• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Rule To Help With MetaKnight

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
It's not like the entire world is like this, it seems to only be this game and this forum that's so tolerant of everything and anything.

Some things are just plain unfair. Dedede is Top Tier, and therefore used a lot. He has an infinite on 6 characters. Some of these characters are tournament-viable, but due to this infinite, they really aren't.

Contrary to some peoples' beliefs, I do have fun with this game. A lot of fun. You know who I have the most fun with? Captain Falcon. Every victory is hard-earned and well-deserved, and his moveset is just hilariously fun.

But either way, I just get frustrated by the fact that there are so many overpowered things in this game. Why are some characters simply unplayable, why are some characters so dominating over each other? Did they even playtest this game at all? ...
No, they didn't playtest this, Sakurai is an idiot.

Things are unbalanced because they characters are insanely different. And lol tiers have nothing to do with use. Tons of games are like this, Brawl just has a bigger casual audience so there are more fools out there who criticize people who are better than them, like yooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuu.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Don't say things like that; they aren't true.

He is telling us that God wrote the Ten Commandments on a piece of stone. We are disagreeing with him (because we are atheists), and he is taking that to mean that we think that God handed Moses the 10C's on some other material, not that we disbelieve in God.

All we have to do is get him to understand that.
In your example, to follow it appropriately, I am simply pointing out the fact that him criticizing atheist for not believing in God is wrong. Anyone and everyone should have the right, and the privilege, to religiously believe what it is they wish to, and to not be discriminated for that belief.

As such, I do not feel it is in his right to come on to a board that obviously consists of different opinions than his, and have him make negative claims to those people that do not agree with what it is he seems to think is the truth.

At any rate, this is simply going to cycle. I've said my piece, and this thread really isn't productive for the community, so I'm not sure why I waltzed in here in the first place. I'll take my leave.

Johnny Pteran

Smash Journeyman
Now now, don't tell me that I'm bad at the game just because I don't use infinites or chaingrabs. I don't lose very often actually.

@ GofG: That's true about Melee, but after years of playing it I'm sick of it now. I'd be better off playing Smash64.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Now now, don't tell me that I'm bad at the game just because I don't use infinites or chaingrabs. I don't lose very often actually.

@ GofG: That's true about Melee, but after years of playing it I'm sick of it now. I'd be better off playing Smash64.
There is no way in hell you are good, scrubs aren't good, if you go to a tourney and play C Falcon I guarantee everyone's Falcon will be better than yours.

GofG

Smash Champion
In your example, to follow it appropriately, I am simply pointing out the fact that him criticizing atheist for not believing in God is wrong. Anyone and everyone should have the right, and the privilege, to religiously believe what it is they wish to, and to not be discriminated for that belief.
This is where the misunderstanding is. You are explaining to him that, but he doesn't yet realize that we are atheists. He thinks that we are arguing as to what kind of material God wrote the commandments on, and very fervently arguing that it was stone, when in fact the argument isn't even about that, so you telling him that religious freedom is good confuses him.

Johnny, you suck at this game. You are terrible, awful. Don't ever say you are good again, beacuse it isn't true.

Johnny Pteran

Smash Journeyman
No, honestly. I'm good at this game. I just don't like chaingrabs or infinites. What's so hard to understand about this? I don't use Captain Falcon in every match you know, I use better characters than the worst character.

Also, it's a bit demeaning to be talked down to like this. I may not be the best player but I'm alright at the game and I understand what it takes to be "the best". I just don't because I don't want to be unfair.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
No, honestly. I'm good at this game. I just don't like chaingrabs or infinites. What's so hard to understand about this? I don't use Captain Falcon in every match you know, I use better characters than the worst character.

Also, it's a bit demeaning to be talked down to like this. I may not be the best player but I'm alright at the game and I understand what it takes to be "the best". I just don't because I don't want to be unfair.
No, it's obvious you dont play the game competitively, you suck, stop arguing this. Go to a tourney and you will lose to everyone who has been playing for more than a month.

Johnny Pteran

Smash Journeyman
What, are you kidding me? Do you expect me to travel the country going to tournaments with well-known players at it? I can't afford it and it's a waste of time.

All I'm saying is, I'm a good player, slightly above mediocre. You haven't ever fought me so you wouldn't know. In fact, I'd say that you probably suck just because you're so cocky about it.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Actually, he'd probably beat me, of all the scrubs out there. But chances are he and I wouldn't meet, and of course that wouldn't really amount to anything in your argument.

Anyway, I really think, like some of the others, that this isn't a great idea. I have no knowledge of competitive-level Brawl, but I would like to think that if there WAS a chance that I could be involved in it, I seriously would be FUMING if I had to put with handicaps of any sort, and I don't even really care for Meta Knight all that much (I probably would if I actually played the game more than I do).

Edit: I'm referencing Johnny in the first paragraph, btw. Again though, it really doesn't matter. I haven't won anything yet since I first got the game in March, so regardless of who I'm talking to, I'm positive that statement would apply.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
What, are you kidding me? Do you expect me to travel the country going to tournaments with well-known players at it? I can't afford it and it's a waste of time.

All I'm saying is, I'm a good player, slightly above mediocre. You haven't ever fought me so you wouldn't know. In fact, I'd say that you probably suck just because you're so cocky about it.
I am not that good by tourney standards, I've never stated I was good. I can easily destroy casual players.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
I think toondiddy's signature is a good representation of what this idiotic topic has turned in to.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I hate the idea of any sort of soft ban, or disadvantage to MK users. If we really believe that he is so far above the cast that he should have some sort of hindrance placed on him to balance him, then he should be banned.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I hate the idea of any sort of soft ban, or disadvantage to MK users. If we really believe that he is so far above the cast that he should have some sort of hindrance placed on him to balance him, then he should be banned.
Like what?
What kind of hindrance can/would be applied, I think it has reach that point you're dramatizing about.
Perhaps a limited number of MK picks, but that wont get people very far.
But why complain about it? He's not banned.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Notice how only people with Metaknight in their sig/avatars are flaming Johnny.
The sig is a type of statement, my avatar is only because i thought it looked cool. I got it when I thought he might deserve a ban.

Also, no, not everyone 'flaming' him has MK in their sig or avatar, shut up.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Like what?
What kind of hindrance can/would be applied, I think it has reach that point you're dramatizing about.
Perhaps a limited number of MK picks, but that wont get people very far.
But why complain about it? He's not banned.
I think you misunderstood me; I'd rather not have any sort of penalty for MK users other than a full ban. If we reach the conclusion that MK breaks the game and completely dominates the metagame and tourney scene, then he should be given a full ban. Otherwise, he should stay in the game at full effect.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
I think you misunderstood me; I'd rather not have any sort of penalty for MK users other than a full ban. If we reach the conclusion that MK breaks the game and completely dominates the metagame and tourney scene, then he should be given a full ban. Otherwise, he should stay in the game at full effect.
agreed. its ban or no ban

I stopped reading right there.

...you freakin win the thread

GofG

Smash Champion
Is there seriously trolling going on on SWF?

What is this, /g/?

I AM SERIOUSLY CONFUSED.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
Whoaz... I come for AiB. I guess we have some trolling, but this is much more hardcore. I look foward to randomly getting my **** recked for having a ******* opinion.

I think luigi should be banned because his down taunt kills Link on the edge at zero.

GO!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i dont like this tbh.. why not be able to ban a stage. u know u suck if u choose mk anyways.

Atria

Smash Journeyman
u know u suck if u choose mk anyways.
(Exaggerates + Face palms them self) Ehhhh....

That's it. I'm officially going to do this now:

# Of MK bashings since I put this put this counter up: ----

I don't care what anybody thinks about this, I'm just going to do it for the h*** of it. I'm sick of everybody bashing my favorite character from the Kirby series. PERIOD.

i dont like this tbh.. why not be able to ban a stage. u know u suck if u choose mk anyways.
To Sothe700k: Lol. That was awesome what you did there! =D

Top Bottom