• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Zelda.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Come on, Shiek will be back. That was some fun as playing as Zelda, being able to transform. Zelda will not have light arrows or pull out a rapier.

Zelda's DESIGN is based off of TP, not her move set. You know if she's using din's fire, she'll have Nayru's Love, Farore's Wind, and then transformation.

End of Discussion. This topic is about Zelda. Not Shiek.

Now, I noticed in the 15 second clip, Din's Fire is a lot more "flashy". The magic mine is bigger, & the sound effects are different.

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
Come on, Shiek will be back. That was some fun as playing as Zelda, being able to transform. Zelda will not have light arrows or pull out a rapier.

Zelda's DESIGN is based off of TP, not her move set. You know if she's using din's fire, she'll have Nayru's Love, Farore's Wind, and then transformation.

Now, I noticed in the 15 second clip, Din's Fire is a lot more "flashy". The magic mine is bigger, & the sound effects are different.
Not end of discussion-others will still argue, even if you say that.
I am not doubting that sheik will return, that she'll pull out a rapier, or that she'll lose the transformation. There just isn't proof!
I do agree that this is a zelda thread, but sheik is linked to zelda, and nobody said it wasn't.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
If you want to get technical about it, we DON'T know that Zelda's moveset is the same.

Personally, I haven't seen her use Nayru's Love or Farore's Wind. The B move that we've seen her use so far is Din's Fire, but....it might not be called Din's Fire. It might get a completely unique name. It wouldn't be that much of a stretch seeing as Din's Fire in OoT didn't even work the way Zelda uses it.

So, the only thing anyone has to base this Zelda's-moveset-is-identical-therefor-Sheik-will-return argument is that Zelda has been seen using a move that looks like Din's Fire. That's hardly a valid point.

Sheik could be back; nothing's for certain. But this "Din's Fire = Sheik returning" logic holds very little weight to it, in my opinion.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
How bout we all just wait for the update that says what her moves are...? >_>

Or you know, wait for the game.
Because the point of this whole board is basically to speculate, as we're doing? If everyone was just gonna wait for the game to come out, then this board would have absolutely no purpose.

Gindor

Smash Ace
If you want to get technical about it, we DON'T know that Zelda's moveset is the same.

Personally, I haven't seen her use Nayru's Love or Farore's Wind. The B move that we've seen her use so far is Din's Fire, but....it might not be called Din's Fire. It might get a completely unique name. It wouldn't be that much of a stretch seeing as Din's Fire in OoT didn't even work the way Zelda uses it.

So, the only thing anyone has to base this Zelda's-moveset-is-identical-therefor-Sheik-will-return argument is that Zelda has been seen using a move that looks like Din's Fire. That's hardly a valid point.

Sheik could be back; nothing's for certain. But this "Din's Fire = Sheik returning" logic holds very little weight to it, in my opinion.
I agree, there is proof for a lot of her old moves, including din's fire just about, but not any proof yet of sheik's return.

Zone

Smash Champion
Hardly. Do you really think they are going to axe Zelda's transformation for another transformation, which is practically the same character with a sword (and it's not like Smash is lacking in those already or is running out of possibilities for new ones), while Shiek is at least original. If Zelda keeps the transformation aspect of her character, I've no doubt that it'll remain Shiek as opposed to Zelda pulling out a weapon she practically never used.

I'm not saying Shiek is returning, I'm actually not convinced that her chances of returning are that good, but I extremely doubt that she'll e replaced by that unimportant rapier. I'll hardly be surprised if the rapier is a no show in brawl.
I doubt it'll be a transformation myself, A new move would be my guess.

but u doubting that comparison, is still speculation and opinion. So is anything predicted about Zelda that hasn't been confirmed. But w/o concrete evidence all we all can do is speculate.

Not saying it's bad to speculate, just don't go exteme with it. (Not aimed specifically at you, but everyone). Throw in why you speculate what you speculate and your done.

IF you didn't Know, Shiek is Zelda. So talking of shiek is talking of Zelda. SSBM may seperate them, but if Zelda is brought up, it's only natural Shiek is to.

And no offense but you don't choose when discussions end. If you don't like reading it, skip it.

and again, you making ur speculation sound like Fact. Good you think shiek will be back, but your still thinking, not knowing.

How bout we all just wait for the update that says what her moves are...? >_>

Or you know, wait for the game.
Agreed? lol. People are allowed to guess though if they want. But you can only talk so much about what's there, you can talk way more about what could be there. which is what drove this thread so long.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
All you can pretty much say is that sheik was a popular character, so she'd be returning... but, yeah, they are using the new Zelda... in that case, sheik's no where in sight.

L!NK

Smash Rookie
This new Zelda looks great! I hope Shiek isn't in the game...! People only picked Zelda just to be shiek. I only used Zelda in SSBM. I see people don't agree with the new look but that proves the timeline theory that each Zelda is differenet. I hope her moves become upgraded but overall she's awsome. If they were to put shiek in the game I would hope to make her a separate character so Zelda can be her true self

Gindor

Smash Ace
This new Zelda looks great! I hope Shiek isn't in the game...! People only picked Zelda just to be shiek. I only used Zelda in SSBM. I see people don't agree with the new look but that proves the timeline theory that each Zelda is differenet. I hope her moves become upgraded but overall she's awsome. If they were to put shiek in the game I would hope to make her a separate character so Zelda can be her true self
/nod, but I don't care sheik returns. I like playing as her but she's not my fave.
Oh, and I just thought of something, if sheik doesn't make it in, zamus probably won't take her moveset, as she has the whip which will probably take at least 1/4th of her moves being that it is being whipped around her.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Me too. I main Zelda, not Shiek, but we all know that "the move" will be called Din's Fire, come on. Zelda has all her original moves so far, and besides, there not going to change a returning character that drastically. Zelda/Shiek players would throw a hissy-fit. I actually believe no characters will be removed.

There is no time-zone in SSB. Zelda's DESIGN is based off of TP, not her moveset.

And y do all of you think Zamus replaced Shiek?! It's just Samus. She just knows how to fight.

Gindor

Smash Ace
And y do all of you think Zamus replaced Shiek?! It's just Samus. She just knows how to fight.
Nintendo would be stupid to just give one character's moveset to another, each is made off their history, personality and fighting style.

Not anything is known about sheik's OoT fighting style, but with her having no weapon in OoT, they mage her a martial fighter. Zamus' past is filled with stealth and sneaking, and she has a lazer whip which is shown that she swings it around herself to attack.
And I just noticed something, if you watch th world ssbb movie/trailer, in the middle about, she uses moves that sheik never had.

EDIT-sorry, didn't get what you ment...misread it.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Alrighty then...

So, I really like Zelda's new look! She looks great, and I hope the "dress glitch" doesn't comeback. Btw now her dress is huge!

Gindor

Smash Ace
Then why does Ganondorf have Captain Falcon's moves?
They'll learn to stop that, they learned about overpowering characters (ness) from SSB, and they probably learned already about nerfing too much from SSBM (mewtwo).

Anyways, that was cloning and neither ganon or CF had a solid past to base their moveset on, so they shared that non personality based moveset. You can't make somebody who wasn't a clone just suddenlly be a clone (samus/zamus)!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I don't think they will completely delete a character than use her move set for another one.
As much as a I used Sheik on a basis with Zelda, I'll probably be using a different character once I get a feel for them all in Brawl.

They do "Modernize" the game but they still keep classic elements. It's still possible for Sheik to be in Brawl.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Go Zelda!!! I would like her with Shiek still but the main reason I wanted to post is..

Citrus ryhmes with Circus. Drink more Orange Juice (or Lime and Lemon)
C'mon bro, keep the faith! Nothings set in stone yet! It's a stretch, but Sheik could get added. Cross your fingers and your toes!

Of course, her significance wouldn't make much sense to add her seeing how this alter ego was only important in Ocarina of Time.

For crying out loud, it is Din's Fire.

Why would you even try to deny that?

This has nothing to do with Shiek, but saying that a moves isn't a move when all evidence points towards the obvious is ridiculous. >__>

And another thing, franchise importance=nothing to do with Brawl. The game itself is a fan service, so why should another games presence matter?

Elysium

Smash Lord
It seems sheik has the same chance as deoxys of making it in, frankly, ridiculously low (at least how I see it), but that doesn't mean we should lose hope.

Sheik, Deoxys (just hoping), and Error (the new sandbag) for brawl!
Following that logic sheik is already confirmed in, as Deoxys is. (pokeball) So I guess this is where Ash yells "GO! Sheikimon!"

As much as I want Sheik in brawl could you imagine 2 v 2 with Sheik and Zamus. There's a headache right there.:laugh:

Gindor

Smash Ace
Following that logic sheik is already confirmed in, as Deoxys is. (pokeball) So I guess this is where Ash yells "GO! Sheikimon!"

As much as I want Sheik in brawl could you imagine 2 v 2 with Sheik and Zamus. There's a headache right there.:laugh:
Well there is a rediculasly (confusing word) low chance that deoxy could make it in as normal form deoxys. And the term would be sheikachu, being a pokemon, not a digimon.:chuckle:

I don't understand you about the fight, is it?

Whisk

Smash Apprentice
Well there is a rediculasly (confusing word) low chance that deoxy could make it in as normal form deoxys. And the term would be sheikachu, being a pokemon, not a digimon.:chuckle:

*snickers* Sheikachu.

Sheikachu: *blasts off Team Rocket style* "Sheikaah-Sheikaaaaaah!"

Elysium

Smash Lord
Well considering how much Sheik is hated in Melee, and Zamus is looking up to be a new Sheik. If they put Sheik in Brawl, then it would be like having two (slightly different) Sheiks. So if you were to do a doubles match and someone picks Sheik, then the other person picks Zamus...Imagine...

Sheikachu! lmao funniest thing i've read in awhile.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Who cares if Sheik would be similar to Zamus (something we don't know for sure yet)? Can they be more similar than Mario and Luigi?

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
For crying out loud, it is Din's Fire.

Why would you even try to deny that?

This has nothing to do with Shiek, but saying that a moves isn't a move when all evidence points towards the obvious is ridiculous. >__>

And another thing, franchise importance=nothing to do with Brawl. The game itself is a fan service, so why should another games presence matter?

Exactly. I agree 100%. Duh, it's Din's fire. Hello!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmmm... the slow way she recovers is definitely for dramatic effect.
Overall, I'd say the contrary is the case! Look how quickly she vanishes!

the grim lizard

Smash Master
How will all of you pro-Zelda people feel if Sheik returns? Personally, I think she should be a lot more dependant upon Zelda if you use them instead of this automatic "hold down A upon start" mentality. In fact, you would get flamed in the Zelda/Sheik topic if you even suggested using Zelda other than for a long recovery. And I'm not exaggerating.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Here's something I typed up awhile ago, but just had no where to post it till now.

Most of the people that don't want Sheik at all or simply on another character slot feel that way because of the difference between OoT Zelda and TP Zelda. They feel that the newest Zelda in Brawl transforming into Sheik, even if Sheik was given the TP graphic update, would ruin her character. Since they strongly believe in a difference between the different Zeldas, how come I hardly see anyone complain that the Zelda in Brawl, based off of TP Zelda's appearance, has moves that appear to be almost alike Zelda's moves in Melee, based off of OoT Zelda? If their personalities are so different, then why should they fight almost the same way? Wasn't one of the major hyped events surrounding TP Zelda was the sword we seen her holding? Wasn't there a lot of talk among fans of giving Zelda a move set based off of that sword? So far, the sword is nowhere in sight. Even if in Brawl Zelda's down + B is changed to make her pull out a sword, that doesn't change the fact that she's already got moves that are very similar to another Zelda, even if OoT Zelda never used those moves in OoT. Basically, the group of people I mention earlier in the paragraph are very strict about the two Zeldas being very different.

Now that I got that point up, I really want to know this, how come I don't really see anyone complaining that the Zelda in Brawl fights (from what we seen) almost like the Zelda from Melee? How is that not seen as ruining TP Zelda's character if she fights almost exactly like another Zelda? Wouldn't transforming into Sheik only ruin what was already ruined?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Link also inexplicably fights like his OoT self in Melee. Funnily enough, he's the same person in 64 and Melee, but fights differently in both. Huh.

Those two Zelda reps, Link and Zelda, are a strange subject. They keep being reborn, in a way. They LOOK similar... so it's not far-fetched for them to act similarly.
However, they ARE different people if you care about the established timeline.

OoT Zelda herself never fought much besides holding Ganon in place with a beam of light. Her moveset in Melee is a generic "Zelda" moveset not specific to her character in OoT, besides Sheik.
One could argue that the Goddess spells used by Link in OoT are ties to OoT, and I agree. But there's no reason why TP Zelda would not have access to them, as these spells are probably passed on throughout the royal family, and the Goddesses, being immortal, are consistent throughout the whole series.

Sheik, on the other hand, is VERY specific to Ocarina of Time Zelda, and this Zelda we have in Brawl, is NOT her. It's probably the one from TP, or simply a generic one, but she has no more ties to Sheik than she does to Tetra.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Except that there is still the Sheikah symbol on Zelda's cloak in TP, signifying that the race still hold significance. I don't get too nit-picky about one Link over another or one Zelda over another because in my mind they're all the same. Storyline-wise I understand why they have to be different...because otherwise all of this stuff keeps happening within like two years of each other or something like that. But, they are still basically the same characters. I don't view it as strictly as the Metroid series timeline.

So, in that sense, I wouldn't mind if Sheik returns, but (going back to my original statement) I would definitely want them emphasizing some dependence upon Zelda for Sheik. I would rather Sheik not be in at all then have Zelda's alter ego overshadow her again.

Top Bottom