• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico's dead sexy power rankings(1/4/2008)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Wow everyone loves my idea of the take 3 out matches :) Ok if thats the case I challenge the following people to it (MM or Soul Match)
Kyle
Kash
GoldenGlove
Erich
Sinz
AlphaBravo
Neil
and everyone else! Ha!!! No one can beat the creator

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So do I get my spot back?

Also, Jason said he has to look into our smash fund.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
UPDATE!

update: rankings updated

update: "Honorable Mentions" section updated

update: New section added to the first post; called "Player of the Month"

This section rewards that player who has either contributed to the smash community in a meaningful way or has truly shown a large growth in skill. Congratulations to Chefman (player of the month, December), for coming from out of nowhere and showing everyone how much he has improved.

The first post has been updated. As everyone looks at the new rankings it is important to realize that this list will probably be the most controversial yet. I must stress that everyone keep their posts clean and to not harass any other smashers. If you must, keep the foul language to private messages. This thread is to DISCUSS the rankings, not to undermine them.

Also, congratulations to Tw1n for making it on the list.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Sweet update, congrats to everyone who moved up! Also, I think it might be a good idea to put a little blurb about why the player of the month is the player of the month on the first post.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Question, two months ago I was lowered in the rankings from third to 5th respectively. Now this month when I come and win I only move up to fourth, behind GG? Just really curious as to why he is placed above me right now.

And why was Erich lowered, when he entered the tourney and Paul didn't, no offense at all Paul.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Props bro for making the list finally lol. Now its time for both of us to keep moving up :D
Better be careful Kash, you won't have your spot for long :p

And great job chef, you improved more than even I thought you would. Keep working hard. Soon you'll be challenging me for my spot :D

tw1n

Smash Champion
YAY!!! This is the happiest day ever :D Now I just need to work my way up. Start doing that thing... whats it called... WINNING THE TOURNAMENTS! (and maybe get most improved... maybe not) And I have to agree somewhat with Sinz on the Erich/Paul thing. I know Paul didn't compete in the last one but he did win the one before. So its a tough call. I think another tournament is in order. So.. when is the next :)

Oh and congrats to Chefman and Wraith for making honorable Why are ArcticDrac and Yukitanuki on there? I haven't seen them at a single tournament... ever I think. And I think the panelists should get changed to people who play competitively still. Just a suggestion tho.

...yay top 10 again :) Now my goal is top 5

chefman470

Smash Apprentice
Thanks you guys, I was just giving it my all. but thank you guys, you showed me how to truly fight and using the adv technic. I'll see you all at the next turny, thanks again you guys

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
As it stands me and Davis are looking for new panelist members to add. Right now I'm considering GoldenGlove and Sinz. If anyone wants to be a panel member pm either me or Davis WITH a STRONG reason as to why I should let you be a panelist member.

Pice and Lrin are most likely going to be kicked out of the panel. I'm also going to be raising the number of panelist members to 5 people now. All in all, that leaves three panelist member slots open. Again, pm either me or Davis if you want to be a panelist member and have a strong reason as to why.

P.S. Don't pm if your not going to be serious about it.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I vote for Twin_A to try for panel, I am biased towards myself.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Question, two months ago I was lowered in the rankings from third to 5th respectively. Now this month when I come and win I only move up to fourth, behind GG? Just really curious as to why he is placed above me right now.

And why was Erich lowered, when he entered the tourney and Paul didn't, no offense at all Paul.
Erich wasn't lowered, if I recall correctly. He was second in the last list as well. As stated in the first post, one large victory one time (or anything else of a similar degree) isn't enough to radically effect the rankings. That also relates to your placing, Sinz. Steven has been incredibly consistent and constantly improving lately. Just because you achieved first once doesn't mean you'll be rocketed up to first, but that doesn't mean it has gone unnoticed.

I hope that made sense and was definitive. It is very... very late.

Props bro for making the list finally lol. Now its time for both of us to keep moving up :D
Better be careful Kash, you won't have your spot for long :p

And great job chef, you improved more than even I thought you would. Keep working hard. Soon you'll be challenging me for my spot :D
You're right... I'll be here than 6th, so once I move up you may gladly take my spot =).
Yes, Chefman. Congratulations. I was thoroughly impressed.

I vote for Twin_A to try for panel, I am biased towards myself.
Yeah, I thought we established that a long time ago. If Kyle wants to be a panelists, he may. He just needs to PM us. Personally, my nominee is Steven.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Davis let me ask you something, so even though when I was gone before I was beating Steven, and when I am back I am still beating him, he is higher than me? And Erich was lowered this time, he was first last time. It is just kinda weird.

But hey, birthdays and chicks beat smash.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Chicks... how derogatory.

The rankings are an assessment of your ability against all other smashers in general. Though Steven is higher than Neil, I lose to Neil all the time, but beat Steven about 50% of the time (we're pretty equal).

If it wasn't on a general level, then logically I should be next to Steven.

Anyways, that's just to the side. It's not like your victory hasn't been taken into account. I can practically guarentee you if you beat Steven in one more monthly or tournament, you'll be a higher ranking then him, but one radical win or lose isn't enough to effect your rankings. Steven has been consistently placing high and you've been in and out of the scene, doing extremely well sometimes and other times not so well. **** happens.

If you honestly believe his position is ill-deserved, I would be more than happy to discuss it with you; discuss being the operative word. It's not like these rankings are set in stone.

So do you honestly believe your position is ill deserved, Everett?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Hmm I smell a debate

Alright guys lets keep it clean here. I don't want to see any kicks below the belt, rabit punches, Mike Tison ear nibbles, weapons of any kind besides a gamecube controller (unless used to inflict odily harm. As funny as that would look I'm sure it would force David and I to jump in) and I don't want to see any form of Johning :p

I can see were both sides are coming from. Its kind of like my positioning with Kash, he hasn't been to very many recent tournies and I beat him in this last one. Please note I'm not saying I want to be ahead of him at the moment, that doesn;t matter to me just yet. All it means is that I have to beat him and Neil at the next tourney.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Lol .

Twin, the thing is Steven has only placed once above me in any other tournament, or monthly. That is what's bugging me.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Well, minus the ones you didn't participate in.

I guess the question of the matter is how should it affect someone's ranking if they don't participate in a tournament.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yeah, well that is what I am actually trying to get to, just inadvertedly, also the reason it bugged was Davis's arguement.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
If I were to just randomly jump into an argument about who's better than who, I'd say Chuck Norris = Captain Falcon, Steven and Everett = Captain Falcon, therefore by the transitive property of equality, both Steven and Everett pwn you all. :cool:

Also, as for the rankings, I have no objection but to Steven. Steven and I continue to be on par, his falcon being a problem for my falco, and my marth being a "problem" to his falcon.

Davis, we need to settle that falco vs doc money match. I also doubt that your falco is overall better than mine...

Kyle, I shall accept money matches from you, $1? $3? $5? A soul match?
ZOMG PPL I have an idea that's to die for! I AM ACCEPTING ALL MEDIUM LEVEL GUITAR HERO III MONEY MATCHES!!!

Neil
(like my new sig?)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Talking about the Transative property.

3 guys go into a motel and decide to get a room for the night. The motel clerk says that it is 30 dollars, so each of the guys pay ten dollars. Then that staff finds out that the price was actually 25 so the manager told her to split it evenly to the three guys. So she was thinking and took a two dollar tip so it would be even.

How much money did each guy get.
Does it all add back up to 30.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So each guy got a dollar back from the 10 they paid originally. So they each paid 9 dollars.

9 X 3= 27.
27+2 = 29. Wheres the other dollar?

Oh hey Neil, TTFF against me in Guitar Hero?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Wow Sinz I was thinking of writing down how you made it too complicated and whatnot but the more I looked into this basic math problem the more it stunned me as to how you're right. The trick is not to worry about multiplying and thus ignoring the fact that one dollar is missing somewhere :p

OR

you just did the wrong calculation

27 - 2 = 25

anyways

Neil I think its a bad idea to challenge someone to guitarhero on medium when they can already handle expert lol. Just don;t challenge Havox, he will beat you into the ground in that game lol. And as for a MM in smash no thanks, its never really been my thing and I dont think Im gonna pick it up now (if you're wondering why I agreed to one with Kash, its because its a 1 dollar random all match. So its just for laughs you could say)

Or you could just decide to take your position back and beat whoever's in front of you at the next tournament. That's what I do. It doesn't matter to me when I drop, it just gives me more determination to do better at tournaments.

Hehehe, I've heard that riddle before. It's a darned good one too.

wraith55

Smash Apprentice
10x3=30
She takes a two dollar tip 30-2=28
gives 3 dollars back to the guys 28-3=25
Guys pay 27 dollars 25(fees) +2(tip)=27
27/3=9 dollars the amount everyone paid

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Its just a riddle that you can't solve via math. Otherwise it wont work out correctly (the order of operations messes it up if I'm not mistaken)

very nice tho.

Alright then heres some for you guys (and David please don't answer these, I know you know the answers):

A man leaves his home with a shotgun and travels 3 miles south, 3 miles east, shoots and kills a bear, and then travels 3 miles north back to the same home that he left. How is this possible (and no his house is not 3 miles wide)

In 1850 a train traveling 10 mph leaves New Mexico and heads for Sea World located in Florida which was approx. 2000 miles away. At the same time a train leaving New York going 15 mph heads to the same Sea World which is Arpox. 3500 miles away. Which train arrives at Sea World first?

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
The guy has a trailer home. He drives 3 miles east, and the walks 3 miles south, shoots the bear, and travels 3 miles north back to his trailer home.

I didn't care to think about the other one, lol.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
For the first one, he lives at the north pole.

Like Davis, I don't care to figure out the second one XD

Edit - upon rereading, I've come to the conclusion that sea world did not exist in 1850.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Hmm... whats a good riddle... Tear me off and scratch my head. What once was red is black instead. (Kyle dont answer this one)

P.S. Bonus points if you can name the movie its from :D

Oh and Kyle. Aside from the 6th grade North Pole riddle, you took the other one from the movie Mafia. Still a good one tho.

Anyone know the riddle of the sphinx? What has 4 legs in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, and 3 at night? Its a tough one if you dont already know it :)

Top Bottom