• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
All right, let me clear a few things up. YOU CANNOT USE AR FOR THE WII. In other words, the no-tripping code was actually invented via homebrew, which is basically like freeware, which is basically like a 3rd party cheating software. NOW BEFORE YOU CLICK THE LINK, if you don't have a copy of LoZ: twilight princess or an SD card and a lot of time on your hands to become a programming nerd, then you can't do it. REMEMBER YOU WILL ALSO VOID YOUR WII WARRANTY. Without further ado, here it is:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=188481

To finalize what I'm trying to say, NO. We are very unlikely to have a no-tripping finals for our tournament :ohwell: It's quite a bit of effort. Plus I have the GCN version of Twilight Princess :(
Oh snap, that is a lot. Well, I have a copy of wii twilight princess if anyone wants to try it.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Gamecube version of TP is better, because it has an awesome bug:

Go into the Desert town, just because it's got a teleport spot close-by if you screw up, and it's decent for learning about what you can do. Call Epona into town. Then, call up midna and the map at the same time, the map a split second before midna (think wavedash timing). On the map, choose a teleport spot, usually the one closest to town if you screwed up. If you did it right, Midna will come up, tell her to shut up, or whatever the command is. You will now have unloaded the zone exits, which means that it should just be empty white space anywhere you can normally leave the zone.

Pretty cool, but you'll fall through the space forever if you go into it. That's why we called Epona. Get on Epona, since Epona can't fall, and you can ride her around outside/under the zone. Have fun doing it everywhere once you've got the timing down.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
The gamecube version of Twilight Princess?

Neil... we are no longer friends.
J-J-J-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHNS!!!!!! *shakes head left and right*. Besides, I didn't have my Wii at the time I wanted to buy LoZ: TP.

Gamecube version of TP is better, because it has an awesome bug:

Go into the Desert town, just because it's got a teleport spot close-by if you screw up, and it's decent for learning about what you can do. Call Epona into town. Then, call up midna and the map at the same time, the map a split second before midna (think wavedash timing). On the map, choose a teleport spot, usually the one closest to town if you screwed up. If you did it right, Midna will come up, tell her to shut up, or whatever the command is. You will now have unloaded the zone exits, which means that it should just be empty white space anywhere you can normally leave the zone.

Pretty cool, but you'll fall through the space forever if you go into it. That's why we called Epona. Get on Epona, since Epona can't fall, and you can ride her around outside/under the zone. Have fun doing it everywhere once you've got the timing down.
That seems really cool. I'll have to try that - I'm a master of endless white space glitches.

*******s, stealing my arts.

I modded my Wii once already. I'll look into no-tripping Brawl later.
I'm a dastardly *astard is what I am. How'd you mod your wii? Was it just changing the regional code to global so that your wii could play *** games??

I still want to know who has my vcr and forcibly search and seize their house of my vcr.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
@Sinz: Its alright bro. But I'll try to come see sweeny todd though.

Also, how can I convince this n00b at Sandia (ironically enough named Lucas) that you can't beat the running man in Ocarina of Time. He has claimed to have beaten him 4 times. Please help me out here.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium

Also, how can I convince this n00b at Sandia (ironically enough named Lucas) that you can't beat the running man in Ocarina of Time. He has claimed to have beaten him 4 times. Please help me out here.
Cool, but our drama teacher is being weird about sweeney todd, I may actually advise against seeing it. But, only time will tell.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Your VCR was at Insomnia, correct? Nobody here has posted that they have you VCR. Maybe you ought to check Insomnia?
Good idea.

This sounds oddly familiar. I remember when I borrowed OoT from you. I never finished it :( Btw Lucas is truly a noob and is a Lucas IRL - he's a scrawny 4 foot freshman who wears glasses. I mean, come on. It seems like video games make PHYSICAL impressions on people in real life or something. Soon I'm going to turn into a blue bird with a gun :laugh:

You don't get to contribute anything to a conversation about OoT until you've beaten it.
This is just like how I've still never played StarFox64 and I was shunned from saying that magical phrase . . . "DO A BARREL R------

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Me and Erich should be there.

I have a date tonight so I won't make it to the smashfest.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yeah, it will prolly be with Erich, unless Paul shows up.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the smashfest is on for tonight. My phone is 505 363 1730. Hope to see you guys there, so far I think Neil and Paul are confirmed. I also picked up a bunch of bagels and sweets from my work for people to snack on. We also only have two setups so if anyone wants to bring one down it would be much appreciated.

Salty123

Smash Apprentice
i can see it its not jesus ziodberg though

its peach and fox (i think) fighting on pictochat with the head and hand drawing but you can only see the hand

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
That tournament was unexpectedly awesome. DMN actually had non-headache-inducing lighting and everything.

Nolan, Matt, and Walker: Awesome smashing with you guys before the tourney, and a special thanks to Nolan for playing that mouth-based videogame with...err, for letting me crash at your house.

Neil: What can I say except that Melee is and will always be awesome.

Paul: Way to tear up doubles. Though we should've gotten SOMETHING for second place, especially with the finish being that freaking close. Also, I'll definitely look through that sheet you gave me. Gotta respect someone willing to examine the faith aspect of their life rather than just sleepwalk around.

Everett and Erich: Holy ****, those were some of the most fun Brawl doubles I've played in a long time.

Dekar: That Diddy was just too much...don't worry, I'll find a way to deal with it.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
That tournament was unexpectedly awesome. DMN actually had non-headache-inducing lighting and everything.

Nolan, Matt, and Walker: Awesome smashing with you guys before the tourney, and a special thanks to Nolan for playing that mouth-based videogame with...err, for letting me crash at your house.

Neil: What can I say except that Melee is and will always be awesome.

Paul: Way to tear up doubles. Though we should've gotten SOMETHING for second place, especially with the finish being that freaking close. Also, I'll definitely look through that sheet you gave me. Gotta respect someone willing to examine the faith aspect of their life rather than just sleepwalk around.

Everett and Erich: Holy ****, those were some of the most fun Brawl doubles I've played in a long time.

Dekar: That Diddy was just too much...don't worry, I'll find a way to deal with it.
I am still confused from doubles.
There 9 teams, 10$ each, so thats a 90$ pot. And its a winner takes all thing right, and the payout is 45$ ?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
sad face.

Eh, its fine. Diddy, is pretty good :D
He is fun to play as :D Mine just isn't super cool yet.

Salty123

Smash Apprentice
so how did everybody do in da tourney

and yes dmd took half the doubles pot but i think that at least 2nd place should've gotten somethin

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master

Yeah, the smashfest was awesome. I'd love to do another one. tthe fact that you and paul didn't get antything for second is stupid, though. Still great job, including in singles.

xion07

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys,

I wish I could have stayed but my pal had to get going so I had to go :(
ggs everyone it was fun to watch and play you all, gg Zman it was close lol.
I'll have to practice more sometime since I don't have the game anymore.
Hope to see you all in the next tourney and maybe a smashfest?
Let me know who got 1st, 2nd, 3rd guys! :D

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Fun tourney. I was sad we didn't get any money for getting second in teams though. I was going to use it to buy some Spiritual Law booklets so I didn't have to use just paper.

@Steven: Good job in doubles. It's sad we didn't get anything for second place. We didn't get to play SC4 again...oh well, maybe at the tournament next weekend.

@Neil: Melee was awesome. I have to be careful though, I think I'm getting addicted to it. Anyways, quit complaining about my Marth. You should mix it up more when off the ledge. I'm able to gimp you have the time because I read you like a book when you're off the stage.

@Everett & Erich: Good job winning the doubles tournament. Really close matches...it was a ton of fun.

@Dekar: Awesome Diddy. Watching your diddy in action actually makes brawl entertaining to watch.

@Nolan, Walker, & Matt: Awesome smashfest and great hanging out with you guys.

Everyone else: Fun hanging out and good luck at future tournaments.

P.S. I forgot to hand out some of the Christian sheets that I brought to the tournament. If anyone of you are interested, I encourage you to look up the Four Spiritual Laws.

Top Bottom