• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
erm, Up B out of shield for MK doesn't work, it doesn't kill very well like that.

If you guys decide to ban MK, let me know so I can have some time work on other characters.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I just don't like Textbook because he's cocky as hell for a mediocre (at best) player. Pretty lame.

I was at C3. I was the Peach player. Prolly placed fourth.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Lol, MK does NOT have a hard time killing. He can gimp with hardly any consequence to himself and his Up-B, Down Smash, and Forward Smash all are very good kill moves. Only noob MKs have a hard time killing because they either suck at gimping or spam his best kill moves (ie move degeneration). I don't even practice with MK yet it is WAY easier to win with him than any of the other characters. Just take a look at the thread I posted a link to.

Anyways, don't worry about it Everett. SamuraiPanda said the SBR would warn the community ahead of time if MK is going to get banned (that way MK mainers know what to expect).

I just wanted to let NM know that the SBR and the rest of the smash community are seriously debating whether or not to ban MK right now. If any of you want MK to get banned/not banned I seriously suggest getting in on the action.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Yeah, cause I am the only MK mainer in NM ://// so it would kinda be a stab at me if we banned it all of the sudden ://///

Also, I love Swing Dancing

You guys should come to the buena vista community center on tuesday nights at 7 pm, its 3$ and it is a lot of fun.

Also, chicks are awesome.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
If you are curious about my opinion on the MK banning debate, here is my opinion (which I completely jacked off the 3rd post or so from the thread):
I don't know what the very elite metaknights are capable of, and what the exact gap or level of unfair advantage the frame perfect action replay MK vs the frame perfect AR Diddy Kong, for example. I don't think anyone here in NM has the ability to say that anyone has fought or experienced that level of advantage a deserving metaknight. So, I'll just stand back and watch the privileged SBR talk it ouf for the next 6 months and see if M2K actually finds a flaw with MK, his very own main. (Watch some youtube matches of Reflex (wario) vs M2K (MK). They are unexpected and rather close for a guy "reflex" i've never heard of. Let alone the fact it's a wario).

@Kash: That little fest was fun at your house on Sunday. You should do that more often. :p
Happy birthday Zach, next time I come over, i'll probably give you my $10 gamestop gift card I guess. Maybe if I'm in a good mood, after all it seems like I wouldn't get much of a present from you.

Speaking of which, my birthday's in 2 weeks. All of you should be invited. Are you all down for Hinkle's? I'll think about throwing a paintball-based party, maybe some bumper cars, lazer tag, mini golf, etc. If that plan epically fails, then I'll just wing it and throw a tourneyfest at my house (with a mini tourney)

Hey guys! Justin here from UNM Anime Club.

I'd like to thank everyone on behalf of the club for coming, especially those of you who brought set-ups; they were such a big help in the beginning stages of the tournament! If you're interested in the full tournament results, they can be found here.

I've noticed that there are a few complaints regarding the use of gift cards as prizes, so I'll address them here. Our host, the UNM Student Union Bldg. won't allow us to reward cash as a prize, being that we're a school-sponsored organization getting a break in space rental fees, however, if - for the next tournament - you're not keen on the Gamestop gift cards, we could do one of two things:

1) Delay the administering of prizes so that the winning combatants can choose where to have their prize gift cards apply.

or

2) Award the victors catch-all Visa gift cards that are good at just about all major and minor retailers.

Please let us know if you have any more suggestions through our email anime@unm.edu.

And thanks once more! It was great fun hosting the tournament!
Thank you for the tournament. I was rather surprised by the turnout (amount of people that came) and the overall atmosphere + setups + conduction of said tourney. I can hopefully speak for all of us when we say Option 2 would be preferred.

Also, check out this awesome teir list from some gamfaqs n00b.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=45787177
The toke jopic part was hella funny, especially with some of the high tier explanations.

So, we have a venue for smashfests now :D

http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=4822

Yeah :D
Yay, talk to pat for us and keep us updated.

most of all whens the next tourney besides the one on the 24th?
Is DMD still on for the 18th?

And I've decided to not 2nd main MK, and instead use Samus.
Xion, I am so sorry I missed you on the shoutouts, I don't know how that couldve happened. Anyways, I can't host a fest this weekend due to my goodheartedness of volunteering at the Balloon Fiesta. Great job on ditching MK, who I can't think of an insult for. Srsly, anything he gets is too good for him.

Some type of LAN center tournament is going down on the 24th. According to Dekar, it's going to be big. That's about all I heard from him regarding the event though. Details should surface soon.
Dekar's a badass. THAT is all.

erm, Up B out of shield for MK doesn't work, it doesn't kill very well like that.

If you guys decide to ban MK, let me know so I can have some time work on other characters.
ACTUALLY Everett (i've been wanting to say this forever), YOU ARE WRONG. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT ABOUT BRAWL, SON! jk jk lolz, but seriously, you can technically upb out of shield with tap jump on. If you tap jump during the shield animation, you can input the up+b command during that same frame. Remember that very first frame afterwards is considered when the character is in jumping animation (trying to get off the ground) in which inputs can be registered. That very frame is where the new buffering system kicks in, allowing your up+b to happen the earliest frame possible of your jumping out of shield. So HAHAHAHAHA. :laugh::laugh: jk again lolz, it's just not very often I get to laugh and make fun of you.
Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrUwyFI5_2o

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I just don't like Textbook because he's cocky as hell for a mediocre (at best) player. Pretty lame.

I was at C3. I was the Peach player. Prolly placed fourth.
Huh, well I'll play him and tell you how it goes. I hope he's cocky, makes for more epic matches imo. And you were there for the 2006 summer, right? I was a newb fox from durango (hard core newb *not noob*).

How is Denver placing in tournaments around the 4 corners right now? And what is the general power ranks?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
General 4-Corner Power Ranks:

Brawl:

?? Who cares? Maybe someone else, but most certainly not I.

Melee:

Whoever is power ranked for AZ.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Huh, well I'll play him and tell you how it goes. I hope he's cocky, makes for more epic matches imo. And you were there for the 2006 summer, right? I was a newb fox from durango (hard core newb *not noob*).

How is Denver placing in tournaments around the 4 corners right now? And what is the general power ranks?
At AZOneTwo, Tim took 7th, along with Kash (NM). The rest of us threw our matches to go play Melee since we had to wait two hours between matches. We all got 33rd, lololol.

Erm, Jeris took 1st at NM, but they've improved since then, though I think they still didn't manage to get top 4 in singles (AZ+NM took first in teams, though. Who knew having a teammate with a hangover was a bad idea? Nah, they still performed well). Dai-A kinda beasted us.

As far as Brawl is concerned, I'd say that the 4 corners region is MUCH closer in skill than they were for Melee.

Melee, it's probably AZ, UT, NM, CO. We don't really play anymore. We've all kind of moved on to GG, or just accepted Brawl. D:

I do miss Melee from time to time, but whatever. I can't cling to the past. D:

xion07

Smash Apprentice
@Neil- Don't worry, I did terrible at this tourney. I promise not to disappoint next time. Also by the next tourney I should have a decent Samus behind my Ike :D

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
If you are curious about my opinion on the MK banning debate, here is my opinion (which I completely jacked off the 3rd post or so from the thread):
I don't know what the very elite metaknights are capable of, and what the exact gap or level of unfair advantage the frame perfect action replay MK vs the frame perfect AR Diddy Kong, for example. I don't think anyone here in NM has the ability to say that anyone has fought or experienced that level of advantage a deserving metaknight. So, I'll just stand back and watch the privileged SBR talk it ouf for the next 6 months and see if M2K actually finds a flaw with MK, his very own main. (Watch some youtube matches of Reflex (wario) vs M2K (MK). They are unexpected and rather close for a guy "reflex" i've never heard of. Let alone the fact it's a wario).
Sigh Neil, you need to get caught up on MK's metagame. Those vids are too OLD to count for anything. Here, watch these vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46QmG2b4eAg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pay4vxdISi8

MK is a broken character. He is the ONLY character in the game that has NO BAD MATCH UPS.

Anyways, I'm glad NM has hardly any MK mains. At the recent UNM tournament none of the players in the top 8 were MK mainers.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
*Jumps on the anti MK bandwagon*

Seriously though. He at least needs a temporary ban, because too many people pick up MK in order to counter him. (If) He actually has a way to be beaten, we won't find it out by all playing MK. We find it out by playing other characters. Good job on not picking him up, Xion.

@Neil: The criticisim is totally fine. I know you're just trying to help me. If you really want to know, the biggest reason I'm obsessed with matchups is that I mostly play MtG, where matchups are a lot more relevant than in brawl. It's just how I percieve competetive: a large game of rock, paper, scissors. But nm, I still want to get better, amd any advice is really appriceated.

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
To whomever asked, Reflex is among the best (the best?) player is California, and main Wario. He can go toe-to-toe against MewtwoKing's DDD, he's quite good.

And yes, just ban MK already. I asked the question on Paul's link and I'll ask it here-is there some commitee that decides who will be banned? And how?

Ax00x0

Smash Apprentice
And I agree with what Tarmogoyf just said-eventually, EVERYONE is going to have to try to master MK just to avoid being easily killed by one. It'll be Melee all over again, where anyone NOT Marth/Fox/Falco is pretty much a goner.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
To whomever asked, Reflex is among the best (the best?) player is California, and main Wario. He can go toe-to-toe against MewtwoKing's DDD, he's quite good.

And yes, just ban MK already. I asked the question on Paul's link and I'll ask it here-is there some commitee that decides who will be banned? And how?
He is from FL first of all.

And he got ***** by M2K's D3. He wasn't toe to toe against it. He was close the first two games, then he just got ***** hard.

ACTUALLY Everett (i've been wanting to say this forever), YOU ARE WRONG. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT ABOUT BRAWL, SON! jk jk lolz, but seriously, you can technically upb out of shield with tap jump on. If you tap jump during the shield animation, you can input the up+b command during that same frame. Remember that very first frame afterwards is considered when the character is in jumping animation (trying to get off the ground) in which inputs can be registered. That very frame is where the new buffering system kicks in, allowing your up+b to happen the earliest frame possible of your jumping out of shield. So HAHAHAHAHA. :laugh::laugh: jk again lolz, it's just not very often I get to laugh and make fun of you.
Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrUwyFI5_2o
Thats adding another step.
So it changes from Upb out of shield to. Jump out of shield to up b.

Completely different :D

Erm, Jeris took 1st at NM, but they've improved since then, though I think they still didn't manage to get top 4 in singles (AZ+NM took first in teams, though. Who knew having a teammate with a hangover was a bad idea? Nah, they still performed well). Dai-A kinda beasted us.
I got klaptrap ***** by listening to Flux. :/// I learned two lessons. 1. Never listen to flux. And 2. Never choose Jungle Japes.

That things ticked me off so much. But, now i feel kinda naive about that ://////

Anyways, I'm glad NM has hardly any MK mains. At the recent UNM tournament none of the players in the top 8 were MK mainers.
I am the only MK main that is competent.

So ban... me?

I am not fully against the banning of MK, tough I do agree he is a really busted character. Really busted.

But, who are we to ban a character in our state where ONE player mains him.

All in all, I don't like getting ***** behind my back.

Also, Swing Dancing is pro.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
I say stop complaining and pick up a different character, Everett. You only picked him up since that invisibility trick was discovered. You picked him up because he is busted and we are probably going to ban him for that same reason. Oh well. I used Metaknight against Paul in the tournament and I don't even practice with him (not that there is anything to practice, really). Why? Simply because he is easy to use and perform well. Paul picked Snake in response. If that is what Brawl is going to result to, count me out.

At AZOneTwo, Tim took 7th, along with Kash (NM). The rest of us threw our matches to go play Melee since we had to wait two hours between matches. We all got 33rd, lololol.

As far as Brawl is concerned, I'd say that the 4 corners region is MUCH closer in skill than they were for Melee.

Melee, it's probably AZ, UT, NM, CO. We don't really play anymore. We've all kind of moved on to GG, or just accepted Brawl. D:

I do miss Melee from time to time, but whatever. I can't cling to the past. D:
I suck hard at Melee. Not that I was great to begin with, but... really... seriously... it's pretty bad.

Let's ban Metaknight immidiately here in NM, regardless of what the SBR does. All in favor?

Aye!
lulz

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Davis I do play other characters, but MK is the one I have worked on the most. Also, I didn't just pick him up for the cape stuff. I did a joke game with him for the cape, which was pretty funny.

Bu, the reason I picked him up was because of I didn't feel confident in my Snake at the time of Mast. Ask, AZ. They asked me, and so did DSF, and that is what I told them.

Texas never asked :/

And when you played Paul with MK, you got ***** right? You tend to do that against good players.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
You picked MK because you thought he was a win button. You lost to a scrub that used MK, and then Lunchmeat, our ROB player. No johns about the klap trap. That was one round out of the 4 necessary to remove you from tournament (assuming you got 2-0'ed both times you lost). Worse yet, it was YOUR counterpick. Maybe next time, you should pay attention to the timer, eh?

Honestly, you just don't want MK banned because he's easy to do well with. If NM wants to ban him, NM gets to. You can always host your own tournaments with MK allowed, and see who turns up for them.

Brawl is easy enough, you can learn someone aside from MK. What part of him did you put so much "work" into, anyway? The mashing b, or the reverse upb?

As is, you lost to a guy with a hangover for a MM, so it's not like your MK is be-all-end-all, is it?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
You picked MK because you thought he was a win button. You lost to a scrub that used MK, and then Lunchmeat, our ROB player. No johns about the klap trap. That was one round out of the 4 necessary to remove you from tournament (assuming you got 2-0'ed both times you lost). Worse yet, it was YOUR counterpick. Maybe next time, you should pay attention to the timer, eh?

Honestly, you just don't want MK banned because he's easy to do well with. If NM wants to ban him, NM gets to. You can always host your own tournaments with MK allowed, and see who turns up for them.

Brawl is easy enough, you can learn someone aside from MK. What part of him did you put so much "work" into, anyway? The mashing b, or the reverse upb?

As is, you lost to a guy with a hangover for a MM, so it's not like your MK is be-all-end-all, is it?
I lost to Dai-a. I know that. He is a good player.
I suicided so much against that kid it was ********.

And Tony, you have been jumping the ban button from the very beginning. Oh BAN SNAKE. Oh hes banned in Japan, which isn't true. Oh ban this ban that ban this ban that.

Yeah, I like playing MK, why? Because he is fun for me to play as in Brawl. He reminds of me of melee falcon. So if you think I chose him as a win button you are wrong.

I learned some new strategies with MK, and I can beat MK's with my other characters.

The fact is, I am the only player in NM who mains MK. So if he isn't banned as a whole community, I take it as a personal shot. Because, it kinda sounds like to me. Oh gawd. Everett has won too many tournaments with MK, Ban his main. Because, you guys were talking about doing that with Snake too. And guess what, I was the only good Snake mainer back then too. (Paul mained Wario.)

So, for me it seems like I have been dodging the BAN bullets.

xion07

Smash Apprentice
*Jumps on the anti MK bandwagon*

Seriously though. He at least needs a temporary ban, because too many people pick up MK in order to counter him. (If) He actually has a way to be beaten, we won't find it out by all playing MK. We find it out by playing other characters. Good job on not picking him up, Xion.
Thnx, I think Samus would be way cooler to play around with :)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Also.

I don't think M2K will go to HOBO 12, and as I result I don't think there will be near the attendance at HOBO 11.

If he and Chillin and Azen go and they win with Falco they may be scared that Falco will be banned, so why risk it? Especially if M2K, the best player in the world, just went to Texas and Texas responds by banning his main. I can only imagine if it was a Melee tournament and Azen/M2K got first and second using Marth, then Ken got third, and Neo and Husband rounded out two more Marths in the top 8 (not all that unrealistic, eh?).
We are gonna become a ban jumping community at this rate.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
I don't think that Texas would ban a character just because he won a tournament. If that was the case than almost every character in the game would be banned. On top of that, Falco, as well as every other character in Brawl (cept for MK) has bad matchups.

I say we should just wait for a while till we decide anything drastic as banning MK.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Everett, I (along with everyone else, I think) never really wanted to ban Snake. It was just more of a joking "GAWD SNAKE IS BROOOKEN" thing. In reality I wanted to take a wait and see approach. I've waited and seen. Snake is fine. MK is not. I don't think anyone's singling you out for winning tournaments. Sure, you're the only competent Meta main, but you're not the only competent Meta. When Davis' Metaknight scares Paul away from his main, there's a problem. In the same tournament, after two close matches against me with his DeDeDe, Paul decided not to risk the loss, played Metaknight, and essentially auto-won. Is that simply a reflection on my skill, or my knowledge of how to fight Metaknight, or Paul? It doesn't matter, because it doesn't change the fact that Metaknight is just a brick wall in tournaments. I'll go ahead and make the assertion that BRAWL'S METAGAME WILL REMAIN STAGNANT AS LONG AS METAKNIGHT IS LEGAL.

Look, we're all aware Brawl has no hit stun. Hit stun is essentially, what, lag that you inflict upon your opponent? So with that gone, you've got to make the absolute most out of the lag your opponent inflicts on themself. Wait, Metaknight has no effing lag on anything. Hmm...difficult to capitalize on something that isn't there.

So yeah, here are the stipulations of my personal soft ban on Metaknight. If anyone picks Metaknight against me, expect an icy glare and repeated utterance of the phrase "You disappoint me so very, very greatly" for at least 30 seconds, even if it carries over into the start of the game and causes me the loss of one or several stocks.

Oh, and no offense meant to Everett, Davis, Paul, or any player mentioned in this post. Maximum offense meant to Metaknight.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Just so you guys know. I am not against the banning of MK, I just would rather he gets banned as a community as a whole.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Metaknight's a broken character and it's only a matter of time before he's banned, so why not start with him being banned by... November? This would give Everett time to change mains, and wouldn't force him to pick up a new one right before some pretty big tournaments.

Also, little idea. How about we start doing double-blind picks for all 3 rounds before playing the first? As well as choosing our counter-pick stage BEFORE the first round? I think it'd be interesting how things would turn out.

Also, only a ****** doesn't support the metaknight ban. Name another character that it is absolutely impossible to beat (regardless of who's playing) with jigglypuff :)

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that Texas would ban a character just because he won a tournament..
We did not ban a character because m2k or any other MK player. We are TESTING a ban on MK and see how it goes.

I use MK exclusively in tournament now because it's the smartest move to make. He is broken. Done. In addition, why would WE (the dallas community) want to ban MK whenever so many of us use him? Don't pull that card. If your a good player; you will learn to use whatever character necessary to accomplish the same thing. Even infinity (exclusive MK main since the start) got a bit butt hurt about the idea. However, even he is recognizing how rediculous it is.

Probably left out some stuff...but whatever.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion

And Tony, you have been jumping the ban button from the very beginning. Oh BAN SNAKE. Oh hes banned in Japan, which isn't true. Oh ban this ban that ban this ban that.
I was joking about Snake. GJ w/ failing at sarcasm detection, though.

Yeah, I like playing MK, why? Because he is fun for me to play as in Brawl. He reminds of me of melee falcon. So if you think I chose him as a win button you are wrong.

I learned some new strategies with MK, and I can beat MK's with my other characters.

The fact is, I am the only player in NM who mains MK. So if he isn't banned as a whole community, I take it as a personal shot. Because, it kinda sounds like to me. Oh gawd. Everett has won too many tournaments with MK, Ban his main. Because, you guys were talking about doing that with Snake too. And guess what, I was the only good Snake mainer back then too. (Paul mained Wario.)
Wait... you think you were actually good?

Aha...
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Didn't you get ***** by Jeris? You know that he lost to Leo's Snake at C3T for a FULL SET before he stopped losing to him, and Leo is crap.

What about MK reminds you about CF? His high-priority? Wait... CF had crap priority. His aerial speed and mobility? Aside from gliding and mashing the b button, he doesn't have much in the way of that, either. The fact that you have to think on how to recover? Yeah, sure, he's like that.

You chose him because you saw what he could do, and you think that playing him makes you good.

Spoilers: Colorado still respects Kash as NM's top player, despite his tournament placings in NM. He did the best at AZ, and he actually gave Tim a tough time.

Not only that, he doesn't lose to random-*** ROBs.

JUST SAYIN'!

Also, for having other characters, I sure as hell didn't see any variety when you came to CO, especially when the going got rough. Rumor on the street is that you didn't go CF against Jeris once, either.

Whatever, Sinz. Like Gimpy, you were waaaaaaaay cooler before Brawl came out. My ♥ still goes out to everyone that went to AZ, and a few others.

EDIT:

Tony, didn't you lose in tourney to the guy with a hangover?
Didn't I also intentionally put myself in the hardest bracket and not use my main against the guy with a hangover?

Just sayin'.

Hmmm...hi everyone!! I haven't been in here for a while.

Anyways, MK, huh? Well...for a while I wanted to think he was like Sheik from the last game, but um uh...I think my opinion has changed since then, hehe. He's a lot more busted than Sheik was in Melee. As for banning him, I'm not sure. If push comes to shove, then I'm for banning him, but unless it's close I'm neutral.

HI TONY!!!!!!!!!!:love::crazy:

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Interim, you worry me. Your the kid that brings guns to school lolz.

And I'm getting my crew assembled to the best of my ability. These cats are lazy down here. So how about Kash or someone moves to durango and joins my crew? lolz

And MK banning should be a no. Just because a character has no lag, good recovery, amazing technique, no skill requirement....... well, anyways, doesn't mean you can't beat him. MK's don't bother me unless they are on a higher level of play.

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
. MK's don't bother me unless they are on a higher level of play.
That's the reason he should be banned. With two players on equal skill (talking about the highest level of play), it makes no sense for a player to choose any other character than metaknight. That is why he is on the verge of being banned.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
So, in other words, unless the MK is able to beat you, he doesn't bother you.

I really take offense to the school shooting bit, especially when it comes from my childhood hero, Tigger. Seriously, though, very uncool. Both the remark about guns and the whole furry thing.

Kash SHOULD move to Colorado, but it should be Denver. We love that man too much. Tim and I routinely talk about how Kash would probably be enough to get our scene interested in the game again, since he loves it so much and he's actually good and all. That plus he'd be able to chill with us.

AND HI, ERICH! HOW'S IT GOING, BABE?!?

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
Hehe, Davis is pretty good at Brawl...just unlucky. He probably would have won the set against me at the UNM tourney last weekend if the stage didn't flip and kill him off the top of the screen on his last stock.

So yea...anybody up for SC4? My Apprentice is slowly improving lol. Unfortunately, I only get to play the game when Steven brings it to smashfests.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Davis I do play other characters, but MK is the one I have worked on the most. Also, I didn't just pick him up for the cape stuff. I did a joke game with him for the cape, which was pretty funny.

And when you played Paul with MK, you got ***** right? You tend to do that against good players.
Um, then use those other characters? I'm sorry that your hours of practice with dimensional cape is going to be put to waste.

Also, no. As Paul said later on in the forum and this post, I probably would've won if Frigate Orpheon didn't kill me when it flipped. No johns though, amirite?

We were one and one and I went Metaknight to assure my victory and Paul picked Snake, the only character that seems to have a decent chance against Metaknight, because he didn't know what else to do.

Tony - ♥infinity♥
Everett - 0

So, for me it seems like I have been dodging the BAN bullets.
Woah. "Everett has won too many tournaments with MK, ban his main?"
You could use some humility in your diet, buddy.

Thnx, I think Samus would be way cooler to play around with :)
Samus is pretty sweet.

Everett, I (along with everyone else, I think) never really wanted to ban Snake. It was just more of a joking "GAWD SNAKE IS BROOOKEN" thing. In reality I wanted to take a wait and see approach. I've waited and seen. Snake is fine. MK is not. I don't think anyone's singling you out for winning tournaments. Sure, you're the only competent Meta main, but you're not the only competent Meta. When Davis' Metaknight scares Paul away from his main, there's a problem. In the same tournament, after two close matches against me with his DeDeDe, Paul decided not to risk the loss, played Metaknight, and essentially auto-won. Is that simply a reflection on my skill, or my knowledge of how to fight Metaknight, or Paul? It doesn't matter, because it doesn't change the fact that Metaknight is just a brick wall in tournaments. I'll go ahead and make the assertion that BRAWL'S METAGAME WILL REMAIN STAGNANT AS LONG AS METAKNIGHT IS LEGAL.

Look, we're all aware Brawl has no hit stun. Hit stun is essentially, what, lag that you inflict upon your opponent? So with that gone, you've got to make the absolute most out of the lag your opponent inflicts on themself. Wait, Metaknight has no effing lag on anything. Hmm...difficult to capitalize on something that isn't there.

So yeah, here are the stipulations of my personal soft ban on Metaknight. If anyone picks Metaknight against me, expect an icy glare and repeated utterance of the phrase "You disappoint me so very, very greatly" for at least 30 seconds, even if it carries over into the start of the game and causes me the loss of one or several stocks.

Oh, and no offense meant to Everett, Davis, Paul, or any player mentioned in this post. Maximum offense meant to Metaknight.
Agreed in every way.
No offense taken, either.

I was joking about Snake. GJ w/ failing at sarcasm detection, though.

Wait... you think you were actually good?

Aha...
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Didn't you get ***** by Jeris? You know that he lost to Leo's Snake at C3T for a FULL SET before he stopped losing to him, and Leo is crap.

What about MK reminds you about CF? His high-priority? Wait... CF had crap priority. His aerial speed and mobility? Aside from gliding and mashing the b button, he doesn't have much in the way of that, either. The fact that you have to think on how to recover? Yeah, sure, he's like that.

You chose him because you saw what he could do, and you think that playing him makes you good.

Spoilers: Colorado still respects Kash as NM's top player, despite his tournament placings in NM. He did the best at AZ, and he actually gave Tim a tough time.

Not only that, he doesn't lose to random-*** ROBs.

JUST SAYIN'!

Also, for having other characters, I sure as hell didn't see any variety when you came to CO, especially when the going got rough. Rumor on the street is that you didn't go CF against Jeris once, either.

Whatever, Sinz. Like Gimpy, you were waaaaaaaay cooler before Brawl came out. My ♥ still goes out to everyone that went to AZ, and a few others.

EDIT:

Didn't I also intentionally put myself in the hardest bracket and not use my main against the guy with a hangover?

Just sayin'.
Wait a second... isn't failing at sarcasm detection my job? Back up off my grill, Sinz!

Also, thanks for the love Tony. I try.

Interim, you worry me. Your the kid that brings guns to school lolz.

And I'm getting my crew assembled to the best of my ability. These cats are lazy down here. So how about Kash or someone moves to durango and joins my crew? lolz

And MK banning should be a no. Just because a character has no lag, good recovery, amazing technique, no skill requirement....... well, anyways, doesn't mean you can't beat him. MK's don't bother me unless they are on a higher level of play.
Tony is not like the kid that brings guns to school. He's the kid that beats up the kid with the gun and goes, "What the hell were you thinking, scrub?"

So, in other words, unless the MK is able to beat you, he doesn't bother you.

I really take offense to the school shooting bit, especially when it comes from my childhood hero, Tigger. Seriously, though, very uncool. Both the remark about guns and the whole furry thing.

Kash SHOULD move to Colorado, but it should be Denver. We love that man too much. Tim and I routinely talk about how Kash would probably be enough to get our scene interested in the game again, since he loves it so much and he's actually good and all. That plus he'd be able to chill with us.

AND HI, ERICH! HOW'S IT GOING, BABE?!?
I think I was born in the wrong state D:
I'd play GG, too. I think NM should go to Colorado's tournament.

Hehe, Davis is pretty good at Brawl...just unlucky. He probably would have won the set against me at the UNM tourney last weekend if the stage didn't flip and kill him off the top of the screen on his last stock.

So yea...anybody up for SC4? My Apprentice is slowly improving lol. Unfortunately, I only get to play the game when Steven brings it to smashfests.
Yeah. I'm pretty good at that terrible luck thing. No johns, I suppose.
I'm down for some SC4. Did I ever play you, Paul?

Hehe...

I'll play some SC4. I've only played it once, but it's definitely pretty fun. Me like!!

Dang, son! That was a LOOOOOOOOOOONG post Davis.

OH, IT'S GOIN' TONY! I MISS YOU DOWN HERE IN NM, HUN... (Ok, maybe I went too far with that one, eh? ;))

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
What's up peepz. I could host a smashfest this weekend, but it depends on other people's schedules. I have Friday off due to Fall Break. Should I? I could do all day Saturday or all day Friday, one of those two and that's it.

I was about to quote Davis's post and jump in on the CO conversation, but then I realized how disastrous the consequences would be. My post alone would consume the text capacity of this thread and cause a miniature black hole in the Southwest regional zone, causing the entire area to slowly depreciate into chaos. Seriously, I'm not joking, hopefully that should describe how long my posts are.

Plus, if I try and actually talk with Tony, I'll just have another orgasm. That's how desirable he is to me :lick::lick:

I was going to join the MK debate, but then I also realized that Paul's right, I don't know **** about brawl. I'll work towards the soft ban of martha in melee by christmas instead :)

Can we start planning for that Oklahoma tournament as well? Dekar is planning on hosting NM's road trip. He's taking two or three confirmed people or so, me being one of them, provided my parents don't interject and I don't have plans.

Call me up if you want to smash or discuss an eternal tale of swords and souls, (i'll be busy on friday and saturday morning from 3 am to 8 am, YES, those hours, so I won't be sleeping AT ALL this weekend). That is because I am a prideful cockrider who volunteers at the balloon fiesta :chuckle:

Top Bottom