• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New FL Melee PRs?

nicaboy

Smash Champion
ewww thats so nasty. hey project come saturday to sfl tournament we got people coming and stuff.

And i will personaly show you a good time ;)

col bol make cfl come!

j00t

Smash Champion
Just curious, but is the panhandle included in these PRs? Thinking specifically about Rice or Ragnarock...

nicaboy

Smash Champion
htg is a ****ing beast man just had a hard bracket at wato 13!

blea gelo beat me and esam this weekend.

trikome beat ESAM this weekend too.

I said it once i"ll say it again. do a top 15 people keep just beating people top 10 is just to hard in this state.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
She's kinda how he got his tag lol.(AFAIK)

He has melee vids in his very early YT uploads as well as a Combo vid. He also dabbled with her when he transitioned to brawl. Samus being ****ty in brawl is prolly why he didn't stick with her.

:rosalina:

Col Bol

Smash Champion
ESAM = short for Eternal_Samus (AFAIK)
Blea is definitely gonna be considered more seriously, as well as maybe Eli if he continues to perform well
Waiting for NOOB :O

Two-Ell

Smash Master
So Col Bol, Linguini, Nicaboy, Hbox, and Exarch(?) I'm guessing are pretty assuming panelist positions?

Also are you guys planning to draft the PR after NOOB3 while just discussing past events?

Col Bol

Smash Champion
I haven't heard anything about Exarch wanting to be a panelist, but I think Rock would make a good one since he always (pretends to) know(s) what he's talking about. I am just unsure if Exarch's absence from the scene for so long would hinder his judgement on who is actually better than whom

Two-Ell

Smash Master
I'm not sure why I named him lol. I wasn't sure if he would like to be involved, but I know he's very close to this state.(excuse my lack of knowledge concerning curent events/history)

So the others I named at least and maybe Rock, alright. I was asking so I can make note of all this in Melee's section of the FL Power rankings inside the FL thread. As well as when the first PR season starts.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I dont mind being a panalist if it meant anything.

anyway lol blea real **** its looking like me you and ESAM. roy messed around too much unless he wrecks **** at noob. everyone who may potienialy be ranked wont go higher than 7th this period imo.

If you guys are serious about doing this we are gonna need some sort of system to rid
of disputes.

like for example look at fl brawl pr's. they only consider fl tourneys and results and only use national
results to decided close disputes in skill if necessary.

i have more input but ya just sayin.

again bad posting cuz im on my phone.

Pi

Smash Hero
shouldn't be any disputes

hbox is clearly #1 (for now)

2-15 don't really matter now do they?

step your game up 2-15

Zoro

Smash Champion
I was talking to 3 the other night about how much the florida scene has dwindled

I think the lack of a updated PR in the last couple years is a factor in that
lets get on that
I want to get recording equipment and do what waffles does in cali over here in florida
live stream and all. Get the hype back, get players back that we have lost. We need combo videos (lol) and we need tournaments. Lets revive the florida scene there is no reason anyone should stop playing if they enjoy it and have time for it.

Now my useless opinions
I agree with only using tournament results, good players base their opinions on who gives the most trouble which at times doesnt reflect tournament results. Since only top players will be panelists there is no way it can be completely unbiased. If dark sonic is not even considered on your list you need to start searching for results because he always places well.

In fact i know there is a whole bunch of people that still play but never show up to tournaments sick otru sheer reno crom fearless garbanzo vijin etc etc Where Are You At!?

Linguini

Smash Master
Top 15 is pretty unnecessary for a state that has been severely lacking in hype and tournaments for the past year or so. 10 gives players something to aim for that is more exclusive. And this is me giving my opinion from my perspective like 4 years ago when I was byad.

Top 5 looks pretty cemented for now, seeing as plup performed very well at WATO. 6-10 is up for debate and NOOB will be weighted very heavily.

Pretty much, practice your *** off for NOOB if you want a chance be on the pr's!

Plup thanks for the $10 in advance dude now I can smoke out colin

Pi

Smash Hero
at what

ps

fl pr should be top 5 only imo

srsly plup, col bol, linguini? if yall cant beat those scrubs who cares what place you are

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
Great thread! I enjoy seeing all this new respect plup is getting. Makes me feel great about DESTROYING him all the time. :oneeye:

nicaboy

Smash Champion
You're a liar.
and your a n!gga.

so who all are we looking at?

sfl-ESAM Blea Gelo Nicaboy trikome(if he performs well at noob)

cfl- dark sonic uuaa htg rockcrock uber ice(whats the deal with him he is like another shiz) skarch not sure if im missing anyone after that.

nfl- lol nvm

of course if someone randomly comes and ***** everyone then they too will be considered.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
Don't sleep on two more from Gainesville:

Raistlin and Apollo

I think they'll both be at NOOB 3.

Also, I hear Rice is still really good.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Yea, NOOB3 should do well to make this list stick.

Also, why don't you just make it 14? It'd be more true to counting the series

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
Why don't we setup a florida PSR system.

Everyone starts at a value of 100.

Tournament Set Win in WINNERS = 10
Tournament Set Loss in WINNERS = -10

Set win in losers = 5
Set loss in losers = -5

**** like that, I think it could pretty interesting to setup something like the sorts.

Top Bottom