• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Zelda.

Stryks

Smash Hero
The Arrows should be her new B move, But I like the Light guardians thing, they can fire multiple beams of light or stuff like that...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I think it would be lame of her to use light arrows. Surely if she is a wizard/mage/whatever her abilities go beyond simply using light energy in the form of an arrow...blegh... I really don't think she needs a bow. She's above those sorts of things (yeah she used it in TP, but that was mostly for aiming and crap like that...we can have a little more freedom in Brawl since you're the one who's actually controlling her)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dude that has been her main weapon in the last two zelda games, even a guy from IGN says its too perfect not to happen, and would fit her since she used it in WW and TP, sure theyre not the same one, but would fit...

Give the arrow some charge time, and the longer the charge the more time the enbemy will be stuned...

stryderhyru

Smash Journeyman
lol im wit odin on this one we dont need another bow user xPPPP but if he up B wasnt so vruddy in brawl that wuld be good xPPPi mean it hads good distance but come on u kno lol xPP

Stryks

Smash Hero
Guys how many sword user do we have? were bound to have more...

and its not like the bows are the primary weapon and are used on a weapons, link bow just shoots forard, with pit u can bvend the trajectory, why not with zelda it goes forward but it stuns the enemy for a few secs?

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Even then, I complain about how many sword users there are. I'm pretty unhappy with the fact that Ganondorf might be a sword user now. -_- Granted... It's better than some options, but I personally like Ganondorf the way he is. Anyway, on topic.

Link's arrow's stun. What kind of stun do you mean Stryks? :-? Like, mewtwo down+b stun? Give me a frame of refrence here. ;)

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well like in OoT, when link used the Light arrow it stunned ganondorf, sure the stun was very long, just make the stun last less, and make the character have like electricity, so a character would know when it was stunned...

Cmon its just 3 guys (2 guys and one girl actually) with a bow, compare to the number of sword fighters...

Gindor

Smash Ace
Not talking much now, just PM if anything importan
Hmmm.... I with sheik gone, she's booted from my favorite list, but making her a little less awkward could keep her on my list. Sword or not. I don't think she should have a sword, and nintendo only showed her martial skills, so I doubt she'll have one.
I really never found any good moves in her except for her specials and all of sheiks moves. The light arrows would be very good as a slow charging stun projectile, but with how divine and godly (very literally) they are, I think they should be only used in the final smash.

Steven Hail

Smash Cadet
Hey, with the new Assist Trophies, perhaps Sheik could be rendered as an assistant since Zelda is in her TP incarnation. I really hope that doesn't happen but I thought it be a good idea to point out.

Her new downB would be that she whips out her light arrows and that they can be used as ordinary items. You could throw the entire thing at someone if you wanted to.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Hey, with the new Assist Trophies, perhaps Sheik could be rendered as an assistant since Zelda is in her TP incarnation. I really hope that doesn't happen but I thought it be a good idea to point out.

Her new downB would be that she whips out her light arrows and that they can be used as ordinary items. You could throw the entire thing at someone if you wanted to.
I think you're right about Sheik becoming a character in an assist trophy. If you look at the first picture for the update today on the official site, the silhouette appears to be that of Sheik's.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
"So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
The silhouette is a generic body. ffs. Sheik is possibly one of the most popular characters in the Zelda series. In all its longstanding history, Sheik stands out by far as the number 3 most known character after Link and Ganon himself. 4 if you count Zelda as a separate entity.

Sorry to all of you that hate her, but I wouldn't discount her being playable in Brawl any time soon.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I don't hate Sheik, and I don't want her to leave the Super Smash Bros. series. I was only pointing out that the silhoette was similar in shape to that of Sheiks body. It may be in fact, as you say, merely a generic body suit. Sheik is not one of the main characters I play, but I do enjoy playing as her every once and awhile.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
The silhouette is a generic body. ffs. Sheik is possibly one of the most popular characters in the Zelda series. In all its longstanding history, Sheik stands out by far as the number 3 most known character after Link and Ganon himself. 4 if you count Zelda as a separate entity.

Sorry to all of you that hate her, but I wouldn't discount her being playable in Brawl any time soon.

I beg to differ, since the series is all about Zelda, so I think it's Link, Ganondorf, Zelda, then Shiek, even though most people think Zelda is Link's name, untill Zelda is mentioned. I am happy, though, since Zelda's in. She's my main.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm personally quite excited at the advent of a Sheik-less Zelda. I'm not saying it's a guarantee (or at least until Sakurai posts "Zelda: Special Moves"), but since Zelda's in her TP outfit, we're less likely to see Sheik this time around. It will certainly spice up the competitive scene for those tired of seeing her every other match; likewise, it will keep the Zelda series' newest--and most beautiful, IMO--look so far fresh in people's minds.

Stryks

Smash Hero

Wait what?! Sheik the most popular character after the main three? excuse me while I laugh at retardness...

Sheik is only popular among smashers, being part of melee, as part of LoZ she aint popular, especially after 10 years since OoT release, Midna, tingle, vaati, skull kid, all of these and more are more popular than sheik zelda-wise, among smashers sheik wins the fight...

McCloud

Tingle might be infamous but he's definitely not famous.

Sheik is a huge part of LoZ lore because it was basically the first time Zelda was anything other than a whiny princess that couldn't do anything.

As for Skull Kid, I'll give you that. I forgot about him. But Sheik is definitely a big force in LoZ and is definitely known.

I beg to differ, since the series is all about Zelda, so I think it's Link, Ganondorf, Zelda, then Shiek, even though most people think Zelda is Link's name, untill Zelda is mentioned. I am happy, though, since Zelda's in. She's my main.
I said exactly that. Read the post again.

Stryks

Smash Hero
How the HELL if Sheik a huge part of LoZ? all she did in OoT was show u were to go, and some songs, woopeedoo, oh and what did she do in the other LoZ games? thats rite she wasnt even PART of the other games, in OoT she was just a secondary character just to hide zeldas identity, thats it, to the ENTIRE LoZ series she is as minor as u can get, hel lthe sages from OoT have a bigger role than sheik, cause they appeared on the windows were u got the master sword...

sheik has not appeared in a agme since OoT...

JPOBS

Smash Hero
they should give link the ability to turn into a wolf with DownB, and take away sheik's transformation. that would own hard.

McCloud

all she did in OoT was show u were to go, and some songs, woopeedoo, oh and what did she do in the other LoZ games? thats rite she wasnt even PART of the other games, in OoT she was just a secondary character just to hide zeldas identity, thats it, to the ENTIRE LoZ series she is as minor as u can get, hel lthe sages from OoT have a bigger role than sheik, cause they appeared on the windows were u got the master sword...
She is popular because she is, as I stated before, an alter ego of Zelda. Given the fact that Zelda is indeed mad popular, it naturally fits that her alternate incarnation shares that same popularity. The sages have no character because they are merely beings designed to give Link what he needs.

Not to mention the fact that although Sheik has only made one appearance, she made it in the single most popular, influential, and highly rated Zelda game to date. The only possible competition would be Link to the Past, WW, or Twilight Princess.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Sheik is not really an "alternate incarnation"...Tetra is.
It's a costume. A magical costume, but a costume nonetheless. Sheik's not even a real person per se...

Waaah. I swore to never try to convince someone that Sheik will probably be out anymore.
*commits harakiri*

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dude alternate reincarnation? its just a double identity, by ur logic, zamus is equally popular as Samus, shadow mario is as popular as Bowser Jr, and so on, which are not true, even though their the same person, they are diferent characters, having diferent popularity, they dont share the same popularity, especially now that zelda keep reincanating in other gamesand yet sheik is nowhere to be found...

U cant say the zelda of the present is as popular as shiek, byt ur logic sheik will be FOREVER popular as long as a zselda game exist, and that makes 0 sense...

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Tingle might be infamous but he's definitely not famous.

Sheik is a huge part of LoZ lore because it was basically the first time Zelda was anything other than a whiny princess that couldn't do anything.

As for Skull Kid, I'll give you that. I forgot about him. But Sheik is definitely a big force in LoZ and is definitely known.

I said exactly that. Read the post again.

I apologise. Forgive my mistake.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
I didn't perceive Zelda to be QUITE a whiny useless princess in a Link to the Past. She gave you information, and helped you escape Hyrule Castle, and even spent a miniscule fraction of the game un-kidnapped, so I actually felt she was quite progressive as far as other Nintendo damsels of the day were compared (read: Peach).

She is popular because she is, as I stated before, an alter ego of Zelda. Given the fact that Zelda is indeed mad popular, it naturally fits that her alternate incarnation shares that same popularity.
Stryks kind of made this point already. I doubt many people would argue that Tetra is as popular as Zelda, although Tetra is yet another Zelda alterego. Sheik is just an alterego people happen to like, because of her ninja-esqueness in SSBM. I know people who thought Sheik was pretty dumb in OoT, with the harp and spandex and all.

People like Superman, and not necessarily Clark Kent, and people like Batman, and not necessarily Bruce Wayne. Yes, they're all different faces of the same person, but if Clark Kent was not also Superman, people would probably not care for him so much. Saying you like one identity doesn't necessarily imply that you like (or even know about) the other identity.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
I'm actually not sure if I'm happy about that or not. On one hand...Zelda's B-Air/F-Air was a fantastic move in Melee. On the other, it was about her only move worth using. Not the only one literally worth using, but close to it; as I explained to a friend who only casually plays Smash, "If you're playing Zelda and not pressing F-Air or B-Air, you're pressing the wrong button."

If this move stays in, I truly hope her other moves are improved to give her a more varied game-plan. Hopefully that'll be the case; Sakurai's made some neat design decisions so far.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
I too hope that her other moves will be useful. C. Falcon got to have the knee, plus some other very useable moves. I hope the same for Zelda; that would be the best. :)

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I saw the Din's Fire during the conference live feed. Somehow it made me feel excited and happy :) Still hoping that, even if all of these moves are basically the same, the stats 'n stuff are improved so Zelda can in fact be a force to be reckoned with.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im sure at Zelda will have 2 new B moves, one being a new down b and another the Light arrows, I doubt zelda will reamian as she was in melee, with just better stats...

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
I too am expecting at least her Down+B to be different. I'll be really surprised if Sheik returns as a playable character, and even more so if she's still attached to Zelda.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I want Sheik to be in the game since I liked to switch. Be slow and not so close all the time, or fast and running around like a mad man.

If they make Zelda a singular character they would have to maybe speed her up just a wee bit.

Top Bottom