• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
to quote steven, without using the quoting function, the DMD tourney was really fun. So was the smashfest. Time for some shoutouts:

Nolan: I wish you wore your awesome pokemon hoodie to the tourney. That would net you at least 3 hot girls' phone numbers. Thanks for the fest too. I really enjoyed the snacks aspect of the fest - I usually don't have quality bagels. And plz bring bagels to every fest you possibly can, I'll make sure to make a big deal out of it so that EVERYONE eats some instead of just me and you end up taking like 5 pounds of processed grain to your house.

Matt: I feel really bad that I didn't talk to you about yugioh enough. I'm not actively informed and currently circulated into the scene right now, I never really was. I never competed in any tournies before, I just used to go to hastings saturday mornings to play a little bit. Well, once again, congratulations for being the 2004 TCG national champion.

Walker: Man, I was such a douche-*** to you. It was just so easy and you sat down, took it, and didn't even try and make a comeback. Yep, sorry for that. You, good sir, have a really cool name and are a rather interesting nerd :) hopefully I'll have AR melee ready for you next time, it's just that my AR has periodic malfunctions and actually loses it memory. What happens is that the codes take HOURS to enter and losing its memory means losing all the codes. It's such an annoying ***** - imagine typing on a computer with a gamecube controller. also plz change your avatar. every time you post i think interim of zeal has a frikin post count of 2.

Nolan, Matt, and Walker: I felt a lot during the fest that I was taking up your playtime. I said so many times, "just one more match" "you can play in like 5 min" or something. I'll make sure to bring another setup or something.

Davis: Argh :( sigh :( i missed seeing your incredibly sexy face :lick::lick:

Steven: Thanks for the ride to and fro DMD. Your kirby has hundreds of times more potential than your DK, but at the moment your DK is hundreds of times better. I kinda can't give any tips or tricks or try to help you at brawl in any way. Also sorry for saying that paul did all the work, you know I didn't mean it that way. it was like our team last time when we faced gonorrhea and i was holding you back.

Paul: your car is hella awesome. Great melee matches at the fest, even though next time it'll be even better because there won't be a squawking bird and a doorhumping dog. Also, what exactly do you mean by "everyone needs to work on the falco-marth matchup." It doesn't seem like it's a particularly changing match. There's not many dynamic playstyles for marth and falco since mew2king and shiz at FAST.

Erich: Woot Erich I assure you that you are the most chill smasher out there. I was saying back at DMD that whenever I win a tourney match against someone, I have an uneasy feeling talking to that person immediately after. maybe it was just me though. Except for you though, we just chatted on after. decent match though, excluding the fact that brawl mechanics generally FAIL. This entire paragraph is a victory john by the way.

Sinz: Well, it's really funny seeing you at every fest. I measure your progress each time and it's soooo funny. What I mean by that is that probably since brawl came out, you've been much more personable to me. I'm not sure what exactly triggered that change, but thanks anyway. gg on the absence of puberty jokes as well. Teach me to play metaknight - it is possible for someone to NOT know how to play metaknight and win. Really, it does matter.

Dekar: you realize that after this tournament, everyone in NM will be playing against lvl 1 and lvl 9 diddy kongs all the time AND that they will be spending hours more on the diddy kong forum and their own character forum trying to counter it. In all honesty though, what a badass thing you've done casey. Decent match I guess. If i were to continue the john paragraph, I'd say that I was doing fine the first stock on smashville - i knew how to dodge your bananas rather well. Secondly, what kind of counterpick is luigis mansion?

Xion: Sniff I didn't get to play you. Yep, so I will decimate your Ike sometime. and about that match wit zach that you lost to, did he play lucas? personally, fighting lucas with ike is pretty easy, maybe you just suck. JK JK lolz thats just trashtalk ;) I do that a lot. hopefully that will get you riled up for the next fest so we can make Ike ditto history.

Zach: How's my dickness progressing? I think i've probably emphasized this enough, but if you picked g&w that match, you'd have easily one. it's just something with your deceptive spamming of the same moves over and over again which causes the deceptively large range of g&w's disjointed hitboxes. srsly. and i'm sorry you're sick, it's probably something I did. my neck and chest felt rather stiff round 3 pm, and it probably spread to you.

Daniel: I didn't talk to you much this fest. I don't know what exactly i'm supposed to shoutout to you. get better i guess or something.

cameron: i just wanna shoutout to you, even though you don't have a smashboards account, that you are the worst smasher in all of NM. i like how whenever I tell you that, you don't even deny it. you also just sit there, take it, and never even get better. you think you get better to. this was for the reading pleasure of the rest of NM.

i hope i didn't miss anyone. hugs and kisses to you all. i still type really long posts, bu i think this one was unique because this shoutouts reply happens to be extremely successful. every single shoutout was a full paragraph, excluding daniel rofl.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
You guys are coming to the Fall Frenzy, right? And I don't mean a couple of you, you're ALL coming, right?!?!?!

It's in Denver this time, so we'll have some housing. And if any of you play GG, we're gonna be working on the smash scenes beating the GG scene, so practice that shiz. Also, kash has to come up here so I can seduce him away from zeal.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Dekar: you realize that after this tournament, everyone in NM will be playing against lvl 1 and lvl 9 diddy kongs all the time AND that they will be spending hours more on the diddy kong forum and their own character forum trying to counter it. In all honesty though, what a badass thing you've done casey. Decent match I guess. If i were to continue the john paragraph, I'd say that I was doing fine the first stock on smashville - i knew how to dodge your bananas rather well. Secondly, what kind of counterpick is luigis mansion?
Actually, I have been working on playing as diddy, already:D. It helped out in the MU, I knew what to watch out for and how to counter out diddy :D
One sad thing, I couldn't Dtilt as much as I wanted to, I did smashes instead by accident :(

xion07

Smash Apprentice
lol @ neil, very funny. :p maybe next tourney we will be able to match up.

Yeah Zman used Lucas, but it doesnt mean that just because I fought a lucas doesn't mean it will be easy. Zman has a really good Lucas, I've never fought one quite like his. :) his PK thunder really gimps me when I try to recover, I'll work on that.

Good job Casey, I watched all your fights with your diddy, your real good with him. :)

Also, ggs everyone, I enjoyed watching them!
~Please keep me posted on the upcoming tourneys in Albuquerque. :D

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
Did Johnnylaw die or something? I haven't heard from that guy in forever. I'd appreciate it if he sent my controller to me sometime soon.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I don't know what happened to him, I don't htink any of us have his number.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
@Neil: I was only sick because I was getting a crash from that VitaminEnergy and I didn't eat anything that day cept for some waffles and begals.

Also that made me realize that Vitamin Water is very tasty and good and energy drinks are no bueno and make me sick.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Walker: Man, I was such a douche-*** to you. It was just so easy and you sat down, took it, and didn't even try and make a comeback. Yep, sorry for that. You, good sir, have a really cool name and are a rather interesting nerd :) hopefully I'll have AR melee ready for you next time, it's just that my AR has periodic malfunctions and actually loses it memory. What happens is that the codes take HOURS to enter and losing its memory means losing all the codes. It's such an annoying ***** - imagine typing on a computer with a gamecube controller. also plz change your avatar. every time you post i think interim of zeal has a frikin post count of 2.
Don't worry about it. I still want to learn how to get good at melee too. Oh, and i can imagine typing on a gc controller, since my keyboard is broken and I have to use the on screen keyboard. It's really lame. But isn't there a connecter for your ar to a computer to just download the codes? My freind can do that with his ar ds. I'll find another avatar, but my soul dies a little at the thought.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Sounds like I missed an awesome tournament.

Davis: Argh sigh i missed seeing your incredibly sexy face
Haha. That was amazing, Neil. Managed to make me laugh and smile. Something getting harder and harder to do. I'll try to show up next time.

You guys are coming to the Fall Frenzy, right? And I don't mean a couple of you, you're ALL coming, right?!?!?!

It's in Denver this time, so we'll have some housing. And if any of you play GG, we're gonna be working on the smash scenes beating the GG scene, so practice that shiz. Also, kash has to come up here so I can seduce him away from zeal.
Sex. I mean... RAWR! Wait... no...

Ok. Let's go.

I don't know what happened to him, I don't htink any of us have his number.
I have his number.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Fall Frenzy: When is it??? I need a specific date so I can come ;o

As far as everyone practicing against Diddy and such... That was the goal? To progress Brawl's competition scene. It's one thing to see a Diddy rolling around with a banana in one hand and the other in the opponent's face, but it's even more awesome to see an opponent who knows how to react. I love seeing those matches.

Also, GG to all!

Xion:

1st = Sinz, 2nd = me, 3rd = Gluv (old dirty dirty GG reppin' the Marth, Kirby, and of course Donkey Kong)

It was extremely fun! Now, time for the vote:

should the next tourney occur on the 11th of October, or the 18th? Are there any events occurring on either date that might ruin the turn out? Input would be great! Everyone's opinion counts! Except Zman of course 'cause he's a future pedophile for playing Lucas so vehemently ;)

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
@Dekar: Even though my opinion doesn't count you should have it on the 18th since the 11th is Sandia's homecoming which I am planning on going to.

@Xion: Imma play around with Lucas and GAW from now till the next tourny and see which one works out for me.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
October 25th is the act, so don't have it then. I don't know if i can make it next month, I have sweeney todd.

xion07

Smash Apprentice
Awesome! Also, I think it should be on the 18th. I wish I could have stayed for the last singles matches. lol
@Dekar: GJ getting 2nd, I want to play you again sometime. :) smashfest anyone?
@Zman: Alright, sounds good! I hope to play all of you guys again. Theres really no one in Los Lunas besides Chef that play really good. lol
@Neil: Are you hosting another smashfest anytime soon?

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Fall Frenzy: When is it??? I need a specific date so I can come ;o

As far as everyone practicing against Diddy and such... That was the goal? To progress Brawl's competition scene. It's one thing to see a Diddy rolling around with a banana in one hand and the other in the opponent's face, but it's even more awesome to see an opponent who knows how to react. I love seeing those matches.

Also, GG to all!

Xion:

1st = Sinz, 2nd = me, 3rd = Gluv (old dirty dirty GG reppin' the Marth, Kirby, and of course Donkey Kong)

It was extremely fun! Now, time for the vote:

should the next tourney occur on the 11th of October, or the 18th? Are there any events occurring on either date that might ruin the turn out? Input would be great! Everyone's opinion counts! Except Zman of course 'cause he's a future pedophile for playing Lucas so vehemently ;)
I actually only repped the Marth in singles. Well, except for that last match where I broke out the Kirby by popular demand. You're 100% correct about the old dirty dirty part, though.

Also, I'll split the cost of HD cables with you. It's not your fault Ninja Monkey are being douchebags.

Also Also, October 18th is the Greatest Good for the Greatest Number of Dynamics.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
just decided to pop in(my place kinda neighbors you guys), but does anyone know of any POSSIBLE smash tournaments in Las Cruces?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I actually only repped the Marth in singles. Well, except for that last match where I broke out the Kirby by popular demand. You're 100% correct about the old dirty dirty part, though.

Also, I'll split the cost of HD cables with you. It's not your fault Ninja Monkey are being douchebags.

Also Also, October 18th is the Greatest Good for the Greatest Number of Dynamics.
I have an extra pair of composite cables, I could probably find them for you guys.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193381

It's the last weekend in November, on the friday/saturday/sunday after thanksgiving. The brawl stuff doesn't start until later on Friday, so you guys wouldn't have to miss turkey day. I believe all the smash stuff will finish Saturday, for anyone that finds things holy and doesn't want to sunday it up, though you'll miss out on guilty gear singles.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
The person above me plays entirely too much Magic.
That is impossible to do. Magic is awesome. Well, less awesome than it used to be, but still very good. It's only too much in the sense that it conflicts with the amount of brawl I play.

Oh, the 18th would be a good time for another tourney.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
There's a tournament at UNM on the 4th. It's going to be single elim, and there aren't any teams this time around because they got very disorganized and they want to start their tournaments out this year being organized. Since it's close to my house again and i'm going to have the house to myself, I was thinking the Friday before or Saturday night after I was going to hold a smashfest. Thoughts on which day? And more info on the tournament is at http://anime.unm.edu/. The prizes are going to be in gift cards because they aren't legally allowed to give out cash.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
I have an extra pair of composite cables, I could probably find them for you guys.
I appreciate it, but composite cables aren't the concern. Here's what happened: At the last Ninja Monkey tournament, Dekar asked me to bring my component cables. However, when I got there, it turned out there was no need for them. So Dekar set them aside, in the event that they may be of use later. Unfortunately, I forgot to pick them up when I left. Now Ninja Monkey is claiming that the cables are theirs.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
The UNM one, I might be able to to make it to, I don't know though.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
This one i am not so sure though, we have reheasels for sweeney starting next week. So, I don't know just what will be going on. I just know we will have a ton of rehearsals for the show. It is at the end of oct. We have less than a month to do todd, so I am expecting 3-4 rehearsas a week, for the first two weeked, then every day till the show.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
Paging Dekar, paging....we'll have a smash fest at my house maybe on the weekend, and get Steve-o's ******* involved. Then I'll get back to wrecking yah.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I'll try and help with that, since I spend so much time with him . I'd like double elim, too.

/random/ @ Paul, neil and steven: the vid I was obsessed with showing you guys at the smashfest is called Pokemon Extreme. It's on youtube. It's really funny.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I was kind of weary about single elim too. I've messaged the TO that everyone is kind of weary about it, too, so we'll see what he says.

Top Bottom