• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ivysaur's a breed. :I

Plus, birdo isn't part of a breed, is he/she/whatever the heck it is? Doesn't that make things substantially different?

Actually, it's interesting to note that pink was once seen as a definitively boy colour. You know, pink was aggressive, rough, like red. Whereas blue is a calming colour, like a lake on a starry night.

I also just checked. If the devs wanted Ivysaur as a girl in SSBB, you'd think they'd put it in the trophy description. They didn't. TO BE FAIR, they referred to Ivy as 'it', rather than 'he' (or 'she'). Now, you took your birdo argument out of the game description, so if you tell me that the dev saying it means all, then your birdo argument is invalid unless you quote me a time when a dev said it. Even then, it wouldn't necessarily work for Ivy because of Ivy's trophy description.

And anyway, we all know that Birdo is still discovering it's own gender :-P

Comprimise? :3
Nope, cuz it still doesnt change the fact that the one Ivysaur in Brawl was specified by the producers to be a girl.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I know, like, I dont know how much more reason I can give anymore, it should be blatantly obvious that Ivy is a girl after all that.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
If you can prove that the ivysaur in brawl has lady-parts, I will believe you.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If you can prove any male character in brawl has man-parts, I will.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Sooo I recently discovered that I'm naturally kickass with Ness. I might make a few stops around these parts for a while. >_>

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Whoever this guy is, I like him.

Welcome to the Ness boards!

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Okay, so I'm contemplating bringing my Wii down to college after I go home for spring break. Do it or don't? I don't get wifi in my dorm room, but I get it some other places. OR I could buy an adapter for ethernet > USB like I've seen some other people do.

Xubble

Smash Ace
If nobody else you chill with has a Wii, I'd say go for it. Doesn't hurt to have something to do, right? And you could find some potential Smashers. :D

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
@EagleI: If you've got mad people to play in your dorm, by all means go for it. I'd die if I didn't have dudes to play against. Gotta keep training...

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
@EagleI: If you've got mad people to play in your dorm, by all means go for it. I'd die if I didn't have dudes to play against. Gotta keep training...
HOLY ****ING ****!!! IT'S 1337-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN AGES!

I've got so few people to play against besides my friends, and I know there are some good people on campus (ripple goes here, but he quit brawl basically), but I haven't been able to just practice and mess around, which I sorta need to do to test out some crazy jab techniques and jab-lock setups.

Xubble

Smash Ace
I need to check out the Ness top 5. I only know of FOW and Red X, and I actually have beaten Red X on WiFi. Given, WiFi sucks and it was months ago, and I remember the match being very sloppy on both of our parts. I still has the replay. >_>

I need to find some good videos to watch so I can see all the tricksies and such. I'm already good at PKT(2) mindgames. ^_^

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
I need to check out the Ness top 5. I only know of FOW and Red X, and I actually have beaten Red X on WiFi. Given, WiFi sucks and it was months ago, and I remember the match being very sloppy on both of our parts. I still has the replay. >_>

I need to find some good videos to watch so I can see all the tricksies and such. I'm already good at PKT(2) mindgames. ^_^
My trolling wifi days, how I miss them! Gotta start wifi-ing again once I find the time, was always so jokes lol :D

I actually remember that match lol and you're right it was not only laggy but just really sloppy all around for both of us XD

If you ever wanna play again feel free to hit me up btw, love to see that Ness of yours and see how you measure up in a few serious games with whoever you main (been so long I actually don't remember XD) :)

Only two vids I have on hand are these, take from them what you will lol, but neither is really all THAT impressive and neither is really my A-game (so many stoopid mistakes lmao), but they're still kinda fun to look back on :)

vs Falco (HM on our PR)

vs ICs (#6 on our PR)

Edit: Also Twinx (Ness main from Vegas iirc) has been lookin into becoming a top 5 Ness and has been asking about my own and Rockmix's wins. Anyone know any of Rockmix's or Twinx's notable wins/placings?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Rockmix hasnt done much lately, mostly cuz our scene in general hasnt done much lately.

Xubble

Smash Ace
@RedX Glad to hear that I'm memorable. XD

If we ever do a match again, we'll have to do it offline. I just can't do WiFi anymore, it hurts my rep and doesn't really show off my true skill. :\

But I'd LOVE to play against you, especially since you're in the Top 5 of a character I like. :X

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Rockmix hasnt done much lately, mostly cuz our scene in general hasnt done much lately.
Really? I remember Yink a little while back was sayin he had some impressive wins/placings under his belt :O

@RedX Glad to hear that I'm memorable. XD

If we ever do a match again, we'll have to do it offline. I just can't do WiFi anymore, it hurts my rep and doesn't really show off my true skill. :\

But I'd LOVE to play against you, especially since you're in the Top 5 of a character I like. :X
I agree, offline is DEFS the way to go wifi's just fun to mess around on lol

And I don't know when we could get a chance to play (Impulse perhaps?), I sometimes go OoR so if I'm near NY I'll defs hit you up for some games, be fun! :)

Xubble

Smash Ace
Ho snap, you're right next door to me in ol' Ontario! ^_^

And now that I see this tourney, I'm considering it. MAYBE WE COULD BE DOUBLES BUDDIES! :D:D:D

Anyway, I'm 9 billion times better offline and after months of training. I rewatched the replay and was like "Wow, I'm such a scrub back then. Can't even chaingrab correctly. T_T"

I main Dedede, by the way. >_>

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Okay, RedX, I watched the game with you against that ICs main... and the way you lost made me sad. You could've footstooled the nana, lived, and hit Popo all at once.

baconator25

Smash Cadet
So guys, on Saturday I'm going to my first ever real tournament (not including college ones and what not) and I'm pretty excited for it. Hoping mostly to just play some friendlies and get some experience and advice.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Good luck, broski-nator! You can shake dem bushes witcho ness!

So guess how much sleep I got?
I you guessed a number greater than 0hrs, you lose.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Okay, RedX, I watched the game with you against that ICs main... and the way you lost made me sad. You could've footstooled the nana, lived, and hit Popo all at once.
I know :(

I just kinda choked and didn't commit to it, tried to do two things at the same time and paid the price for it :(

So guys, on Saturday I'm going to my first ever real tournament (not including college ones and what not) and I'm pretty excited for it. Hoping mostly to just play some friendlies and get some experience and advice.
Good luck man, show them all that Ness da best! :D

Also can someone else take a look at Twinx's videos? He seems pretty legit and (if he has been going all Ness in bracket (which I actually don't know so this'd be good to check too lol)) his results are impressive, can someone else with a little more experience than me voice an opinion on him? :O

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
HOLY ****ING ****!!! IT'S 1337-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAVEN'T SEEN YOU IN AGES!

I've got so few people to play against besides my friends, and I know there are some good people on campus (ripple goes here, but he quit brawl basically), but I haven't been able to just practice and mess around, which I sorta need to do to test out some crazy jab techniques and jab-lock setups.
I still amwilling to play with you. I just don't want to travel

:phone:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh hello there Ripple.

Also just killed with PK Fire OFF THE TOP.

GET ON MY LEVEL NESSES.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I still amwilling to play with you. I just don't want to travel

:phone:
It's more that this week has been "die by the overflow of homework all of a sudden" that I haven't asked to brawl.

And@Supreme, YOU AREN'T LUCAS!!!!! GRAHHHHH!!!!!

Top Bottom