• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New FL Melee PRs?

Col Bol

Smash Champion
IT'S THE OFFICIAL FL MELEE POWER RANKINGS

5 second new PRs as per my judgement, post if you have contributions or think you should be on here. or the chopz approach: AGREE WITH ME.

1. Hungrybox :jigglypuff:
2. DaShizWiz :falco:
3. Colbol :fox:
4. Linguini :ganondorf:
5. Plup :samus2:
6. RockCrock :ganondorf: :dk2:
7-10. harriettheguy :fox:
7-10. UberIce :popo:
7-10. Skrach :marth:
7-10. Nicaboy :sheik:
255. kniht :bad:
256. superwavedash :worse:
257: Scibyadle
258: 3 :worst:

Honorable Mentions in no order (Strive to place well at upcoming tournaments and you could easily be on this list next time around):

DarkSonic :marth:
uuaa :fox:
BleaGelo :luigi2:
ESAM :samus2:
Rice :falco: :fox:
Toobz :fox:
Nasty :ganondorf: :falcon:
spider_sense :ganondorf:
Trikrome :falcon:
FlaminRoy :fox:

1-4 is pretty undisputable imo, im pretty sure plup is next best (he is a freakin beast now), the rest are VERY VERY close (rock, ui, harriet, skrach, uuaa, nicaboy, etc.), so im looking to future results to help decide.

WATO 13 WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE NEXT EDITION OF THE FLORIDA MELEE POWER RANKINGS. BE THERE IF YOU WANT TO BE CONSIDERED.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
nice cool you went ahead and made a thread of this lol. Use this thread to like make up a panel and then an official thread can be made in the future with music and junk like Sebrik's D:

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Meh...
Close enough I guess.
Harriettheguy deserves mention IMO.

Oh and AngryLobster should be #0.

<object width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JNWvqbsNHfc&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JNWvqbsNHfc&fs=1&rel=0&autoplay=1&loop=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

RockCrock

Smash Champion
Where the f is Gainesville? Harriet got 9th at TO6, beating one of the south's top players, Iori. He also always gets top 5 at FL tournaments. Last I checked, Nicaboy can't seem to make it out of pools. Then again I have no frame of reference considering he has never been to FL tournament outside of SFL. Darksonic places well in CFL, but can you really say he's better than Apollo, Trikrome, Nasty, Raistlin, or Spider_sense? Just some things to think about.

...Rice? Tell me you're joking.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Hmm before people start taking this seriously a panel really needs to be decided. That'll help avoid disputes on placing like the one RC points out. Any popular nominations people have in mind?

Pengie

Smash Lord
I know that this is probably going to come as semi-sacrilegious, but should Shiz really be on the list? If he started attending tournaments less sporadically I would be all for his inclusion, but as it stands I don't think he is active enough to be put on a PR.

*waits to be murdered while not looking*

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Like I said in the other thread about PR's. The main problem is we don't get all the top players together at the same tourney anymore because the FL melee scene is lame. We'd only have like 1 tourney in the past year and 1/2 or so to use for rankings (CEO).

So I think a player tier list would be better.

SS Tier

Hbox
Shiz
Colbol

S Tier

Linguini
Plup
Skrach
Rock

etc etc

Pi

Smash Hero
i don't wish to be ranked
it scares too many people into not MMing me
i mean you can leave my rank at 256 though

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Darksonic places well in CFL, but can you really say he's better than Apollo, Trikrome, Nasty, Raistlin, or Spider_sense? Just some things to think about.

I can at least say I'm AS GOOD as them.

And the last couple times I've played Nasty I've beaten him, though they were close sets as always.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Where the f is Gainesville? Harriet got 9th at TO6, beating one of the south's top players, Iori. He also always gets top 5 at FL tournaments. Last I checked, Nicaboy can't seem to make it out of pools. Then again I have no frame of reference considering he has never been to FL tournament outside of SFL. Darksonic places well in CFL, but can you really say he's better than Apollo, Trikrome, Nasty, Raistlin, or Spider_sense? Just some things to think about.

I admit that i forgot josh haha
but jav lost to #255 last time they played, and pat doesn't even go to tourneys lol
and yes i think gabe is better than both of them, he only loses to me, hbox, skrach, and occasionally uuaa? at CFL tourneys (iirc)
Trikrome is cool and getting good, but not top 10 worthy imo
Johnny (nasty) is also getting very good, if he beats someone on the list vying for 6-10 in the near future he too will have a shot.
Spider_sense: see nasty.
I wasn't sure if Rice still played or not/how good he is now.

also gville sux trollololol

also what is this music on my thread? :(

Linguini

Smash Master
Good stuff with the thread, we gotta make a panel though and compile a real list so people don't start *****ing about this list lol

My Opinion on Panelists:

Myself
Colin
Hbox
Skrach
Rockrock

Pengie

Smash Lord
I think that everyone should keep an eye on Kuya; he just get's better and better every tournament, hell he even beat Dark Sonic at the NLL tournament on Saturday (although those results may need to be taken with a small dose of sodium chloride due to the nature of the event >__>). I really think that WATO13 is going to be an interesting tournament provided people actually show up to it >__>

Pi

Smash Hero
im probably like 35th or something
I think it's funny that your vocal mindset varies to much from your inner mindset
You're a good player and you play link the way you need to and it's effective
I don't think you actually believe you're a bad player, or at least you don't let it effect your tournament performance
It's going to be a slow climb to the top from now on but you can do it

Zoro

Smash Champion
I hate that there are no tournaments,

there are no tourneys because no one ever goes (including me because i work now)

its lame

rankings dont mean much without tournaments

Pengie

Smash Lord
there are no tourneys because no one ever goes (including me because i work now)

its lame
This is the real problem; we do have tournaments at NLL pretty much every month, but for some reason or another no one in the Melee community decides to show up except for the same five or six people. I think it's depressing that Melee can't generate any hype within Florida, especially when a couple months back the scene was so alive :(.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I think a lot of melee players don't come because they don't want to waste money.

I mean we've been giving our money to the same players for the last 4-5 years. It gets old. I'm probably somewhat guilty of this. I haven't entered many tourneys the last couple years but I alteast show up to a lot of them.

I can't beat hungrybox. I can't beat Colbol. Can't beat Shiz.

Then theres another handful of players who I'd have to be super on point and they'd have to be pretty off for me to take out.

Maybe ALL the UCF melee players would show up (and theres a quite a bit of them) if there were more $2/3 dollar tourneys?

Col Bol

Smash Champion
You shouldn't be reluctant to enter tourneys because you don't want to "give your money to someone else," since the whole point of entering a tournament is that you are paying money to enter the tournament environment, where you are playing for something at stake. The more tourneys you enter the less nervous you get, the more consistent you get, the more styles you know better, etc. tldr: if you are serious about getting better at this game enter tournaments.

now to contradict that whole paragraph: there are no FL tourneys FFFFUUUUUUUUU
EVERYONE needs to go to WATO and NOOB (If it is still happening? the thread is closed?)

rankings dont mean much without tournaments
To me these aren't rankings of tournament placings but just overall skill. I may not be the best in FL but I feel like I have a very good grasp on how good people are, especially FL smashers.

gallax

Smash Hero
You shouldn't be reluctant to enter tourneys because you don't want to "give your money to someone else," since the whole point of entering a tournament is that you are paying money to enter the tournament environment, where you are playing for something at stake. The more tourneys you enter the less nervous you get, the more consistent you get, the more styles you know better, etc. tldr: if you are serious about getting better at this game enter tournaments.
This is very true. If it werent for me entering those tourneys i wouldnt have gotten better. Now sometimes i win money. But you have to have the right state of mind, which for me is "I usually do this and it doesnt work, so now its time to try this."

Pengie

Smash Lord
Maybe ALL the UCF melee players would show up (and theres a quite a bit of them) if there were more $2/3 dollar tourneys?
Then get all of the UCF smashers to WATO13! It's five dollars for singles and doubles and the five dollar door fee gets you some food and drinks!!!

Top Bottom