• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New, Better Dancedash?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
So, here are some of the names we can consider:
wave spin
waltzing
wave dance
idiot spin
Lol spins
walk-pivoting
tap-dancing
dumb*** spinning
Dizzy moron tactic
"Lol I can't believe this has a place in the Metagame we all look like *******" maneuver

Any other suggestions, or is one of these good?

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I can see this already;" I just got beat by a spinning mario!"
oh and this just came to me as a name.
Spin Sticking
y/n?
-t2

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
hmm I watched the video actually looks useful

looks faster than walkings and I think unlike walking you keep the slide momentum while attacking? Idk I could be wrong...

lets try to keep conversation off of names and on to if this is actually useful or not, naming can always come after. I just read thru nine pages of posts to see how this can be used and 90 % of the replies where about naming.. 8/ ugh

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Its simple though surprisingly tricky to use.
I could see it being used for Luigi and Link, mainly since they move faster and have less traction and can perform anything out of it.
Imagine tarttrotting to the left then quickly DACing to the right?

infernovia

Smash Ace
waltzing or spinning. No RT please, only funny the first and second time you hear it (if that).

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Could someone just clarify how this could be useful on all characters besides Ice Climbers, Link, Yoshi, and Luigi?

Also, I prefer the Spintrot (mentioned earlier.) ST... Not bad.

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
hey anyone thought about peach´s turnip free pull with this "waltzing"

If anyone cares would u test it for me?

i think this will give peach more mobility.......plus glide tossing
then this is no only for IC´s desynching , luigi or link

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Oops, accidentally made post in wrong tab of my browser....ah well, might as well say something

Anyways, I've been experimenting with this. I'll say it works on scrubs in wifi battles if it comes to sudden death and you want to dtilt with extra range on marth, lol.

But ya, it's an appealing idea since it opens up ftilts, dtilts, etc. with more range.

I'm sure the link users will start to use this for sure =]

Sandoggg

Smash Apprentice
lol, this actually looks like it could mess some people up... nice find =D
definitely looks like it would be worth practicing

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Found another use! Metaknight's F-tilt usually stops all momentum, but if you C-walk into it, you slide along the ground! I'm sure there are other moves that can do this also, so I will continue testing.

Seems like what its already been found.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=160785

And Tommy G, I saw your post and it had a date earlier than mine. Sorry, it was a self-find for me, I'm not trying to steal credit. I'm going to put your name in the OP, but I'm not sure if Phanna discovered it first. Just let me know and I'll make the change.

IrArby

Smash Ace
Man **** IT THIS SUCKS I discovered this like a week ago but have no means of recording/posting it. To be honest its really good for Marth his is one of the most deciptive and has great variable speed plus you can forward smash or dancing blade out of it with ease as well as any other neutral ground attack it also great for chars who use a lot of bairs if you don't have enough space to auto RAR . I kicked a few people ***** with it in friendlies sat/sun. Its the closest thing to a dashdance once you master it you can feint attacks retreat and force opponents to attack you and counter them. Its like the only REAL ground approaching mind game. Kudos to the thread starter yet I still hold a grudge against you for posting it before me. Its makes a lot of chars have more unpredictable approaches even C.Falcon can benefit from it to dash grab w/e. Use you imagination but seriously with Marth its beastly.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
It's cool. I just don't like people shrugging of my posts. It annoys the hell out of me. Technically phanna did have a video up on youtube on it first. Lol and I did it in like March but it wasn't fast enough to be considered anything so I ignored it. Check out my post, too. Dash Delay is looking pretty sexy for marth and maybe others.

IrArby

Smash Ace
Dash Delay is looking pretty sexy for marth and maybe others.
Word. I would second you but I already did and it does work on more than just scrubs. Seriously how would you punish it? Its just like dashdancing as far as what it'll do to the opponent (make them second guess when/how you'll approach)

Its great for Marth since you can inch into your range while still outrangeing them. It looks kinda creepy with him though. Yoshi's is one of the best looking and covers alot of ground but I don't think it'll help him much. Its yet another tech to put the spacies back on top though. Not really on top but I works well for both of them. It kinda sucks with snake since his is not very big and MK isn't so hot with it either.

Lastly, it sounds dumb but since alot of players will Up B and land in the middle of the stage with nothing but DI to save them this tech works well since they'll always feint one way and DI another. Just walking into a fsmash seems so simple yet people rarely think to do it. If they don't Up B and can airdodge you can always say throw out a quick Nuetral A and grab them, smash them. tilt them, w/e right after. It works wonders if you can force people to "air spot dodge" when you want them to.

Moon-Doggie

Smash Ace
Testing this out, it seems best to use this out of a jump, preferabley out of an aerial.

Ex: MK: Fair, Walts into a Dsmash before they even land.
Brawl never really needed a wavedash, the characters are much to big in comparison to the stage, and to start this up, you need
to build some momentum first. That wastes space. With a jump you build enough momentum and your protected by an aerial move.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I'm sorry, but what's so special about this? Turn of Tap Up and circle or analog stick. I don't see anything different or unique about this. Is this a joke thread?

Edit: Wow, nevermind. This thread is old. >.>;

Lil Hero

Smash Cadet
This technique Is so useful! Legan pretty much invented the way it is incoporated for link players. Some people can get the technical aspects of it down but cant actually incoporate it into competitive play. Pivot boosting is actually faster than Links dash and is great for mindgames. A shame it's not discussed more.

Amazing Pivot Boost Tech chase 5:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAIlB1MHwTs

kr3wman

Smash Master
Testing this out, it seems best to use this out of a jump, preferabley out of an aerial.

Ex: MK: Fair, Walts into a Dsmash before they even land.
Brawl never really needed a wavedash, the characters are much to big in comparison to the stage, and to start this up, you need
to build some momentum first. That wastes space. With a jump you build enough momentum and your protected by an aerial move.
lol necro.

Too bad this never got the name spintrot... ST? yeah. Craqwalk? bleeeh.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Good for the IC but that's about it.

Well, them and Mewtwo...

Legan

Smash Lord
This technique is not in the least bit useless. In no way shape or form does it substitute for a dash dance, but the Mind game possibilities are endless. Try to use some creativity and you will find plenty of uses for pivot boosting (That is the correct term).

Ukemi

Smash Apprentice
Please don't call it anything like Tardtrotting. Mental *********** is not funny. n00bs are.

Since it's similar to dashDANCING I say we call it either waltzing or "The Twist" (someone posted it a few pages ago). I prefer The Twist because you can trip while waltzing, but you have to be like supernatural to trip while doing the twist.

Top Bottom