• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico's dead sexy power rankings(1/4/2008)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya thats pretty much anything. You will have to practice alot for that. Oh and as for the fight club just give me a call. I would love to join in on some of the adrenaline rushes

Cool beans. That'd be exciting stuff. I might do stuff with you guys in this club, doubtful though. You never know though...

I've been thinking about learning break dancing for a long time now, and you know what? I want to, just don't know where to look for the tutoring. It'd be so cool if you could do that, I can totally see where you're coming from Davis.

See you all tomorrow!!!

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I wish I could see you all tommorrow...

Wow, Erich, if you have the time we should totally take classes together. I'm looking into it and I think I know a place. Once every sunday for one hour.

Also, yea, you guys are more than welcome to join in! That would be awesome, but you would totally whoop everyone's *** =P. 'Cept maybe one other guy, John. He does Tae Kwon Do, too =)

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
nice nice. heh, if the competition would be easy wins for dae and I then I think we would just act as refs or coaches, maybe fighting every once in a while. Its nice to have an easy win but its not nice to pick on people who dont have a chance lol.

yeah i remember you telling me you had a friend in TKD. Unfortunately i know TKD's weakness (being im studying it too lol) and its easy to exploit if you're properly trained. Not going to tell you guys its weakness tho cuz thats just called bad strategy :p

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Haha, well, he's pretty martial arts savvee, too, so that would be interesting. Also, a rule of Fight Club is that if it is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight ;):
1st RULE: You do not talk about FIGHT CLUB.
2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about FIGHT CLUB.

3rd RULE: If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the fight is over.

4th RULE: Only two guys to a fight.

5th RULE: One fight at a time.

6th RULE: No shirts, no shoes.

7th RULE: Fights will go on as long as they have to.

8th RULE: If this is your first night at FIGHT CLUB, you HAVE to fight.

9th RULE: No head shots (that means either head).

We added the 9th rule and I tend to break the first two a lot, lol.

Also, I like a challenge. I don't care how badly I'm whooped, it gives me all the more incentive to try and work harder. I'm strange like that.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I can respect that Davis. Very honoralbe. But also you need to make sure you face someone who won't kill you if they can beat your face in. Ya let us know when and where. I would love to spar someone. I might have to start training again lol

Oh ya and rule 10: No excuses for a loss (aka no johning)

Twin_A

Smash Champion
heh, trust me i can fight. And there s no honor in a street fight. As my friend Alan always puts it "If i have the chnce to punch you in the n*ts and poke out your eyes then I will".

But if its just your friends then i really dont think you should permanently blind them lol.

hehehehe...true dat! Although, I'm thinking this might be more of a wrestle type thing that actual punching and kicking each other in the face type stuff. Unless this is like a martial arts thing, then that's different.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yeah, if you're just goofing with friends, there's no need to be an *******, haha.

I just find people that talk about sparring (outside of official martial arts sparring, and even then, there are exceptions) to be kinda poor fighters, and not worth the time. I've brought down someone trained by the military before, but I think it was moreover that he just didn't absorb his training as well as other soldiers may have. He was the "homg, let's go spar in teh backyard" type. I guess since the disappointment of it not even being a good fight (though pressure point tactics do work on everyone, I suppose), I have a kind of prejudice against most people that talk about sparring, haha. My apologies.

I'm with Erich, though. Wrestling/pressure point control ftw. I don't like using more force than necessary to stop a fight, and that's the best way to do it, really.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
*ignores Zeal*

Yeah, sounds good, man. I'll let you know. I'm getting everything worked out with my friend right now, but I think the first night will be December 8th. If you are invited I'll deliever you a sealed envelope ;P

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Almost makes me wanna spar you Zeal haha. You seem to know what you;re talking about or at least been in a few fights too. I've wrestled for 9 years and Ive done pressure point training (not as much as my brother but we wont go there). In real street fights it ALWAYS comes down to a wrestling match (assuming theres not a very lucky early punch). But its good to know how to punch and kick too, mostly punch

tw1n

Smash Champion
It hasnt been 9 years Kyle. Closer to 6 or 7. But I've done the pressure point training :D I can make someone unable to use certain body parts in one hit. Its awesome doing that. Now I want to face you Zeal. It would be interesting.

Ya Kash let us know please. I would love to go and see how you all are

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Wow... I was in 2nd grade 9 years ago. Lol.

Ok, cool. No offence, but we probably won't invite you to the first one. We'll probably wait to the second or third one once we get a system set up. We're still working out location, first aid, etc.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya I wouldn't want to go into a match just yet. We know quite a bit of first aid from experience.

So when is the next tournament? I was thinking maybe one at lewis' house on of these weekends. Maybe somewhere close to Dec 1st . This is saying that 1) His dad is cool with it and 2) that we find a good day to do it on

Twin_A

Smash Champion
hey Kash I wanna play you already. You've done a good job avioiding me so far but right now you're the only one above me on the power rankings I havent played/beat in a while (not since our matches at neils place) lol. That is of course excluding Paul and Erich but at least ive played them :p

tw1n

Smash Champion
What about sins and ABP? You played them at all lol? And Neils thing is this saturday from 1 to 9 ish

Twin_A

Smash Champion
which was canceled...

and my bad lol

Everyone wanna laugh? Those of us who went to the monthly, do you guys remember the guy who went by the nickname Chefman? He was one of the two new guys who mained mario. Well it turns out im good friends with his sister (small world huh) lol. Started talking to him and giving him advise on how to get better. He wants to train and yeah. Im kind of making it a personal goal to make him a strong competetor by the end of december (by strong i mean at least get most of us down to 2 stocks or so with us going all out).

But as I was thinking about this i started wondering. Have you guys ever taken someone under your wing or is there anyone you've thought about training to make them a top player in NM? And if you do have that one person still that wants to get better, train him/her and at the end of the month we can have a battle of the former noobs. see who worked hardest and stood out the most lol. just a thought running thru my head, probably cuz im flippin tired. no johns i guess :p

tw1n

Smash Champion
Wow Kyle. You typo in almost every post you make. And ya I've had those people taken under my wings. Look at how well you've done :p Joking I know. But as for having them all compete I don't see a point in that unless they compete in the monthlies

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Too bad the tourney had to be cancelled. I seriously wanted to play forward and to get more tips on my flaco, like really bad to the point where I end up typing ginormous sentences on smashboards forums that nobody wants to read and is probably getting annoyed now so I will stop.

Heh...I know way too many smashers at Sandia, and just other friends in the first place.
If, somehow, I could get all these smashers motivated...****. We'd have like 20 more people at each monthly :) And I'd own at the little december contest of noob reduction...

I'll even list off the people I know who off the top of my head who "wants to get good at smash" in NO particular order

1. Zman (Kash is right, Zach's roy is still in progress)
2. Doug Breen (samus)
3. Daniel Breen (jigglypuff)
4. David Breen (fox)
5. Cameron Burgard (kirby)
6. Jordan Burgard (samus)
7. Jordan Moore (sheik)
8. Mike Sullivan (sheik)
9. David Shiffler (fox)
10. Josh Vedamanikam (link)
11. David Collins (dr. mario)
12. Ryan Fitzgerald (ganondorf)
13. Johnny Mak (marth)
14. Phillip Cheek (roy)
15. Ben Swari (marth)
16. Andy Keith (dr. mario)
17. Jason Orchant (fox)
18. Shane Saxton (?)
19. Nick Ferraro (?)
20. And so much more...

That would be the **** :cool: :colorful: :estatic: :rotfl: :estatic: :rotfl: :estatic: :colorful: :cool:
Sliraobe God

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Yeah, I know what you mean. I have done that witha couple people, though they are never determined enough to go far so they tend to give up. That or I give up on them due to their lack of interest.

That is a cool idea, though.

Can't wait to Doc vs. Mario match you, Chefman =)

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
don't worry man, i'll be there, im getting little better with mario, i'll go if the roads don't get icy. but im looking foword to fight you to man, you'll proble mop the floor with me, but i'll give it my best shot!!! The more i lose, the more i pratice!!

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Man, I like you already. You have a great, strong, ambitious attitude. I look forward to meeting and playing you.

And don't expect too much from me... I can hardly remember the last time I seriously played Smash. I think I'm gonna call GoldenGlove here in a bit and ask if he wants to spend the night if he is going to Neil's monthly tommorrow.

And while I don't use Mario, I can give you some pretty good tips or at least help you out.

Back to Ninja Warrior. I'll see most of you tommorrow, hopefully (I swear I'm going to get on Ninja Warrior if it kills me ).

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
Cool man, the more you learn, the better you get, i think i got mario wavedashing down a little, just need to work an L cancle and shuffling i think its called.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Yeah. You should also check out the character specific boards and go to the Mario section.

They'll have a bunch of tutorials and guides and stuff on how to use Mario. It's real helpful. You can also make threads and ask questions and the people there will help you out.

Top Bottom