• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Funny that two sigs from regular posters in this thread point to me (one directly, the other indirectly). I feel so loved for all the wrong reasons. <3

But anyway, I remember Md Duck. Wb! ^_^

And happy B-Day R E D X!!! :D

Nido

ily Sebby
New title
"**** YOU MUSHROOMISED INDUCING PRICKS I'M GOING TO SMAAAAAASH YOU"
Personal experience for inspiration was used

:phone:

Screk

Lost in moonside
NNID
Screkness
Alright random question ( not really smash related ) BUT how old do you guys think you'll be playing video games for ? Im assuming I'll be playing till I'm at least 28 - 30 something. Being realistic about it

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
At this point in time, i'm honestly not sure when i'll stop. I'm young but have older siblings and already i'm an uncle, I can totally imagine sitting down with my kids later on in life and teaching them the wonders of 'games of yesterday'.

Also beating them at smash hardcore.

J/KS, only when they're good enough to beat me. :p

Nido

ily Sebby
With the way I think the industry is going via motion obsession I'll probably quit games at some stage and be like to the younger kids "Back in my day we had to use sticks to move"

And tell them to stop playing their Call of Duty Black Ops 23

Nido

ily Sebby
Scaraba, Dalaam, Moonside, Saturn Valley, Happy Happy Village and Tenda Village

Gotta keep it compact

Tikao

Smash Ace
EB music <3<3<3 Fourside <3<3<3 Onett <3<3<3 Deep Deep Darkness <3<3<3 Saturn Valley <3<3<3 Tenda Village <3<3<3
(My Top 5 Favourite EB City tune [ you can Teleport to Deep Deep Darkness ... so ... its legit])

Flame Hyenard

Smash Lord
Along with Snowman, it's a classic, that's for sure !

Creepiest music outside of the Giygas Battle : Caverns of Winters. So unsettling O_O

Tikao

Smash Ace
earthbound has imo the best soundtrack of every game , making it the best game in the world for me ^-^ ... the atmosphere is just great with the backgrounds , battle music's , City Music's , Boss Music's... like every soundtrack in EB is just awesome and fits so well
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3jrFkPedtM <3<3<3 love that cave-soundtrack and his variations ... (when you start your journey / in the background of the saturn caves and also at the beginning of some enemys ... can't remember exactly , which one , it's years ago that i played eartbound , maybe battles against some starmen?) ... it's so awesome and also the reason I'm maining ness ... EARTHBOUND <3 ... sry , it's always like this , when talking about earthbound (specially the music and atmosphere)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
My favourite tracks from earthbound?

Home Sweet Home

Onett and Twoson

Fourside and iirc summers + winters

quite a few of the battle themes, unfortunately for me not including battle against a machine...

A lot of the boss themes

Pokey battle theme

A bunch of other themes... Boy Meets Girl, Because I love you, Paula's Prison, bus theme, BIKE THEME YES YES YES I CAN WHISTLE THAT ALL DAY, Buy Something Will Ya! Umm... a few of the runaway five themes and more.

However, Tikao, I have a game that imo surpasses Earthbound in both music and story (I hear your gasps, "IT'S NOT POSSIBLE!"). That, would be this game:

And here's a taste of its music... it's hard to pick just one that would suit all of you so here's a few:

This is the map theme. You walk around on the map rather than pick places on it to go. :D

Crysta, the beginning town. This is usually listed in top 10 (usually no. 1, 2 or 3 in that regard) for best town OSTs. Very peaceful, beautiful... and perhaps a bit sad and nostalgic, once you play the game

Forest/mountain and Grey-Cliff theme, really epic theme. ^_^

Elle's theme, very sad and especially emotional when you play the game

There's also a remastered version of one of the songs, 'Sadness'. I'll link you to that because the remastered version is incredible:

Sadness (remastered): Song really starts at about 0:20... this is... amazing.

Anyway, I love earthbound but nothing made me cry so hard as this game. Its so beautifully made in every aspect, music, story, gameplay, it even has (albeit primitive but still really fun) stealth when you have to sneak in to this castle without being seen by the guards. Such an amazing game, it deserves more respect.

I wish Ark could be in the next smash bros. ;_;

Tikao

Smash Ace
i heared a lot about terranigma ... and heared terranigma music too and it's awesome BUT the earthbound music is imo better ... but the terranigma music is just awesome too , i should play it , i like retro games , and specially retro music ^-^ ... but i don't think , there could be any better game series than the mother / earthbound series , but thats just my opinion , earthbound is a bit strange , which is exactly , what makes earthbound so awesome for me , but there are people , which don't like that strange aspect ... don't know how to say that ... but "ahh eartzhbuonce s0ukz , luo0k ath dhe gräfükcs" is not a reason for me ... hate graphic *****s , who are ONLY conzentrated on graphics

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I like Earthbound's kookiness and obviously it's a matter of taste but personally I feel like the story, both in and out of game concerning Terranigma is really incredible.

I mean, on the outside, the developer for Terranigma was actually depressed. This was after Terranigma's spiritual predecessors. Anyway, apparently he met a man in strange clothing who was traveling around the world, who helped the guy out of his depression, thus it was this that inspired him to make Terranigma, the third and final installment to the spiritual series (I can't remember the first one but the second is Illusion of Gaia).

But the reason the inside story works better for me is so: Earthbound has a great story. It's direct and not direct at the same time and it twists and turns and has some emotional, kooky and hilarious moments throughout the story. HOWEVER, once you've defeated giygas, that's pretty much it, you know what's happened, you know the meaning of what you've done.

In Terranigma, your story is indirect, you have no idea what you are truly setting out to do. Then you resurrect the world and things get further tangled as you enter first through the world of plants and animals, to the world of humans, villages and the first planes and all that. However, through all of you've got these tasks that give hints of what the real evil is. Then... you have that whole deception thing and I won't even go in to that because that's an integral part of the story that is seriously heart-burning and it leads on until the end...

And through everything, all you've ever wanted to do is be with Elle. That's it, nothing more. But there are worlds between you and still you're unsure of your true being. Then, at the very end... well, everything there is open to interpretation and it's also integral to the story so I won't spoil it for tik.

Basically what I love in Terranigma compared to Earthbound is that it really makes you think, from start to finish, think about life and though many sad things happen, it gives you this optimistic outlook on life. I really do love Terranigma, it is my favourite game of all time and IMO it just does everything right. Earthbound does too, there's just differing degrees of success. ^_^

Also, my favourite VGM of all time comes from it, I doubt you will have heard it because it's at the end of the game, in the epilogue. It's... so sad and so beautiful... don't listen to it unless you've played the game because even its name is revealing! :o

Nido

ily Sebby
For the record, technically it's "Fatties" not "Fatty's"

I've gotten a cold and started seconding ROB which ***** Luco

Top Bottom