• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

tw1n

Smash Champion
Well put.

That Jackie Chan thing was just too good...

How has everyone been? Paul, its sad to hear you're leaving the community but I overall know how you feel. Brawl just isn't fun anymore and I have to focus on school. So I'm not going to be competing anymore. I still plan on coming on here saying hi and hanging out, but as for tourneys, I'm out.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Of course, I'm the one who got them to start it up! :p

and I'd love to rematch too :D I'll be giving my friend Jagov a ride to the tourney beforehand though so during friendlies time I won't be able to play, maybe after the tourney or while other matches are going, we'll see.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Jackie Chan and Diddy Kong have gained 10 respect points from me. I seriously need to figure out the value of 1 respect point as well. Now I don't really question the brawl tier list except for toon link's rather low placement IMO.

I feel bad. I forgot to call you back. My bad Neil.

I had a lot of things planned for this weekend and I was bound to forget someone or something.
Dude it's totally fine lol. I was actually rather surprised by the relatively large turnout, we had a surreal experience at Dion's too. Someone else can tell you the honors since I'm not skilled at recounting stories anyway :chuckle:

Bye everyone. To anyone I've ever offended, angered, or hurt...I apologize. To anyone who's done the same to me...I forgive. To anyone I've ever known or met through the smash scene...so long.
So I'm not going to be competing anymore. I still plan on coming on here saying hi and hanging out, but as for tourneys, I'm out.
*Sniff Sob Sniff* This is how I'm crying now (:52 - 1:08):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcdRT0Xv2RU

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Also, in other news, I don't know if I can make it to your show yet.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
:'(

I miss you guys. But im testing for my blackbelt and working 2 jobs at the moment so gaming is kind of out (plus you know, full time college O.o)

Although its really cool cuz im testing for my blackbelt in 4 months and then im becoming assistant instructor to the school (and possibly becoming main instructor/owner some day :D). Im already a highly respected instructor tho lol. And all I do is spar blackbelts because anyone whos just a color belt that I spar just doesnt keep up :p

tw1n

Smash Champion
"Don't cry for me, I'm already dead" Barney from the Simpsons. Its all good I'll still say hi. Maybe make a cameo at some tourney for a little while. Its kinda sad that Paul is just out. I saw Erich at a cross country tournament last Sat. He mentioned how he's kinda leaving the scene too, but will still be here for the community. *tear*

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
People like competitive gaming for different reasons. Those that like it for good competition and intellectual stimulation are moving on to better games.

Btw, who here is looking forward to BlazBlue? I'm hoping it won't replace GG, but it's still tight.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Good news guys, M2k believes brawl is better than melee.
Oh really...

Mew2king said:
I'm liking brawl more than melee now, but its prolly cuz im bored of melee
How does that translate to "Mew2king says brawl is a better game." He's just having more fun with Brawl right now than Melee. The way all of us have felt at one point or another.

Meh, there isn't much time left...but I think that I'll pick up SC4 competitively if I ever get the chance...maybe.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
in my mind, more fun=better.

Also, I will talk to jason for ya, I can talk to all of the SC people to get you the hook up.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Oh really...

How does that translate to "Mew2king says brawl is a better game." He's just having more fun with Brawl right now than Melee. The way all of us have felt at one point or another.

Meh, there isn't much time left...but I think that I'll pick up SC4 competitively if I ever get the chance...maybe.
I might get into it, especially if you do. I ♥ teh Alpha, and would love to see 'em again.

Count Bruno

Smash Rookie
I'm hosting a tournament at my school. It's on the first Saturday in October at 10:00am, near Albuquerque.

Bring your own Wii/Brawl/controllers (duh) and $5.

For directions, search for "East Mountain High School" and/or "25 La Madera Drive, Sandia Park, NM" on Mapquest.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I'm hosting a tournament at my school. It's on the first Saturday in October at 10:00am, near Albuquerque.

Bring your own Wii/Brawl/controllers (duh) and $5.

For directions, search for "East Mountain High School" and/or "25 La Madera Drive, Sandia Park, NM" on Mapquest.
prize splits?

I'm not quitting, just less active, ya know? I feel kinda like M2K right now. I play Brawl right now because Lucario is an ADDICTING character.

I had a really, really terrible race David. Sorry you had to see that. I'm pretty sure I had an asthma attack during the race, so it's a miracle I was even able to get across the finish line. I've never had that happen before, so I was definitely NOT mentally prepared for it. That sucked. Anyways...oh well. I gotta run C-team this week. Don't worry though, I'm gonna try and win it, and I'll definitely be back up on JV.:) Not that any of this has anything to do with you, hehe. Just telling you.;)

RUN X-C PAUL!!!!! Our team NEEDS you.

Dekar173

Justice Man
# of people? Lots hopefully. That's the sole reason we're changing venues from Ninja to Dead Men's Den, it can't handle that many people, and they were taking prize money for hosting it o.O which DMD won't do :)

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Los Lunas, eh? Nope, sorry, not gonna make it.

However, Paul, there are going to be SCIV tournies on the 20th and 27th. Check out the X-Topia boards.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice

Is anyone doing anything this weekend? To rephrase, is anything even happening this weekend? I'm still a tad unsatisfied from the last fest, even though it was "successful".
Someone call me up and we can smash or else I'll just host another one this saturday. the usual >_<

Srsly we need to have regular (at the least) biweekly fests. If no one else is going to step up to the plate, then I'm going to just host fests every other saturday or something.
[/rant]

EDIT: Xion I'm sorry. I didn't even notice you were having a smashfest today. Sorry for being so ignorant. Could you pm me directions or call me at 400-9215?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium

Is anyone doing anything this weekend? To rephrase, is anything even happening this weekend? I'm still a tad unsatisfied from the last fest, even though it was "successful".
Someone call me up and we can smash or else I'll just host another one this saturday. the usual >_<

Srsly we need to have regular (at the least) biweekly fests. If no one else is going to step up to the plate, then I'm going to just host fests every other saturday or something.
[/rant]

EDIT: Xion I'm sorry. I didn't even notice you were having a smashfest today. Sorry for being so ignorant. Could you pm me directions or call me at 400-9215?
I am free after three tomorrow.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
I'm not quitting, just less active, ya know? I feel kinda like M2K right now. I play Brawl right now because Lucario is an ADDICTING character.

I had a really, really terrible race David. Sorry you had to see that. I'm pretty sure I had an asthma attack during the race, so it's a miracle I was even able to get across the finish line. I've never had that happen before, so I was definitely NOT mentally prepared for it. That sucked. Anyways...oh well. I gotta run C-team this week. Don't worry though, I'm gonna try and win it, and I'll definitely be back up on JV.:) Not that any of this has anything to do with you, hehe. Just telling you.;)

RUN X-C PAUL!!!!! Our team NEEDS you.
I have no idea how I got into this thread or why there are Mexicans using computers, but M2K likes Brawl a lot, even more than Melee now. Just thought I'd clear that up ;)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I have no idea how I got into this thread or why there are Mexicans using computers, but M2K likes Brawl a lot, even more than Melee now. Just thought I'd clear that up ;)
I know man. I know.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I was gonna smash with you tonight paul, but my mom has me doing other things :(

Top Bottom