• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico's dead sexy power rankings(1/4/2008)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Or all of the above!!!! Oh god.

Ya Chefman. Seriously look up the character specific guides. Preferably ones that say sticky next to the title because thats the good stuff. Or look up ssbm falco (or mario) combo guides on youtube

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
That's not what he is talking about.

First of all, that won't work on anyone, at least not anyone who knows what they are doing. They'll just tech the down throw and roll away. Maybe if you randomly throw it in there once every few games or so, it can catch them off guard, but even then dthrow to dsmash or dthrow to tech chase fsmash/dsmash is better.

Another thing, 90% of the time (if not more) combos that work on the computer won't work on a human. Also, also, be sure to practice your combos or whatever it is on a level 1 computer. That's the best to play against.

And I'm working on my Falco... I'm not sure about it, though. I don't think it is that bad, though. Thanks for the compliment. I do believe Paul has a very nice Falco, too. I'd have to say that Neil has the most technical Falco (maybe, I haven't seen Paul play Falco too much) but Paul has a better Falco overall.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Just practice alot chefman and you'll be fine. If anything just wait and test your combos at a tournament. Of which I need to practice more too. I've been getting lazy lol. Plus my controller is having a hard time letting my characters run so I may need a new one before our next event :(

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I still need to play you, but you aren't a noob. That's for sure.

I'm gonna throw this out here now, for all the less informed:
There is a difference between noob and newb.

Ok.

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
I'm not cutting myself down lol, its just i want combos that no one has ever seen lol. like to keep ppl on ther tows lol. hey also did you see, they got back my fav stage in brawl, hyrule temple, with a cool little remix to the song, it looks just like melee!

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Quick words of advise for ya:

Something that almost any smasher will tell you: original combos come with experience (i dont mean the most skilled players make the best combos, but those who play against other people a lot tend to think up more original stuff)

its true you can sit down and come up with neet stuff, but theres a strong chance its been done. Its also very hard to come up with original combos because you dont know what mario (or any other character) is trully capable of. I don't even know what my ICs are capable of. Every time I think hit their limit, I accidentaly do something really effective in a match and go home and practice it. Thus going beyond what I thought my ICs could do.

Also when learning new original combos try to remember this: fancy does not always equal effective/efficient. I personally try to keep combos as simple as possible, as do many others. This is because if its simple and effective, its less likely for you to mess up on and get punished for it.

And lastly a quote Im sure veryone has heard before: "if it isn't broken, don't fix it."
Before learning new original combos, try to learn some basic ones pros use. Some are flashy, some are simple, but almost all of them work (and well as of that) Instead of keeping people on their toes with cool new combos, try instead to learn how to set people up into the combos you see online. After using those tricks slowly over time you'll begin doing what feels more comfortable and from then original combos will just come to you.

Please note: Im not saying play exactly like the pros do or mimic them completely, just learn tricks and combos from them. From there your own stuff will start arrising.

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
hmmm, ok, thanks man. I'll give you guys a chlenge when i fight you again, also i just post a new thread and im geting so many Replies, you guys should see, its "Whats your first Character".

Once you get good enough at it, combos just come off the top of your head in-match. It takes a while, and combos like the Ken Combo for Marth you have to look for, that kind of combo can't be off the top of your head, you have to look for that one. However, most combos that are really flashy are ones you just come up with in the middle of smacking people. Keep working dude, you'll get much better, don't even worry about it.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
other than Knee+ any button.

Dang it that is taken too.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Final Smash 2!

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=128662

Everyone in the south should come to this >.>

Last time we had 72 smashers in singles alone from 4 different states. I'm really trying to build up support for the sequel, so please post if you are showing interest!

BTW, has NM players ever traveled? No offense to the players, but I haven't even heard of the top players on that list.

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Dude, I would seriously love to go, but not all of us have the resources. That is a lot of money, especially for a college student. I know it's not nearly as bad as like DC, and I'm saving up, just I'm not sure if I'm going to have enough. Would we drive or would we fly? Who is thinking about going to this?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
If I get people who say they want to go, earnestly, I'll do some research.

Prices. Hotels. Housing. Bus tickets. Plane tickets. Gas.

I'll figure out all the factors and routes we can take and what is the cheapest. I just need support.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Since Durango doesn't have any, and I live borderline nm, can I be considered a candidate for this?

tw1n

Smash Champion
I wish I could. Not to mention I have family who live up around there :( **** UNM for taking all of my money

tw1n

Smash Champion
OH GOD!!! Kash = the devil... so thats why I got the flu and all. Kash is evil :p

Except for the fact that I made the 666th post lol

tw1n

Smash Champion
So a tournament at Lewis' would be a perfect chance to get practice in the weekend before for everyone

tw1n

Smash Champion
That should be fine. But we will check some more just to make sure. I figure the weekend before FS would be good so people can get some extreme practice in... so is anyone else going to post on this thread anymore?

Oh and Kash $1 MM all random?

Top Bottom