• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New, Better Dancedash?

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0TtfqWbok0

Its as simple as walking, changing directions then walking again. Please remember, most of the video is in either 2/3 mode or 1/2 mode.

Link's Crazy Walk (name pending) is faster than is regular dash.

You can vary how much speed you gain from each turn, its a little hard to explain, I just sorta got the "feel" for it, but when I know how, I'll post.

Also, you can desync your Iceclimbers, and also set up for some nasty combos. Check out my f-tilt to nana grab to chain throw to spike. Now THATS flashy. Lol.

With Luigi, this is Fantastic, you can do a crazy walk to a crouch-slide (cant think of official name) to avoid a counter attack, then hit with your own!

Usually, Metaknight's F-tilt halts all momentum, but if you C-walk into a f-tilt, you slide along the ground while attacking. I'll soon post a list of all moves that have the same property.

On the subject of sliding, it seems that there is a time frame that you must attack, and when an attack is inputted during this, you will slide. So you walk, you turn around, and hit the control stick in the original direction, now wait. You can't attack too early for you haven't gained much speed yet. At the point where you move the fastest, you must attack.

I feel like a jack-***.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=160785

Combined with the Craq walk you can do ariels chained to ground attacks, as seen in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdFZ13AA1w8

Anyway, in the 40 minutes or so that I've known the tech, its worked wonders, and it very easy to use. You just need to make sure to not dash, and then get the timing down.

Oh, and any better suggestions for a name?

And to all Peach players. I would really like some help from you. I dont know too much about the mechanics of the turnup pull, but something may come about if you combine this with the turn-around pull (the one where peach slides around while picking a turnup.) If you make a video, i will post it, and put your name in BIG letters.

And for the credit, I am in NO way taking credit for this. This is as disputed as the holy land. I do not know who owns this, or who was the first to discover it. I have had +4 people say that they have found it before me. I believe them, for I am NOT the first to discover this. But as of now, I do not give credit to anyone, including myself, for I do not know who was the first.

With this, i give mentions to

Tommy G:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthrea...43#post4526243

Phanna:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_tA5Mb15xtM

Frothylark:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=160785

I will be going away as of June 11. I will not be able to update this post until June 19. Any further discoveries, feel free to post and/or PM me, I will put them here when I get back.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Oh god. Do you know how stupid the metagame will look if this is useful? We'll be spinning around like a bunch of ******* all day.

I love it.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
I just thought of another thing, doing this to a Luigi crouch/wavedash thingymajig, sorry, I cant seem to find the name. Any way, this technique may make the other tech very useful.

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Hold on people, its gonna get up soon. Best ones so far are Ice climbers, its fast, plus *New Way to de-sync*, Link:for it is faster than his dash, and Yoshi: because its goes so **** fast. Most potential: Luigi, his low traction may prove to become some crazy tech.

I will record a little snippet tonight, but save the real good stuff for tomorrow.

Vro

Smash Lord
I'm assuming the ******** trot can be named dance dash for its backwardness?

D

Deleted member

I dont understand how its done. Can u clarify please?

PrinceJesse

Smash Cadet
You walk in one direction, change directions (still walking I'd assume) and change directions again and continue.

Disgustingly simple.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
I dunno TT doesn't roll off the tongue as well.

I like ******** Trot. RT'ing would be pretty cool.

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
I don't know why, but I just can't do this. What controller were you using?

acv

Smash Journeyman
i like this.it so confusing(mindgames maybe?).i think you should call it retardash

ihatemybrother

Smash Journeyman
Dang, I just made the sickest video showcasing this technique. I is WAY to practical to call the tard trot, in the video, I called it crazy walkin' (CW?)

Anyway, check the OP soon because I will post video once youtube is done killing my quality.

Jon64

Smash Cadet
Crazy walking sound kinda dumbd as a serious name. Spinwalk or turnslide or something to that effect would sound more reaosnable IMO.

Whatever you call it though, it looks pretty sick. How difficult would you say it is to work into a useable part of your game?

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Turntabling? Lol. I haven't tried it yet, but if the description of how to do it is correct, then it probably should be easier to work into your game than wavedashing. >_>

Jewdo

Smash Journeyman
(J) FOX TROTTING

It just makes sense.
I guess nobody thought my "Michael J. Fox/Parkinson's" joke was funny....

Also, another poster found (this same/a similar) thing a few weeks ago and received a split wow/meh response. Spin-Sliding, I believe it was called. I'd have to see more evidence to be sure whether or not it's the same thing as chaining Pivot-Slides together.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
I don't understand how we didn't find this before. This seems way too easy to overlook. Are we missing something here?

Jon64

Smash Cadet
This looks more awsome the more I look at it!

Since you're walking, there is no chance of tripping!

BTW, it does look exeptionally like something I'd call retardash when you do it with yoshi xD

popo12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nucleotyde
3DS FC
1977-0411-3918
Turntabling? Lol. I haven't tried it yet, but if the description of how to do it is correct, then it probably should be easier to work into your game than wavedashing. >_>
When I saw it, Turntabling was actually something I thought of. Curse you for stealing my name idea!:laugh:

Koga

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand how we didn't find this before. This seems way too easy to overlook. Are we missing something here?
alot of people are still to used to melee, and some are too busy looking for things to hate about brawl instead of looking for good things.

Koga

Smash Journeyman
I was most impressed with the squall hammer grab by the IC's

Cowbox

Smash Cadet
I'm going to have to test this out next chance I get. If this is as awesome as we all think it might be, then metagame matches are going to be AWESOME (read: hilarious).

Spinwalk seems most appropriate. I mean, srsly, you're spinning while walking. >_>

Koga

Smash Journeyman
The Technique mindgames will be rediculous. because you're turning, you can seudo RaR. Jab-back air or something like that.

Top Bottom