset, I hate his KO moves. I think his playstyle is dumb, and any time I use him, I find that I hate the way he plays. I will never, and can never use him. The very notion that I might use MK is laughable.

But I'm not everyone. Some people honestly like MK. Some people love to use him. Some people love his character. Some people (unfortunately) simply love to win with him. That's their prerogative.

My point is that you can't really go halfway here. If you're smart, and realize that there's no real reason to ban MK, then you should just get over it and learn to play the game with him in it.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The amusing thing about this suggestion is that you still can -- just ask the MK what stage he would ban if he could, and then don't pick it when you get to CP.

Or do you mean to say: "I want the challenge unless I'm allowed to have an advantage in which case nothing can pry it from me, so I'll just try to not get the rule put in instead."
Valid, but, that's not really the point he was making.

Regulating broken techniques is one thing. However, altering set format based on individual characters is a bad path to go down.

Though that makes me a hypocrite because Australia currently implements a stage rule for Dedede which says that 'X' stages can't be chosen because they have walls/walkoffs that are broken.

Top Bottom