• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Mexico Thread LIKE THE DESERTS MISS THE RAIN

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
@xion: Who I think is coming is You, Walker, Matt, Neil, Steven, Paul (?), Zman, Overgames and I'm not sure if anyone else confirmed.
I might be able to go...anyone need a ride? I'm not 100% sure right now. Also, I don't know if I'll be sleeping over yet. I'll be sure to let you know Nolan.

Again, if anyone needs a ride and you live on the west side of town call or text me at 505-270-1131

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Psst, that's a good one, Steven.

Alright. I'll be there. Can I get directions?
Oh! That's my favorite part of Pokemon!
"Go figure that's the last card in my ****ing prizes! ****ING GAME!"

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Psst, that's a good one, Steven.

Alright. I'll be there. Can I get directions?
Oh! That's my favorite part of Pokemon!
"Go figure that's the last card in my ****ing prizes! ****ING GAME!"
Haha I just hate it when I get some type of search effect and the card I need is in my prizes. Uh my address is 2739 Santa Cruz SE 87106, I would suggest mapquest or google or whatever because I suck out loud with directions, ask Steven and Neil.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
So guys. Screw the UNM tourney. I can't make it, I am busy that day.

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
pfft that shirt's mine stupid newb Neil.
Who wants to boot camp some time? :D
Pfftz you're a stupid noob for not adding the letter "z" to the word pfft jeez i thought you knew everyone has to do that. Also yeah I'll bring the shirt to the next fest.

There is a tourney this Saturday? Is it in Albuquerque?

Also isaccard, mind if I come to the smashfest?
My name is Derek, I'm 16 and have been looking for some NM smashers to play offline. :D Hope I can come!
Pleasure to meet you Derek. There's too many names with the letter d in albuquerque - doug david daniel davis dekar darcy and now you derek. Jeez.

If anyone in the Farmington area wants to Smash, PM me or send me an e-mail at YelloSnowDemon@hotmail.com

We've got a group of 4, and we play every weekend. (We're Ryan and Patrick, if you attended the Melee Play'n'Trade tournaments.
Pleasure to meet you to YellowSnowDemon. Interesting username I guess. I'll make one this winter - via snow, some red paint on the eyeballs, and a lot of urine. And you should talk to the Play N Trade on Montgomery and Louisiana (?) to set up tournaments on a regular basis. That would be much appreciated.

I can probably supply a lot of snacks (ie. chips, fudge rounds, and a lot of bagels). I'm pretty poor atm but I'll try to get some drinks by tomorrow.
I'll bring something if I can.

@Davis: My friend Ladan might play you in Pokemon.

@Isaccard: I might go to your house on Friday.
Zach your comments have such a matter-of-fact or to-the-point tone. You never use the exclamation points or question marks. Everythings too factual. Jeez. get a grip. You sound like a robot lol. Also I FINALLY FIGURED OUT WHAT THE 5D'S THINGS WAS!!!!!! OMG OMG LittleKuriboh called it huh. Well, I am one of the few people who felt that GX was already backwards enough, it's like comparing brawl to melee for me and like comparing melee to brawl for you. Yep. That's how much I hate 4Kids and their spiteful, pedophilic ways of attracting young 8 yr old children into stupid ideas that were ripped off of LK.

Haha I just hate it when I get some type of search effect and the card I need is in my prizes. Uh my address is 2739 Santa Cruz SE 87106, I would suggest mapquest or google or whatever because I suck out loud with directions, ask Steven and Neil.
Out of curiosity, how can you *suck out loud* I mean, I understand the sucking part, but would you be exaggerating the sucking sounds? Why the hell would you purposely want to do that? You are confusing Nolan, next time just say "suck hard". Sucking is a sensual state associated with taste and touch, not of sound. God. Well that was a fun argument. Yep

I'll be at the fest tomorrow and bring my new $20 GCN black controller which I apparently get to keep since no one else claimed it yet. W00tz. Bai

Daimonster

Smash Journeyman
I will most likely never see my gamecube controller ever again.
Get at me johnnylaw.

Just making my weekly runs.

gamesuxcard

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity, how can you *suck out loud* I mean, I understand the sucking part, but would you be exaggerating the sucking sounds? Why the hell would you purposely want to do that? You are confusing Nolan, next time just say "suck hard". Sucking is a sensual state associated with taste and touch, not of sound. God. Well that was a fun argument. Yep
I thought we had something Neil. Tsk tsk.

tw1n

Smash Champion
*Tear* I miss you guys. I really do. Neil, we need to play tennis someday... or MELEE!!!! How has everyone been? School has been kicking my a with the double s. If anyone needs a tutor for math (Calculus 2 or lower) or physics let me know lol. Its getting drilled into my skull and I need to let some out =D

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Hey NM, I'm living in Durango.

I need some smash guys. I'm going to die. It's like a dry season for heroine, and I'm the biggest addict. I'm pretty much vehicle-less, but maybe BTK Paul wants to give me a ride? (If I pay gas?). Or I'll greyhound it or something. Any good smashfests or tourneys going on soon?

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
@tw1n: Hi David! I'd ask for your help in Geometry but I have an A in that class (and the only person in that class who has an A)

@Neil: If you didn't know what 5Ds is that would have been a PERFECT time to Rickroll you. Live and learn I guess. :/

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
@Zach: Geometry is so easy though. I'm surprised you're only one with an A.

On a side note, It's about a 50/50 chance I'm going to the fest. Again, if anyone needs a ride to the fest or the tournament tomorrow let me know.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Well I'm glad I sent that text to alot of people about the UNM tourney. Last time they held one me, Kyle, Neil, Lewis, and Wraith tore that competition a new one. Good times lol.

@Z: Geometry is as easy of math as it gets. Calculus II isn't even that hard for me right now thankfully.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Meow, why don't you bring some life to Durango's Smash Scene? They were all talking like they were better than us (again, lololol). Get them to come back, and we can have us a North v South thing going on.

xion07

Smash Apprentice
lame news, I have no way of getting over to the fest today. :(

But I can make it over to the tourney tomorrow. :D

Isaccard, I'll give you a call around 1ish to see if the registration time is extended. Laterz until then :)

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Meow, why don't you bring some life to Durango's Smash Scene? They were all talking like they were better than us (again, lololol). Get them to come back, and we can have us a North v South thing going on.
All I have to work with is:

Martine (Mexican Ninja) :: I don't think he's got the skillz to pay the billz...

Textbook Ninja :: Haven't played him yet, but we'll find out.

BBQ Penguin :: Dude. A noob. C'mon!

It would be embarrassing for me to do that. I'd be better off as a one man crew if Textbook isn't any good (tho they talk **** like he is, so we'll find out).

I was top 4ing in Texas tourneys left and right, then I come here and it's like, zomg, internet play or nothing!!! Maybe I'll just travel up to Denver sometime, it's as close as Albuquerque, right? Besides, I miss the trash talking you guys dish up XD Interim, you wanna play online sometime?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
I HATE WiFi, and I'm not too hot at it, but I guess I could play.

Where in Texas were you top 4ing? What names did you beat?

Durango is probably garbage still. Especially Textbook. Always has been, always will be. If you have nothing but scrubs, I guess you'd better start teaching them. It's not like Brawl takes too much skill to win in.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I was consistently beating Melee1, who was one of their best. I can't say I'm better then, but did beat in tournament: Hylian, Infiniti (Only once tho), Fogo, and that whole group. I never beat Sethlon, he was just too good XD But I was viewed as a power player for a while, so I'm not like terrible.

Wobbles was amazing tho, he sat me down and taught me how to play against meta knight (tho in a 3 hour training course, I don't think I beat him once... T_T). I stopped playing for like a month, cuz I realized I didn't have a job, a girlfriend, or a house for that matter XD But I'm back in now.

And I'll do my best to train them, but it's hard to train someone who already thinks they are amazing you know? Andy will be easy to train. I dunno, we'll see how this works out. And don't worry about playing online then, unless you want to.

EDIT:: Maybe I'll just join NM's team if they think I'm good enough. I have some vidjos up just search Dark Meow. They might be extremely outdated, like back to may I think, but I was still doing alright back then to.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Your good enough, your avatar proves that already.

Plus, it sounds like you don't suck.

EDIT: just watched one of your vids.
Nice.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Do Luigi and GaW, They cover almost all of each others weaknesses. Just watch out for Snakes.

If you play against a MK do not play Luigi, really do not. It is a HORRIBLE MU for Luigi. Choose GaW, because it is actually advantageous if you know what you're doing. I can help you out if you want, Zach.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
16 :/..... I am 18 :D

Yeah, next smashfest/ tournament I can make it to, we will spend like 10-15 games of you as GaW and me as MK, and I will show you some shenanigans with GaW too.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
I have to say, that was a great tournament. 50-man tournaments usually do not run that smoothly and professionally. Props to the UNM anime club. I do have a qualm with the prizes. 50/25/10-dollar gift cards are not satisfactory prizes for a tournament of this caliber. I've heard conflicting reports as to whether you guys are allowed to give out cash prizes, but definitely try for that, or at least more valuable gift cards.

GGs everybody.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
50 man !!? I really wish I could have gone.

what were the results?

Any new GOOD players? Anyone that I might have to worry about?

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
Results for those interested

1: Alphabravo
2: Erich
3: Sliraobe God
4: Beav (sp?)
5: GoldenGlove
5: Tarmogoyf
7: Kashakunaki
7: Isaccard
The rest: ???

I think that's accurate.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
Thanks, Sinz. :)

And I agree with the things that Steven said about the tourny. The rules could have used some tweaking. Pke Stadium 1 shouldn't be a neutral and Rainbow Cruise, Halberd, Delfino, Green Greens, and Castle Siege shou;d have been CP able.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Well, it sounds like it was a good tournament, we should try to stay in touch with the anime club, they sound like they are pretty nice.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Don't abandon durango, meow! We really need parts of the state outside denver to get better. Competition benefits us all. It'd be great to be able to do North vs. South crews and not know who will win.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Results for those interested

1: Alphabravo
2: Erich
3: Sliraobe God
4: Beav (sp?)
5: GoldenGlove
5: Tarmogoyf
7: Kashakunaki
7: Isaccard
The rest: ???

I think that's accurate.
Seems right. I just need to get more prarice against good Ikes. And Paul's Falco is broken...... Anyways, good games everyone, and cash prizes and more stages would be great. I'd really like to see more UNM tourneys, and I still ecourage at least trying swiss format.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Cool, I'm going to try and adopt your falco Paul. And I'll let you have some of my Peach.

And timotee, I'll go ahead and do what I can with Durango. But don't be angry if they aren't "competition", they are really into CoD 4 and ****, so it's hard to keep them interested for very long.

Top Bottom