• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New FL Melee PRs?

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
We would have to be weary of empty tournament padding.

Winning a tournament that nobody goes to would give you a lot of points. Even if two or three good players went to a 16 man tournament, it still wouldn't be a good representation.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
We would have to either weight tournaments depending on how many people/who attends, or weight points gained on the PSR of the player beaten instead of just having a blanket ± 10 or ± 5 points.

Pi

Smash Hero
the panel should assign #'s to players and give points based off of who they beat/who beats them

the #'s being related to how good that player is

ex. Hbox being ranked as a 20
shiz being a 17/18
col bol a 16
plup&linguini 15/14

something like that and so on and so forth for all notable players

Zoro

Smash Champion
true true.

DAMN i'm hyped for 2011 smash
Yeah same here im buying recording equipment but im not too sure what to buy
if anyone knows the best stuff to get let me know..

i was thinking of getting the dazzle but i dont know much about it

i wanna be able to stream and record

Pengie

Smash Lord
I don't know what it's called, but that thing that Rohins had at WATO was pretty beast; it records everything to a flash drive so there's no need to lug around a laptop.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Streaming usually looks like ****. I'd much rather get good quality videos a month later than crap quality videos now. Also, most of our tournaments aren't really big enough to stream. Post-tourney vids are better.

Also yes, ask Rohins about his. It's insanely cool

Zoro

Smash Champion
Streaming usually looks like ****. I'd much rather get good quality videos a month later than crap quality videos now. Also, most of our tournaments aren't really big enough to stream. Post-tourney vids are better.

Also yes, ask Rohins about his. It's insanely cool

Or I could do both..........I really like streams if i cant make it to a tourney cuz of whatever reason i like to see whats going on as it happens its more exciting that way, at least for me.
waffles streams and uploads high quality vids...

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
I suppose if you can do both, more power to you. But I for one am willing to sacrifice live-streaming for higher quality. In the end, it's up to you, but that's my two cents

Pengie

Smash Lord
I don't know about streaming for small scale tournaments, but things like NOOB 3 and any other tournament that draws a large crowd should definitely have a stream.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Okay kids. We need to start this back up. Where did all the discussion go?

NOOB 3 is this weekend, and we certainly use those results to help out.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Rice is great, but doesn't go to enough big Florida tournaments for us to accurately rank him. We know he's good, he just never plays Hungry, Shiz, Colbol, Linguini, etc

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
So NOOB 3 had pretty much every single notable player in Florida. Some of the results were surprising, and many players made good names for themselves.

We definitely need some discussion now about the 7-10ish places on the PR list.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Yes. Top 5 is looking to stay the same, while Rock and UI might go down and Skrach/Nicaboy might go up. I want to see the results thread before going any further though

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Hmmm Noob top 5 almost exactly the same as the power rankings. Good job.

Shiz and Colbol are prolly 2A and 2B. Pretty much all of their games over the last 2 years go to the last stock. Shiz has an advantage in set wins but Colbol does better vs Hbox.

Why is ESAM on the list?? He's been to like 1 melee tourney since brawl has came out. That's hardly enough to validate him being on the list.

And I think Skrach and Rockcrock are fighting for 6th right now. Rock is pretty much always around that area. Skrach beat UI at Noob 3.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
-ESAM beat pretty much everyone in CFL (and Nicaboy?) his first tourney back, that's why. It kinda sucks that he didn't come to NOOB, that would have allowed us to gauge his skill more accurately.
-Shiz always does waaayyyy better than me OOS, which is why he is still above me (will depend on my performance at pound i guess)
-Rock always impresses me with his smarts and technicality, but he did pretty poorly at this tourney for a supposed rank 6.
-Louis impressed me this tourney (almost beat Plup), he just gets too nervous. You gotta keep entering tourneys to get rid of those jitters lou!
-Pr0jecT took Seibrik to the 3rd game, securing his #1 spot.
-I'm not yet sure where to put Nicaboy cause I don't know how well he did (I know he got 5th but I still want to see the bracket)
-UberIce losing to F-0 and Skrach will not help his position
-Linguini and Plup went to the 3rd match last stock so I'd say they are pretty even as well; however, Linguini taking the win secures his #4 spot
-Josh also did well at this tournament (I think), it's going to be hard to figure out 6-10 :urg:
-SEFL keeps hyping Blea but he didn't beat any of the previous top 10 (I don't think) so yeah
-Toobz did really well at this tourney but as his first good placing I don't think its enough to get him a spot on the PRs
-Trikrome: see Toobz.

those are all my speculations for now, still waiting on the bracket.
feel free to discuss.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
take ESAM off he doesnt play anymore nor does he care.(trust me i know he doesnt)

blea beat me and ESAM at a sfl tourney last month(yes we had one during this ranking time period.)

speaking of which trikome beat esam there and has now has beaten rockcrock and taken matches off of me and skarch(ya cant really deny him now look at him).

me at noob ya i would have ran into rockcrock and ui had toobz not beasted and beat them b4 i ever got the chance lol. skarch had from my knowledge a harder bracket then me for sure.(get at the upsets baby!)

top 5 is pretty on point. everything else still is a little hard due to so many upsets yesterday.

blea should be on here (8 to like 10 ish) you guys dont know cuz we got whacked out and i had to play him. beside htg just doing well vs him as well.( you dont know him they way me and emillio know him colin :()

more to come once i get on my comp and stuff.

oh and we got 4 tourneys to get results from now. wato 13 and 13.5 in honor of the spagetti monster(sfl tourney has a result thread and everything) and noob 3. me and skarch might go up just a bit. its hard man cuz ui and rock are still pretty consistant.

Zoro

Smash Champion
this is real talk right here
i love it

bottom half of the PRs are so hard but we gotta remember what rock has done outside the state. I think theres no reason for a delay right now waiting for pound might make a difference but not for the bottom 5 i think.

Pengie

Smash Lord
It's a shame I kinda choked at NOOB 3, I really wanted to play the top players in tournament to see how I'd do. Oh well, guess I'll just have to **** harder next tournament :)!

Top Bottom