• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Epic lolz.
Colorado can't figure out what the results were. So they made them up :O

http://www.coloradocutthroat.com/summerslugger3results.php
LULZ We should have an NM raid on the CO thread :laugh:

Lol on two notes
1. Have I really set the standard that low? I'm sorry Neil. It's just... a lot of the times it seems you lack common sense. Einstein complex.
2. You called women wimmiz, haha.
I hate to admit it, but during those times I think I act like I lack common sense when I really don't, probably just for attention or something. I need to straighten up. And the wimminz thing was subconscious :)

I don't think I can goto that one :(.

We have a mandatory rehearsal for one of shows that day.

Idon't know if tech needs to be there or not, I will check.
Sliraobe Sad.

Alright, I should have some people showing up with me.
sweet...

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Yeah Neil I left school early today and I'm gonna go see the doctor sometime in the near future so I don't think I can go to your smashfest thingy. Stupid cold.

I might go to that September 20 tourny. Depends on where it is at.

EDIT: I just got back from the doctors and I should be feeling better by tomorrow. :) I might have diarrhea though. :urg:

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Everett, I already did stoop to their level and I am very proud.

Thanks Tony. Tournament results from a state that sucks one hundredfold times than the normal state matters so much to me. [/sarcasm]

Zach, I didn't need to know you had diarrhea. It's kind of contradictory since your team name is gonorrhea. [/unwanted images in my head]

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Well... I guess I can go. I mean. I DO live here now. Meh. Though I'm not a fan of Brawl. You need a setup? I can bring Melee. :p

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Well... I guess I can go. I mean. I DO live here now. Meh. Though I'm not a fan of Brawl. You need a setup? I can bring Melee. :p
I love you already. :) Out of all of Albuquerque, there's only about two mainstream smashers who staunchly support melee and ignorantly resent brawl, one of them being me. I just host smashfests with setups for brawl because I want more people to come by.

Whaddya say we moneymatch in melee... $5 sound good? Even though none of us have brushed up on melee completely, i'm down.

I'm going to call a lot of people today and find out who exactly is coming, unfortunately it seems to me like most people are "unsure" or something

EDIT: LOL I got an infraction from Dan (AltF4Warrior). That was because I spammed on the CO thread with an NM raid. Now I know how Tai (Neil2) feels.
EDIT2: When I look at this sentence again, getting a black mark isn't really a laughing matter :(

Dekar173

Justice Man
Sorry I can't reply to your guys' texts, I can't go due to work work =/

Tourney officially Sept. 20th, going to be done a bit differently this time around, for starters it's going to be at Dead Man's Den instead of Ninja, due to us wanting the tourney to be treated a bit more fairly and with less ******* around :)

Hoping for an xbox hueg turnout, so lemme know what time works best and we'll slot it for the best time for the most people. Noon will NOT work this time around, considering lots of people are lazy ***** and don't get up early whatsoever on weekends :p

Everett, you're not mean as a person, but tons of people in Albuquerque think you're a dick because of the way you act sometimes.

Hmmm, that's funny...'cause you sometimes act like a DICK too. Better watch your attitude Neil. Patience and kindness are two very important keys of life my friend. Remember that. You're only 14 though, so you've got plenty of time to work on it.:)

OK, rant's over. See you guys later.

Fun smashfest Neil. Thanks for having me over, and letting me eat all of your food, heh. I had a lot of fun, more than I have had in a good while(other than the popsicle run). Catch you later mate. Keep up the Melee madness.;) Next time we play...I'll try to be like I was in my prime by then. No promises though. ;D

ZMan

Smash Master
Oh god Dead Men's Den. I didn't like that place last time I went. -_-

Fun smashfest though. I still don't like Melee, but SC4 was fun. :) I had no idea what I was doing.

Also, is anyone thinking about getting Tatsunoko vs. Capcom? Capcom is trying to get it to America and it is confirmed to be on the Wii. If you don't know what Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is then look it up on Youtube.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Fun smashfest Neil. Thanks for having me over and good seeing you again. It's always a blast hanging out with you.

Things I learned from the smashfest:

1. There is without a doubt in mind now that Brawl is a terrible game. I quit Brawl weeks ago and yet I still got first in the mini-tourney....talk about low depth and crappy gameplay.

2. SC4 is awesome. Better than Brawl...without a doubt. Great playing you Steven.

3. There is without a doubt in my mind that Melee is superior to Brawl in every way, shape, and form. It was great playing Gluv, Neil, and Kitsune in friendlies.

4. Anyone who thinks Brawl is better than Melee is stupid.

5. New Mexico's smash scene is still "John" happy. And will never have my respect until that changes. I'm guilty of that myself. But there are some who take it a bit too far. Part of the reason is that some of you take video games too seriously. Just relax and have fun...society isn't going to look down on you for losing in a videogame.

Other than that I had fun. Great seeing everyone again. It was great playing Kitsune and Neil in Melee and Steven in SC4. Call me again when Melee is around.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
LMFAOWTF?!?

Sol isn't even A tier.

EDIT: Current tier list, keep in mind that everyone that is in the same tier is viewed as the same level. They aren't ordered by how good they are within each tier.

S: Eddie, Testament
A: Potemkin, Baiken, Jam, Slayer
B: May, Axl, Venom
C: Sol, Ky, Millia, Faust, Anji, Dizzy, Zappa, Robo-Ky, ABA, Order-Sol
D: Chipp, Johnny, I-No, Buri

Also, keep in mind that D tier characters can still beat S tier. Unlike Brawl or Melee.

5. New Mexico's smash scene is still "John" happy. And will never have my respect until that changes. I'm guilty of that myself. But there are some who take it a bit too far. Part of the reason is that some of you take video games too seriously. Just relax and have fun...society isn't going to look down on you for losing in a videogame.
Agreed.:laugh:
P.S. GET YOUR PHYSICAL!!!!! The X-C team needs you Paul! Seriously.:)

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
EDIT: LOL I got an infraction from Dan (AltF4Warrior). That was because I spammed on the CO thread with an NM raid. Now I know how Tai (Neil2) feels.
EDIT2: When I look at this sentence again, getting a black mark isn't really a laughing matter :(
Haha.

Sorry I can't reply to your guys' texts, I can't go due to work work =/

Tourney officially Sept. 20th, going to be done a bit differently this time around, for starters it's going to be at Dead Man's Den instead of Ninja, due to us wanting the tourney to be treated a bit more fairly and with less ******* around :)

Hoping for an xbox hueg turnout, so lemme know what time works best and we'll slot it for the best time for the most people. Noon will NOT work this time around, considering lots of people are lazy ***** and don't get up early whatsoever on weekends :p
Too bad Dead Men's Den is 100% more ********.

Hmmm, that's funny...'cause you sometimes act like a DICK too. Better watch your attitude Neil. Patience and kindness are two very important keys of life my friend. Remember that. You're only 14 though, so you've got plenty of time to work on it.:)

Fun smashfest Neil. Thanks for having me over, and letting me eat all of your food, heh. I had a lot of fun, more than I have had in a good while(other than the popsicle run). Catch you later mate. Keep up the Melee madness.;) Next time we play...I'll try to be like I was in my prime by then. No promises though. ;D
I thought Neil was fifteen now. Oh well.

Neil always has my love, even when he's a dick. Especially even when he's a dick.
Agreed.

**** you too, Paul. Way to force your opinions on others.

And in regards to the John thing, a double **** you.

Dekar173

Justice Man
It IS 100% more ********, BUT we'll be having a tournament staff to run it, as well as enough screens to actually have a large tourney going (as well as 60 30 10 prizings, plus sponsored prizes from Rockstar energy).

Tell your friends about the tourney, convince noname kids from school who like brawl to come play, everything! Let's get an awesome turnout shall we?

Or at least, this is the plan. Also, if it becomes big enough locally we're going to be running SC4 tourneys, GG if we can, Tekken (whichever version everyone finds to be the best, I'm not tekken fan so I wouldn't be running it whatsoever), and a whole crap load of others. GH, CoD, and some computer games (CS, SC, DotA namely).

Ya, Albuquerque is attempting to actually organize itself for tourneys etc. and hopefully it goes well!

P.S. if any of you (Neil, Erich, Steven) want to help me (aka do it basically alone with me giving the heads up lol ~.~) run a melee division, that would be awesome. :)

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
Nice smashfest, though, I think you should adopt the name STD (smash 'till dawn).

Melee was butt-loads of fun, and like I said before, I'm gonna bring that shiz back.
Also, GGs all around.

And Steven, **** your Vader.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Erich, I must apologize for cursing when unnecessary as well. As for being unkind, well I can't deny that. However, rest assured Erich, I am easily just as mature as you mentally, emotionally, and socially. Excluding the physical part :p Everyone knows I just act like that because I want attention. I'm glad you liked the fest though.

Neil always has my love, even when he's a dick. Especially even when he's a dick.
Tony, let's get married in California.

Oh god Dead Men's Den. I didn't like that place last time I went. -_-
Fun smashfest though. I still don't like Melee, but SC4 was fun. :) I had no idea what I was doing. Also, is anyone thinking about getting Tatsunoko vs. Capcom? Capcom is trying to get it to America and it is confirmed to be on the Wii. If you don't know what Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is then look it up on Youtube.
Zach, I'm glad you liked the fest, but I must also apologize for getting in your face in front of everyone else. I can't keep my promise of being nice to you in front of others for reputation and attention.

Fun smashfest Neil. Thanks for having me over and good seeing you again. It's always a blast hanging out with you. Things I learned from the smashfest:

1. There is without a doubt in mind now that Brawl is a terrible game. I quit Brawl weeks ago and yet I still got first in the mini-tourney....talk about low depth and crappy gameplay.

2. SC4 is awesome. Better than Brawl...without a doubt. Great playing you Steven.

3. There is without a doubt in my mind that Melee is superior to Brawl in every way, shape, and form. It was great playing Gluv, Neil, and Kitsune in friendlies.

Other than that I had fun. Great seeing everyone again. It was great playing Kitsune and Neil in Melee and Steven in SC4. Call me again when Melee is around.
I totally agree with Davis in the sense that you are a ******. Paul, I bet you already know this, but for emphasis, one of the most fundamental theories of debate is to avoid critique on the performers while you critique the topic. Ytf (why the ****) did you question brawl players instead of the game? And for me - brawl is fun, it's just that melee's better :)

It IS 100% more ********, BUT we'll be having a tournament staff to run it, as well as enough screens to actually have a large tourney going (as well as 60 30 10 prizings, plus sponsored prizes from Rockstar energy).

Tell your friends about the tourney, convince noname kids from school who like brawl to come play, everything! Let's get an awesome turnout shall we?

Or at least, this is the plan. Also, if it becomes big enough locally we're going to be running SC4 tourneys, GG if we can, Tekken (whichever version everyone finds to be the best, I'm not tekken fan so I wouldn't be running it whatsoever), and a whole crap load of others. GH, CoD, and some computer games (CS, SC, DotA namely).

Ya, Albuquerque is attempting to actually organize itself for tourneys etc. and hopefully it goes well!

P.S. if any of you (Neil, Erich, Steven) want to help me (aka do it basically alone with me giving the heads up lol ~.~) run a melee division, that would be awesome. :)
Sure, I'll help run melee Dekar :)

Nice smashfest, though, I think you should adopt the name STD (smash 'till dawn).

Melee was butt-loads of fun, and like I said before, I'm gonna bring that shiz back.
Also, GGs all around.

And Steven, **** your Vader.
Lulz August. I can finally call you an NMer :p I should adopt that name. And secondly, I'm glad you liked it, but I swear you must have been starving. One more thing, Eddie, Tink, and the last guy who's name i forget *SUCK*

What a long post. Finally, here's the STD tournament results for yesterday:
http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/4084/stdtournamentat0.gif This probably isn't right since I thought davis was in it, but whatever.

ZMan

Smash Master
Neil, you don't have to be a total ******* to me infront of everyone. You're only an ******* because you choose to be. And if you continue to be a ******* to me I will no longer go over to any of your smashfests.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
What happened? Did some get ***** or something?

I like brawl :D

For me this is the order I like the smash series

Brawl then 64 then melee.

I want to help get a 64 scene started here :D

And, hey I am not stupid. :(

EDIT: Paul, ever think that you are just a good player? From what I have seen, after you play a game, and get good at it. You can drop it, and when you pick it up, your still good. Same thing with melee, same thing with brawl.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Oh, and another thing. Who cares if you hadn't played the game in weeks? You complain about everyone being too John happy, but then you say things like that, and refuse to acknowledge those who try to better themselves in that regard.

One "ah ****" doesn't wipe out a hundred "Ahta boys"

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Ahta boy Davis!

Neil, good job. He just came out of the closet. :D

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
EDIT: Paul, ever think that you are just a good player? From what I have seen, after you play a game, and get good at it. You can drop it, and when you pick it up, your still good. Same thing with melee, same thing with brawl.
Not true. When I stopped playing Melee for a couple of weeks and then picked it back up again, I was terrible. It actually took me hours of matches before I finally got my skill back. With Brawl, it's the complete opposite. I hadn't played it for a couple of weeks then came back to it for the mini-tourney at Neil's. Guess what happened...I won. It was easy too, I just played snake or metaknight when I was having trouble.

Oh, and another thing. Who cares if you hadn't played the game in weeks? You complain about everyone being too John happy, but then you say things like that, and refuse to acknowledge those who try to better themselves in that regard.
How is that a john? I was just using the fact that I hadn't played the game in weeks to assert my opinion on why Brawl is bad. Also, I don't see how I can make an excuse considering I won the tourney. I didn't name anyone in particular nor did I accuse everyone. My statement was directed towards the community overall. In the end, the individual person knows whether or not they john excessively.

I totally agree with Davis in the sense that you are a ******. Paul, I bet you already know this, but for emphasis, one of the most fundamental theories of debate is to avoid critique on the performers while you critique the topic. Ytf (why the ****) did you question brawl players instead of the game? And for me - brawl is fun, it's just that melee's better
Just because a person likes Brawl more, that does not automatically mean they think that it is a better game. There is a difference between enjoying something and knowing something is better.

Even if I enjoyed Brawl more than Melee, I would still acknowledge Melee's superiority over Brawl.

Also, no offense Neil, but I wasn't even going to attend your smashfest until you left me a message asking me to attend personally. Why...because I quit smash. I didn't go to play Melee, I went to see everybody again and to hang out.

Also, it really annoys that NM thinks it's too good. Again, I'm not blaming everyone.

Why do you all think that NM is so hated in the smash community? We have a reputation of running crappy tournaments, overly johning, and terrible players.

I've pretty much given up on smash and videogames as a whole. I'm now devoting my time to other things. And I'm not going to state what because I know it will create a whole new argument.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
And BOWSER?

He is way up there.
Not true. When I stopped playing Melee for a couple of weeks and then picked it back up again, I was terrible. It actually took me hours of matches before I finally got my skill back. With Brawl, it's the complete opposite. I hadn't played it for a couple of weeks then came back to it for the mini-tourney at Neil's. Guess what happened...I won. It was easy too, I just played snake or metaknight when I was having trouble.
I didn't know about you having trouble getting back to melee, it just seemed like you were back to it almost immediately. Metaknight and Snake are easy to play, I know. But playing against them is hard. I know. I've started to try to main Pokemon Trainer, and keep MK and Snake when I need them.(which is going to be most of the time.) But, I know I can beat MKs, and that I can beat Snakes. Why? Because I know how they play, I know how to play against them.

Don't get me wrong, they will still be hard as heck to beat.

Fact, I am a bad player. I have trouble with ANYONE.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Fun smashfest Neil. Thanks for having me over and good seeing you again. It's always a blast hanging out with you.

Things I learned from the smashfest:

Ahahaha I love you, Paul

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Paul, one could argue that you take the fact that some people take the game too seriously too seriously. However, while I think disavowing the whole NM community is pretty extreme, it's a legitimate point. Here's some examples of what I mean.

Erich: You john. A lot. Claiming that you weren't trying to win, that you weren't in the zone, lots of stuff. You've been called out on it before, but it continues, so w/e, I've come to accept it as a normal behaviour for you. I don't care about it much anymore, mostly I let it go because barring the johns, you're an awesome guy. I mean, out of all the character flaws to have, "makes unreasonable complaints about video games" is probably one of the better ones.

Everett: You seem to want to impress your "pro-ness" upon people. Name-dropping well-known players, mentioning the tournaments you've hosted or SBR rule lists to people who obviously don't know or care what you're talking about. Things like convincing Neil to let you have his MGC shirt, which everyone suspected you wanted so that you could pass yourself off as a champion. You've gotten a lot better about this recently though, and I mostly put it out of mind, as I described with Erich above. I mean, it's kinda dumb to want people to think you're great at a video game, but it's also dumb to feel the need to tear down someone who exagerrates their prowess in a video game, and the world keeps turning either way.

Davis: You just seem really, really invested Smash. In any game you watch, whether it be a casual free-for-all or an intense tournament match, you're on the sidelines sounding like a strategy guide. Yelling out specific percents at which to do specific attacks, and telling the players what their modus operandi for that stock should be. The fact is, your advice is almost always A: obvious stuff any good player knows, or B: inapplicable at the time. And those are just the games you watch. The games you play have a borderline fanatical amount of emotion put into them. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it certainly falls under the "people take the game too seriously" portion of Paul's statement.

So yeah. The things I listed above don't make me lose respect for any of you, because of all the interactions you can have with people, video game-based interactions are probably some of the least significant. Just hoping to illustrate that Paul isn't just blowing smoke (he is blowing smoke, but he's not just blowing smoke).

Also, Paul, I'm interested to see where this percieved NM hate is coming from. We may be ignored, because we're a smaller community and comparitively less skilled, but I've yet to see any evidence of NM bashing. Sure, I've seen CO and AZ trash talk, but trash talk =/= hate. If anything, it's a sign that we're moving up. I mean, does anyone bother to trash talk Wyoming? No, because that'd be like trying to pick a fight with a dust bunny, except a little more pointless. Granted, we've had disappointing tournaments, even sorely disappointing tournaments, but OOS still walks away having had a good experience because we are just that awesome a community. So yeah, I'd say that NM is going from neglected to respected, and we were never hated.

Lastly Penultimately, I think I speak for everyone when I say that the drama-diffusing presence of Kyle and David is greatly missed. Peace.

Edit: Sorry to make the wall of text rage on, but it's not often I post anything more than a joking one-liner, so I've gotta get all my points into this one!

Paul, when you say you went to the smashfest just to hang out, welcome to my mindset circa Brawl's release - present. It's the reason that even though Brawl is a bad competitive game, I can't dislike it...it helped me to realize that Smash is nothing but a conduit for social activity, not something to be pursued in and of itself. I'm in the same boat when you say you don't play Smash anymore (Hell, I lost my Brawl disc weeks ago). I mean, if someone asked me "Do you bowl?" I'd probably answer "Um, no," but I still don't turn down a chance to go bowling, because it's basically just several hours of hanging out punctuated by the occasional game of smash...err, frame of bowling.

K, done now.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Everett: You seem to want to impress your "pro-ness" upon people. Name-dropping well-known players, mentioning the tournaments you've hosted or SBR rule lists to people who obviously don't know or care what you're talking about. Things like convincing Neil to let you have his MGC shirt, which everyone suspected you wanted so that you could pass yourself off as a champion. You've gotten a lot better about this recently though, and I mostly put it out of mind, as I described with Erich above. I mean, it's kinda dumb to want people to think you're great at a video game, but it's also dumb to feel the need to tear down someone who exagerrates their prowess in a video game, and the world keeps turning either way.
This is actually something i have been working on doing alot less. I realized most of this before.
Also, the shirt, I thought just looked plain awesome. I was actually getting it for its looks, and to advertise the MGC this year. This was because of how awesome Paul described it to be. Which isn't happening in NM :(. I have been working on my problems alot, because of our drama teacher here. Who said something i will probably never forget.

What you are best at, is what you really act worst at.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Don't quit Paul. Everyone will miss you. :(
Too late. I seriously doubt I'll go to tournaments anymore. I might only be going to smashfests from now on...and that's a BIG maybe. I apologize earlier for calling Brawl players idiots. But that doesn't change the fact that I believe with every fiber of my being that Melee is better.

Also, Paul, I'm interested to see where this percieved NM hate is coming from. We may be ignored, because we're a smaller community and comparitively less skilled, but I've yet to see any evidence of NM bashing. Sure, I've seen CO and AZ trash talk, but trash talk =/= hate. If anything, it's a sign that we're moving up. I mean, does anyone bother to trash talk Wyoming? No, because that'd be like trying to pick a fight with a dust bunny, except a little more pointless. Granted, we've had disappointing tournaments, even sorely disappointing tournaments, but OOS still walks away having had a good experience because we are just that awesome a community. So yeah, I'd say that NM is going from neglected to respected, and we were never hated.
While I would agree that NM's reputation has improved, that improvement is only evident in AZ and CO. TX has absolutely no respect for the NM smash scene. OK has absolutely no respect for the NM smash scene. Utah probably hates us because we are always claiming we are better than them (calling them Easy Bake Oven sisters doesn't help either). Outside of the southwest NM has NO reputation. People think it's just some state with crappy smash players.

Also, I will in no way ever play Brawl competitively again. I'm done playing a game that I don't enjoy. I might play Melee competitively again. But I doubt that will happen. I'm done with smash, videogames, and the competitive community.

Bye everyone. To anyone I've ever offended, angered, or hurt...I apologize. To anyone who's done the same to me...I forgive. To anyone I've ever known or met through the smash scene...so long.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Utah doesn't have any beef with us at all. I've talked to their players,(Dai-a, and some of his friends) They said that it was pretty funny, because of how busy they made themselves during the melee times. OK doesn't even make sense, but I will tell you this, we do have some respect in OK from the x-topia people.

Also Paul. Whatever you are becoming competitive at, even if it is like, fashion design. I will do it too. Whatever my friends do, I will try my best to do.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Also, I will in no way ever play Brawl competitively again. I'm done playing a game that I don't enjoy. I might play Melee competitively again. But I doubt that will happen. I'm done with smash, videogames, and the competitive community.

Bye everyone. To anyone I've ever offended, angered, or hurt...I apologize. To anyone who's done the same to me...I forgive. To anyone I've ever known or met through the smash scene...so long.
See, I don't see a point in this. If you dislike Smash, bring your own games to a smashfest, (like I did with SC4, cause I really can't say I was very interested in playing Melee or Brawl). If you dislike video games entirely, show up to a smashfest and extend an invitation to perform taxidermy, or whatever else you enjoy doing now. There's no reason to let your disinterest in video games become a disinterest in people you enjoy hanging out with. Unless you do, in fact, dislike the people of the community, and want to sever your ties from them.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
See, I don't see a point in this. If you dislike Smash, bring your own games to a smashfest, (like I did with SC4, cause I really can't say I was very interested in playing Melee or Brawl). If you dislike video games entirely, show up to a smashfest and extend an invitation to perform taxidermy, or whatever else you enjoy doing now. There's no reason to let your disinterest in video games become a disinterest in people you enjoy hanging out with. Unless you do, in fact, dislike the people of the community, and want to sever your ties from them.
I don't dislike smash, just Brawl. As far as Melee and videogames go, I'm burnt out on them. It just isn't me anymore. Also, what I'm devoting my time to now has absolutely nothing to do with "competition."

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Ok, I might go back and reply to some things previously said, but for now I'm just going to attempt to keep this relatively simple.

One, I'd like to thank Steven for being the major factor in the shift from stupid yelling and flaming to productive, positive discussion, debate, and fact. That was very much needed, and I certainly could've done better. I'm sorry for that.

I agree with Steven on a whole. However, I'm not going to go through and dissect anyone's posts right now and quote them with appropriate responses.

However, I would like to say a few things:

1. I am not sorry for sounding like a strategy guide. I appreciate you for pointing this out, Steven, as it is much harder for oneself to recognize their own "faults". I put faults in quotes because, as you said, such a defect in character, like Johning in Erich's case, is hardly something to critically judge someone upon. I am a competitive person. I am a prideful person. I also have my fair share of ego and confidence. Sometimes this is good and other times it is bad.

You can say I take games too seriously, because relatively I do. Just as anyone who walks on rocks or only uses stamps for envelopes would claim that rock collectors and stamp collectors are too serious about rocks and stamps respectively. To someone such as, say, myself that seems silly. Why invest so much time, effort, and serious concentration into something like that? You care, that's why. It's what you enjoy doing or who you are.

Others might not be able to understand that, or comprehend it, simply because it isn't true for them, but to me it's just what I do. A rock collector just collects rocks and I just play games.

2. Paul, I am a person that prides others opinions, though it may not seem like that at times. It is what keeps life among humans itself diverse. However, I wish you wouldn't convey your opinions as fact (which I'm sure I myself am guilty of, so I'm not trying to be hypocritical here) or, worse yet, impress them upon others.

3. Again in respect to Paul, I echo Steven's sentiments. Simply because you have a disinterest in a game doesn't mean you should let that stop you from hanging out with people you want to hang out with, assuming you really do want to do that. I think this is a relatively good example, and if not I apologize, but in Steven's case a lot, or a few, or what have you, of his friends drink or do drugs. He still hangs out with those people, but Steven won't touch the stuff. He won't have anything to do with it. More power to him. Right? Doesn't stop him from having fun.

4. I don't know if TX likes NM, but they do like me :) Sethlon, D4BA, and Melee1 enjoyed hangin' out with me, as well as a few other New Mexicans. NM is a lot more critically judged than other states due to its community size. Not small enough to be insignificant, but not large enough to be judged as a whole. It's judged by the individuals. Plus, you can't hate someone/something you don't know. Only like, five states know that we even play the game, haha.

That's all I think I have right now.

EDIT: Wolf is bottom high :(
Guess I got work to do.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Yea CO hates AltF4 cause we don't get to do cool things anymore. I had like 10 alt accounts banned, our tags disappeared after a while, few more things I can't think of at the moment cause its really early(john). Weird thing is, I didn't get an infraction(not sure about the others) on that NM raid post. Maybe he'll give me one now?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I've gotten hella infractions from AltF4. He might be alright in person, but the guy is a terrible mod/a bit power obsessive, or something.

Also, this thread is better than watching any sitcom ever. I love you guys.

xion07

Smash Apprentice
Lol at the posts. Sorry about bailing the smashfest early, it just took way too long. :p Nice fighting you all though, especially Paul, it was my first time fighting you.

Top Bottom