• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico's dead sexy power rankings(1/4/2008)

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
dude im learning it! don't worry, im going to get it soon, like i said, i won't be a smash noob soon. i'll give you guys a fight, if not hey i'll just keep playing and playing till i'll get it down.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Good attitude there chefman :) I need to practice some more lol. I havnt picked up the controller in days

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
That or just how ****ty Neil's is.

I say we don't teach him advanced techniques, just wicked mindgames. Just messin'.

I'll see everyone soon. I'm all practiced up because I played with Steven for like, five hours straight last night ^_^

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
It's all about the mindgamez, srsly. Jeris (SDSG) came into our scene having NO technical prowess, but he 3 stocked our (then) best player's Marth with G&W. That's how intense his mindgamez are!

Seriously though, Jeris is too good. :D

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Kyle, that whole training up noob thing, remember me? Haha, you and David have made me a lot better, since we play together like every week now.

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
hey sorry everyone i could not make it, i didn't have much gas as i thalt i had, but i hope you guys had fun, i'll be there next time to smash. get ready

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Just soyou guys know My trip was amazing and I am not attending 4corners.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I'm still pissed about 4 corners being cancelled.

That's why NorCO>>>SoCo. Even when we lost our venue, freakin' SS still went on. It wasn't the best tournament ever, but dammit, we held them, and we not only housed OOSers, we freakin' fed them, picked them up/dropped them off at the airport, and even gave them a spiffy hat when they ***** us, and all except for the actual tournament were free of charge.

And let me tell you, Taj eats like a beast. Seriously, that man can put it down.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I know I was looking forward to that so much! We had everything down here all planned out on how to get there and everything. Utah can't make it, tournaments canceled, and now 3 of the 4 corners are mad.

But look at it this way, there wil always be another tourney. Hey CO maybe you guys should look into hosting a big tourney.... :p

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya lets see if we can win the lottery and afford to go first...

Ya Wraith... you aren't a noob you just still have alot of room for improvement :)

Interim: We all feel your pain. Trust me I was more than ready to punch a small child when I heard delayed/cancelled.

And congrats for the fun trip Sinz. NOW COME TO A MONTHLY!!!

Wow, that's some serious trash talk against yourself Steven. Are you sure that those IC's didn't hit your physical head with those hammers as well as your virtual self??

Yea, it would be fun to go to Pound 3. I was thinking of that right after I found out the 4 corners one was canceled. Maybe...maybe we can all go to that one instead. Just a suggestion. We'll see how it turns out.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Hahaha, poor Steven. I love ya man.

And I'm sure you know, but I'm gonna say it anyways, I just light heartedly said that because playing anyone that long straight... you just know each other so well at that point you don't really think, it's just reaction and then you get used to that play style so when you play someone completely different you aren't used to thinking (lol) and their style.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya... we all know how Pound 3 will be now... nope sorry. So 2 quick things. When is the next monthly planned (or maybe we could have 2 monthlies during December hint hint wink wink) and also when is the Power Rankings going to be updated?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I haven't been able the last few monthlies or played anyone else recently, so my opinion is rather null on the rankings. That's up to Paul and... wait, who was our third member again?

I would like a monthly soon.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Thats why I want a monthly this Saturday. I have it off work because of the 4 corners (*tear)

So why don't we have a tournament or something. And Kash, if there is another tournament will you show? You better :)

Eh?? What's this about Pound 3?

Anyways, I think the 1st of December is a good date for another monthly. But Steven ultimately puts in the word, so let's just wait patiently for his answer.

Them thar' power rankin's ain't gonah' be moved 'til the next monthly, I reckon.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Ya most of us have seen the Brawl Videos... So sexy... I can't wait to play it :)

I's dun reckon yus beh rit thar wit dat opinonions. Nex dat monthlar thingy ist gonsa beh ah reeeeel throwdown

And ya chefman. Keep practicing :)

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
lol have you guys seen everyone finel smash in action? what i'm i saying lol, but if your wondering there is a video on it, let me know and i can post it lol. OH and hey do you level up from being a smash noob? i mean im not that good as you guys but i do know what im doing with combos.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Its like 40 or so I think. I remember I was mad that it wasn't changing for a while. And ya I've seen all those kick *** Brawl videos

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
Hey i found out some new combos for mario and falco. for falco, grab them, then do a down move, use the refleter to throw the ppl up and jump up, do it again, jump up once more and hit him again, it dose like 20 damge. still working out mario tho lol, the cpu keep getting out of it.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Hey Chef go into the Character specific section and look under falco. I know for a fact theres a falco guide in there that goes over combo's and different stuff. See if any of that helps. Same thing with Mario.

For Falco what you're attempting is called pillaring and for at least one NM smasher (cough NEIL cough) its his main combo. SHFFL his lazers so you're stunned then short hop his dair (down air if you don't know what that means) then shine (reflector). jump up, hit them down, up tilt, lather rinse repeat. In his case if you don't react properly you'll inevitably die lol.

But yeah try hitting them back down in the air. And for CPU's try practicing against slightly heavier characters at first. I (sadly) recommend Link or even Bowser till you get a decent feeling for it.

If you want to see a crazy Falco in NM just look towards Neil, Erich, and Kash. I'm sure others are good too. Look up the video Forwards C.O.C.K. to watch some insane stuff

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
Well I think he was talking about triple shining.... but pillaring is definitely useful.

Top Bottom