• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Lol.
LeeHarris, Sinz only likes you because you main Snake :laugh: As for the mexicans thing, whatever. supposedly I can only think of 1 actual hispanic smasher in NM, I could be wrong. *cough* someone with the last name of urbano *cough*

on a very bad*** note, I SAW PETE SAMPRAS!!! I was like a ****ing fangirl. that **** made me cry. He was against Sam Query in the Pit, tons of Sandia tennis kids were there :) *(&%&*^$&^*%^*()_*&)^(*&^&$)(*&&%^ pistol pete ftw :lick::lick::lick::lick::lick:

okay, fine, guys, *SMASHFEST AT MY HOUSE* on saturday afternoon. bring setups, bring money to buy food. same old thing. CALL ME IF YOU'RE COMING. yep yep it's both melee, brawl, and if steven is so kind, then sc4.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Lol.
LeeHarris, Sinz only likes you because you main Snake :laugh: As for the mexicans thing, whatever. supposedly I can only think of 1 actual hispanic smasher in NM, I could be wrong. *cough* someone with the last name of urbano *cough*

on a very bad*** note, I SAW PETE SAMPRAS!!! I was like a ****ing fangirl. that **** made me cry. He was against Sam Query in the Pit, tons of Sandia tennis kids were there :) *(&%&*^$&^*%^*()_*&)^(*&^&$)(*&&%^ pistol pete ftw :lick::lick::lick::lick::lick:

okay, fine, guys, *SMASHFEST AT MY HOUSE* on saturday afternoon. bring setups, bring money to buy food. same old thing. CALL ME IF YOU'RE COMING. yep yep it's both melee, brawl, and if steven is so kind, then sc4.
Response one. I don't even know who leeharris is.
I will probably be coming, I don't have a phone, the earliest I could come is 3. But closer to 4.

xion07

Smash Apprentice
I can't make it to your smashfest today, sorry guys :( I cant keep jumping out from los lunas to albuquerque.
But yeah Salty, I'll be coming with my crew, cant wait to fight you all again in the tourney and friendlies on the 20th. :)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Zack I need two tickets for your guys' play.

And whats the name of it again? :D

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
fun fest guys. Zach, what Sinz said. If I'm actually free that time, it might be worth seeing my first ever high school play :)
LeeHarris has a **** good signature. I'm in the mood for shoutouts btw.

Davis, I'm sorry for your... um.. loss that morning. I won't be able to sympathize enough.
Steven, check your inbox.
Paul, I was going to call marth a ***ger***got. But then I realized that I just plain need to work on that matchup, which is a john. Great moneymatch though.
August, I feel that you are more technical than me. Apparently New Mexico thought of me as "technical" but I know I'm not. You can have my spot.
Zach, k I hope I wasn't mean to you during the fest. Sorry time and time again for being a dick to you only in front of other people.
Cameron, get better and less ignorant.
Jordan, you don't even have a smashboards account so why should I-

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Smashfest at my house (yale and ceaser chavez near isotopes stadium) on friday night>>saturday. I normally wouldn't hold one but there's a tournament very close by the next day at DMD if anyone's going. Bring setups, sleeping bags, money for food, etc. Call me if you're coming at 505 363 1730 or message me here so I know what to expect. Hope to see you guys there.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Smashfest at my house (yale and ceaser chavez near isotopes stadium) on friday night>>saturday. I normally wouldn't hold one but there's a tournament very close by the next day at DMD if anyone's going. Bring setups, sleeping bags, money for food, etc. Call me if you're coming at 505 363 1730 or message me here so I know what to expect. Hope to see you guys there.
I am going to the tourney at DMD.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
What's up Nolan, ya sexy bad***!! Ima definitely coming to your fest. We can get the details sorted out later cuz it's Sunday midnight and I have an English paper due on Monday >_<

What loss?
Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't I hear at cici's that cassandra broke up with you? I'd assume thats why you "had a bad day and needed some social fun" :(:(:(
I guess I could add on the golden sun story too.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Crazy awesome! I'll try to get a setup with SC going on because that seems to be the cool game to play these days, but it'll have to be sc2 because it's the only I have (and my friends are all in love with link).

trollhammer101

Smash Cadet
dang, i havnt talked to you guys in forever. my neighbor found out i was stealing his internet and lost my wi-fi. so i got a job at hastings and i'm going to get my own tomorrow. can't wait, anywho i need a tournament. seriously. i miss competitive gaming :(

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Ah, yeah. Well, I was actually having a bad day before that happened, as I made that post before she broke up with me. She actually broke up with me while I was on my way out the door to your house.

Dekar173

Justice Man
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all!

As for the tourney this Saturday, doubles do not occur before singles, they occur *ding ding ding* after, like the tournaments prior to it.

Also, we are in need of 3 set-ups (set-up meaning a wii with all characters/stages and of course Brawl), and if any of those set-ups has the anti-trip mod well then I'd be willing to give you singles entry for $5 and doubles for free (your partner still pays though sorry :p).

The two regular set-ups = 2 dollars off entry fees, so $8 for singles and $3 for your doubles fee.

Thanks for reading sexies, any input would be greatly appreciated. Also, the first three people to reply in this thread with the setups get the discounted fees.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
I'll bring down my setup. I've got a friend with an AR disc, so if he'll let me borrow it I can bring it in and turn off tripping.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
As for the tourney this Saturday, doubles do not occur before singles, they occur *ding ding ding* after, like the tournaments prior to it.
Actually most tournaments hold doubles before singles.

Dekar173

Justice Man
So that's two setups, possibly one with anti-trip, woo.

Wanna keep me updated on whether you can bring the AR disc? I'd really like for semis/finals/as many matches as possible played without tripping.

Lots of players typically leave by the time doubles start up because they don't find it to be worth their time/just don't like doubles. That can't be helped, regardless of what time it starts :)

BUT, we can do a vote and see when I should start singles, first or last.

IoZ you're allowed to vote because you're such a forum ***** <---- (that word has a w not a b) ;D

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yeah, if you don't do doubles first, of course lots of people are going to leave. Especially with Brawl. If you do doubles first, however, regardless of if someone loses or not, they're normally going to stick around for singles, blaming their partner for their own loss.

If people lose in singles, however, they rarely stick around for teams.

I vote for doubles first. Seriously, it makes all your valuable players happier, and is generally more fun.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
You're right baby! I never thought of it like that *big warm smilies*!

Doubles in before singles /lame internet joke

EDIT:

Hhaahaha. Through a cleverly planned insurrection as a diversion, I have stolen Colorado's secret art:

HEARTS!
♥♥♥♥♥♥
I can do it too :D :D

Doubles is cool :D

Dekar173

Justice Man
Looks like we're gonna be doing singles second thus far, and ya it makes sense BUT a lot of the time people have things going on, **** you all and your social lives :[

more votes pl0x :D

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Zman, I can't make it to your play, instead me and my date are going to putt putt :D

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Seems like my friends AR disc is nowhere to be found. I'll keep calling until then, but for now all I can guarantee is my setup.

Double before singles vote here, too.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Heart Heart heart,

Yeah.

I can bring a TV for recording.

It is really small, but it records in a better quality then my vcr

I will bring some tapes for it too :D

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Long Post Alert

dang, i havnt talked to you guys in forever. my neighbor found out i was stealing his internet and lost my wi-fi. so i got a job at hastings and i'm going to get my own tomorrow. can't wait, anywho i need a tournament. seriously. i miss competitive gaming :(
What's up Troll. I haven't seen you in forever! Sept 20 at a stupid place called Dead Man's Den (terrible lighting), but whatever. come.

Don't worry, Kash. That just means we don't have to sneak around anymore.
That's genius Tony. Seriously I'm going to nominate you for an IQ scholarship or something.

This made me spit sierra mist onto my computer.
Argh. This joke made me laugh harder than Tony's.

Hhaahaha. Through a cleverly planned insurrection as a diversion, I have stolen Colorado's secret art:

♥♥♥

HEARTS!
****! I know how to use the symbol, but I don't know how to express the love IRL :(

Didn't I have the hearts on my sig since ages ago?
Yes lol. Sorry, but be surprised to know that I like the clefairy one more than the "that's how I roll" one.

Can someone link me to where I can get the anti-tripping mod? Please?
All right, let me clear a few things up. YOU CANNOT USE AR FOR THE WII. In other words, the no-tripping code was actually invented via homebrew, which is basically like freeware, which is basically like a 3rd party cheating software. NOW BEFORE YOU CLICK THE LINK, if you don't have a copy of LoZ: twilight princess or an SD card and a lot of time on your hands to become a programming nerd, then you can't do it. REMEMBER YOU WILL ALSO VOID YOUR WII WARRANTY. Without further ado, here it is:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=188481

To finalize what I'm trying to say, NO. We are very unlikely to have a no-tripping finals for our tournament :ohwell: It's quite a bit of effort. Plus I have the GCN version of Twilight Princess :(

I'm not trying to sound stuck-up or persuasive, be my guest if you want to do this. In fact I'll be proud of you. Don't ge me wrong, seriously, this code is fantastic, just a little bit complicated is all.

Edit: On a side note I have AR for the GCN so if anyone wants to play AR melee (which is super fun you'd be surprised and no one listens to me about how fun it is), then come over.

Top Bottom