• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Zelda.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Peach runs acceptionally well and she wears a dress.
Well, in my opinion, Peach is a trashy, classless s!ut compared to the regal, elegant Zelda. Peach can probably run faster in her dress because she has a lot of practice running in her dress while fleeing from her fat, abusive, Italian "boyfriend."
And, since Peach is such an airheaded lamebrain, she probably doesn't have nearly enough class to realize that maybe she shouldn't be running and leaving nasty sweat-stains in what is most likey a dry-clean-only dress. Plus, Peach is probably a little more on the athletic side than Zelda is, since she wastes her time with all sorts of sports and such, whereas the fair, feminine Zelda spends her time actually ruling and taking repsonsibilty for a kingdom, instead of sending her boyfriend and his sibling to do the bidding.

So, in conclusion, Zelda = classy = beautiful, expensive dress = less manueverability= less running

Peach = not as classy = poofy, gaudy, barbie-pink dress = i'm too spoiled and dumb to realize that I shouldn't be running in this dress = more running

ps. i don't actually hate peach, its just fun to make wild accusations and assumptions as if they are real people o .^ but it sorta makes sense, right? zelda is more level-headed and adult than peach in a lot of ways, so maybe thats why they run/move differently?

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
^^^ You are asking to get Dsmashed T_T

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
Wasn't Peach smart enough to bring a floating dress?
I think was just her empy head that allowed her to float. I kid. She must use magic to float.
Peach is probably faster because she runs around more than zelda, maybe not by much. Like said before, zelda is more civilized and doesn't like running that much, and she focused more on powerful magic than physical training.

Rion Prower

Smash Cadet

Is it just me, or does Zelda's fsmash look larger?
And yes, a slight mobility boost to Zelda would be great. She simply moved around TOO slowly in Melee. I would go as far to say that, of all the Melee cast, Zelda "plays" the slowest.
I pray to whatever Nintendo God they may be up there and hope they made that Fsmash much less "escapable"! *crosses fingers* Having a larger radius certainly wouldn't hurt either.

On another note, some confirmed moves so far:

- Dtilt, Crouching Kick

- Fair/Bair(?), Lightning Kick/Reverse Lightning Kick

- Bforward(?), Din's Fire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVoF_JFmMcs
From 00:04 - 00:05

- Fsmash,Lightning Spark

I'm pretty sure that's it. But if I've missed anything, please point it out!

By Arean

that picture... that is a dins fire pose, i tried it with zelda on melee and paused it, you can try if you want. just pause it fast, i also thught it was neutral A but no.... it was din's fire, ill post a picture next time to prove it....
You're absolutely right Arean. It's the opening animation of Din's Fire now that I look at the E3 video more closely. Thank you for the confirmation!

Sporkman

Smash Ace
On the subject of increased range, I do believe it is to make more characters more viable against characters with insane range/disjointed hitboxes, e.g. Marth.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
@ Gindor: I see what you're saying, but I meant that everyone having range is good. It closes the gap a bit between characters like Kirby and Marth (if he's in). I don't think everyone having better range puts Zelda at a disadvantage unless she has the same poor mobility she had in Melee.

Well, in my opinion, Peach is a trashy, classless s!ut compared to the regal, elegant Zelda. Peach can probably run faster in her dress because she has a lot of practice running in her dress while fleeing from her fat, abusive, Italian "boyfriend."
And, since Peach is such an airheaded lamebrain, she probably doesn't have nearly enough class to realize that maybe she shouldn't be running and leaving nasty sweat-stains in what is most likey a dry-clean-only dress. Plus, Peach is probably a little more on the athletic side than Zelda is, since she wastes her time with all sorts of sports and such, whereas the fair, feminine Zelda spends her time actually ruling and taking repsonsibilty for a kingdom, instead of sending her boyfriend and his sibling to do the bidding.

So, in conclusion, Zelda = classy = beautiful, expensive dress = less manueverability= less running

Peach = not as classy = poofy, gaudy, barbie-pink dress = i'm too spoiled and dumb to realize that I shouldn't be running in this dress = more running
That was just classic. Bravo.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
ROTFLMFAO!

I personally would like to see Zelda get Light Arrows. Not like a bow and arrow like Link's, but say like an ethereal bow that shoots like...literally golden arrows at stuff. It would be kind of kewl to see. If they don't bring Shiek back, that could possibly be another B-Down attack.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Yes...really. If Sheik is out, then there you go. You can't be so sure of something like that considering it is very easy to change...and likely.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
So I'm not going to read a 14 page thread, but can someone explain why we should believe that Sheik is not returning? I see no reason to believe that.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
So I'm not going to read a 14 page thread, but can someone explain why we should believe that Sheik is not returning? I see no reason to believe that.
The whole... This model of Zelda is from TP and Sheik is from OoT or something. Never played the games but whatever. If I don't like the new Zelda feel I will change characters.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
So what of that whole OoT Medley in the music section?
That.. um... *Takes a while to think*... That I can't really explain.. Maybe it was cooler than the other one they came up with..

I would like Sheik to be in the game.. Maybe a little nerfed/balanced. I don't want him/her out completely.

Some people also said something about the Din's Fire move saying since that was from OoT and what not...

Could really use an expert on the Zelda series to come in and help right now ><

debaser

Smash Lord
Personally, I don't care if Sheik is in the game or not. Why would the presence of Sheik potentially make Zelda any less good?

I think improvements of Zelda's moves would be the way to go. Like give her a more powerful aerials (her Nair especially), and maybe make her neutral B quicker and have more of a knockback.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Personally, I don't care if Sheik is in the game or not. Why would the presence of Sheik potentially make Zelda any less good?

I think improvements of Zelda's moves would be the way to go. Like give her a more powerful aerials (her Nair especially), and maybe make her neutral B quicker and have more of a knockback.
Yup, some peoples got their likes and dislikes.. I wouldn't care if Pichu was taken out as well as a few other characters.. I just liked the cross between fast and slow and I would switch between both in battle.

Fawriel

Smash Master
So what of that whole OoT Medley in the music section?
What of the Majora's Mask stage, hidden Saria's Song in it and especially the Legend of Zelda II: Link's Adventure stage ( Temple )?
I'm strongly hoping that major franchises will get three stages. LoZ could have the Bridge of Eldin, an awesome OoT stage doing the game justice again, and a Wind Waker one.

Sheik simply has no reason to return. In terms of canon, the Zelda this one is modeled after (TP ) is in no way related to Sheik. Actually, using the word "related" is already strange given that Sheik is not a real person, s/he's just a disguise Zelda in OoT used to hide from Ganondorf.
And if you do count her/him/it as a real character, it's not one with great enough significance, I think. Not great enough to mess with the characters' backgrounds.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I don't see how you can say that Zelda is "not related" to Sheik because it's the TP model. Like you said, Sheik IS Zelda. She was a very popular character in Melee, and the ability to transform in the middle of a battle made Zelda very unique. There is no reason to throw that out.

Elysium

Smash Lord
If anything Sheik killed Zelda in melee. There are very few players that main Zelda, and how many that main Sheik? Though i'm not anti-sheik, i'm anti-Zelda transformation... (and samus transformation as well.)

Fawriel

Smash Master
I don't see how you can say that Zelda is "not related" to Sheik because it's the TP model. Like you said, Sheik IS Zelda. She was a very popular character in Melee, and the ability to transform in the middle of a battle made Zelda very unique. There is no reason to throw that out.
Oh, yeah. You're the guy who doesn't accept that the Zelda series has a storyline.

But that would mean that Sheik = Tetra.
Would certainly be interesting to see TP Zelda transform into WW Tetra. :p

Gindor

Smash Ace
Theres a good chance of sheik returning, but not as a transformation, because a zelda from time period A cant transform into a diguise of zelda from time period B. Plus TP didn't say anything about sheik or anything like it like tetra.
How could she return without zelda as her other half in battle, you say? Well look at samus and zamus. They won't be transforming back and forth like zelda/sheik did. Plus How would Smashbros.com show it, it would be one character in both sections (newcomer and veteran).
I don't really care if sheik comes back. I like playing as her, but she was used by a lot as a high tier speed haxor fighter, like fox, which is cheap.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
Oh, yeah. You're the guy who doesn't accept that the Zelda series has a storyline.

But that would mean that Sheik = Tetra.
Would certainly be interesting to see TP Zelda transform into WW Tetra. :p
did u just mention wind whack with twilight ownage? noooooo. noooooo. noooooooooooooooo. wind waker was whack! twilight's the terrific thing. dont mix them up. ugh Zelda turn to an ugly incarnation of her? no. thats ugly. thats stupid. dont ever say that again. they just dont go together. it doesnt work! zelda WONT HAVE TRANSFORMATION!!! its replaced by another magic she used in tp. not telling what it is. if sakurai kept it a secret, then im keeping it a secret.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I wouldn't mind seeing Sheik as a separate playable character. If she does rear her head around here again, expect some ner***e, though.

Gindor

Smash Ace
did u just mention wind whack with twilight ownage? noooooo. noooooo. noooooooooooooooo. wind waker was whack! twilight's the terrific thing. dont mix them up. ugh Zelda turn to an ugly incarnation of her? no. thats ugly. thats stupid. dont ever say that again. they just dont go together. it doesnt work! zelda WONT HAVE TRANSFORMATION!!! its replaced by another magic she used in tp. not telling what it is. if sakurai kept it a secret, then im keeping it a secret.
I agree about her not transforming. I think that was a joke...And WW was better, but only slightly. TP had incredible controlls graphics and gripping story (or at least interesting), but it wasn't challenging enough. WW had mystery, good and challenging gameplay, and good art, but the art was seen by most as cruddy, deal with the fact that you don't get the uber graphics game sooner I would say back then, but when it's not the uber graphics, its incredible cel shading almost at the hight of Okami. MM was also very good for it's story, but I hated since I couldn't get anywhere, the puzzles were hard.

Speaking of WW tetra/zelda, would that be a good transformation style like sheik/zelda or would it be only tetra without zelda transformation ability, just wondering.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Jesus Christ, do I really have to put "lol sarcasm" tags after every single thing I say? =/ OF COURSE it was a joke.

Also, Sheik's chances of returning as a singular character are not great. Sheik was just a DISGUISE. Would you include Goron or Deku or Zora Link from Majora's Mask as well?
As a singular "character", she has no significance to the overall series because the only significance Sheik had was being a disguise to Zelda, who is the significant one.
And it's not true that they'll keep her in just because some people will complain about her absence. Big deal for a multi-million dollar corporation. They'll still buy the game.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
i dont care if it was sarcasm. your joke was STUPID. wind waker was long and boring. just dont ever ever ever ever EVER mention ww. EVER dont do it man!

boy...that sounds bad

Gindor

Smash Ace
Jesus Christ, do I really have to put "lol sarcasm" tags after every single thing I say? =/ OF COURSE it was a joke.

Also, Sheik's chances of returning as a singular character are not great. Sheik was just a DISGUISE. Would you include Goron or Deku or Zora Link from Majora's Mask as well?
As a singular "character", she has no significance to the overall series because the only significance Sheik had was being a disguise to Zelda, who is the significant one.
And it's not true that they'll keep her in just because some people will complain about her absence. Big deal for a multi-million dollar corporation. They'll still buy the game.
lol sorry. Sheik has a higher chance in my eyes (probably because I liked playing as her/him), but sheik became very popular because of her moveset and speed. I think she has a chance, but her the moveset or stats will be weakened, hopefully not too
much.

Edit-To lord kirby-If you don't have the patience to ride your boat on sea the until you get the tornado spell (warps your boat to a previously visited island), then the game is not for you.

debaser

Smash Lord
If anything Sheik killed Zelda in melee. There are very few players that main Zelda, and how many that main Sheik? Though i'm not anti-sheik, i'm anti-Zelda transformation... (and samus transformation as well.)
How did that KILL Zelda? It wouldn't have been any different if Sheik was an entirely separate character. Unless Zelda had some ridiculous Down B instead of the transformation that made her top tier.

By that logic you might as well say that Falco killed Ness or something.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I feel your pain, Fawriel. I go through the same thing sometimes, even in real life. :ohwell:

goodkid

Smash Lord
Making Zelda an independent character is better. If she is independent her moves will be better and stronger. There would be no need for sheik.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well... if they threw ZSS in... ZSS is the same person as Samus.. Sheik is the same person as Zelda?

Does that give her a better chance?

Fawriel

Smash Master
That post was kinda confusing.

Does that raise Sheik's chances? Nope. If anything, it means that we're getting another female alternate form with quick, flowing combo moves and, most importantly, blue, LEATHER-LIKE MATERIALS.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I meant...
Zelda = Sheik
Samus = ZSS

If theres no Sheik, and if Sheik was indeed considered a female. ZSS is just replacing her.. ALTERNATE COSTUME! http://www.wii60.com/uploads/221.jpg

I mean... the fact that they will be taking out such a highly used character. I was no good with Sheik but I like having a lot of characters in the game so taking out characters that I actually liked kinda sucks.

If Zelda is a good contender on her own and she feels right. Well then I'll be using her without Sheik. But if no Sheik and Zelda feels odd.. I'll have to find someone else... Hopefully the one in my sig ^^

Gindor

Smash Ace
Every one associates zelda with shiek for style and their styles are tweaked to balance out each other, but if they both get in seperately, their styles will no longer be stuck together and ruined. Zelda and sheik will both get better (hopefully not by too much for shiek), and both will develope their own style, independent of each other.
I don't know, zelda didn't do a lot in TP or any of the past games except guide link through WW and OoT as a disguise and a reincarnation.

To Fawriel-Having samus and zamus in the game as different characters does increase shiek's chances as zelda and shiek are the same person, also from a different time period too. Zamus and samus are both brom different time periods, as samus' suit design is the newer kind.

Top Bottom